Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,256 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... (63515 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: 'I Was Happy To Wear Dior Cleavage-Baring Dress' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... by DimIsaac10(m): 8:06am On Jan 02, 2021
Someone's role model....
The online hoodlums will rush to defend her that she is the best...
If you like don't go at all, why are you discouraging others?.

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... by Oracleforce: 8:07am On Jan 02, 2021
sunnybobonwa:
Why I stopped attending Catholic churches in Nigeria - Chimamanda Adichie

https://lifestyle.thecable.ng/chimamanda-why-i-stopped-attending-catholic-churches-in-nigeria/

She wan trend again....
The doctrine has been there before you are born....so nobody forces you to attend church....go to the shrine and serve any gods

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... by Neddstark: 8:08am On Jan 02, 2021
Chimamanda, you're godless simple. Stop giving explanations why you are.

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... by pk2me: 8:11am On Jan 02, 2021
Your own cup of tea, do as you wishes but don't drag others to believe in your own thought about the church.

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... by BREYZ: 8:12am On Jan 02, 2021
sunnybobonwa:
Why I stopped attending Catholic churches in Nigeria - Chimamanda Adichie

https://lifestyle.thecable.ng/chimamanda-why-i-stopped-attending-catholic-churches-in-nigeria/

This chimamanda an weyrey grin cheesy
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... by meobizy(f): 8:13am On Jan 02, 2021
Mmh, abeg, this woman and her over-bloated ego. She dances to the white man’s tune and finds anything African below her. Her husband is mixed because she couldn’t nab a white man.

9 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... by ofiko123(m): 8:13am On Jan 02, 2021
Your life your biz.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... by 2cribz: 8:14am On Jan 02, 2021
I dropped out from catholic church in 2010.
Its a coven,withcraft,they are demonic,rev father sexing all the sisters,cumin in them,rev fsther smokes in pub shortly after mass u go dey perceive ciga,they drink beer openly during harvest and bazaar,yhere is nothing anu bastard catholic will tellme again. They turn the bible upside down and they dont use bible,its forbidden. All they do is to rewrie and modify bible verses inside one useless bulletin. Catholics worship mary and idolise her a lot,to them jesus christ is secondary. Mary is first. Dumb fools hell bound.. hail mary full of grace,tha lord is with u,i can recite all they stupid useless boring prayers. Idols and withches full catholic church

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... by HelpYourself(m): 8:14am On Jan 02, 2021
smiley

Religion is money power and a social fundraiser nothing more

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... by chris51(f): 8:14am On Jan 02, 2021
If she is complaining about fund raising in Catholic church in Nigeria, Let her go to Pentecostal church in Nigeria and know what tithe is about.
It's then she will appreciate Catholic church

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... by chris51(f): 8:15am On Jan 02, 2021
chris51:
If she is complaining about fund raising in Catholic church in Nigeria, Let her go to Pentecostal church in Nigeria and know what tithe is about.
It's then she will appreciate Catholic church

5 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... by hisexcellency34: 8:16am On Jan 02, 2021
Bitch
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... by thonyman: 8:16am On Jan 02, 2021
leadzeal:
Religion in general, is a school you should graduate from as soon as you can so has to discover your very own spiritual path ordained for you from the beginning.

Religion can NEVER lead you to God, only spirituality can perceive God; for God is Spirit.

It is only one of the means and never the End. If you see it has the end, you will never understand your being and consequently God.

Glad Adichie is coming to that understanding.

Follow Sadhguru on facebook to learn more, you will be glad you did.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... by Makavelli25: 8:16am On Jan 02, 2021
2cribz:
I dropped out from catholic church in 2010.
Its a coven,withcraft,they are demonic,rev father sexing all the sisters,cumin in them,rev fsther smokes in pub shortly after mass u go dey perceive ciga,they drink beer openly during harvest and bazaar,yhere is nothing anu bastard catholic will tellme again. They turn the bible upside down and they dont use bible,its forbidden. All they do is to rewrie and modify bible verses inside one useless bulletin. Catholics worship mary and idolise her a lot,to them jesus christ is secondary. Mary is first. Dumb fools hell bound
How come I am following you. You sound dumb

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... by HelpYourself(m): 8:16am On Jan 02, 2021
leadzeal:
Religion in general, is a school you should graduate from as soon as you can so has to discover your very own spiritual path ordained for you from the beginning.

Religion can NEVER lead you to God, only spirituality can perceive God; for God is Spirit.

It is only one of the means and never the End. If you see it has the end, you will never understand your being and consequently God.

Beautiful

Good one my brother

We should be good friends

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... by Thebigheart: 8:17am On Jan 02, 2021
Sagaciousp:
I'm not a Catholic, but one church in Nigeria I admire most is the Catholic Church.
There is this Catholic Church close to my residence, they have a mini flat(Bungalow) close to the Church auditorium, this house has housed a non Catholic with his six children for more than three years now. Every Sunday mass will be ongoing and the man and his family would dress and pass right in front of the church auditorium to living faith church(Winners chapel) where they worship.

Which other denomination tolerates such?
Bros. Clap for yourself. This is New year, you have started with all this your trash write again.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... by HelpYourself(m): 8:17am On Jan 02, 2021
JaneYave:
Jesus knew why He said you shall do exploits if you know your God. Having insight saves, you could choose your path and vision and yet be part of a congregation while you kindly keep voicing out against odds. Absconding is not the best, there is a still anoiting in the sanctuary.
Is that so
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... by EmekaBlue(m): 8:18am On Jan 02, 2021
Catholic church own small...oya Come go other big protestant churches na

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... by chris51(f): 8:19am On Jan 02, 2021
ImmaculateJOE:
She is very correct..

My own is that the Bishops and Priests live large and drive exorbitant cars while the congregate starve..

I'm a die-hard Catholic tho.

What you are saying is in Pentecostal church

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... by iamJ(m): 8:19am On Jan 02, 2021
cheesy grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... by HelpYourself(m): 8:19am On Jan 02, 2021
Obinnau:
I lost my faith in the church and stopped going since 2017. It's all about money and wealth. Not about the poorest members among themselves. A church is supposed to be where someone comes for refuge, no where one will be oppressed because they don't have money. You are respected in church organisations by how much money you to your family have and by by what you have to offer. It's a sad thing that even the so called priests openly partake in the this irreligious affair. Sad generation indeed!

Well done

Brother

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... by HelpYourself(m): 8:20am On Jan 02, 2021
Clonus:
That’s one of the many differences between the true religion as practiced byThe Christ and the religion of man

Exactly !!!!!!!!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... by 2cribz: 8:20am On Jan 02, 2021
Mofocka im talking from experience. Better flee from catholic church now b4 its too late. I attended cathilic church in edo,lag and ibadan and its all the same thing . All parish priests are hypocrites they smoke and sex a lot,dont be deceived . Catholic church is a coven,no diff from grail message,eckankar and the rest. They are all demonic.

post=97636360]Catholic church own small...oya Come go other big protestant churches na[/quote]
Makavelli25:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... by Nodogragra4me(m): 8:20am On Jan 02, 2021
Oracleforce:

She wan trend again....
The doctrine has been there before you are born....so nobody forces you to attend church....go to the shrine and serve any gods

Because it has been there doesn't make it right.

As a former Catholic I can declare that the church puts financial pressures on membership and panders to the men and family with the financial muscle .

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... by 2cribz: 8:21am On Jan 02, 2021
Mofocka im talking from experience. Better flee from catholic church now b4 its too late. I attended cathilic church in edo,lag and ibadan and its all the same thing . All parish priests,fake ass bishops are hypocrites they smoke and sex a lot,dont be deceived . Catholic church is a coven,no diff from grail message,eckankar and the rest. They are all demonic.

post=97636360]Catholic church own small...oya Come go other big protestant churches na[/quote]
Makavelli25:
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... by Honoureal: 8:21am On Jan 02, 2021
Wahala for who like story

Anyways this might be a little inapt but I don't know how to post on this platform
And I have some matters I'd really like to seek, the wisdom of the public on... Someone should help this newbie ����
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... by Zagee: 8:22am On Jan 02, 2021
Waited patiently for her to love the artistry involved in Catholicism(dress and latin) and she didn't disappoint. grin

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... by Nodogragra4me(m): 8:24am On Jan 02, 2021
chris51:

What you are saying is in Pentecostal church

There is no anxiety as a result of financial pressure in Pentecostal churches as you have it in the othodox churches

I was a former Catholic
Been to Anglican for baby deviation and experienced first many offerings and collections

There is hardly any Pentecostal that takes offering more than once unless end of the month Thanksgiving and many don't do launching and harvest and raffle draws or collect dues

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... by Nobody: 8:25am On Jan 02, 2021
Ok, I am of two minds about this

1.The Churches in Nigeria seem to be largely money minded. Not just catholic, every church, and even some fellowships.

2.On the other hand, the money raised by many churches goes into their charities, which help the...you guessed it...poor. And the Catholic church is one of the chief runners of charities in this country.

(N.B I am not a catholic, nor do I agree with their doctrine)

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... by CandyOps(m): 8:25am On Jan 02, 2021
leadzeal:

It is only one of the means and never the End. If you see it has the end, you will never understand your being and consequently God. For people who hope on God for survival rather than their brains and acknowledged patterns of nature

Na for Africa oh. Oyibo them no rate God at all oh. in fact, the word 'God' is even censored on Tv because they know it's a brainwashing tool like an intoxicant. You knoow the way they censor drugs, guns and booty on tv.

It's for the undeveloped or people who are still stuck in the dark ages/times. for people who are yet to come to terms with reality

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... by Charity85(m): 8:25am On Jan 02, 2021
Chiamanda states she is a Catholic by nomenclature. I don't really think there is anything as such. She says she doesn't believe in the Sacrament of Penance (Confession). You see, if you are a Catholic, you are bound to believe in all the articles of the Catholic faith as summarized in the Nicene Creed or the Apostle's Creed. You don't decide which of the doctrines suit you to believe. Meanwhile as a Catholic, your role model should be on those who have ran the race to the finish and gained the prize of eternal life and not on those still on the way. This is the reason we believe in the communion of the Saints and there are many of them, in all nations of the world and even in our country Nigeria

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Twist Of Fate. / Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. / TORN (based On A True Life Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.