Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada (52845 Views)

Why Nigeria Is Better Than The US - US-Based Nigerian Gives Reasons / Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria IS NOT BETTER Than Canada / Is Migrating To London Now Better Than Canada? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Eriokanmi: 11:18am On Dec 15, 2020
lexy2014:

So u don't even no why u went to d US for postgraduate despite ur claim that we "have it all here". Y did u go to d US despite we "have it all here"? Has d meaning of d word "all" changed in d dictionary?
What if you simply ask Google the meaning of ''all..except" hun?

Maybe you should, little boy smiley
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by lekki1444: 11:19am On Dec 15, 2020
pcguru1:

I won't lie you are quite right...........however having left the country what exists out there is way much more lucrative than here. Besides they are not mutually exclusive. You can be there and still acquire. When I was in Atlanta the amount of business opportunities there just by having a foreign passport is something I cannot ignore. Nigeria you will still be subjected to issue regardless of wealth. My life could be cut short , health is not something I can guarantee. I'll be honest there's better value for life outside. I'm not patriotic so anywhere that pays me is where I'll set my head. My only fear is Westernization to my children. I don't want my kids fed with western ideologies like Homosexuality, Gender identity and all that Liberal madness.
well brother we all have our destinies and laid out path. If that be your path, then so be it. In all things seek humility and righteousness so that your path will be clear.
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Elxandre(m): 11:20am On Dec 15, 2020
Eriokanmi:
By the grace of God, I'm doing far better than those you call fraudsters, including those politicians stealing our money. My profession had taken be to Washington DC to dine with the US president. I don't know who else in government have got such privilege except the president. God's grace abounds. I've got no regret in coming back home to invest my time and talent. Agriculture is the way to go.
You're privileged to be in the minority and you now proclaim Nigeria is better because of your rare privilege which majority of Nigerians don't have?

A society which people with average incomes can't live a humane life is completely broken and dysfunctional.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 15, 2020
lekki1444:
well brother we all have our destinies and laid out path. If that be your path, then so be it. In all things seek humility and righteousness so that your path will be clear.

Amen o

1 Like

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by spydera: 11:24am On Dec 15, 2020
meobizy:
Yet OP Is in Canada reporting this. Lol. Abegi, I sabi the format.
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by ENG0701: 11:25am On Dec 15, 2020
I doubt the OP has been to Canada before.
Health is absolutely free, noone pays anything for healthcare except for drugs which are affordable because there is a body that regulates drugs prices.
Power in canada is way cheaper than Nigeria. You claimed you paid 80 CAD, that is 23,600. For 247 light. The max i have paid is 90 CAD. Despite central AC that gets to even the bathroom, electric cooker, and we bake and cook a lot in my house.
Data is cheaper than Nigeria also, I pay 45CAD for unlimited data with speed of 150mbps. I also pay 50cad for my phone but that is unlimited calls to US and all of Canada, how much do you think 8GB and unlimited calls in Nigeria will be per month.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by symbianDON(m): 11:25am On Dec 15, 2020
Freestainworld:
When I was residing in UAE, I was paying 150k a month for just one room, just imagine how much I spend in a year, nothing is free anywhere.
so true! living in Dubai is freaking expensive.
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by teamsynergy: 11:34am On Dec 15, 2020
moodyguy:
Why so pessimistic

No wahala ,, Nigeria is the best country in the world
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Elxandre(m): 11:36am On Dec 15, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Okobo... Because people in Canada don't die of diseases...

That's why I said u typed stupid points..

Hope u and ur family are not residing in hell Sha... Cos u'll look foolish

So you really want to compare Healthcare in Canada/any advanced country to Nigeria?

A country people die from doctors strike?

I know you to be smarter than this na. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by sowilli: 11:46am On Dec 15, 2020
Nigeria is cheap, to make money is harder. If you make money, you can give yourself healthcare, electricity and the basic necessities. Canada is expensive but easier to make money and have the basic necessities in place. Once rich in Nigeria, it is easier to remain rich and get richer. It is easier to make money in Canada but quite difficult to be rich. It’s about knowing what you want.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Cousin9999: 11:50am On Dec 15, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

You are saying what I posted . You only expanded it.

I guess I detected more sarcasm than you intended. My bad.
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by phobia2002: 11:50am On Dec 15, 2020
At least you can afford it, you can be in naija yet #5000 rent difficult
Freestainworld:
When I was residing in UAE, I was paying 150k a month for just one room, just imagine how much I spend in a year, nothing is free anywhere.
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Cousin9999: 11:54am On Dec 15, 2020
sowilli:
Nigeria is cheap, to make money is harder.

That depends on your definition of "hard." Some people are shocked to find they can't "hustle" abroad like they would back home.
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by edoairways: 11:58am On Dec 15, 2020
ENG0701:
Health is absolutely free, noone pays anything for healthcare except for drugs which are affordable because there is a body that regulates drugs prices.
Power in canada is way cheaper than Nigeria. You claimed you paid 80 CAD, that is 23,600. For 247 light. The max i have paid is 90 CAD. Despite central AC that gets to even the bathroom, electric cooker, and we bake and cook a lot in my house.
Data is cheaper than Nigeria also, I pay 45CAD for unlimited data with speed of 150mbps. I also pay 50cad for my phone but that is unlimited calls to US and all of Canada, how much do you think 8GB and unlimited calls in Nigeria will be per month.
Really! You get unlimited data for 45CAD, that is about $35 valued at N13,500 approximately. Yet some Nigerians spend up to this in a month yet their data speed is slow

2 Likes

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Djuggernaut(m): 12:00pm On Dec 15, 2020
I swear this is the dumbest shit I have read this year so far.

1 Like

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by benji93: 12:01pm On Dec 15, 2020
You can state facts without lying. Speed of 150mbps? Common, stop intimidating people. cheesy grin
ENG0701:
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by ultimateprof: 12:01pm On Dec 15, 2020
That's good but don't forget to write 10 reasons why Nigeria is more worst than Canada.

On a serious note, how can you use sleep to compare death?

"Nigeria is an abiku country" Wole Soyinka.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by emecheboy2(m): 12:04pm On Dec 15, 2020
hakeem4:
To be honest, I do not feel like relocating out of Nigeria. I don’t know the fuss Nigerians have with Canada sha

Oga it's about permanent residency and citizenship. I know some persons that only lived in Canada for five years. They are back in Nigeria and have their papers and Canadian passport. They travel whenever they like now.

1 Like

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Ayemileto(m): 12:06pm On Dec 15, 2020
MJBOLT:
but if you are given canadian visa,you will gladly accept it o.

No mind her.

I think she's already living in Canada self.

If she no like there, why she no come back?

1 Like

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by chaloskyx: 12:07pm On Dec 15, 2020
1. Schools are generally cheaper in Nigeria unlike Canada. : Y[b]ES THEY ARE BUT THEY DONT GO ON ENDLESS STRIKE AND PUT STUDENTS LIFE IN JEOPARDY AND ON HOLD FOR YEARS[/b]
2. Electricity is cheaper in Nigeria than in Canada: YES IT IS BUT IS IT AVALIABLE ALSO HAVE YOU FACTORED COSTS OF RUNNING GENERATOR IN YOUR ANALISIS

3. Healthcare is cheaper in Nigeria than in Canada : YES ITS CHEAPER BUT DOES IT TRANSLATE TO GOOD HEALTHCARE YOU GET TO THE HOSPITAL THEY SAY DOCTOR ISNT AROUND OR THERE IS NO LIGHT OR BLOOD BANK

4. You can never feel lonely in Nigeria unlike Canada: YES NIGERIA WINS THIS ONE

5. The weather in Nigeria is better than that of Canada: ANOTHER WIN FOR NIGERIA

6. The price of petrol in Nigeria is cheaper than in Canada: WELL IT DEPENDS HAVE YOU FACTORED IN THINGS LIKE ENDLESS TRAFFIC THAT INCREASES FUEL CONSUMPTION IN NIGERIA

7. Getting African food is cheaper in Nigeria than Canada: NIGERIA WITH THE WIN HOWEVER THINGS THAT WE IMPORT SUCH AS FOREIGN EXPORTS MILK E.TC ARE CHEAPER IN CANADA

8. Accommodation is far cheaper in Nigeria unlike Canada: NIGERIA WITH THE WIN

9. Data is cheap in Nigeria unlike Canada: NIGERIA WINS AGAIN

BUT WITH ALL THESE POINTS I WOULD STILL PICK CANADA OVER NIGERIA ANYDAY
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Olasimpson: 12:11pm On Dec 15, 2020
Even if the reasons are more than that we go still enter

2 Likes

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Cj4charles(m): 12:17pm On Dec 15, 2020
Even your so called Nigeria needs to travel outside and see life for itself## Still with this so called write-up Nigerians living there are more healthier than almost all Nigerians here

1 Like

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by ogbu80(m): 12:21pm On Dec 15, 2020
Keshinr0:

I swear what the nigga wrote just dey vex me.
Canada minimum monthly wage is $2900 that's about 1.4million.
They want to earn such an amount, but they don't want to spend up to #100,000 monthly
don't mind them, de wan go heaven but de no wan die

1 Like

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by ENG0701: 12:22pm On Dec 15, 2020
benji93:
You can state facts without lying. Speed of 150mbps? Common, stop intimidating people. cheesy grin

Categorically, yes. Rogers has speed of 1000mbps, not an exaggeration.
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by ENG0701: 12:23pm On Dec 15, 2020
edoairways:

Really! You get unlimited data for 45CAD, that is about $35 valued at N13,500 approximately. Yet some Nigerians spend up to this in a month yet their data speed is slow

The 45CAD is promo price, actual price is 60. You enjoy the promo for 12 months.
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by bomsilaga(m): 12:24pm On Dec 15, 2020
hakeem4:
for example you might earn 3k cad every month and still pay 1k5 house rent monthly
There are different options of houses to choose from.
You can't earn 500k monthly and expect to live in Banana Island
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 12:27pm On Dec 15, 2020
Madam you mentioned govt public school is cheap in naija, I agree with you.

But can u let your pikin to attend these schools back home? Where there are no modern toilets, no furnitures (pupils, university undergrads sitting on the bare floor to revieve educational instructions), unconducive indecent learning environments, very poor quanlity antediluvian obsolete learning methodologies and curriculum? With the classroom roofs caving in? With school buildings and dormitories defaced and premises overgrown with weeds (conditions perfect for the recently reported abducted 600 students)?

This my point alone invalidate your opinions.
It is either govt has paid u or u are trying to discourage other Nigerians from migrating over there to join u guys. U are feeling insecure.

1 Like

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by VULCAN(m): 12:28pm On Dec 15, 2020
Thank you for this.

I too felt the OPs points were senseless.

Comparing the cost of living and quality of life of an immigrant from a poor country to the life the immigrant would have lived if he didn't leave his country. Completely ignoring the benefits same immigrant is now enjoying in his new country.

How silly can one get.

Mtscheww!

demoBaba:
1. You also forget to compare Nigeria minimum wage with Canada minimum wage.

2. You also forget to mention salary paid per hour in Canada, and total package per month.

3. You also forget to compare unemployment rate in Nigeria, guys are ready to work but there's no work in Nigeria.

4. You also forget to mention insecurity in Nigeria, more than twenty number of arms robbers came to our area yesterday night operate freely.

5. Imagine a student in Canada that's building five bedroom duplex in Nigeria.

6. Them plenty....

If I no japa wetin I gain.

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by benji93: 12:29pm On Dec 15, 2020
Bullshit, but the internet says Taiwan has the fastest with 85mbps. You must not know what Mbps means. cheesy
ENG0701:

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Shancca: 12:30pm On Dec 15, 2020
Modo9:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I9Y3PS42vo

Useless thread. You de talk to who never stay abroad before abi.
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 12:30pm On Dec 15, 2020
ENG0701:

don't mind him, highest here in naija I have seen is 2mb/s even @ 4g

Or is naija 4g fake?
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by femi4: 12:32pm On Dec 15, 2020
Posting from Canada grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

After Over One Year In Ghana. / • • •Tips On Getting A US VISA / Accident Along Benin Highway Few Days Ago,Some Dead,Others Injured(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.