Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed (32683 Views)

Yoruba Efura Igbo War Have Started Oo / Tinubu To Lawan: "You Can Easily lick Your Wounds" / MURIC: June 12 Protesters Are Ungrateful & rebellious, after been 'healed' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jan 14, 2021
nku5:

Did Ironsi kill 3,000,000 ppl like Gowon did?
Ojukwu was losing the war, there was no hope especially after the 2nd and 3rd marine Division started attacking from the south, he should have surrender earlier than he did. If he surrender early, millions of Igbos won't have died.
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by tutudesz: 5:24pm On Jan 14, 2021
undecided
VictorUSA:
SHARRAP
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by samdunzo: 5:25pm On Jan 14, 2021
tutudesz:

I remember which Yoruba leader said, Federalism means different thing to different region.
The South South See's resource Control has ture federalism
The South West See's resource control, state police, and reducing the federal government power has ture federalism
The South East want the return the Eastern (adding SS) has ture federalism
So different meaning

True. However, what we know is that all southerners agree that the federation is faulty. Its up to our brothers up North to see the light
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by tutudesz: 5:25pm On Jan 14, 2021
bigfish3k:

So why are you watching fulani herdsmen rape and kill you now
Biafran troop started it

1 Like

Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by VictorUSA(m): 5:25pm On Jan 14, 2021
Onepeople:
you are very stupid for commenting like a child with high level of insensitivity,show some respect to the innocent people that lost their lives wether from biafran or Nigeria.
Are you okay ?
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by Onepeople: 5:29pm On Jan 14, 2021
tutudesz:

What about the wounds of Niger Delta What about those killed by Biafran troop in Niger Delta undecided
the so called Niger delta have over clouded themselves with hatred for igbos, is making it difficult for them to understand that, they are suffering the same thing igboman is calling about, marginalisation from the federal is visible in Niger delta region but their hatred for igboman will not allow them to agitate.
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by emperor863(m): 5:30pm On Jan 14, 2021
Tofax:
There're some history that don't need to be told.
How can you tell the story of the Asaba massacre, the land and sea blocked propelled by Obafemi Awolowo which lead to the starvation of millions of children to death without waking up old injuries. Abeg,lets bury the history.

May the Lord heal all grieving hearts. The civil war was an unfortunate episode in our history and development.

We should do all within our means to prevent such in the future.
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by tutudesz: 5:31pm On Jan 14, 2021
samdunzo:

True. However, what we know is that all southerners agree that the federation is faulty. Its up to our brothers up North to see the light
The only reason the North is afraid is because of monthly allocation. Believe me if there was no monthly allocation, Nigeria would've been practicing True federalism since.
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 14, 2021
samdunzo:

The North cannot see any light. They use Nigeria wealth to develop Niger and Chad Republics.
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by Prosperchuks1344(m): 5:34pm On Jan 14, 2021
tutudesz:

Who Killed who 1st? Which Way You invaded someone else land and you want them to watch you rape and kill their people undecided

ijaws and other minority tribes joined the Nigerian forces to fight against the biafrans and that's a fact...

just like you said, who killed who first? and I think you should be the one to ans that question... coz the Nigerian troops and your ijaw brothers were the first ppl that invaded our region... we fought back and invaded your land as you claimed...
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by tutudesz: 5:35pm On Jan 14, 2021
Onepeople:
the so called Niger delta have over clouded themselves with hatred for igbos, is making it difficult for them to understand that, they are suffering the same thing igboman is calling about, marginalisation from the federal is visible in Niger delta region but their hatred for igboman will not allow them to agitate.
We started the agitation and the Igbo backstabbed us and when it's was biafra time, they killed innocent people.
Why not find out why the Niger Delta people hate Igbo 1st And tell me if you were in their shoes you wouldn't have the same hatred

1 Like

Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by tutudesz: 5:38pm On Jan 14, 2021
Prosperchuks1344:

ijaws and other minority tribes joined the Nigerian forces to fight against the biafrans and that's a fact...

just like you said, who killed who first? and I think you should be the one to ans that question... coz the Nigerian troops and your ijaw brothers were the first ppl that invaded our region... we fought back and invaded your land as you claimed...
When Boro declared Niger Delta Republic, who killed the Ijaws fighters What was Ojukwu order Did the Igbos support Us

1 Like

Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by bigfish3k: 5:41pm On Jan 14, 2021
anonymous1759:

I meant playing systematic politics not with Emotions.
If the country is structured fine.
No region will need systematic politics to survive.
We are not all blessed the same way. Everybody should be carried along irrespective of the regions deficiencies the same way the north was carried along in academics through quota system
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by Awoleesu(m): 5:42pm On Jan 14, 2021
My take on the Nigeria/Biafra issue is that since the war, the country has been technically divided. Unfortunately, dishonesty was enthroned and only the dishonest ones continued to run the affairs of the nation while honest men either folded their arms or simply walked away!

Now, talking about 'dishonesty', it started from that slogan by Gowon - No Victor, no Vanquished! Events unfolded in clarity and records bore accounts of a defeat, nay a surrendering... does Gowon in his juvenile wisdom then think he was massaging anyone's ego by that singular pronouncement?

Talking about the 'National Reconciliation' move by the FG under same Gowon, another act of dishonesty was exhibited! How can you proclaim reconciliation (following a surrender) and still refuse to allow full fledged collaboration and integration? If you had truly reconciled the rebelling party, why do you find it 'abominable' to have them rise to any national prominence on the platform of governance? If you tell the offender "your sins are forgiven" his natural expectation would be that he has been restored to the 'sinless' status...

To claim the wounds of the civil war has healed is the height of national dishonesty! Even here on Nairaland, the forum is replete with invectives bearing all strains of the vengeful and the arrogant! Let me be clear, if we want the wounds of the civil war to ever heal ( which would be the best thing for us all), the Hausa and Yoruba egoists should drop their arrogance (an attitude stemming from the backlash of that dishonest claim ; no victor, no vanquished - else why do these two parties get the fuel for their superiority complex from?). It is more honorable for the Hausa and Yoruba groups to first be magnanimous ( having being the aggressors) than to expect the 'defeated' Igbos to continue to lavish in a superficial yet punitive "national reconciliation" that has perpetually deprived her equal opportunities on the national table!

When the Hausa and Yoruba groups drop their political arrogance, then they can expect the Igbos to be assuaged of their vengefulness!

For as long as this national dishonesty continues, arrogance will always beget arrogance and the wound cannot heal.
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by bigfish3k: 5:43pm On Jan 14, 2021
anonymous1759:

Who bring federal presence to a state ? Are they not representatives from your state ?

If you hold any key position in Nigeria I'm sure your community or house hold will benefit from it . That's what your representatives are failing to do and blame the federal government like they're not part of the FEC council
The final approval for anything lies with the president which the igbos have not produced.
No country develops this way.
The country is in for a long thing
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by Emyogalanya: 5:43pm On Jan 14, 2021
In as much as what he said is true this speech is simply political. Nobody should play igbos as his pawns. I'm a catholic but my dear bishop face the north and muslims. Your christmas message was in perfect order, you are only calling in the civil war and biafra into your fight to defend you now that the muslim north have given you quit notice. You only want to draw us in by using the civil war sentiments. Cos you know many of us are mostly catholic christians. Do not worry we are behind you as catholic, and as christians but pls leave us with our wounds. When its time to heal its going to be a political healing not a religious healing. The war was physical not spiritual
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by bigfish3k: 5:44pm On Jan 14, 2021
tutudesz:

Biafran troop started it
And you allowed fulani continue it.
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by tutudesz: 5:48pm On Jan 14, 2021
bigfish3k:

And you allowed fulani continue it.
Continue how Have heard of any fulanis killing again in Delta state

1 Like

Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by bigfish3k: 5:50pm On Jan 14, 2021
tutudesz:

When Boro declared Niger Delta Republic, who killed the Ijaws fighters What was Ojukwu order Did the Igbos support Us
Ijaws wound has been healed.
We need a healing for the igbos
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by Prosperchuks1344(m): 5:52pm On Jan 14, 2021
Buccalcavity2:

Awesome. So why whip up sentiments for igbos. It was a war. Biafrans see federal troops as enemy and vice versa. Your soldiers killed civilians and soldiers, thesame happened from the other side. So what the f*** are you saying? If Biafrans didnt stand in their way they wouldn't have been killed.....no apologies. You lost. Face the consequences of your actions.

who is whopping up sentiments for the Igbos? your soldiers invaded our land, they killed, raped and massacred innocent civilians, and I don't think it's on record that Biafran troops killed any civilian...
so shut the fuckup!

we didn't loose the war, the feds succeeded in bringing us back to this God forsaken country coz of the useless tactics they used on us but the Gallant Biafran soldiers won the War... so get that into your skull boy!!
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by tutudesz: 5:52pm On Jan 14, 2021
bigfish3k:

Ijaws wound has been healed.
We need a healing for the igbos
Ijaws wounds healed how
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by etrouble: 5:53pm On Jan 14, 2021
Scars don’t disappear. The scars will be there to remind them that you don’t slap your father’s mates. Anyone that is still aggrieved should pick up arms again.

However, if you see any blood sucking herdsman anywhere in the South, use him for money rituals, don’t let his head waste away. Even if it is Niger Republic or Mali or Togo or Chad’s currency it will produce depending on where the herdsman is from.
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by Paretomaster1(m): 5:55pm On Jan 14, 2021
Redcrafton:
Those who say the wound has been healed...

Can they mention one federal investment in the entire east?

Those who will mention uncompleted Enugu airport and tolled 2nd Niger bridge should be ashamed in advance.

I blame all these on the slavish leaders from the region, who don't know how to fight their rights.

I think the North should be the one claimimg old wound, you killed their revered leaders... Sardauna, Tafawa Balewa etc.

Any other thing that befell una, na your afowofa..

1 Like

Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by bigfish3k: 5:55pm On Jan 14, 2021
tutudesz:

We started the agitation and the Igbo backstabbed us and when it's was biafra time, they killed innocent people.
Why not find out why the Niger Delta people hate Igbo 1st And tell me if you were in their shoes you wouldn't have the same hatred
My happiness is that we are suffering it together to the enjoyment of the fulani.
Since you people don't want to have sense
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by tutudesz: 5:57pm On Jan 14, 2021
bigfish3k:

My happiness is that we are suffering it together to the enjoyment of the fulani.
Since you people don't want to have sense
Guy undecided
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by anonymous1759(m): 5:59pm On Jan 14, 2021
bigfish3k:

The final approval for anything lies with the president which the igbos have not produced.
No country develops this way.
The country is in for a long thing

How many projects has been presented by the South East governors / minister that has been rejected by the president?
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by bigfish3k: 6:00pm On Jan 14, 2021
tutudesz:

Continue how Have heard of any fulanis killing again in Delta state
So you mean that they have stopped. OK thats fine.

So have you also heard of any igbo killing again in Delta State?
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by Prosperchuks1344(m): 6:00pm On Jan 14, 2021
tutudesz:

stop shifting the goal post Mr!!!!

who and who makes up the so called Niger delta republic? name them for me...
by tribe....
And how many of them supported the idea...
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by etrouble: 6:00pm On Jan 14, 2021
Redcrafton:
Those who say the wound has been healed...

Can they mention one federal investment in the entire east?

Those who will mention uncompleted Enugu airport and tolled 2nd Niger bridge should be ashamed in advance.

I blame all these on the slavish leaders from the region, who don't know how to fight their rights.

So it is also Northerners and Yorubas that stopped your adopted son Goatluck Jonaddaft from investing in the South East.

Alex Ekwueme that was shamelessly VP to a primary school semi literate teacher called Sheu Shagari nko? Was it also Yorubas that stopped Ekwueme from influencing his Almajari boss to invest in South East or can’t you see Professor Osinbajo’s influence in infrastructure in Yoruba land?

What about all the Igbos that served in Obasanjo’s Ibo made government? What was/is their impact on South East apart from looting for their children’s children.

Only fools blame others for their misfortunes.

Meanwhile, if you pick up arms against the Federal Republic, we will repeat the 1967 to 1970 treatment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by bigfish3k: 6:03pm On Jan 14, 2021
tutudesz:

Ijaws wounds healed how
That is what I am trying to point out to you people. That our division is their strength to manipulate and treat us anyhow.

The igbos and the Ijaws are suffering the same fate in Nigeria but you people refuse to cooperate for emancipation of our people instead you you find pleasure in mocking igbos who are in the same shoes with you
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by anonymous1759(m): 6:04pm On Jan 14, 2021
bigfish3k:

If the country is structured fine.
No region will need systematic politics to survive.
We are not all blessed the same way. Everybody should be carried along irrespective of the regions deficiencies the same way the north was carried along in academics through quota system

I get your point . But Northern leaders fight for their people to be carried along . You see how their organization always fight if they sense any fowl play from other Regions to their people.

I'll blame the IGBOs Reps who don't speak with one voice .
Nigeria has not developed to that stage where you just sit and things will fall in place for you .
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by walozanga(m): 6:06pm On Jan 14, 2021
johnmartus:
Can this man shut up for some while. Not only you in this country.

i pity people like u that dont have a voice of their own. learn to speak up

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Presidential Response To State House Clinic / Unknown Gunmen Attack Campaign Train In Anambra, Set Vehicles Ablaze (Pictures) / Femi Aribisala Asks Zahra Buhari A Question Over Aso Rock Clinic Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.