Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,387 members, 7,822,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

CPC's Campaign In Lagos Would Be The Game Changer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CPC's Campaign In Lagos Would Be The Game Changer (2277 Views)

Without The Igbos Contribution, Lagos Would Been Backward As Other Yoruba States / Audio Recording Of Oba Of Lagos Threatening Igbos In Lagos Would Die If They Don / Photos From Jonathan's Campaign In Owerri Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

CPC's Campaign In Lagos Would Be The Game Changer by KnowAll(m): 8:10pm On Mar 27, 2011
Reading through the number of southerners who have thrown their hat and weight behind hurricane " BB" it would appear that the icing of the cake and any break through for the Buhari trojan horse into the southern part of Nigeria, hinges on a successful and overwhelming  campaign in Lagos. Lagos must pull the largest crowd for CPC south of the River Niger and Benue, if CPC fail in its bid to pull out Lagosians en-mass into her fold,  then it suffices it to show that another desperate but sincere bid by Mohammdu Buhari to be the new occupant of " Aso Rock" come April 2011 would have come to an abrupt and sad end,  a finality unfortunately would have to be drawn on this tireless soldier's quest to improve the lot of the poor and downtrodden. No matter the result I shall salute his ferocity and gallantry in taken on the state. He is a true soldier.

I would like to believe Buhari's effort this time around, the campaign, the crowds that came out in their thousands,  either he wins or lose should usher in a new kind of politics, politics of issues, politics of intellectual discuss as we saw in NN24, Politics of taking stock by the ruling PDP, they would know Nigerians are angry, angry citizens in any nation is a quick road to perdition, that nation has started dancing a macabre dance of death. We have seen it in all its glory and ramification in North Africa.

I would want to believe that henceforth a new politics  where all candidates would be singing from the same  sheet has come to stay. I  would also want to believe it would NOT be business as usual even if the dreaded PDP were to come back to power, because with GEJ, being a Young man, I would want to believe a new leaf would be turned whereby most of the policy statement prof erred by the CPC, the ACN and the ANPP would be harnessed into a new PDP policy statement, one should not lose sight of the fact that Mr Goodluck would have gotten his own legitimate mandate and does not have to kiss frogs anymore(the Ciromas or IBB's of this world) in other to formulate and implement policy that would make the polity more transparent and progressive. I want to believe whoever wins come April 2011 it would be a win-win for the Nigerian people because we would be having 3 new men Buhari, Ribadu and a mandated Jonathan.

I am a BB fan, and both Messers Buhari and his erudite VP ought to know without significant foray into the huge population centres in the south the election is un-winnable and it would be wrong and deplorable for semi-illetrates and stark illetrates Almajeris going amok in the North over a loss that is clear as day light since it would be obvious then that their principle has failed to show any complimentary strenght in the south. The North alone cannot give the CPC the elections this is the stern fact no matter how unpalatable.  The duo Buhari/Bakare,   especially Buhari should rain in on his constituents, he should educate them on the intricacies of the elections, they would need an above average performance in both the Northern states and southern states.

Those aggressive and incitefull Rhetorics needs to be toned down, they should concentrate all that energy and vitality on  how they can get votes in Lagos, Ibadan and Ondo State these states should be their strategic onslaught in the SW. Ondo State being a "no man's land" when it comes to the Presidency, that state is open for all. Lagos being the state with the largest internet users, the winning formula employed on the internet can be replicated on ground and I believe it can be done.

I sincerely await the CPC 's Lagos invasion that would be a determinant factor. CPC has already being to Ibadan and even the present Governor Alao Akala admitted in a recent interview that there are only two Presidential Candidates in the state Jonathan and Buhari , the in-roads CPC has made into this state needs to be strengthened,  fingers cross,  they just might nick it in a free and fair election.

So I wish CPC the best of luck in Lagos and those 3 aformentioned states.
Re: CPC's Campaign In Lagos Would Be The Game Changer by Wadeoye(m): 8:47pm On Mar 27, 2011
BB is coming to Lagos and Nigerians will be surprised at the crowd that will attend the rally. Now we are begining to see more and more posters and supporters of BB in Lagos - even at corners of the state where you didn't expect to see it. Support is spreading - in Oyo state, I can assure you that Buhari will win - for a reason I will not like to say here but that is the truth. We will replicate this in Osun and Ondo. Ekiti is already bracing for change.

Now, all the Hausas communities in Lagos are being mobilised - they have close to 2 million votes in Lagos alone and all these are for Buhari. If you add this to the growing popularity of BB among the middle class people in Lagos, you will begin to see the true picture of the coming election.

Buhari was in Ibadan and everybody could see the support base. When the state by state campaign starts, I tell you ACN will be shocked.
Re: CPC's Campaign In Lagos Would Be The Game Changer by KnowAll(m): 9:06pm On Mar 27, 2011
Now, all the Hausas communities in Lagos are being mobilised - they have close to 2 million votes in Lagos alone and all these are for Buhari.

That is a good strategy, with another 2 million votes from the middle classes, that would give Buhari almost 4 million votes. Lagos Igbos are not as blind as those in the East. They would vote ACN for Governorship and probably Buhari for Presidency, I doubt whether they would support JEG. It is just a hype by the PDP Propaganda machinery. And the Majority of Adeboye's flock and most Pentecostal's in Lagos because of Bakare would be rooting for Buahari too.
Re: CPC's Campaign In Lagos Would Be The Game Changer by egift(m): 9:29pm On Mar 27, 2011
Can we have updates on the date and and any other relevant detail?
Re: CPC's Campaign In Lagos Would Be The Game Changer by Nobody: 9:37pm On Mar 27, 2011
KnowAll:

That is a good strategy, with another 2 million votes from the middle classes, that would give Buhari almost 4 million votes. Lagos Igbos are not as blind as those in the East. They would vote ACN for Governorship and probably Buhari for Presidency, I doubt whether they would support JEG. It is just a hype by the PDP Propaganda machinery. And the Majority of Adeboye's flock and most Pentecostal's in Lagos because of Bakare would be rooting for Buhari too.

Abeg Abeg Abeg! Do not group all easterners with our idiot, 419, criminal, sycophant, shrine swearing, opposition suppressing governors.
Re: CPC's Campaign In Lagos Would Be The Game Changer by Lagosboy: 9:40pm On Mar 27, 2011
I am eargerly waiting fo the BB train to hit Lagos, I have been telling people that Buhari canwin Lagos or at least garner about 30 - 40% of the votes in the state. ACN will truly be shocked at the turn out in Lagos, thanks Wadeoye about reminding us of the hausa votes in LAgos, the middle class and youg people are joining theBB train everyday.

Victory shall be our God willing

Buhari Bakare two honest me that can change Nigeria.
Re: CPC's Campaign In Lagos Would Be The Game Changer by efisher(m): 9:42pm On Mar 27, 2011
CPC will perform reasonably well in Lagos compared to the other SW states. (But do not expect too much)
Re: CPC's Campaign In Lagos Would Be The Game Changer by KnowAll(m): 10:04pm On Mar 27, 2011
Abeg Abeg Abeg! Do not group all easterners with our , 419, criminal, sycophant, shrine swearing, opposition suppressing governors.

[b]It is good to know Igbo's in Lagos are independent in their views and not part of this aghast cliche of lies peddled in the press. JEG needs about 4 million votes in Lagos, and he and his campaign team has already started by orchestrating misinformation by telling the world about the overt superior numbers of igbo's in Lagos. What a lotta tosh.  undecided

This myth that Igbo's anywhere equals to a vote for JEG must be broken. Lets assume this spurious story is even true,  those inflated and extra figures classified as Igbo vote in preparation for massive rigging in Lagos has no umbilical cord with the corrupt, inept and gangsterism regime of messers Jonathan, neither has the hard working Igbo man benefitted from the largess and littany of theft associated with that regime, if anything those extra numbers would be an added advantage to team "BB" and probably Ribadu not GEJ. We must expose this fallacy for all its worth.

Igbo's in Lagos expose this lies when the CPC train arrives in Town.[/b]
Re: CPC's Campaign In Lagos Would Be The Game Changer by Jakumo(m): 10:19pm On Mar 27, 2011
Please stop this group lizard-choking session already.

Terminally ill Ayatollah Buggari Bin Laden's  superglue-affixed curse will last for the rest of his worthless existence.

In grand style, Buggari has LOST five elections for village dog-catcher, but he must not rest until he attains his sixth, simply because the phrase "six time loser" sounds so cool and befitting.

See you in court,  Ayatollah Buggari ha ha ha
Re: CPC's Campaign In Lagos Would Be The Game Changer by xterra2(m): 10:22pm On Mar 27, 2011
But [size=13pt]when[/size] is the CPC rally in Lagos?
Re: CPC's Campaign In Lagos Would Be The Game Changer by TNUBU4LIFE: 10:33pm On Mar 27, 2011
Dream on,dream on!!

Stay in ur siberia and continue to delude urself.Tinubu has captured,sealed and delivered the whole SW to Ribadu!!

The closest will be GEJ not even BB!!

While ACN is not even resting on its oars,just yesterday, NOTABLE STRONG PDP BIGWIGS  IN LAGOS LIKE LANRE RAZAK,WALE AHMED(PDP SPOKESMAN IN LAGOS),DEMOLA SERIKI(YARDUA/JONATHAN'S DEFENCE MINISTER) and others decamped to ACN!! shocked shocked shocked

And you stay in siberia and instead of working all the while to penetrate the south in real practical terms,you are lazily giving 30-40% voters in Lagos to BB!!

You must truly be dreaming.NOTHING FOR BB IN THE WHOLE SOUTH!!

I think you guys will taste a bit of the true state of things in 6 days time!!

Meanwhile,you are permitted to dream on!!

VOTE RIBADU 2011
Re: CPC's Campaign In Lagos Would Be The Game Changer by unlimited2(m): 10:41pm On Mar 27, 2011
I was having a discussion this morning with 2 colleagues, then we jumped into politics. One of the other two unknowing to him that am a core buahri supporter said buahri was the only credible aspirant among the majors and he was going to vote for him. I immidiately told him i was going to vote for him too. He then replied saying he was thinking it was only him that supports buahri, but about 2,3,4 people around that they have been previledged to have that kind of discussion have confirmed their voting for him too.
The other colleague who participated in the inec registration while serving in katsina said he may go back to katsina not only to vote for buhari but for all cpc candidates.
Re: CPC's Campaign In Lagos Would Be The Game Changer by 9ijaMan: 10:55pm On Mar 27, 2011
@OP
This will be a welcome development.
Re: CPC's Campaign In Lagos Would Be The Game Changer by TNUBU4LIFE: 10:56pm On Mar 27, 2011
EHen,say katsina not Lagos or any southern state!!
Re: CPC's Campaign In Lagos Would Be The Game Changer by sbeezy8: 11:05pm On Mar 27, 2011
CPC is not winning lagos but they can be guaranteed atleast 25% of votes
Re: CPC's Campaign In Lagos Would Be The Game Changer by TNUBU4LIFE: 12:02am On Mar 28, 2011
yes,yes ofcourse in your dreams!!!

Yes,u think Lagos is siberia!!

Why dont you just call ur folks in Lagos and ask how truly popular BB is in lagos?

The pdp comes a bit close but ACN just killed and buried them yesterday!!

Imagine what a Lanre Razak can do in epe to ACN/RIBADU in terms of increased votes?

Meanwhile no single,i repeat,no single prominent politician is for BB in Lagos and most people dont even recall his party or personality contesting!!
Re: CPC's Campaign In Lagos Would Be The Game Changer by Pharoh: 12:19am On Mar 28, 2011
I hope ACN will host a simultaneous rally as they did against PDP.
Re: CPC's Campaign In Lagos Would Be The Game Changer by henry101(m): 12:23am On Mar 28, 2011
ACN biggest stronghold is Lagos.
It's going to be between ACN and PDP with CPC having the @least 25% of the votes votes.
Re: CPC's Campaign In Lagos Would Be The Game Changer by juman(m): 12:25am On Mar 28, 2011
Say Jonathan/sambo
Re: CPC's Campaign In Lagos Would Be The Game Changer by TNUBU4LIFE: 12:29am On Mar 28, 2011
guarantedd 25%(1.5 million votes for that matter) in Lagos for a party that is not even known in a sophisticated state like Lagos?

Gosh!!You guys are true dreamers!!
Re: CPC's Campaign In Lagos Would Be The Game Changer by egift(m): 1:12am On Mar 28, 2011
TNUBU4LIFE:

guarantedd 25%(1.5 million votes for that matter) in Lagos for a party that is not even known in a sophisticated state like Lagos?

Gosh!!You guys are true dreamers!!

Its okay to disagree. But to insist Buhari will not raise at-least 25% is a denial of reality - even the Northern population in Lagos is more than enough. Let alone when those of us from other ethic groups vote for him.
Re: CPC's Campaign In Lagos Would Be The Game Changer by smile11s(m): 1:49am On Mar 28, 2011
Some years ago, Nigerians were clamoring for democracy. The military babas changed their style of dressing from military suits to agbadas. Now it seems like everyone is now tired of PDP, the same people heading PDP are now switching to CPC. Brainwashing Nigerians, packaging Nigerians, and infecting Nigerians with the contagious Political Virus that destroys the economy and keep the youths handicapped. May God help us from the Wrath of PDP or/and CPC.
Re: CPC's Campaign In Lagos Would Be The Game Changer by TNUBU4LIFE: 2:00am On Mar 28, 2011
What other reality is on ground apart from the fact that Buhari's party is not known and popular in Lagos.The ballot would carry symbols of party u know.Now,northerners??They are in Lag but I can tell u that even their votes will be shared between shakarau,ribadu and buhari.Now,other ethnic groups,I hope u re not refering to SS and igbos??Those tribes will share their votes between gej and ribadu.The hosts-yoruba are voting ACN dont mind what they say!!They gave tremendous support to the ACN!!Unfortunately,buhari is not even popular among the yorubas,gej even fair better.
Re: CPC's Campaign In Lagos Would Be The Game Changer by KnowAll(m): 4:14am On Mar 28, 2011
I believe in a true free and fair election, Team BB would trounce ACN in the Presidential Elections in Lagos State. The Momentum in Lagos is gathering storm, and it would surprise a lot of people when the coalition of pentecostal voters unleash their mules, it would be a reminiscent of one those every Friday revivals in Messrs Adeboye's Life camp.

ACN would however clear the other elections , Governor,Assembly men both state and federal.
Re: CPC's Campaign In Lagos Would Be The Game Changer by Kobojunkie: 4:17am On Mar 28, 2011
TNUBU4LIFE:

Dream on,dream on!!

Stay in your siberia and continue to delude urself[b].Tinubu has captured,sealed and delivered the whole SW to Ribadu!![/b]

No he hasn't. My Family in Lagos have no clue who Ribadu is, except for that he is running on the ACN ticket, and they certainly do not like Tinubu one bit. Many people in Lagos I know are voting Fashola but do not support ACN.
Re: CPC's Campaign In Lagos Would Be The Game Changer by TNUBU4LIFE: 4:43am On Mar 28, 2011
dream on,dream on.I am sure u are aware that people said more than this in 2007 about atiku, and the outcome ?It was a devastating blow to pdp!

ur family members did not tell you that just yesterday,the strongman of epe politics in Lagos,Lanre Razak just decamped to the ACN,Demola serki-yardua's former defence minister/bode george's protege just decamped to ACN,Dr Wale Ahmed-that cerebral spokesman of pdp has decamped to ACN with all their supporters!

Ask yourself-why ACN despite the no-love lost between ACN and pdp in Lagos?,it is because more groundwork is still being done by Tinubu(that you and ur folks dislike for reasons best known to you) to gather as much votes for ribadu as much as possible!!Fashola does not have a serious contender opposing him im this election but if you see the massive mobilization and campaign going on,you will understand that there is more to it!Everywhere Fashola goes,he tells[b] people to vote for only the ACN[/b],he told them that the good work he is doing in Lagos would be replicated at the centre and power would be fixed for Laqgosians by an ACN president ,goes on to make disparaging about everything pdp represents,KWAM1 always on stage to sing against pdp and they are succeeding everyday in demonizing pdp and you said most voters like your elitist family who have no clue who ribadu is,who dont attend political rallies,who may likely stay glued to DSTV on election day and possibly be scared away from voting will neutralize the effect of the most effective campaign structure in Nigeria.

The split votes will count for nothing!Gej /buhari would be a fool to be counting on that!It does not work because most voters have poor voter education.When AD risked that assumption in 2003,people didnt split anything,all the votes just went to pdp and AD lost!

Who would settles for that kind of arrangement particularly when Fashola;s profile is so so intinmidating!
Re: CPC's Campaign In Lagos Would Be The Game Changer by PapaBrowne(m): 4:44am On Mar 28, 2011
I have been asking everybody I know in Lagos and the only answer I get is either GEJ or Ribadu. Buhari is not popular here at all. I suspect that is why he is not even bothering to campaign here. Most Lagosians think Buhari is the ANPP candidate.
Re: CPC's Campaign In Lagos Would Be The Game Changer by TNUBU4LIFE: 4:59am On Mar 28, 2011
dont mind them,they will stay in siberia and start telling those of us on ground in Lagos what is not the reality!!

I told them since that they should call their trusted friends or relatives in lagos and ask about BB,they will shed tears at the level of ignorance even from educated people about the BB thing.It is so so so fake and dubious to hear someone in far away china or whereever telling me 'there is a BB fever 'in Lagos when most people dont even know his party or if he is actually contesting even 3 weeks to elections whereas everyone knows about gej and ribadu.S far,ribadu is far ahead of gej and buhari maynot even do better than deld momodu or pat utomi-shiorr

Lying political scammers!

abeg vote my ribadu jare!
Re: CPC's Campaign In Lagos Would Be The Game Changer by KnowAll(m): 10:45am On Mar 30, 2011
[size=16pt]You don’t get a pardon from a sitting President and go and join another party. I believe Ribadu was made to run so as to stop Buhari. You people would be surprise if there is a run-off,  AC-N would support JEG.[/size]

[size=18pt]VOTE CPC FOR PRESIDENT !!!![/size]
Re: CPC's Campaign In Lagos Would Be The Game Changer by seal777(m): 11:14am On Mar 30, 2011
@TINUBU 4LIFE, As a strong ACN freak myself,i had fun reading ur comment with strong view that ribadu wil win lagos, ur assertion about BBs popularity in lagos is wrong. I live in itire,surulere,lagos and ur point on Buharis support in lagos is nt correct. I was personally suprised at the support he has here base on his stand on corruption. I set a revolution runing in my street by pasting buharis posters infront of our house, wit people i never expected disclosing their support for him.

Though i am a strong and active ACN supporter wit Fashola as my man in lagos,definately BB for presidency.
Mind u Buhari does nt need Bigwigs and decampee to get support cos the masses re his constituency. Go into town and confirm.
Re: CPC's Campaign In Lagos Would Be The Game Changer by kshow1(m): 11:39am On Mar 30, 2011
Kobojunkie:

No he hasn't. My Family in Lagos have no clue who Ribadu is, except for that he is running on the ACN ticket, and they certainly do not like Tinubu one bit. Many people in Lagos I know are voting Fashola but do not support ACN.

You have said it all, Majority of Lagos voters are voting for Fashola and NOT ACN. So let it not be a surprise if BB wins 40% of Lagos votes.
Re: CPC's Campaign In Lagos Would Be The Game Changer by ojesymsym: 12:56pm On Mar 30, 2011
smile11s:

Some years ago, Nigerians were clamoring for democracy. The military babas changed their style of dressing from military suits to agbadas. Now it seems like everyone is now tired of PDP, the same people heading PDP are now switching to CPC. Brainwashing Nigerians, packaging Nigerians, and infecting Nigerians with the contagious Political Virus that destroys the economy and keep the youths handicapped. May God help us from the Wrath of PDP or/and CPC.

Name one politician that has switched from PDP to CPC.

(1) (2) (Reply)

B.R.E.A.K.I.N.G.N.E.WS! Jonathan/pdp Behind BH / Obiano To Be Impeached? / V.P Jonathan, A Corrupt And Ineffective State Governor: Wikileaks.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.