Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,865 members, 7,828,088 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra (28117 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by OROSUNBOLB(m): 1:14pm On Jan 05, 2021
EVILFOREST:
I ask, why did she marry dat same "DANGLING ORGAN.? IF she truly addressed MEN as DANGLING ORGANS, then I will I be right if I address Ladies as VACUUMS/ HOLES...since they carry vacuums/HOLES between their thighs, still looking for dangling organs to fill up their vacuums/Holes.
Nonsense.

Issues of Cultural heritage are better discussed with utmost care and regard. IF you choose to insult the MEN, how do you then get to assemble the same MEN ( dangling organs) to look into all these..?

IF you truly uttered this, you have lost all the regard and respect I have for you. U think u can stay in the US and change culture without going back home.
I wonder how you were able to secure the same DANGLING ORGAN for a husband..?

Spot on ! You're blessed with a sound,logical mind I must say.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by Naajjii: 1:18pm On Jan 05, 2021
This lady is Telling you people the truth, listen to her. Tomorrow you people will come out and start saying 2023 must be an Igbo presidency, how will that happen? You gotta put your house in order and convince other Nigerians that you got what it takes to be president. Thats when we will vote or let you people to produce a president anything less than equates to you people cant rule Nigeria period.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by Awasa: 1:19pm On Jan 05, 2021
austinkenneth:

I clearly see your point.

I have learnt from experience that if you're on the discriminated side, you need to speak up and get justice but that the road to justice is faster when you go attack the discrimination as it is not in an embellished form.

It means taking more time to check and observe to you can come up with an insurmountable argument.

For example, we know how property is allocated to a man's male heirs by default, but it was through a pain staking search that some folks in my village found a way to give a particular man's daughters equal property rights with his sons.
The argument was so powerful that the men couldn't even debate the arbitration.

Based on how very highly I place her, and what I perceive to be her level of knowledge of the Igbo culture and its merits and demerits, I expected a close to impeccable argument from her as regards this topic instead of talking about things like a dangling organ.

Even in d Bible women don't necessarily sits with men, except few occasions
And dat doesn't mean they are not treated better
What men are vying for is ego
In Igbo culture, in marriage rite, if the umuada list is not complete, bro no marriage for u,
Other things is negotiable except UMUADA list
Daalụ
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by goodlife4every1(m): 1:19pm On Jan 05, 2021
AtikuNetwork:

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2021/1/igbo-people-cant-unite-for-presidency-yet-talk-about-biafra-chimamanda-adichie.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGA6fTdInfo

Wow... The truth is bitter o... She just nailed it... They are so divided... I want them to produce the next president come 2023 but all I see is, they are not ready...

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by toolovely(m): 1:19pm On Jan 05, 2021
The only group of people looking for President are the politicians. An average Igbo man knows that an Igbo man being the president will not make any difference to him. The only people that will benefit are the man and his cliques, families.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by vanunu: 1:20pm On Jan 05, 2021
ledaman:
How will you know, when you lack comprehension skills.

You are a big fooool. You know nothing about the Igbos.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by vanunu: 1:22pm On Jan 05, 2021
Omoslim26:

Your opinion though

where I am from the powers of the umuada and their roles in ensuring women are respected to the core is very laudable and visibly enshrined in the minds of everyone you don't joke with them
Don't mind that woman, she knows nothing about the Igbo culture.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by Alwaysachick: 1:27pm On Jan 05, 2021
amuwo1980:
Did she really say that? Am shocked she is this political naive.

She is a Diasporian after all. Who cares about the Igbo presidency. All an Igbo man needs is a good business atmosphere with a reasonable leader.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by gidgiddy: 1:30pm On Jan 05, 2021
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

"but this idea that the answer is independence is what i'm not convinced of. Nobody has made a logical case for me. Quite frankly i've observed the terrible leadership we have in the SouthEast"...she said!

Not just about unity of the SE.
I mean if we are saying that Nigeria is not working, is a failed State.
Do we have the best of leadership and governance in the SE?

Security votes , constituency allowances...are they really empowering the people?

I concur with Chimamanda. She's right.

So what is the alternative? To stay in a failed state that shiws no sign of getting better? Or take the risk and go for a new beginning with Biafra?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by ledaman: 1:32pm On Jan 05, 2021
vanunu:

always ranting as usual 5% region

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by gidgiddy: 1:33pm On Jan 05, 2021
SavageResponse:

If you cannot stand behind a single individual to carry the flag of the Southeast in a contest for presidency of the country then it is foolishness to think the Southeast can stand together as a country if it secedes!

If we are to follow the above logic then Nigeria has no business being a country
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by ledaman: 1:33pm On Jan 05, 2021
vanunu:

always ranting, 5% region fellow

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by OROSUNBOLB(m): 1:36pm On Jan 05, 2021
ArticleBeast:

It is Igbo not ibo. Stop lying you can't even get the spelling correct

You can't even recognise a sarcasm when you see one !
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by victory36(m): 1:37pm On Jan 05, 2021
Thinkherbell:
She's is right. Igbos are not united. They're selfish and greedy.

Before you come here to spill trash, I'm igbo too.
please shut up
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by ada9ja(f): 1:38pm On Jan 05, 2021
Dreambeat:
And you think that votes in Nigeria count. If they do, Hope Uzodinma will not even be a local government chairman talk more of a governor. He claimed his votes were excluded and supreme court agreed with him, so who voted for him, imolites?

If is not Hope, who else? It will turn out to be the same politician u don't like...if easterners can boycott election...is a starting point

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by guychidile: 1:43pm On Jan 05, 2021
Left for me,I will ask Igbo people to aspire for Igbo President....QED
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 1:45pm On Jan 05, 2021
Dreambeat:
The terrible leadership in the SE is the more reason why we should seek to free ourselves from the present day Nigeria because we as Igbos can't hold those leaders to account, when we do Abuja comes to their aid. Look at what happened in Imo state as an example

The poor leadership in the SE is one of the many reasons why we should tread with caution. Europeans will not run the Biafran government. It is better we set things right. You can't have corrupt and unaccountable government in Abia , Anambra , Ebonyi , Enugu ,Imo and you expect the Biafran government to be the benchmark.

In a nutshell , people like Chimamanda are not convinced that independence is the answer.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by Speedy619: 1:48pm On Jan 05, 2021
I just hate this woman
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by shizzle1: 1:53pm On Jan 05, 2021
Kobicove:

If truly you're one of us then you should know that we're Igbos and not Ibos! angry
ehy are some of you so naive? That fool is a degenerate yorooba bastard
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by BigGuava: 1:57pm On Jan 05, 2021
You can work from home as an article writer and a Million Naira while at it

To find out how you can participate in this offer,send a message to the WhatsApp contact on the profile.

This offer is open to both NEW and SEASONED content writer. Do not delay in sending in your application today...

Remember it's write articles from home and earn One Million Naira doing this.........!

Thanks for reading
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by victons(m): 2:00pm On Jan 05, 2021
Op just looking for something to post...
Her words totally contradict the heading.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by Dreambeat: 2:00pm On Jan 05, 2021
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

The poor leadership in the SE is one of the many reasons why we should tread with caution. Europeans will not run the Biafran government. It is better we set things right. You can't have corrupt and unaccountable government in Abia , Anambra , Ebonyi , Enugu ,Imo and you expect the Biafran government to be the benchmark.

In a nutshell , people like Chimamanda are not convinced that independence is the answer.
Don't erroneously think that if Biafra materializes, that the present crop of corrupt leaders in the SE will be at at the helm of affairs. No, they won't. Igbos are over 50 million, surely there are millions of capable Igbos both home and in the diaspora. Don't buy this false narrative by the opposing media that we can't govern ourselves effectively, it is not true. This has always been their game plan since time immemorial. Trust me they know the height we can attain. They will always come up with such junks to dissuade us from reaching out collective goal. Like a couple of Igbos who are still not convinced about the secession project, Chimamanda has the right not to be yet
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jan 05, 2021
EVERYONE! has an agenda - no matter how innocuous... we all support an idea that favors our personal government innately. igbo politicians do, chimamanda does and every nairalander here does. stop making it seem as if you actually care about the community rather than yourselves grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 2:04pm On Jan 05, 2021
gidgiddy:

So what is the alternative? To stay in a failed state that shiws no sign of getting better? Or take the risk and go for a new beginning with Biafra?

We had a working system of government before the military intervention in Nigerian politics. We can adopt that system of government and add some finishing touches to it ....2021 and 1960 no be the same
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by 2020Experience(m): 2:07pm On Jan 05, 2021
Being educated doesn’t mean being wise. She’s simply mad and knows nothing about the Igbos.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by OROSUNBOLB(m): 2:13pm On Jan 05, 2021
Bagehot:

Hmm . . . not necessary. All Omoluabis should be graceful in speech and conduct, both to our friends, and those that think we are their enemies.

What ? You can only be civil with those who understand the meaning of civility. Those guys are a bunch of hotheads who you can't afford to treat like a civilized people.

Haven't you been reading their comments here and in other threads ? Most Igbos here are incapable of having a decent discourse without resulting to name callings and insults especially, when confronted with facts.

Yes, we are Omoluabis,and that's a major reason why these nyanmiri people do get away with most of the dirty stuffs they throw at us. "One Template" has not done anything bad here. He has only been responding to them in the language they best understand.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by CzarChris(m): 2:28pm On Jan 05, 2021
Okoroawusa:
She raised some valid points sha... especially on the way we treat umuada.
I seriously doubt if you are Igbo, because if you are an Igbo man, you would know the monstrous power the umuada welid.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by Okoroawusa: 2:33pm On Jan 05, 2021
CzarChris:
I seriously doubt if you are Igbo, because if you are an Igbo man, you would know the monstrous power the umuada welid.
Did you read her comment up there about how she and her sisters treated at their father's burial?

Mr doubter..

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by Hassanmaye(m): 2:34pm On Jan 05, 2021
EVILFOREST:
I ask, why did she marry dat same "DANGLING ORGAN.? IF she truly addressed MEN as DANGLING ORGANS, then I will I be right if I address Ladies as VACUUMS/ HOLES...since they carry vacuums/HOLES between their thighs, still looking for dangling organs to fill up their vacuums/Holes.
Nonsense.

Issues of Cultural heritage are better discussed with utmost care and regard. IF you choose to insult the MEN, how do you then get to assemble the same MEN ( dangling organs) to look into all these..?

IF you truly uttered this, you have lost all the regard and respect I have for you. U think u can stay in the US and change culture without going back home.
I wonder how you were able to secure the same DANGLING ORGAN for a husband..?
Lol how can she survived without a dangling organ to secure her future and old age? I heard her in the interview saying she prefer a male child than a girl child which means even female themselves prefer male child and give them priority over female child, my advice to this feminists is to humble themselves too to get a husband and come later and be shouting men are scum since they have secured their future too, so that they can continue to deceive the gullibles grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by Ojiofor: 2:34pm On Jan 05, 2021
PatriotExact:

Brother, it didn't start today. Tomorrow (after boycotting elections), those miscreants will still be the ones to cry out that they've been marginalized.

My SouthEastern brothers are really poor in politics. Very very poor.

The miscreants will be screaming 'give us Biafra, we don't want presidency'Who is going to give the mad people Biafra,Fulani or Yoruba president?
The truth is that MNK does not care about the welfare or political development of Igbo people,rather he want marginalisation of SE to continue for him to continue selling his hate gosple to our extremely gullible youths.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by true2god: 2:38pm On Jan 05, 2021
gidgiddy:

Stop talking nonsense. She said that Igbos are not united enough about the Presidency of Nigeria to be talking about Biafra. The question then is, must you be united about about the Presidency of the country you belong to before you agitate for your independence?

Should Scotland have been united about producing the Prime minister of the United kingdom before seeking and getting their 2014 independence referendum?

Should Eriterians have been united about seeking the Presidency of Ethiopia before they agitated about having their independence from Ethiopia?

If Adichie is saying that Igbos are not united enough amongsts themselves to talk or go for Biafra, then there is no point to Nigeria because Nigerians are not united about anything, but still have Nigeria
Great logic!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by gidgiddy: 2:40pm On Jan 05, 2021
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

We had a working system of government before the military intervention in Nigerian politics. We can adopt that system of government and add some finishing touches to it ....2021 and 1960 no be the same

Thats never going to happen, the North likes the current system of government far more than they liked the old system

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Marriage (short Story ) / Okwui Enwezor Dies Of Cancer At 55 / Chimamanda Adichie Celebrates Her 44th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.