Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

Festus Keyamo: EndSARS Promoters Must Be Prosecuted - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Festus Keyamo: EndSARS Promoters Must Be Prosecuted (26001 Views)

Adegboruwa To Keyamo: EndSARS Panels Are Legal, Set Up By the FG Through NEC / #EndSARS Promoters Must Be Punished - Garba Shehu / Gbolahan Macjob: DJ Switch Should Be Prosecuted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Festus Keyamo: EndSARS Promoters Must Be Prosecuted by deantimes(m): 10:27am On Jan 10, 2021
Those who led nationwide protests demanding extensive police reforms with the #EndSARS hashtag must be prosecuted, says Festus Keyamo.

Mr Keyamo, a junior labour and employment minister stated this today while speaking with Peoples Gazette on the recent blockade of the U.S capitol.

Supporters of outgoing president Donald Trump had on Wednesday invaded the parliament in a bid to halt the confirmation of Joe Biden as the next leader of the foreign country.

While the invaders where arrested by the police, Mr Trump’s social media accounts were deactivated after he sent out messages suggesting he supports their actions.

Facebook, Instagram and Twitter said they prohibited Mr Trump from further using their platforms over the latter’s choice of words which are inciting.

For the junior minister, the development has reignited the resolution of President Muhammadu Buhari administration to control free speech in the country.

He also said the administration will not back down on prosecuting arrow heads of the now suspended protest which abruptly ended after military personnel swooped on peaceful demonstrators and opened live rounds on them at the Lekki tollgate, Lagos on October 20.

The protests which began peacefully in some cities turned violent after alleged state sponsored hoodlums were let loose against the peaceful assembly. The government saw the protest as a move aimed at ousting it from power.

“What happened that triggered #EndSARS and cost the nation billions in destruction and human lives was based on a pure lie,” Keyamo told the online news medium but failed to point out the lie.

“In America, those who attacked the Capitol and the person who incited them are being punished. But here in Nigeria, we are calling for those who incited #EndSARS protesters into killing and maiming so many people to be freed. It won’t happen,” he added.

While warning purveyors of hate speech in the country to desist further, the minister said what was meted out to the U.S president serves him right.

“There is always a thin line between free speech and irresponsible and dangerous hate speech. Donald Trump was restricted because he lied and fermented hate speech,” he reckoned.

“Don’t make unfounded claims in Nigeria. If you do, be prepared to defend yourself and be ready to face the consequences,” he added.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/todaypoliticsng.com/endsars-promoters-must-be-prosecuted-keyamo/amp/

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo: EndSARS Promoters Must Be Prosecuted by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:32am On Jan 10, 2021
The same Festus Keyamo of yesteryears

an activist undecided

I never knew a day like this will come

448 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo: EndSARS Promoters Must Be Prosecuted by GamalNasser: 10:36am On Jan 10, 2021
I now agree 100 percent immediately I saw some Endsars activist supporting the prosecution of those that occupied US capitol...The Buhari govt must act fast and make sure those behind the Endsars insurection are brought to book..they cost Nigeria many lives and so much loss of private businesses many who have not recovered till date

46 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo: EndSARS Promoters Must Be Prosecuted by Upton: 10:36am On Jan 10, 2021
Ok
Re: Festus Keyamo: EndSARS Promoters Must Be Prosecuted by Pierocash(m): 10:36am On Jan 10, 2021
shocked shocked

What is Keyamo,is that the name of of a goat or animal?

Sounds like one village in Ghana.

172 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo: EndSARS Promoters Must Be Prosecuted by Nobody: 10:38am On Jan 10, 2021
What happens to boko haram sponsors?
Misplaced priority
Useless sets of idiots

Sometimes, I wish I can just have this supernatural powers to deal ruthlessly with the kids and offsprings of these useless politicians so they too can feel what parents feel daily..

251 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo: EndSARS Promoters Must Be Prosecuted by Odkosh: 10:41am On Jan 10, 2021
We are here, come and prosecute us and have your family members slaughtered.

95 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo: EndSARS Promoters Must Be Prosecuted by Racoon(m): 11:09am On Jan 10, 2021
Festus Keyamo of all people.BH sponsors have never been isolated let alone arrested or prosecuted yet it is harmless protesters demanding accountability from a failed government that are threat.

Even the ones arrested wiring cash out of Nigeria to the UAE were not to be prosecuted by the govt but were even asked to appeal their conviction in that country that came as a result of tracking of their treasonable activities over many years.

Why is #EndSARS their major concern of all the ills that they have bequeathed on this nation? Unthinkable foolishness is pathological inherent in everyone under this useless government.

89 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo: EndSARS Promoters Must Be Prosecuted by ATEAMS: 11:09am On Jan 10, 2021
Because they don't belong to the elite class

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Festus Keyamo: EndSARS Promoters Must Be Prosecuted by Memphis357(m): 11:10am On Jan 10, 2021
Fool!
Why can't the government prosecute those that orchestrated the kidnapping of those school children in Katsina?

Nobody is disturbing the public. Demanding your constitutional rights from the government via a peaceful protest is highly democratic.
Arresting and detaining the protesters and discouraging activism is tyrannical.
Therefore, the perpetrator of such action is a tyrant.

F**k "Buhari"
F**k the APC
F**k the Supporters of APC.

71 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo: EndSARS Promoters Must Be Prosecuted by Incognito403: 11:10am On Jan 10, 2021
GamalNasser:
I now agree 100 percent immediately I saw some Endsars activist supporting the prosecution of those that occupied US capitol...The Buhari govt must act fast and make sure those behind the Endsars insurection are brought to book..they cost Nigeria many lives and so much loss of private businesses many who have not recovered till date

Very very true.

Many multimillionaires have low-key become paupers due to this reckless insurrection.

Yes, SARS did many evils. Yes, our government has done many wrongs. But is this reckless act the solution?

In the end, you killed many struggling citizens like you, you destroyed the investment of many citizens like you. You couldn't even touch the politicians you claimed to be against. What's the difference between your delusion and Boko Haram's foolishness?

I get, you feel justified because you've scored a political point against Tinubu. And that political point is worth any number of lives.

18 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo: EndSARS Promoters Must Be Prosecuted by sulasa07(m): 11:10am On Jan 10, 2021
GamalNasser:
I thought the government said no lives were lost

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Festus Keyamo: EndSARS Promoters Must Be Prosecuted by BoboNogoDie: 11:10am On Jan 10, 2021
This shameless fool.
The EndSARS thing still dey pain this government. Una never see anything. Buharî will not retire in peace because he's a useless fool.

This year, you useless fools will see more than EndSARS, you people will see close to anarchy and revolution unless you start using your brains.

So unfortunate, this guy used to be a reasonable human rights activists but since APCshǐt gave him a role, he traded his brains and sanity for selfish and greedy needs.
That's a typical Nigerian for you.

Shameless old fool.

82 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo: EndSARS Promoters Must Be Prosecuted by uptimum123(m): 11:11am On Jan 10, 2021
No two ways on this...they need to be sent to jail

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo: EndSARS Promoters Must Be Prosecuted by patrotic9gerian: 11:11am On Jan 10, 2021
5tv
Re: Festus Keyamo: EndSARS Promoters Must Be Prosecuted by Saintbiz(m): 11:11am On Jan 10, 2021
Why!
Re: Festus Keyamo: EndSARS Promoters Must Be Prosecuted by handsomeyinka(m): 11:11am On Jan 10, 2021
Festus keyamo's father right now after seeing his son's stupidity

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo: EndSARS Promoters Must Be Prosecuted by Godformeeeeeee: 11:11am On Jan 10, 2021
Wetin Keyamo sniff?
Godforsaken a** licking fool

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo: EndSARS Promoters Must Be Prosecuted by CoolPro222: 11:11am On Jan 10, 2021
Rubbish Talk

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

2 Likes

Re: Festus Keyamo: EndSARS Promoters Must Be Prosecuted by DuBLINGreenb(m): 11:11am On Jan 10, 2021
Shut up your dirty mouth FFK the bubbling fool.

See these Politicians are EVIL they will never address the WHY?

why are the youths protesting? Police maltreatment ok end it (good)

Why do they have time to gather, spend time and money and are willing to inconvenience themselves?

ASUU strike, no job, no electricity, no big brother to keep them busy

Ok let us fix electricity, let us end ASUU strike, let us provide jobs and help grow the entertainment industry to keep them busy

NO WAY, na to witch hunt dem Sabi

Why doesn't FFK say "Federal Government go after Stable electricity?", "Go after corrupt politicians", "Go after Boko haram", "go after killer herdsmen/cultists/drug dealers etc" it is because those people are their people but he is very comfortable attacking Endsars, youths etc becaus she is 100% sure that no youth, no Endsars member or supporter is in his circle of corrupt politicians. He knows non of them cares about the average Nigerian.

As he is now in power, he sees every criticism as an attack.

We should keep quiet and endure everything we get. What a life

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo: EndSARS Promoters Must Be Prosecuted by BestPro772: 11:11am On Jan 10, 2021
Careless talk

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Festus Keyamo: EndSARS Promoters Must Be Prosecuted by EdiskyHarry: 11:11am On Jan 10, 2021
Rubbish, next news

4 Likes

Re: Festus Keyamo: EndSARS Promoters Must Be Prosecuted by Memberclub(m): 11:11am On Jan 10, 2021
GamalNasser:
Shut up abokii

Since Endsarz started people don't get harassed by police unlike before.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo: EndSARS Promoters Must Be Prosecuted by TriCee: 11:11am On Jan 10, 2021
Oga shift jor,
Why do these guys never take the terrorist attacks as serious as they take the less relevant cases?

Are they trying to make Boko haram and herdsmen attacks a norm?

You free Boko haram killers and prosecute protesters? How na?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Festus Keyamo: EndSARS Promoters Must Be Prosecuted by Onepeople: 11:11am On Jan 10, 2021
One of the most useless ministers under this administration.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo: EndSARS Promoters Must Be Prosecuted by patrotic9gerian: 11:11am On Jan 10, 2021
Wiseandtrue:
The same Festus Keyamo of yesteryears

an activist undecided

I never knew a day like this will come

That is what money and greed does to a man. It destroys your conscience and make you side with evil so that you can sustain the riches that are perishable. He is not the only one whom I dearly admired but has totally lost respect for. Another of his kind is Femi Adesina that tries to play the loyalty game to Mr incompetent President so as to remain wealthy and relevant at the expenses of the suffering masses.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo: EndSARS Promoters Must Be Prosecuted by handsomeyinka(m): 11:11am On Jan 10, 2021
Pierocash:
shocked shocked

What is Keyamo,is that the name of of a goat or animal?

Sounds like one village in Ghana.
Festus Keyamo is a name of a person, animal,place or thing.
But he needs to download more sense cos his brain is low on megabyte right now.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo: EndSARS Promoters Must Be Prosecuted by ecolime(m): 11:11am On Jan 10, 2021
I concur

When Donald Trump supporters overrun the Capitol, we were calling for his head because he was the arrowhead of rally.

These were people that didn't loot or burn down facilities. They had every right to peaceful protest but the fanatics among them messed it up.

BACK HOME
The fallout of the ENDSARS was looting, chaos and anarchy. All those that championed the protests too must be made to pay for what the bad eggs did.

Fair and square.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Festus Keyamo: EndSARS Promoters Must Be Prosecuted by 2020Experience(m): 11:12am On Jan 10, 2021
You are simply a mad man but your family doesn’t want to tell you the truth.

7 Likes

Re: Festus Keyamo: EndSARS Promoters Must Be Prosecuted by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 10, 2021
Old vultures

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Festus Keyamo: EndSARS Promoters Must Be Prosecuted by kambili999(f): 11:12am On Jan 10, 2021
This man again...

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ganduje: Why Governors Are Afraid Of Signing Death Warrants / Pictures From Kwankwaso's Campaign In Gaya Local Government Yesterday / Thugs Invade Polling Units In Ogbomoso, Seize Thumb-printed Ballot Papers, Boxes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.