Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,474 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... (63517 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: 'I Was Happy To Wear Dior Cleavage-Baring Dress' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... by BabaIbo: 11:21am On Jan 11, 2021
Nodogragra4me:

Missionaries didn't come by the catholic funding but by the queens seeking to know about the other world... There is queen Isabella that funded those that came with Christopher Columbus.

The Anglicans came as missionary society first to us... ... I am recalling things thought in my primary school days

When you STATE MAJOR NGO works, you should be able to substantiate it with name and locations of the major works being funded... During the covid 19 lockdowns, we saw Dangote and Bua giving in billions in the North particularly in Kano, their home state...

Winners gave ambulances and medicals to the government
And many more organizations and churches came forward with support

The biggest ngo in the north today's is Dangote fundstiin and Abduralman of BUA group... They do it big

When you state, religious bodies, you make it seem like the catholic church gives money to other churches for ngo which is absolutely inaccurate and a big misinformation meant to massage somebody ego

Don't just write without facts, mention others that organise donations for everything...just one for an example

Winners didn't open more ways to collect... No. It is a misrepresentation of facts.. Go to Quickteller and navigate to religious institutions..then open it.

Online platofroms have exited for years within the church... Bloggers only made it look like a novel thing within the church.... I have been using it for year's before lockdown and I still make use of it

Winners don't do or organise donation or launching, don't do bazaar sales, raffle draws, harvest... Anything make brings men and women together and start announcing, I make a personal contribution of so and so amount is not done... Every giving is private between you and you....

Shiloh is a word session where the entire congregation is hooked to the headquarters church.... Offerings is taken the normal way it is done during church service... The only extraordinary event is Shiloh sacrifice.. You also package it like offering in an envelope and drop it in the offering basket when it comes to your seat.. You don't leave your position for anything.

A pastor can be sacked inWINNERS if he starts asking people to who can give so and so amount to stand up or come to the altar

It is against their doctrine to collect offering during weddings.

In that church, it is to each as he is willing.... No pressure, no calling anybody to see what he can do... No chief launcher... It is as the Lor days in our heart

You can go and investigate this claim

They are constructing 10,000 church across Nigeria, no offering, no launching... Just that announcement during Shiloh and those God laid it I. Their hearts are giving

Young man, stop quoting me with your wrong information.

So the queen sent the Salesian/Don Bosco missionaries from Italy and other missionaries that came from other countries excluding England?

I sent you picturess that shows living faith as a whole but here you're in your daftness, showing me an archdiocese and a parish as Catholic Church as a whole.

You are mentioning dangote etc, when I categorically stated the ones from religious organisations. Dangote is not even the only Non-religious donor(NGO) in the north, anyway that is not the point of argument.
Kindly, Google Search list of NGOs operating in the north and read up on them, also read on Augustinian and Capuchinss missionaries and when they came into Nigeria.

A little info for you, the first missionaries that came to Nigeria was in the 15th century and not 18.. you learnt in your primary school grin... You can read more on it.

You are educated on this issue by half but you are claiming to know more than others.

Can't you see you need wisdom?

Don't quote me on this issue again or else I will be forced to use insultive words on you or "swear for you".
The pictures I sent you are real, not any blogger blah blah blah.

EOD...

We can talk on other things but definitely not this because it will keep going back and forth.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... by SUNNYCEE60: 11:11pm On Jul 21, 2021
Great minds.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Twist Of Fate. / Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. / TORN (based On A True Life Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.