Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,723 members, 7,827,633 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra (28112 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by Siscooh: 12:53am On Jan 06, 2021
Thank you
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by Siscooh: 12:57am On Jan 06, 2021
feedthenation:
---It will be a tall-order for an Igbo presidency---i perceive someone from the south-south will be president again before the south-east---
That serves them right
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by WelcomeToBiafra: 6:19am On Jan 06, 2021
Ojiofor:

Enjoy your online republic of Biafra forever.
Fulani or Yoruba president will dash you Biafra you hear mugu.

What's mumu saying undecided

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by jadeliyi(m): 6:41am On Jan 06, 2021
vanunu:
The first female civilian governor is from Anambra.
Even Buhari contested against Umaru Yaradua a fellow Fulani man. It is not every northerner that supports one Nigeria, some are for a total Islamic state. so I don't know what this woman is talking about.
did people really voted her in, I mean in a general election?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by Yujin(m): 7:20am On Jan 06, 2021
Feggie3:
I am Igbo and I want Biafra. With this mindset of yours we will never get either of them..
Upon the population of the the North during the Nigerian Civil war, they lured the Yorubas on their side, they lured the Brits.. If Igbos continue this chest beating identity of ( they can do it on their own), they sure will keep wailing and ranting till God knows when...

Let me remind you... Igbos are smart! Yes... But the hallmark of loosing a fight is that you were simply outsmarted... No long cap.
You can only deceive the naive ones. You're not Igbo even your write up shows you're just claiming them without being one of them. I'm gifted with the power of deduction.
As for Ndigbo losing the fight in Biafran war, the reasons are more than just giving accolades to the 'north'. The odds as at then was just too much for Biafra to succeed. Bear in mind that Igbos never started the war... war was brought to us. We've already reviewed the odds and taken correction. Change is the most constant of thing in life and the power play in Nigeria will not be different. The mighty USSR was plagued by torrents of centripetal forces until she disintegrated.
Igbos are not chest beating about working in isolation... No one works in isolation not even North Korea. Everything has its role in a vision in motion.
Finally, I don't care about the presidency of Nigeria because I know that it will never bring about the development of Nigeria. It is no news to us WHEN those blind Igbo politicians fail in their presidential quest. We have dedicated our lives for the restoration of Biafra and will continue on course until those elites join the ranks. Biafra shall be a glorious country.
You on the other hand should know that Nigeria will not survive for long. The blood shed today is nothing compared to the one coming because there are hands beyond even the reach of the caliphate that are pursuing the chaos for their own benefit.
NB: Stop impersonating Ndigbo.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by Feggie3: 7:45am On Jan 06, 2021
Yujin:

You can only deceive the naive ones. You're not Igbo even your write up shows you're just claiming them without being one of them. I'm gifted with the power of deduction.
As for Ndigbo losing the fight in Biafran war, the reasons are more than just giving accolades to the 'north'. The odds as at then was just too much for Biafra to succeed. Bear in mind that Igbos never started the war... war was brought to us. We've already reviewed the odds and taken correction. Change is the most constant of thing in life and the power play in Nigeria will not be different. The mighty USSR was plagued by torrents of centripetal forces until she disintegrated.
Igbos are not chest beating about working in isolation... No one works in isolation not even North Korea. Everything has its role in a vision in motion.
Finally, I don't care about the presidency of Nigeria because I know that it will never bring about the development of Nigeria. It is no news to us WHEN those blind Igbo politicians fail in their presidential quest. We have dedicated our lives for the restoration of Biafra and will continue on course until those elites join the ranks. Biafra shall be a glorious country.
You on the other hand should know that Nigeria will not survive for long. The blood shed today is nothing compared to the one coming because there are hands beyond even the reach of the caliphate that are pursuing the chaos for their own benefit.
NB: Stop impersonating Ndigbo.
Do you think if Yoruba youths didn't join in soro soke during the End SARS protest that the FG would have listened to us and dissolved SARS? And what makes you think I am not Igbo because I am simply giving accolade to Yorubas.... I speak the truth and it's a simple logic, the more heads you bring together to carry out a plan, the better and smarter ideas you get to gain fruition.
We and Yorubas or the middle belt don't have the same interest at heart. Wait and watch how our plans would rapidly be enacted if these two regions collectively agree to buy the principle and ideas of secession.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by Caseywilliams(m): 8:45am On Jan 06, 2021
gidgiddy:
Igbo presidency and Biafra are two seperate things, they have no connection whatsoever
from igbo presidency she deviated to Biafra logistics and sessesion and lastly nah gender equality and feminism she use end her topic.....she has got points in most of her statements but she just dey yarn dust leave wetin they ask her. very funny though.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by Yujin(m): 8:46am On Jan 06, 2021
Feggie3:
Do you think if Yoruba youths didn't join in soro soke during the End SARS protest that the FG would have listened to us and dissolved SARS? And what makes you think I am not Igbo because I am simply giving accolade to Yorubas.... I speak the truth and it's a simple logic, the more heads you bring together to carry out a plan, the better and smarter ideas you get to gain fruition.
We and Yorubas or the middle belt don't have the same interest at heart. Wait and watch how our plans would rapidly be enacted if these two regions collectively agree to buy the principle and ideas of secession.
I don't do ethnic competition and those who know me here know that very well. The same terrorist killing people from the middlebelt are the same people killing in the whole South. If others are scared to stand up and tell the terrorists, we will do it. There's no single diplomacy with a vampire. It's commonsense to seek to keep one's people away from marauders who have proven over centuries their bloodlust. We can't just follow others who think a dead horse can be revived and hence continue to grope and wander in the Nigerian wilderness. Some Yorubas believe in secession (OBJs book hinted on it). All in all, whether Igbo, Yoruba, smaller groups in the South or Middlebelt, all those who foolishly cling to reviving the dead contraption will soon come to the realization of their poor judgement. They are wishing that fulanis and other jihady groups will let them have a peaceful country. They will be wasting resources fighting a useless war and the same time grappling with internal colonization. Isn't it obvious to all? How then can development come? I wonder how black people reason.
We have seen it all and know that disintegration is the best for those who have set their eyes on building up their land and country.
I was discussing with a Kenyan friend about politics and I asked him to imagine Kenya being joined to Somalia to be one country. You need to see the look in his eyes.... that would be nightmare. This is the Nigerian conundrum. Somalia is just one ethnic group and one religion yet it is plagued with terrorism against themselves. I've discussed with Somalians why so and majority of them are still confused about it. Those who left their country don't want to return. This will be the situation in arewa even after Nigeria disintegrates. The south and middlebelt still yoked with them is killing the south. They have no solution to the problem and won't allow those who can try to even try. How do you solve such a problem?
A word is enough for the wise.
We are waiting for the politicians from our side to fail(both in not getting the position of the President and even after getting but frustrated without achieving thing meaningful) and then realize the truth.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by Ojiofor: 10:42am On Jan 06, 2021
WelcomeToBiafra:

What's mumu saying undecided

Enjoy Your Online Biafra in peace.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by WelcomeToBiafra: 5:08pm On Jan 06, 2021
Ojiofor:

Enjoy Your Online Biafra in peace.

Thank you.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by Melaninprincess(f): 5:31pm On Jan 06, 2021
No lies detected
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by TheFacelessMan: 1:02am On Jan 07, 2021
OneTemplate:

And you don't see the futility in a people being so divided along the most fundamental of lines?

I am sure the Igbos angling for the Presidency will equally see you Biafra disciples as deluded folks who need to see the 'bigger picture'.

The way you judge them is how they judge you. Bottom line is that this most fundamental of schism must not exist , to this huge extent, amongst a people who are searching for a definitive socio-economic and ethnic direction . This is what Chinamanda is saying even if you want to play Ostrich.

You guys will make excuses for blatant shortcomings you should be trying to address because you simply dont want to admit you are wrong and that you can learn from others.

I enjoy reading your posts and you seem very well-read.

I have been distracted for a while, been off Nairaland but I just recently saw your posts and that of WoundedLamb. Very impressive!

Kudos!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

10 Nigerian Authors Whose Books You Must Read This Year / My Marriage (short Story ) / Okwui Enwezor Dies Of Cancer At 55

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.