Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,233 members, 7,836,117 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Social Media Life Versus Real Life. My Experience With A Fake Life Guy - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Social Media Life Versus Real Life. My Experience With A Fake Life Guy (5333 Views)

The Lady In My Life, My Burden. / Social Media Life: The Sad Truth [picture] / "May Your Empty Soul Rest In Life" Guy Blast Lady Used My Yahoo Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Social Media Life Versus Real Life. My Experience With A Fake Life Guy by gabazin080(m): 12:33pm On Jan 02, 2021
I am a carpenter and a furniture maker with some side business when there is no work because I don't like to do JOIN MAN except contract works .
I was on site one day in July 2020 when a guy that looks like one of those yahoo guys approached me that he is looking for labour work. I looked at him from head to toe and told him he can't be a labourer with his expensive looks and chain he has on. then he told me not to be deceived by his looks, that its all packaging. he mentioned construction companies he has worked with before I took his inside to start work.
I told him I pay my guys weekly, labor 2k and skilled labor 3.5k per day but the guy begged me to please pay him daily for this week so that he can have something to hold body and he will plan himself for weekly payment from next week that he has no money on him right now.
he started work and we exchanged contacts. the guy really surprised me with his dedication and seriousness to work.
later at night while browsing on Facebook, a picture popped up among FACEBOOK'S PEOPLE YOU MAY KNOW. the person happens to be the guy, I think Facebook brought his name because I now have his contact on my phone. I went through his profile and realized this guy is fake. he guys to club with guys, takes pictures with hot girls and in big bars and hotel. I also saw pictures of him with 3 or 4 celebrities, maybe he was lucky to run into them in those places. I didn't bother to add him as friend.
next day came and he was already at work before me. I called him with his Facebook name TONY E******S FUNDS. He was shocked and he asked how I got to know his name. that's when we now sat down as friends to talk even though he was way younger than I.
he said those extravagant lifestyle were funded from betting wins or some rich yahoo friends of his but he is not a Yahoo guy but just post those things to feel among. he said SOCIAL MEDIA LIFE IS NOT THE SAME AS REAL LIFE
at that moment I preached to him like a brother and told him to buy carpentry tools and am ready to teach him carpentry and will still be earning his 2k as a laborer till he is good to be called a carpenter. I showed him 2 others guys that are labourers and apprentice at the same time. he showed seriousness immediately and asked that I borrow him one of my hammer till next week when he will be able to afford it but I declined and decided to borrow/dash him 3k to get an hammer, saw, bar and a measuring tape.
5 months later and this guys is doing better than the 2 other apprentice and got an increment. now I even send him to work with some of my friends when I don't have work at hand and stay at home to my manage my small businesses.
also his fake social media life has reduced but not stopped fully because he doesn't even have time to hang out much like before because we sometimes work on Sundays, even today been just second day of the year and we are back on site again.

the reason for this topic is not to feel inferior to others because of the things they post on social and also to share the lesson I learnt from him that SOCIAL MEDIA LIFE IS NOT THE SAME AS REAL LIFE.

Sorry for the long post and errors

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Social Media Life Versus Real Life. My Experience With A Fake Life Guy by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jan 02, 2021
Well I specifically like the fact that you helped him and that he wasn't the lazy type, that's the most important.

53 Likes

Re: Social Media Life Versus Real Life. My Experience With A Fake Life Guy by habsydiamond(m): 12:43pm On Jan 02, 2021
Thank God that u were able to change him... In this world of ours, everything is now audio oo... We even get audio human grin grin grin... May God bless everyone of us this new year with favor, joy, happiness and peace of heart. ENJOY THIS YEAR FELLAS

12 Likes

Re: Social Media Life Versus Real Life. My Experience With A Fake Life Guy by ObaKlaz: 12:48pm On Jan 02, 2021
Let's not even begin with the females.

Boss Chics, fierce feminists on social media, beggers in the DM and still scrapping pots of beans in their fathers' houses. Zero skills, just living for the 'gram.

16 Likes

Re: Social Media Life Versus Real Life. My Experience With A Fake Life Guy by 44Bulldog(m): 12:50pm On Jan 02, 2021
Omoh grin
Re: Social Media Life Versus Real Life. My Experience With A Fake Life Guy by Macphenson: 12:55pm On Jan 02, 2021
My brother, this same issue I have been thinking since morning.

I have a relative in the village, if you see his balling on Facebook, me wey dey Lagos dey learn work.

Now am in the village, the guy just gum body me. I was trying to access him.based on all he has been posting on Facebook, and the only thing I find is constant hunger.

I kept wondering how one can be so dedicated in deceiving himself. I know my extent of small balling in Lagos but it has never appeared on social media, but this guy shows off every minute of social media.

I am still thinking of a way to talk to him about it but yet am being careful not to misrepresent myself.

Everybody indeed rich for Instagram.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Social Media Life Versus Real Life. My Experience With A Fake Life Guy by osamz007: 12:57pm On Jan 02, 2021
Omoh e be things
Re: Social Media Life Versus Real Life. My Experience With A Fake Life Guy by austine4real(m): 1:03pm On Jan 02, 2021
grin grin grin grin

Saw a girl on Instagram tried to hookup with her during the holiday

Mhen the girl looks totally different

In real life she looks like a burnt dodo she bleached skin ....I mean multiple colors blue red green and yellow

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Social Media Life Versus Real Life. My Experience With A Fake Life Guy by gabazin080(m): 1:28pm On Jan 02, 2021
Macphenson:
My brother, this same issue I have been thinking since morning.

I have a relative in the village, if you see his balling on Facebook, me wey dey Lagos dey learn work.

Now am in the village, the guy just gum body me. I was trying to access him.based on all he has been posting on Facebook, and the only thing I find is constant hunger.

I kept wondering how one can be so dedicated in deceiving himself. I know my extent of small balling in Lagos but it has never appeared on social media, but this guy shows off every minute of social media.

I am still thinking of a way to talk to him about it but yet am being careful not to misrepresent myself.

Everybody indeed rich for Instagram.
only talks will not change him. don't talk to him about it if you don't have solution to his brokenness so he won't feel offended

5 Likes

Re: Social Media Life Versus Real Life. My Experience With A Fake Life Guy by gabazin080(m): 1:32pm On Jan 02, 2021
austine4real:
grin grin grin grin

In real life she looks like a burnt dodo she bleached skin ....I mean multiple colors blue red green and yellow

thats why I don't who girls on social media or on Sunday CU's that's when they wear their most beautiful clothes

2 Likes

Re: Social Media Life Versus Real Life. My Experience With A Fake Life Guy by yomi007k(m): 1:36pm On Jan 02, 2021
austine4real:
grin grin grin grin

cheesy

Blue, red , green and yellow?

She don turn Mama Rainbow ooo

9 Likes

Re: Social Media Life Versus Real Life. My Experience With A Fake Life Guy by WhiteIverson: 1:38pm On Jan 02, 2021
The earlier you realize that SM is an alternate universe, the better.
Na doppelgangers full there.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Social Media Life Versus Real Life. My Experience With A Fake Life Guy by Nazgul: 1:43pm On Jan 02, 2021
The struggle for relevance is real.

The sad truth about fake life is that you won't be able to maintain it for long. No matter how many girls you catch online with it, the day you meet is the day she'll know you're fake.

Besides most would begin requesting for urgent 2k cos you've already given them the impression that you're financially loaded.

There's nothing as easy and peaceful as being yourself.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Social Media Life Versus Real Life. My Experience With A Fake Life Guy by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 02, 2021
fake life
Re: Social Media Life Versus Real Life. My Experience With A Fake Life Guy by HandsomeBlack: 1:52pm On Jan 02, 2021
As greedy politicians no let person rich for real life, make I no Photoshop myself to wealth online again?
Abeg if I post sey I dey Dubai and you see me for your construction site, that means your construction site sef dey Dubai.
Everybody rich for Instagram. Shey nah my own go come different ni? grin

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Social Media Life Versus Real Life. My Experience With A Fake Life Guy by hakeem4(m): 2:23pm On Jan 02, 2021
Well, People who live a fake life can only deceive themselves and not us.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Social Media Life Versus Real Life. My Experience With A Fake Life Guy by SimeonOTC(m): 2:24pm On Jan 02, 2021
HandsomeBlack:

As greedy politicians no let person rich for real life, make I no Photoshop myself to wealth online again?
Abeg if I post sey I dey Dubai and you see me for your construction site, that means your construction site sef dey Dubai.
Everybody rich for Instagram. Shey nah my own go come different ni? grin

this guy don kill megrin grin

10 Likes

Re: Social Media Life Versus Real Life. My Experience With A Fake Life Guy by ucheuzor1(m): 2:28pm On Jan 02, 2021
OP, I want to thank you for being considerate enough to accommodate him and make him pick up skill. Most people we see online live fake life, some of the reasons I don't visit Facebook and Instagram much again. Both boys and girls all living fake life behind the cyberspace.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Social Media Life Versus Real Life. My Experience With A Fake Life Guy by cooooooks(m): 2:40pm On Jan 02, 2021
Labourers and skilled workers make enough money to live comfortably in parts of Nigeria.

I always pity people who look down on them.

10 Likes

Re: Social Media Life Versus Real Life. My Experience With A Fake Life Guy by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 02, 2021
E dey easy to detect broke guy vs person wey get money now grin grin grin most guys wey broke na dem dress pass ,na dem wear fake designers pass awon balenciga drip drip rubbish while hunger dey kill their mama.... 100 pics for fb ... rich guys get minimal social media presence .... na when u jam dem for the real world... dem go oppress you.....

16 Likes

Re: Social Media Life Versus Real Life. My Experience With A Fake Life Guy by Kinkykinky: 3:18pm On Jan 02, 2021
Hmm
Re: Social Media Life Versus Real Life. My Experience With A Fake Life Guy by Headlesschicken(m): 3:21pm On Jan 02, 2021
smiley Nice one.... We r way too old to be bothered about other people's lives....

1 Like

Re: Social Media Life Versus Real Life. My Experience With A Fake Life Guy by ghettochild4u(m): 3:24pm On Jan 02, 2021
God bless you. U have a good heart.,
Re: Social Media Life Versus Real Life. My Experience With A Fake Life Guy by legendEMT(m): 3:58pm On Jan 02, 2021
That's great. Thank God for your generous spirit. He's never going to forget you in life.
Don't be tempted to go into that kind of life too

1 Like

Re: Social Media Life Versus Real Life. My Experience With A Fake Life Guy by kalu61(m): 4:02pm On Jan 02, 2021
I see that alot here. I will be upstairs seeing some chicks some men brought into the estate taking pictures in front of gates.

l will just smile knowing it will be hitting social media.

6 Likes

Re: Social Media Life Versus Real Life. My Experience With A Fake Life Guy by blinking001(m): 4:07pm On Jan 02, 2021
Living a private life rocks.

4 Likes

Re: Social Media Life Versus Real Life. My Experience With A Fake Life Guy by slimjosh231(m): 4:11pm On Jan 02, 2021
Hmmm.
Re: Social Media Life Versus Real Life. My Experience With A Fake Life Guy by DAVE41(m): 4:21pm On Jan 02, 2021
WhiteIverson:
The earlier you realize that SM is an alternate universe, the better.
Na doppelgangers full there.
Yu dun watch flash 2 much o.g
Re: Social Media Life Versus Real Life. My Experience With A Fake Life Guy by gabazin080(m): 4:21pm On Jan 02, 2021
blinking001:
Living a private life rocks.
same with me, its almost 3 months now since I last visited Facebook cus my account was hacked and all efforts to retrieve it proved abortive. account of 9 years. to open a new one no even dey my plan
Re: Social Media Life Versus Real Life. My Experience With A Fake Life Guy by blinking001(m): 4:26pm On Jan 02, 2021
gabazin080:
same with me, its almost 3 months now since I last visited Facebook cus my account was hacked and all efforts to retrieve it proved abortive. account of 9 years. to open a new one no even dey my plan
Gbamsolutely
Re: Social Media Life Versus Real Life. My Experience With A Fake Life Guy by omokeinde84655: 4:32pm On Jan 02, 2021

1 Like

Re: Social Media Life Versus Real Life. My Experience With A Fake Life Guy by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jan 02, 2021
omokeinde84655:
na so

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Girl I Thought Was Modest Isn’t At All, This Is What I Found Out / Ladies Dont U get Irritated Sometimes When Yr Guy Or Any Boy Tries To Touch You / 5 Main Dresses A Woman Should Wear In Her Lifetime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.