Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Ado Ekiti Is Underrated - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ado Ekiti Is Underrated (37515 Views)

The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) / Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? / Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ado Ekiti Is Underrated by tripoli007(m): 9:34am On Dec 15, 2020
figoperch:

Asides those hotels and bars, nada is there.

My friend has been shouting for govt to help repair their street in the heart of Adebayo for 6 years now, nothing has been done.

The street is now cut into 2.

Make nobody come give anybody bobo for here.

Leave d guy make he dey deceive gullible folks , so many areas in ado are like that ..Ado that Glo network dey turn off 3G once its 8.30pm ,turn it bavk 7am next day ..during ASUU strike like this , 80% of the people are super hungry .. Ado is a city bthat relies on students to survive
Re: Ado Ekiti Is Underrated by Memberclub(m): 9:35am On Dec 15, 2020
Moferere:

I can't compare Ughelli with Ado, I don't lie about where I have never been to.

Let's compare Asaba where I have been to.

A state capital like Ado.
Does Asaba has good roads?

Are there mud houses with red roofs in the heart of Asaba?

With the oil revenues that Asaba is getting, is there anything on ground to show for it?
Asaba that has an airport, A football stadium
Shoprite, hotels etc

Your are comparing it with ADO?
Haba I'm confused ooo
Re: Ado Ekiti Is Underrated by Ifelander1(f): 9:37am On Dec 15, 2020
Ekiti would definitely be good for local tourism with their hilly terrain and picturesque look, even America has such town. No be everywhere and everything be skyline and skyscraper. They should be focusing on providing the basic amenities and improving the quality of welfare for their people.

My two cents..

P.s: Flowers all over ekiti would def be good wink
Re: Ado Ekiti Is Underrated by Iriruaga100(m): 9:37am On Dec 15, 2020
Moferere:

I can't compare Ughelli with Ado, I don't lie about where I have never been to.

Let's compare Asaba where I have been to.

A state capital like Ado.

Are there mud houses with red roofs in the heart of Asaba?

With the oil revenues that Asaba is getting, is there anything on ground to show for it?

Bro, Ado has beautiful landscape but you’re should not compare Ado to Asaba.. Both cities are world apart!! Asaba has somehow better infrastructure when you compare her with Ado.. Ado is a beautiful place that need urgent attention in areas that surrounds the main city center like govt house, fajuyi etc.. Lets call a spade the right name..
Re: Ado Ekiti Is Underrated by figoperch: 9:43am On Dec 15, 2020
tripoli007:

Leave d guy make he dey deceive gullible folks , so many areas in ado are like that ..Ado that Glo network dey turn off 3G once its 8.30pm ,turn it bavk 7am next day ..during ASUU strike like this , 80% of the people are super hungry .. Ado is a city bthat relies on students to survive

I bought mtn line in january because i couldn't get 4g on airtel, etisalat n glo.

Aircel 4g just came up around sept.

Na students dey drive the economy of Ado.

I was a UNADite 20yrs ago. It's still like that today.

1 Like

Re: Ado Ekiti Is Underrated by figoperch: 9:44am On Dec 15, 2020
Memberclub:

Shoprite, hotels etc

Haba I'm confused ooo

Asaba get better cinemas, waterviews and so much more.

Asaba still has influx of oil and gas money.

Nothing of such in Ado.

Asaba no be Ado mate
Re: Ado Ekiti Is Underrated by Moferere: 9:46am On Dec 15, 2020
Iriruaga100:

Bro, Ado has beautiful landscape but you’re should not compare Ado to Asaba.. Both cities are world apart!! Asaba has somehow better infrastructure when you compare her with Ado.. Ado is a beautiful place that need urgent attention in areas that surrounds the main city center like govt house, fajuyi etc.. Lets call a spade the right name..

What infrastructure are you talking about?
Highlight them.
Good security architecture?
Can you boast of stable power supply in Asaba?
Which infrastructure are you talking about please?
And please, if you haven't resided in Asaba, just back out of this discussion.

Because I will be asking you questions.
Re: Ado Ekiti Is Underrated by Moferere: 9:48am On Dec 15, 2020
Memberclub:

Shoprite, hotels etc

Haba I'm confused ooo

Apart from Airport (which is other construction in Ekiti )
There is nothing you have mentioned here that's not in Ekiti.

And besides, if shoprite and hotels are your yardstick of measuring development, I am sorry for your intellectual capacity o
Re: Ado Ekiti Is Underrated by DimIsaac10(m): 9:50am On Dec 15, 2020
Ekiti.....
We are even part of the reason some states are not developed..
Instead of you to tell Ekiti that they far behind in terms of development, you are praising them...
Ekiti that the best hospital is more like a boys quarters in Iyin Ekiti ......
Next pls.
Re: Ado Ekiti Is Underrated by Openbusiness: 10:03am On Dec 15, 2020
seanwilliam:

Except you will be working from home due to good power supply.. osun is a dry land for business bro. A typical Lagos boy like u will find it hard to cope with osun lifestyle.. and all Yoruba states are accommodating and loving in as much u respect them too .. osun and ekiti are in Same league.. no serious upcoming business man will take those place for consideration.. depends on the business sha o
Power supply? You're 100% right. Na Ife be the only place wey I don stay that I experienced 24 hours light for almost 2 weeks. I couldn't believe I was in Nigeria, i was shocked shocked. Normally for Lagos, cloth wey I was wear for July, I go don iron am down by January, cuz NEPA be like harmattan for Lagos grin. But for Ife, na d time I wan wear clothe I go iron cuz he sure me die say Light go always dey, unless transformer get problem. Na iron as u wear I dey do for Ife dar time grin grin.

Also, Ife was the only place I have been to in my life so far, where I was totally broke for over a month and didn't feel it for one single day grin grin. Cuz that place was like a vegetation paradise. See me see pawpaw, I chop am tire, see me see mango tree, see me see orange tree, see me see banana, na so so fruit trees full everywhere, and the town's people were so lovely, nice and welcoming, na pluck as u like dem dey do oh grin grin grin.

Orange tree wey dey gimme wahala, cuz of thorns as per me wey na city boy I be, dem go help me pluck am. For over a month wey 1 naira no dey my hand for that period, I was eating fruits and feeling fresh, healthy and satisfied in Ile-Ife. I even got to be selecting sef grin, fruit time table grin, very blessed City with nature.

The only problem I had then was that those bastard squirrels go dey follow me drag who go first pluck fresh pawpaw for morning grin grin grin. Those squirrels na winch, dem no dey take eyes see ripe pawpaw grin grin. But Person no hold money for Lagos, where u wan see fruit tree, talkless of see free fruits chop, na hunger go kill person wey no hold moni for dis Lagos grin grin grin

And yes, it took me sometime to adapt to that serene lifestyle in Ife, cuz like Lagos person dey suffer oh, we are so used to the abnormal fast-lane hustle jama jama lifestyle, so used to traffic, used to noise and choked spaces due to over population. But Ife was so big, so spacious, less noise, the roads was always free almost 100% of the time. If I want to go for a 10AM appointment, I can leave like 9:30AM, unlike Lagos that if you have a 10Am appointment, you have to leave by 5AM. Lagos life na suffer lifestyle but we're just used to it, used to madness, like being a diner at the tea party of the Mad Hatter. But the painful part is when you now leave, you start missing Lagos Life again, the Stockholm Syndrome is truly real, nawa oh sad

Before I used to think it's only Lagos you can make it big, until one time when I met a businessman in Osun that was a big multimillionaire selling plumbing materials. The man don't have any single business in Lagos at all. This life ehn, who go make am go make am, location or no location, Lagos or no Lagos. Na make God just bless the works of our hands.

2 Likes

Re: Ado Ekiti Is Underrated by Iriruaga100(m): 10:04am On Dec 15, 2020
Moferere:

What infrastructure are you talking about?
Highlight them.
Good security architecture?
Can you boast of stable power supply in Asaba?
Which infrastructure are you talking about please?
And please, if you haven't resided in Asaba, just back out of this discussion.

Because I will be asking you questions.

Oga, I have been to Ado and Asaba, I tell you here and now Asaba is far better than Ado in ramification!! The roads in Asaba is far better than that of Warri.... Pls, don’t say Ado is better than Warri or Sapele. You will embarrass yourself if you do. Delta is a corrupt State, but all her state roads are very good except for Federal road like Abraka to Agbor and Warri to Benin. The Delta section of Warri-Benin road is currently been patched by the state government..
For electricity and security that’s the job of federal government...
Re: Ado Ekiti Is Underrated by marsman: 10:06am On Dec 15, 2020
Vanzcharles:

Oga make I snap mushin Abi ajegunle? Hear na ghetto na wey even get good road network.
Go Birmingham now... No body seal your buttocks in the Mushin.
Re: Ado Ekiti Is Underrated by Khahidmorgan24(m): 10:10am On Dec 15, 2020
D no get sweepers?
See as sand full everywhere for road
Re: Ado Ekiti Is Underrated by Vanzcharles(m): 10:11am On Dec 15, 2020
marsman:

Go Birmingham now... No body seal your buttocks in the Mushin.

I no grab una again
Re: Ado Ekiti Is Underrated by marsman: 10:11am On Dec 15, 2020
AustineJohn908:
But still Uyo will come first 6 in the most developed Cities in Nigeria. even Ado Ekiti won't near that. You should stop comparing Uyo with your mushroom cities because Uyo is far far better..
Only Abuja and two or four others are probably better than Uyo.
I saw how you also randown Uyo in the other thread you created about but I ( we Akwa Ibomites) Refuse to engage you, we refuse to do that. I dare you, Create a thread and post pictures and Akwa Ibomites will also post Uyo pictures. Pictures of Ado Ekiti, Oyo, Ogun or Kwara and lets post Ibom own let see which is better.
Bro your Cities that are not Lagos and Uyo don't need competition cause Akwa ibom is far better by far. Go dey do all those competitions with the Igbos ok.
don't come and show us your brown roofs..Mtcheeeew
I dare you Bro, Create a Thread between Uto and Ado Ekiti.
or Uyo and any City in the west apart from Lagos
Uyo vs Kwara
Uyo vs any one at all then you will see how your foolishness will be in full glare
Why not Lagos... Is it not a state like lagos? If you can't compete with lagos then forget it.
Re: Ado Ekiti Is Underrated by Gabriel004: 10:11am On Dec 15, 2020
Vanzcharles:

Oga make I snap mushin Abi ajegunle? Hear na ghetto na wey even get good road network.
Those ones are not ghettos, they are where Enugu people live in.
Re: Ado Ekiti Is Underrated by marsman: 10:12am On Dec 15, 2020
Vanzcharles:

I no grab una again
Birmingham for south east. You probably stay in those areas you mentioned in Lagos undecided
Re: Ado Ekiti Is Underrated by Gabriel004: 10:12am On Dec 15, 2020
Obalatule:
The slum of Enugu is like the GRA of Ibadan and all SW states
Yea, this is the GRA grin hahahahaha

Re: Ado Ekiti Is Underrated by Openbusiness: 10:13am On Dec 15, 2020
Memberclub:

But the country is a desert though. 90% of goods are imported from SA.

So stfu before you talk trash. Mumugerian
Nawa oh, different pipu wit different problem. What has desert got to do with anything? Is UAE not desert countries too? Which "desert country" like Namibia or UAE can Nigeria measure up too in any aspects? Mtchwwwww! I can sell my Nigerian citizenship to you if u want it grin
[img]https://media1./images/2ef5d24fba2e321702fd3742622ff685/tenor.gif?itemid=11359182[/img]
Re: Ado Ekiti Is Underrated by Vanzcharles(m): 10:14am On Dec 15, 2020
Gabriel004:
Those ones are not ghettos, they are where Enugu people live in.
So the places I mentioned people dont live there right? Guy if you don't know the definition of ghetto leave my mentions.
Re: Ado Ekiti Is Underrated by Vanzcharles(m): 10:17am On Dec 15, 2020
marsman:

Birmingham for south east. You probably stay in those areas you mentioned in Lagos undecided

Before nko.. Ajegunle where I go school. Ho Wilmer side enter Tolu. Oga places where black pigs dey littered nko.
You guys here are doing foolish comparisons.
All states have slums.
Re: Ado Ekiti Is Underrated by seanwilliam(m): 10:18am On Dec 15, 2020
Openbusiness:
Power supply? You're 100% right.................,,, This life ehn, who go make am go make am, location or no location, Lagos or no Lagos. Na make God just bless the works of our hands
amen.. I’ve lived in osun for 2years. I lived in ila orangun, oshogbo, ife and Ilesha .. outta the four places, ilesha is the best cos u will feel a tiny touch of ‘social’ in there.. I went to husle in those places that year , I was a typist..
make God bless us na him remain grin

1 Like

Re: Ado Ekiti Is Underrated by fuck419: 10:21am On Dec 15, 2020
Ado-Ekiti is a developed village. Even the Governor knows this to be true.
Re: Ado Ekiti Is Underrated by AustineJohn908(m): 10:22am On Dec 15, 2020
marsman:

Why not Lagos... Is it not a state like lagos? If you can't compete with lagos then forget it.
Why Lagos?,
Lagos has been capital of Nigeria for years. the British invested in it also and now it makes money Uyo can only dream off and besides Uyo is just a few years old...Lagos has been for a 100 years but Uyo is just 35 I think.
And why should we compete with over crowded Lagos? Lagos is only better than Uyo because of it economic opportunities ntin else.
Who Lagos help? Lagos is a city no one should be proud to raise children in.

2 Likes

Re: Ado Ekiti Is Underrated by kayjay69(m): 10:24am On Dec 15, 2020
Those roads look like the type Rochas built in Owerri, the type that acid rain can come and wash away.
Re: Ado Ekiti Is Underrated by TemmyT002(m): 10:25am On Dec 15, 2020
Lol
We dey here.
It is not underrated. Everybody knows. People wish to leave.
If you have money and prefer quiet and loneliness, you will like it here.
However, we will not tolerate any abuse or jokes about Ekiti
Re: Ado Ekiti Is Underrated by tripoli007(m): 10:29am On Dec 15, 2020
figoperch:

I bought mtn line in january because i couldn't get 4g on airtel, etisalat n glo.

Aircel 4g just came up around sept.

Na students dey drive the economy of Ado.

I was a UNADite 20yrs ago. It's still like that today.

Of the greatest Unadite, you are my senior .. I left ado 2015 but still have some friends and family there .. visit from time to time

1 Like

Re: Ado Ekiti Is Underrated by marsman: 10:31am On Dec 15, 2020
AustineJohn908:
Why Lagos?,
Lagos has been capital of Nigeria for years. the British invested in it also and now it makes money Uyo can only dream off and besides Uyo is just a few years old...Lagos has been for a 100 years but Uyo is just 35 I think.
And why should we compete with over crowded Lagos? Lagos is only better than Uyo because of it economic opportunities ntin else.
Who Lagos help? Lagos is a city no one should be proud to raise children in.

You want to compare uyo to the brown roof states in the south west, but you are running away from Lagos, if you can't compare your City in the south South to a city we have given you in the west, why the rants. Most of the best schools in Nigeria are located in Lagos if you must know, even your village standard Uni of Uyo, cannot stand toe to toe with Unilag talk less of OAU. If i show you how some public school looks in Osun, you will definitely be surprised.

You cannot talk of the west without mentioning lagos, if you can't compare to Lagos then forget all this wishful boasting.
Re: Ado Ekiti Is Underrated by DimIsaac10(m): 10:35am On Dec 15, 2020
AustineJohn908:
But still Uyo will come first 6 in the most developed Cities in Nigeria. even Ado Ekiti won't near that. You should stop comparing Uyo with your mushroom cities because Uyo is far far better..
Only Abuja and two or four others are probably better than Uyo.
I saw how you also randown Uyo in the other thread you created about but I ( we Akwa Ibomites) Refuse to engage you, we refuse to do that. I dare you, Create a thread and post pictures and Akwa Ibomites will also post Uyo pictures. Pictures of Ado Ekiti, Oyo, Ogun or Kwara and lets post Ibom own let see which is better.
Bro your Cities that are not Lagos and Uyo don't need competition cause Akwa ibom is far better by far. Go dey do all those competitions with the Igbos ok.
don't come and show us your brown roofs..Mtcheeeew
I dare you Bro, Create a Thread between Uto and Ado Ekiti.
or Uyo and any City in the west apart from Lagos
Uyo vs Kwara
Uyo vs any one at all then you will see how your foolishness will be in full glare
You sef funny oo. You are comparing Uyo to Ado with no Airport, no central hospital....
A state where the govo lives in Akure the neighboring state capital on low key.... lolz.
Re: Ado Ekiti Is Underrated by adeboy2007(m): 10:35am On Dec 15, 2020
Stop this hyping. You focused your claim on a particular area. I was born and brought up in Ado Ekiti, an Ado prince too. We should speak the truth, Ado is underdeveloped as a seat of power despite all the audio projects awarded, so, don't overrate the town.
Move around the town and see things, not just Fajuyi, New Iyin Road. Go to Olorunda, 132kva axis, etc
Cashsteady:

No ekiti is more than that this are just the few pictures I can get.. ado ekiti is actually beautiful
Re: Ado Ekiti Is Underrated by AustineJohn908(m): 10:38am On Dec 15, 2020
marsman:

You want to compare uyo to the brown roof states in the south west, but you are running away from Lagos, if you can't compare your City in the south South to a city we have given you in the west, why the rants. Most of the best schools in Nigeria are located in Lagos if you must know, even your village standard Uni of Uyo, cannot stand toe to toe with Unilag talk less of OAU. If i show you how some public school looks in pain, you will definitely be surprised.

You cannot talk in the west without mentioning lagos, if you can't compare to Lagos then forget all this wishful boasting.
Why should Uniuyo of yesterday stand toe to toe with Unilag and beside Akwa ibom is almost two times of Lagos.
I want to compare Uyo with your rest city that are not more than 5/10 years senior of Akwa ibom.
And besides Lagos was built by all Nigerians, we all own a stake in Lagos after all it is same Niger delta oil that built third mainland bridge, the airports ,the seaports etc that currently brings Lagos money so you guys should be grateful to us. just because Lagos doesn't need Niger delta money again doesn't mean we didn't spoon-feed it before...no wonder they had the collude with the federal government to stop us from joining BIAFRA. Mtcheeew

1 Like

Re: Ado Ekiti Is Underrated by DimIsaac10(m): 10:40am On Dec 15, 2020
AustineJohn908:
Ok, according to you but I'm sure 90% of the people that have been to both cities will not agree with you.
How can you say the roughest part of Ekiti is paradise to Uyo. haba bro, this is the first nonsense have ever heard Man.
Yes Uyo just started developing 2005 I think but that doesn't mean it isn't far better than the eyesore Ekiti you just posted, if I post Uyo pictures now ba, even people go dey ask if this is part of Nigeria. Please don't ever do that again I'm befgin goy

Atleast in Akwa Ibom we have popular settlements like Ikot Abasi, Eket, Oron, Abak, Ikot Ekpene lol... Let's here that of Ekiti...

You will always hear we are going to town... The town is the village called Ado... Their best hospital is in Iyin Ekiti more like a boys quarters settings...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

12 Things Every Nigerian That Came Back With A Foreign Accent Will Get / 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? / Peace Mass Bus & Truck Collide In Fatal Accident In Imo (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.