Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,396 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

How Buhari Skewed PTF Projects In Favor Of His Northern Zone- By Yoruba Body - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Buhari Skewed PTF Projects In Favor Of His Northern Zone- By Yoruba Body (9561 Views)

Buhari : Is This Warning By Yoruba Elders Coming To Pass ? / GEJ Wasn't Cursed But Blessed By Yoruba Obas (Photo) / S’south Got Lion’s Share Of PTF Projects Under Buhari - Figures Don't Lie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Buhari Skewed PTF Projects In Favor Of His Northern Zone- By Yoruba Body by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 26, 2011
, and how has that improved the north as compared to the south? seriously. cool
Re: How Buhari Skewed PTF Projects In Favor Of His Northern Zone- By Yoruba Body by yomifoster: 8:23pm On Mar 26, 2011
Buhari has never hidden his identity as a religious fanatic and bigot. And he has not changed. Pastor Tunde Bakare is out to get the shock of his life. In all honesty, those who want Buhari are just doing so for selfish interests. Calling him a mister no corruption is a misguided statement. The kind of tolerance that GEJ has given others with a few months in office can never be available if Buhari is president. Wake up and smell the coffee and vote out the talibans.
Re: How Buhari Skewed PTF Projects In Favor Of His Northern Zone- By Yoruba Body by EOS(m): 8:53pm On Mar 26, 2011
Onlytruth, you are just making noise. What we are clamoring for is credible election. Even Umoru Dikko is eligible to contest once INEC clear him. It is left for you as a single entity not to vote for Buhari, since you have discovered he is sectional and corrupt. But, you should know that only those with myopic reasoning can easily be deceive by your comments on Buhari.
Re: How Buhari Skewed PTF Projects In Favor Of His Northern Zone- By Yoruba Body by EOS(m): 9:25pm On Mar 26, 2011
Beaf, what we are praying for is credible election. Vote for your choice and stop deceiving people. It is only those who are intellectually dwarf that will take your comment important.
Re: How Buhari Skewed PTF Projects In Favor Of His Northern Zone- By Yoruba Body by Mallam20: 9:44pm On Mar 26, 2011
@ reckless, really you are reckless in your comment. Freedom of speech does not mean stupid of speech. If you do not know your brother GEJ has done more to your zone more than all the Nigerian rulership combine. Right now the best Nigerian professor back here in the US is going to the Niger Delta to serve in the university to be establish by your brother. Refinery is to be establish by Chinese which I know much about than you in Nigeria. Have you gone to Onne oil and gas free zone? There are so many which no Nigerian ruler has done for you in the past.
Re: How Buhari Skewed PTF Projects In Favor Of His Northern Zone- By Yoruba Body by JimmyBoy1: 10:19pm On Mar 26, 2011
Why are we pretending that GEJ just came to power?He has always been part of the government.He has attended almost all FEC meetings in the last four years.Then suddenly, they are packaging as someone who has all the answers. Himself and Late president Yar'adua declared State of Emergency on Power sector . Yet my 21months old son already knows when to shout " Up Yenpa". C'mon we are not that naïve, PDP has repeated a class on 3 occassions and we are kicking them out, next month
Re: How Buhari Skewed PTF Projects In Favor Of His Northern Zone- By Yoruba Body by chei: 10:35pm On Mar 26, 2011
Not surprised.
Re: How Buhari Skewed PTF Projects In Favor Of His Northern Zone- By Yoruba Body by efisher(m): 1:20am On Mar 27, 2011
There is no hope in the past, hope is in the future. We should look ahead and not behind. Don't be deceived.
Re: How Buhari Skewed PTF Projects In Favor Of His Northern Zone- By Yoruba Body by rhymz(m): 3:13am On Mar 27, 2011
Buhari is the most Bigoted Leader that Nigeria has ever had, so intolerant and has a warped sense of justice and fairness. Only a political novice will vote him in. His reign in the ptf was low point for Nigeria, this guy did little or nothing in the SE or SS sub regions likewise the SW. I laugh when his supporter talk about his supposedly moral rectitude, the man is not corrupt yet he willingly served under Abacha as PTF chairman and not for one day take a morally upright stand to resign inspite of Abacha's despotic regime. Upright man my budding a$s.
Re: How Buhari Skewed PTF Projects In Favor Of His Northern Zone- By Yoruba Body by aribisala0(m): 10:01am On Mar 27, 2011
unfortunately reputation can be different from reality,in my view no one was more of an ethnic jingoist than IBB .the difference is that he is clever( i did not say INTELLIGENT) and realised that he needed other nigerians. but in terms of those that he really trusted and rewarded the most they were all abokis, all his chiefs of army staff,minister of defence and intelligence chiefs.head of custom? you guessed right.not once but throughout those are the most important jobs in military government. he always dreamed of becoming a civillian president and being a naturally friendly guy maintained friendships with all ethnicities plus his wife was southern. do not forget that he took nigeria into the OIC; islamic conference. more recently he has shown his true colours in the zoning controversy
yar adua more recently was pretty much the same. i do not believe any one can be worse than yar adua check his record.
so i will not disqualify buhari on those grounds. i just don't think he has any ideas to transform nigeria but then i don't believe jonathan has either. he has just taken possession of a  $60 million jet.so where does that leave us let us vote for jonathan because he is an ijaw man and it is their turn but let us be honest about it.too, will a man buy a jet and not enjoy it?that is injustice
Re: How Buhari Skewed PTF Projects In Favor Of His Northern Zone- By Yoruba Body by JimmyBoy1: 12:44pm On Mar 27, 2011
If it was that PDP has delivered their promises since 1999, then they won't even need to campaign at all, we will simply return them as we are returning Fashola in Lagos. But after too wasteful tenures of obasanjo, Yar'adua and this same Jonathan came with 7 points agenda and also declared State of Emergency on Power sector.They did not deliver on a single agenda. An author once defined madness as doing the same thing the same way and expecting to get different result.

I refuse to be MAD, I am for BB.
Re: How Buhari Skewed PTF Projects In Favor Of His Northern Zone- By Yoruba Body by jerryben12: 1:20pm On Mar 27, 2011
Nigerians!!! What happened to the Urban Mass Transit Programme under Buhari's oversight? I am not a politician and I am very neutral to this. I do not know GEJ too well either. Did Buhari do a good job with the Urban Mass Transit Programme when he flooded the highways in Nigeria with Civilian buses Where are all these buses?
Re: How Buhari Skewed PTF Projects In Favor Of His Northern Zone- By Yoruba Body by stuffs4me(m): 3:45pm On Mar 27, 2011
I am from the north but from kogi state, I would like to ask general Buhari why he left out Kogi state during his days as chairman of PTF. This man Buhari only recognizes his hausa/Fulani tribe, so even if you are from the north he still can’t get it into his brain that your are a Nigerian and deserves equal treatment once you are not hausa/fulani
Re: How Buhari Skewed PTF Projects In Favor Of His Northern Zone- By Yoruba Body by malabite: 4:21pm On Mar 27, 2011
true talk
Re: How Buhari Skewed PTF Projects In Favor Of His Northern Zone- By Yoruba Body by JimmyBoy1: 4:39pm On Mar 27, 2011
Those who are saying that Ptdf projects were skewed to the north are yet to provide us with data of various projects under taken by the agency, showing clearly values of the contract and the states that benfited.Until they do this, the allegation remains baseless. You can not stay in your home town and claim to know all projects executed by ptdf and the benefiting states.

And for my friend that claims he doesn't know Jonathan, you already know PDP, they are snail and shell.Na same, same. This is about our last chance to fix the country.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Skewed PTF Projects In Favor Of His Northern Zone- By Yoruba Body by ajiifixing(m): 7:01pm On Mar 27, 2011
@Beaf,
Can you please do us all a favor?. Kindly list all projects(whether located in the North,South or wherever) executed by PTF/Buhari side by side against the Ones executed by GEJ in the last one year.
We will divide Buhari's own by the number of years spent with PTF while we divide GEJ's own by the number of months spent as President.
This will give us a clear view.

Mind you,only projects and not sentiments or dem say.
Re: How Buhari Skewed PTF Projects In Favor Of His Northern Zone- By Yoruba Body by reindeer: 10:01pm On Mar 27, 2011
Sai Buhari!

No one else gets our votes.
Re: How Buhari Skewed PTF Projects In Favor Of His Northern Zone- By Yoruba Body by ouchexy: 10:41pm On Mar 27, 2011
i must say that i took my time to read through this thread and i must contribute my quota. (1) jonathan and the pdp have failed woefully in the last twelve. despite the large amount of money accrued to the FG btw 1999 and 2007, no single infrastructural development took place, instead. when jonathan came to power, he depleted our excess crude oil account without commensurate infrastructural development. jonathan seems to be clueless and certainly appears to me like a comtemporary nigerian politician who can dine with the devil to win votes. he has no principles and he is certainly not the change we desire. (2) i have studied buhari for quite some time. i have read about him and listened to him. buhari, like most core northerners (including ibb, yaradua,shekarau) is a religious and ethnic chauvinist. when late yaradua was in power, most of those heading juicy positions in govt were northerners. i have lived in the north for many years (i am a northerner too) and it is difficult to see a core northerner who is not a bigot, due to the nature of their culture and because ethnicity is deep rooted in nigeria. i assure you even ribadu would favour the north if he becomes president. (3) it is difficult to impose religion on the whole nigeria. it is also hard as a president in present nigeria to be unduely ethnically biased due to diversity, democracy, constitional restraints, federal character and press freedom which is better now than during the 80s. it may be possible to violate these conditions, it has a limit. (4) placing pdp/jonathan's achievement in the past 12 yrs side by side to buhari's achievements in govt and ptf, methinks buhari has done very, very well comparatively. amongst the candidates we have, he is the best by a wide gap. may i say that Jonathan is probably the 3rd or 4th best. buhari's feat in fighting corruption and his success in infrastructural development within a short time is far outweighs that of pdp who have nothing to show for 12 years of oil boom. may i add that it is better for us to have somebody who is motivated by religion to perform than to have somebody whose only motivation is greed for wealth and self-centredness (5) unfortunatately, i dont see buhari winning the election. sorry to say, his impending electoral loss will make it a hat trick. Jonathan will still remain the president come may 29, 2011. who knows? after winning the election, he may settle down for real work of national devt and his true colour will show. he may appear diplomatic now so as to win elections. Jonathan may be a tough nut to crack by corrupt politicians after the elections.
Re: How Buhari Skewed PTF Projects In Favor Of His Northern Zone- By Yoruba Body by Cotton(m): 11:35pm On Mar 27, 2011
b
Re: How Buhari Skewed PTF Projects In Favor Of His Northern Zone- By Yoruba Body by Guyman02: 1:22pm On Mar 28, 2011
malabite:

I am from the East, I would rather vote a man who spends Nigeria's wealth building roads in the North, providing constant electricity in the North and developing the North in every way he can, than vote GEJ who spends Nigeria's wealth and billions of naira on 50th independence party cake, jamboree, first lady entourage and godfather entertainment.

If Buhari develops the north, it is still Nigeria he is developing not USA, not Britain, not China, not Dubai, it is Nigeria, and somehow, the wealth will flow down south. People should avoid this south, west,east, north bigotry. We need someone to provide 6 months of uninterrupted electricity in two or three states, regardless of the geographical location of the states.

Are you truly from the SE? Due to the non location of road and other projects by PTDF to the SE which got the least allocation, it virtually led to mass migration to the North by the Easterners where several of them were mowed down in religious and tribal riots.
I respect Buhari, but without sentiments the PTDF was especially biased to the SE morethan the SW.
I remember the plan to build a mega coal fired power plant in Enugu which was abandoned after the feasibility studies was conducted by Japanese engineers because the Northern leaders were skeptical of siting a costly project there and would rather prefer the country remains in darkness.
After several years of denial, GEJ has just awarded the coal power plant projects for Enugu, Benue, kogi and Gombe at least GEJ cannot be accused of being an ethnic bigot. His projects are well spread out, the only issue is the completion schedules which are not being strictly followed
Re: How Buhari Skewed PTF Projects In Favor Of His Northern Zone- By Yoruba Body by sleekymag(m): 4:06pm On Mar 28, 2011
for those who think the PTF built those structures in their universities, maybe they need to go and check again. Most of those buildings and structures where built by ETF AND NOT PTF. ETF-Education Trust Fund. Its easy to confuse one for the other. I remember some structures built in my university way back, So in as much as giving PTF some credit is ok, don't steal the glory of ETF and give to Buhari,

Also PTF and PTDF are not the same thing. PTF - Petroleum Trust Fund, PTDF - Petroleum Technology Development Fund.
Re: How Buhari Skewed PTF Projects In Favor Of His Northern Zone- By Yoruba Body by Azedplus(m): 6:22pm On Mar 28, 2011
@sleekmag you do have a point.i stil maintain that the ptf executed many projects in SW sch.atleast am so sure of ALUTA BUSES IN FED.POLY EDE 98/99.I will try to confirm laspotech isolo campus if its ptf,etf or pedf but i do see something of such as at last year though its faint.
Re: How Buhari Skewed PTF Projects In Favor Of His Northern Zone- By Yoruba Body by EzeUche(m): 6:24pm On Mar 28, 2011
The SW should not look to Buhari to solve their problems. He actually hurt the region more than in any other region. And this project represents it.
Re: How Buhari Skewed PTF Projects In Favor Of His Northern Zone- By Yoruba Body by rasputinn(m): 6:31pm On Mar 28, 2011
@ onlythruth

May God bless you richly for being very truthful and doing your best to enlighten so many nairalanders,some of who obviously have no sense or record of Nigeria's history
Re: How Buhari Skewed PTF Projects In Favor Of His Northern Zone- By Yoruba Body by jason123: 6:37pm On Mar 28, 2011
It means you do not understand why they are voting for Buhari!!!

Yorubas were the main supporters of GEJ when the Northern cabal ganged up against him. The igbos on NL were talking about Zoning and all. Even Ojukwu gave his support to IBB. Yorubas stood behind GEJ through out.
The reason why yorubas stopped supporting him has nothing to do with ethnic affiliation rather it is the tribalism game, lack of compassion, lack of vision and butt licking.

When he came to the SW to campaign, he praised yorubas as the most educated and sophisticated et al but that does not mean yorubas want praises, what they want is development and ZERO tolerance to corruption. Take a look at the people that accompanied him in the SW, AKALA, OGD, Bode etc these are the people that have milked us dry so why should they now support him? Because he is a southerner? NO. Forget the praises, praises cannot feed a hungry child, it cannot help a robbed victim, it cannot help the commuter or anyone. Its all a contrivance. Why do you think they (yorubas) dislike OBJ??
My brother, with the little time I have spent with the yorubas, I can tell you that their politics is not based on how much you say but what you can do! It has nothing to do with ethnicity. Remember, the SW has the highest amount of people that are not from that region, that alone speaks volumes about how they think.
GEJ systematically moved from a humble and caring man to a desperate, clueless and power hungry man. Take a look at what happened in JOS. What about the AKALAs? should they not be prosecuted?? The guy has 100% tolerance for corruption , in fact, he is corruption himself! Take a look at the PDP primaries and the envelopes under the seats of delegates (5000 dollars   shocked sad) .

Although most of you consider ACN as a tribal party, some if not most yorubas will not vote for Ribadu, they prefer Buhari! Why? It is the genuine desire to stamp out corruption regardless of the ethnic affiliation. That is the truth!!!!

We have to stamp out corruption and tribalism before we can move forward as a nation. GEJ will be voted for based on tribalism. GEJ brought Ciroma's wife, Alams and all because he is corrupt! Forget the sentiments like "God chose him". How can God choose a man who is this corrupt? How can God choose a man that welcomed Bode George out of prison? How can God choose a man that brought Alams ( a man who dressed as a woman just to escape UK) to his team HOW  MY BROTHERS? HOW?

A good, corrupt free Nigeria will be good for us all. Forget the North and South dichotomy. This is the time for change not FEE DEE FEEE!!
EzeUche:

The SW should not look to Buhari to solve their problems. He actually hurt the region more than in any other region. And this project represents it.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Skewed PTF Projects In Favor Of His Northern Zone- By Yoruba Body by AljUche: 6:49pm On Mar 28, 2011
jason123:

It means you do not understand why they are voting for Buhari!!!

Yorubas were the main supporters of GEJ when the Northern cabal ganged up against him. The igbos on NL were talking about Zoning and all. Even Ojukwu gave his support to IBB. Yorubas stood behind GEJ through out.
The reason why yorubas stopped supporting him has nothing to do with ethnic affiliation rather it is the tribalism game, lack of compassion, lack of vision and butt licking.

When he came to the SW to campaign, he praised yorubas as the most educated and sophisticated et al but that does not mean yorubas want praises, what they want is development and ZERO tolerance to corruption. Take a look at the people that accompanied him in the SW, AKALA, OGD, Bode etc these are the people that have milked us dry so why should they now support him? Because he is a southerner? NO. Forget the praises, praises cannot feed a hungry child, it cannot help a robbed victim, it cannot help the commuter or anyone. Its all a contrivance. Why do you think they (yorubas) dislike OBJ??
My brother, with the little time I have spent with the yorubas, I can tell you that their politics is not based on how much you say but what you can do! It has nothing to do with ethnicity. Remember, the SW has the highest amount of people that are not from that region, that alone speaks volumes about how they think.
GEJ systematically moved from a humble and caring man to a desperate, clueless and power hungry man. Take a look at what happened in JOS. What about the AKALAs? should they not be prosecuted?? The guy has 100% tolerance for corruption , in fact, he is corruption himself! Take a look at the PDP primaries and the envelopes under the seats of delegates (5000 dollars   shocked sad) .

Although most of you consider ACN as a tribal party, some if not most yorubas will not vote for Ribadu, they prefer Buhari! Why? It is the genuine desire to stamp out corruption regardless of the ethnic affiliation. That is the truth!!!!

We have to stamp out corruption and tribalism before we can move forward as a nation. GEJ will be voted for based on tribalism. GEJ brought Ciroma's wife, Alams and all because he is corrupt! Forget the sentiments like "God chose him". How can God choose a man who is this corrupt? How can God choose a man that welcomed Bode George out of prison? How can God choose a man that brought Alams ( a man who dressed as a woman just to escape UK) to his team HOW  MY BROTHERS? HOW?

A good, corrupt free Nigeria will be good for us all. Forget the North and South dichotomy. This is the time for change not FEE DEE FEEE!!

hmmm

words brother

words cool
Re: How Buhari Skewed PTF Projects In Favor Of His Northern Zone- By Yoruba Body by naso2(m): 6:51pm On Mar 28, 2011
Azedplus:

@sleekmag you do have a point.i stil maintain that the ptf executed many projects in SW sch.atleast am so sure of ALUTA BUSES IN FED.POLY EDE 98/99.I will try to confirm laspotech isolo campus if its ptf,etf or pedf but i do see something of such as at last year though its faint.

Ol boy dis ya story of 5 PTF buses to FEDEPE is a lie. I  was teaching at federal poly offa then and PTF only gave one bus and built a mini female hostel. Mind you OFFA is north central. This you story na lie. i can bet that.
Re: How Buhari Skewed PTF Projects In Favor Of His Northern Zone- By Yoruba Body by Nobody: 7:43pm On Mar 28, 2011
He never skewed projects he was only around for 1.5years how can you reach any meaningful conclusion?
Re: How Buhari Skewed PTF Projects In Favor Of His Northern Zone- By Yoruba Body by 9ijaMan: 8:26pm On Mar 28, 2011
na_so:

Ol boy dis ya story of 5 PTF buses to FEDEPE is a lie. I  was teaching at federal poly offa then and PTF only gave one bus and built a mini female hostel. Mind you OFFA is north central. This you story na lie. i can bet that.

Sorry pal, your lies are just to easy to discern. How many buses has the PDP government provided for Offa ploy in 12 years. By the way I graduated from OAU Ife and PTF touched the institution which is situated in the SouthWestern part of Nigeria in the following ways:

PTF built the two Oduduwa Lecture theaters (ODLT-1 and ODLT-2). There may be others, but I know about these two 'cos I had several lectures in both LTs in my final days in Ife.
PTF supplied books to the school Library
PTF renovated the OUA Teaching Hospital (OAUTHC). I can bet that you'll still find PTFs insignias at the teaching hospital today.
PTF provided the same teaching hospitals with cheap drugs manufactured in Nigeria by mostly South-West based pharmaceutical companies. The pharmaceutical industry boomed during the PTF era as Buhari only imported those drugs that were not being manufactured within the shores of our country.
PTF provided two 14-14 buses for the school
There may be others which I can no longer recollect. All these were just in one institution. The same thing was done across all federal universities in the country.

For all those who claim PTF's infrastructural development initiatives were lopsided, can they please show us the lopsided projects, if any, which PDP has executed in 12 years of misrule?
Re: How Buhari Skewed PTF Projects In Favor Of His Northern Zone- By Yoruba Body by rhymz(m): 9:53am On Mar 29, 2011
9jiman
Your arguement is very petty and preposterous, it reminds me of one mediocrity pointing accusing fingers at another mediocrity and screaming you are more mediocre. The issue is not whether he executed projects through the PTF, the main bone of contention is was the siting of these projects lopsided and very unfair to other regional sections of the country? Why should you take resources from peter in the name of sharing it equally to everyone only for most of my resources to end up with John because john happens to be your brother.
I find it appalling that Buhari's supporter's are so in tune to conveniently forget some fundamental character flaws by the man they so vehemently support.
Re: How Buhari Skewed PTF Projects In Favor Of His Northern Zone- By Yoruba Body by Nobody: 10:09am On Mar 29, 2011
^^ My friend it appears to me that u dislike our countries only proven anti -corruption Head of State

Hmm? I wonder whether u should consider ur own character flaws.
Re: How Buhari Skewed PTF Projects In Favor Of His Northern Zone- By Yoruba Body by somze(f): 10:27am On Mar 29, 2011
9ijaMan:

Sorry pal, your lies are just to easy to discern. How many buses has the PDP government provided for Offa ploy in 12 years. By the way I graduated from OAU Ife and PTF touched the institution which is situated in the SouthWestern part of Nigeria in the following ways:

PTF built the two Oduduwa Lecture theaters (ODLT-1 and ODLT-2). There may be others, but I know about these two 'cos I had several lectures in both LTs in my final days in Ife.
PTF supplied books to the school Library
PTF renovated the OUA Teaching Hospital (OAUTHC). I can bet that you'll still find PTFs insignias at the teaching hospital today.
PTF provided the same teaching hospitals with cheap drugs manufactured in Nigeria by mostly South-West based pharmaceutical companies. The pharmaceutical industry boomed during the PTF era as Buhari only imported those drugs that were not being manufactured within the shores of our country.
PTF provided two 14-14 buses for the school
There may be others which I can no longer recollect. All these were just in one institution. The same thing was done across all federal universities in the country.

For all those who claim PTF's infrastructural development initiatives were lopsided, can they please show us the lopsided projects, if any, which PDP has executed in 12 years of misrule?

One of the problems with your comment is we have no supporting facts to verify it. However, I can take them because it seems to be a first hand account. Also I think you miss the point here because the allegation wasn't that no projects were carried out in the South through out Buhari's 5 year reign but that it was heavily lopsided to the North.

Nevertheless, the only way to put this beyond reasonable doubt is if we actually see the details of all the projects carried out by PTF. That however is unavailable to the public until the FOI bill is signed and implemented.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

House Summons Fashola Over Comments On Budget / Sanwo-Olu Wins 2020 Zik Prize for Good Governance (Photos) / Sowore's NIN and PVC reactivated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.