Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed (32675 Views)

Yoruba Efura Igbo War Have Started Oo / Tinubu To Lawan: "You Can Easily lick Your Wounds" / MURIC: June 12 Protesters Are Ungrateful & rebellious, after been 'healed' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by tutudesz: 4:31pm On Jan 14, 2021
Conrod:
"Niger delta" as if igbos are not part of the niger delta,infact the largest.
Were the Igbo people of Niger Delta killed by Biafran troop

1 Like

Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by Redcrafton: 4:31pm On Jan 14, 2021
anonymous1759:

I was happy that man got spanked . Am not a supporter of politicians but stop blaming the entire Nigeria for your woes .

I've spent significant years in the East and their federal roads are bullcrap but their leaders are given allocation where did the money go to?
Truth to be Told Biafran Governors are the most corrupt they milk their people to the last.

Gandollar is far better than then . Biafra might not last for a year if these same set of leaders are made to occupy offices when they finally get it.

We are not talking of state allocation. Best roads in the east are state roads.

We are talking of infrastructures other regions are getting for free. Power plants, Gas, roads, rail and airport.

Why must SE struggle, beg to get same?.

Biafra will be better because those leaders will be held responsible and will have no place to run to.

Today they will run to Abuja.

4 Likes

Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by ggood: 4:33pm On Jan 14, 2021
Redcrafton:

It has been healed but tolling 2nd Niger bridge but never 3rd mainland bridge?

It as been healed with the SE never produced some top positions in the country?

It has been healed while other regions have functional airport but not the SE?

Your sense of justice is amazing. But you need to see a doctor for rationality checks.
that's true sometimes I use to pity South East, no airport and other federal government infrastructure

1 Like

Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by samdunzo: 4:33pm On Jan 14, 2021
tutudesz:

Hopefully they can fix it, but trust is one big issue

True. The problem now is that whatsoever sense of "unity" the country had has been destroyed, now everybody will feel empowered to pursue an ethnic agenda at the expense of the country. That's probably why the North is so hesitant to agree to zoning to the south
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by 2016easy2017: 4:36pm On Jan 14, 2021
Redcrafton:
By Nwafor Sunday

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/01/wounds-of-the-civil-war-have-not-been-healed-matthew-hassan-kukah/

Don't worry. This is not about religion. You said the right thing everyone is afraid to say. No MUSLIM would support them over you except the
perverts
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by Donspicey: 4:36pm On Jan 14, 2021
Tofax:
There're some history that don't need to be told.
How can you tell the story of the Asaba massacre, the land and sea blocked propelled by Obafemi Awolowo which lead to the starvation of millions of children to death without waking up old injuries. Abeg,lets bury the history.

And if i may ask:Can dat history ever be forgotten

After the war instead of things to fall in place for peace to reign...unfortunately same issues dat caused the war is still playing out today.....

How long will it take us to realise dat we dont even know where we are heading to in this country

Everything seems so messed up....

I SMH......
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 14, 2021
BabaOwen:
Can you tell me the name of the International airport located in the North Central states? grin

An airport has been built in Enugu, so all this Una tears nah just like babies tears. In 2023, Igbos won't be handed the presidency, you will fight it out with other tribes.

Don't even go there, a contract was awarded for feasibility studies on how to add a second runway to an underperforming airport in the North while that of Enugu has been under construction for over 5 years now.
one of the top 5 busiest airport in Nigeria can't handle international flights -just because it's in the East and funny enough , there is no plan to change that.
Should we talk of railways ? Nigerian civil service ? or even political appointments? A governor in the East even declared publicly while commissioning a road that the people of his state should know that they are alone as long as federal government impact is concerned.
I for one am happy with the situation cause it making some of our brothers realise that even if the forget where they are from, Nigeria won't.

1 Like

Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by bigfish3k: 4:38pm On Jan 14, 2021
BabaOwen:
It has been healed.
Nigeria didn't do any bad thing against the Biafrans.

There is no country in the world were someone will just rise and say he is taking is region/people out of the country the way ojukwu did, and it won't lead to war.

When Ironsi was the head of state of Nigeria, Isaac Adaka Boro decided his people are been marginalise in the Eastern region, so he declared the Niger Delta region as an independent country.

War was declared on Boro and his men by Maj. Gen. Ironsi. Col. Ojukwu should have learnt from Boro ordeal.
So what you rigmaroled up there shows that the wound has been healed
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by MakyavelitheDon(m): 4:39pm On Jan 14, 2021
johnmartus:
Can this man shut up for some while. Not only you in this country.

You don't understand what he's saying doesn't mean you should tell him to shut up. He is speaking from a historical point of view and is making a lot of sense. It's unfortunate younand I Might it be able to have a conversation outside of this forum, I would have elaborated further on what he means. Then maybe you would understand the importance of history in this process called nation building

1 Like

Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by tutudesz: 4:39pm On Jan 14, 2021
samdunzo:

True. The problem now is that whatsoever sense of "unity" the country had has been destroyed, now everybody will feel empowered to pursue an ethnic agenda at the expense of the country. That's probably why the North is so hesitant to agree to zoning to the south
Miyetti Allah and IPOB constant insults on Ethnic leaders contributed to the trust issue ahead of 2023.

1 Like

Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by emezuo17: 4:39pm On Jan 14, 2021
tutudesz:

I should show you my 2 uncle's that were killed by Biafran troop in delta You see why nobody trust Igbos, you will never agree that Biafran troop killed innocent Niger Deltans undecided but you want the world to believe Nigeria troops killed innocent Igbos.
. Your two uncle's were killed by Biafra soldiers in Delta? My guy ask your father again, the igbos in Delta suffered 99.99% of the casualties in that war and they were not killed by Biafra soldiers, I don't know your tribe in Delta but I will advise you to go back and ask your father to tell you the truth.

4 Likes

Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 14, 2021
Lessons of the civil war have not been learned either.
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by bigfish3k: 4:40pm On Jan 14, 2021
johnmartus:
Can this man shut up for some while. Not only you in this country.
Are you enjoying the killings?

1 Like

Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by Nato008(m): 4:41pm On Jan 14, 2021
Tofax:
There're some history that don't need to be told.
How can you tell the story of the Asaba massacre, the land and sea blocked propelled by Obafemi Awolowo which lead to the starvation of millions of children to death without waking up old injuries. Abeg,lets bury the history.
how can u bury the past without first dealing with it....is like running from ur shadow.

1 Like

Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by sokera: 4:41pm On Jan 14, 2021
Redcrafton:

Take your lame ranting away.

Igbos were in PDP for 16years.

Where in NPN for years...So where were they playing bitter politics in their houses?

They formed PDP that gave Obasanjo a chance while from Kuje prision.

People like you are evil and dangerous to relate with.

You are now exposed and literally shamed for your plain treachery.
you should be ashamed of yourself for saying igbos they gave OBJ a chance, go and check records and see how igbos rejected and never voted for Ojukwu ... The great Ojukwu formed a political party but his people never supported the man instead they supported PDP a party formed by Fulani/ Hausa ppl ... useless people a man who fought for their freedom connected against Obasanjo and they still voted and supported OBJ ... now they are shooting marginalization... bitter politics is not good

2 Likes

Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by anonymous1759(m): 4:41pm On Jan 14, 2021
Redcrafton:

We are not talking of state allocation. Best roads in the east are state roads.

We are talking of infrastructures other regions are getting for free. Power plants, Gas, roads, rail and airport.

Why must SE struggle, beg to get same?

says who other Regions don't struggle to get projects ?
The North tries all its best to cling to power for what ?
The answer is rhetoric. The South west are doing the same too .
Because of one thing development.

That's the only way you can get it at ease but your leaders still receive allocations too .

IGBOs claim smartness and allow North to use them under PDP for 16 years. I don't see any Marginalization what I see is . Weak and selfish leaders from the South East and poor political strategy.

We've limited honey If you want one fight for it.
The southeast can be very good in business but politically they're zero.

1 Like

Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by bigfish3k: 4:43pm On Jan 14, 2021
BabaOwen:
Ojukwu declared the eastearn region as an independent country, Gowon declared war on Ojukwu and his men. This was the way Boro declared the Niger Delta as an independent country, and Ironsi also declared war on Boro and his men.

Ojukwu should have seced under Ironsi.
So we should continue this way because of Ojukwu or ironsi mistakes. Mtchew
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by Niceman4u(m): 4:43pm On Jan 14, 2021
He is absolutely correct. The wounds have not been healed.
There is no pretence about it.

1 Like

Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by Redcrafton: 4:45pm On Jan 14, 2021
sokera:
you should be ashamed of yourself for saying igbos they gave OBJ a chance, go and check records and see how igbos rejected and never voted for Ojukwu ... The great Ojukwu formed a political party but his people never supported the man instead they supported PDP a party formed by Fulani/ Hausa ppl ... useless people a man who fought for their freedom connected against Obasanjo and they still voted and supported OBJ ...

You are not intelligent...

You said they played politics in their houses and I showed you they played central politics and there you went ranting without reasoning.

Please find another lies to support your greed.

1 Like

Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by Tekrify(m): 4:45pm On Jan 14, 2021
The fair truth is that more than 70 percent of African countries were made with the same process..you can't say their end will come sooner....
The issue with Nigeria is the structure in which it was formed...for true healing to start that structure needs to change.. Nigeria isn't the problem..it structure that governs it is the problem that why ever region including the main benefactor agrees that there is a big need for restructuring
Never4getU:
Shut the Bleep up!

Which country? Is Nigeria a country? Nigeria is a nation within nation, people were brought together against their consent and will and u are saying they should never demand their right when they no longer feel at ease.

Which country or nation won't put session clause in it's constitution? U think people are happy in this contraption called Nigeria? No! Whether now or later the end will surely come
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by sokera: 4:45pm On Jan 14, 2021
anonymous1759:

That's the only way you can get it at ease but your leaders still receive allocations too .

IGBOs claim smartness and allow North to use them under PDP for 16 years. I don't see any Marginalization what I see is . Weak and selfish leaders from the South East and poor political strategy.

you just speak my mind ... God bless you
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by bigfish3k: 4:45pm On Jan 14, 2021
anonymous1759:

Fight for it.
Do you mean another civil war the way boko haram is fighting for theirs
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by tutudesz: 4:47pm On Jan 14, 2021
emezuo17:
. Your two uncle's were killed by Biafra soldiers in Delta? My guy ask your father again, the igbos in Delta suffered 99.99% of the casualties in that war and they were not killed by Biafra soldiers, I don't know your tribe in Delta but I will advise you to go back and ask your father to tell you the truth.
To tell me the truth undecided that when Biafran troops that were withdrawing from Delta didn't kill Fishermen in Bomadi That Ijaws were not targeted because of Major Boro undecided

1 Like

Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by sokera: 4:47pm On Jan 14, 2021
Redcrafton:

You are not intelligent...

You said they played politics in their houses and I showed you they played central politics and there you went ranting without reasoning.

Please find another lies to support your greed.
you are dull , I am trying to educate you that politics should be played from home and grass root , you expect Tinibu to go to east and supporter Peter Obi against Osibanjo? You are weak in brain ... what happened to Ojukwu ? Did your people voted for him or supported his party ?

1 Like

Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by Redcrafton: 4:48pm On Jan 14, 2021
anonymous1759:

I see it as systemic failure and sustained punishment by the FG.

Like the reverend rightly said, the civil war is till on going.
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by MondayOsunbor(m): 4:49pm On Jan 14, 2021
BabaOwen:
It has been healed.

There is no country in the world were someone will just rise and say he is taking is region/people out of the country the way ojukwu did, and it won't lead to war.

When Ironsi was the head of state of Nigeria, Isaac Adaka Boro decided his people are been marginalise in the Eastern region, so he declared the Niger Delta region as an independent country.

War was declared on Boro and his men by Maj. Gen. Ironsi. Col. Ojukwu should have learnt from Boro ordeal.
apc

zombie
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by Nato008(m): 4:49pm On Jan 14, 2021
BabaOwen:
Lol... Where is your evidence? See, your propaganda no go work for me.

Hausas killed Igbos, and Igbos retaliated in the east.
when u talk like this I get angry really....a simple google on history books will shut ur mouth but nope....try to google on the events leading to the war....on every acct it says the same thing
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by kayjay69(m): 4:50pm On Jan 14, 2021
I am curious to know what significant investment did Tinubu's alliance with Buhari bring to Southwest Nigeria.

I am not referring to political contracts that benefit loyal party members, I am asking of projects that benefit the average Southwesterner. Please be truthful and direct in your response, thanks.
anonymous1759:

No one is marginalizing the IGBOs except themselves stop spewing thrash . You've representative in all spheres of government hold them accountable And end this self pity attitude.

IGBOs held key positions under GEJ what did they do?
Tinubu ditched his party 2011 for GEJ and got nothing for the SW . Then you guys ( IGBOs ) where happy with him .

By 2015 aside from Tinubu's selfish interest he fought for his people and join hands in booting GEJ out you guys hate him since then . But the truth is that Tinibu alliance with Buhari brought some significant investment in the Southwest
Hold your leaders accountable .
If you want Biafra so be it
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by Redcrafton: 4:51pm On Jan 14, 2021
sokera:
you are dull , I am trying to educate you that politics should be played from home and grass root , you expect Tinibu to go to east and supporter Peter Obi against Osibanjo? You are weak in brain ... what happened to Ojukwu ? Did your people voted for him or supported his party ?

You are now changing the narrative after being drawn to your treachery.

Igbos are different, they didn't support Ojukwu because he had no chance of going through.

It would have been the same tribal bigot like you that will say, that Igbos voted their kinsman even when he had no chance.

You are too slow.
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by VictorUSA(m): 4:52pm On Jan 14, 2021
Nigerians should be UNITED in "LOVE" and not the divided nation we are today.
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by itu404(m): 4:56pm On Jan 14, 2021
BabaOwen:
It has been healed.

thank you my brother... bishop is heating the polity unnecessary ... let his superior call him to order, aint no way to start the new year, i beg!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Femi Adesina: I Stopped Attending A Church Because Pastor Always Attacked Buhari / Ifa Worshippers Offer To Fight Boko Haram / Gumsu Abacha Exposes Husband-Snatcher Trying To Snatch' Her Billionaire Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.