Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed (32677 Views)

Yoruba Efura Igbo War Have Started Oo / Tinubu To Lawan: "You Can Easily lick Your Wounds" / MURIC: June 12 Protesters Are Ungrateful & rebellious, after been 'healed' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by bigfish3k: 6:06pm On Jan 14, 2021
anonymous1759:

How many projects has been presented by the South East governors / minister that has been rejected by the president?
Do you attend FEC meetings with them.
A minister is an appointee who treads carefully.
I repeat everything stops at the president tables.

Please find out why former governor Sam mbakwe of Imo State was called the weeping governor.
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by Prosperchuks1344(m): 6:07pm On Jan 14, 2021
tutudesz:

We started the agitation and the Igbo backstabbed us and when it's was biafra time, they killed innocent people.
Why not find out why the Niger Delta people hate Igbo 1st And tell me if you were in their shoes you wouldn't have the same hatred

who are those Niger delta ppl and how many of them did the Igbos killed?

we both fought the war, you had your revenge by joining the federal troops to get back at us..
and I don't even know if the story is true...

so pls stay with your hatred while we go on with our lives... we hate nobody that's why we prosper wherever we go.. so keep hating.
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by bigfish3k: 6:09pm On Jan 14, 2021
anonymous1759:

I get your point . But Northern leaders fight for their people to be carried along . You see how their organization always fight if they sense any fowl play from other Regions to their people.

I'll blame the IGBOs Reps who don't speak with one voice .
Nigeria has not developed to that stage where you just sit and things will fall in place for you .
It is doable now.
We can't continue postponing our prosperity that we can get now like other countries.

If nigeria is not restructured, we can never develop.
I repeat, we can never develop
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by samdunzo: 6:13pm On Jan 14, 2021
tutudesz:

The only reason the North is afraid is because of monthly allocation. Believe me if there was no monthly allocation, Nigeria would've been practicing True federalism since.

True. I really hope we are getting ready for the post- oil era tho, else wahala dey once oil finishes
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by samdunzo: 6:14pm On Jan 14, 2021
babaolofin:

The North cannot see any light. They use Nigeria wealth to develop Niger and Chad Republics.

How can there be any development when most of the populace is poor and uneducated? you see why their plans wont work
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by anonymous1759(m): 6:16pm On Jan 14, 2021
bigfish3k:

Do you attend FEC meetings with them.
A minister is an appointee who treads carefully.
I repeat everything stops at the president tables.

Please find out why former governor Sam mbakwe of Imo State was called the weeping governor.

I'll research. If minsters thread carefully what about Governors ? You only made mention of one name. What are the rest doing ? Are they not seeing the injustice?
It's not fair to heap the all blame on the presidency.

Every state receive allocation for both state and federal projects. Under GEJ how many projects did he assign to the South East? Was anything hindering the South East then ?
All the key appointments was allocated to you guys . Petroleum , finance the list is long .
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by Deadlytruth(m): 6:16pm On Jan 14, 2021
Racoon:
[s][/s]People have the right to assert their self independence if they are not comfortable with a union. Even in families, not everyone agrees with decisions made on your behalf.

The Northern & Western Nigeria wanted to secede from the Nigerian entity in July 1966 until Britain & America counselled them against it because they will benefit more from a fraudulent unified Nigeria.Now, 60years thereafter see where we are as a so called nation.

The forced amalgamation of Nigeria was signed on out behalf by few people who did not take our opinions into consideration as indicated by the below report;
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/12/how-to-kill-skin-and-bury-a-country/amp/

The former USSR, Yugoslavia-Serbia, Sudan/South Sudan etc are some examples to tell you that unity is not by force.Today, Britain have left the EU.Hence you can't force people into a union they are not interested in because “Unity without verity, is no better than conspiracy.” according to John Trapp(An English philosopher).

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/buhari-backs-western-sahara-on-self-determination-from-morocco/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Meanwhile, above is your demigod supporting another country to secede from the other but same & his clique are tell us that "Nigeria's unity is non-negotiable." See the hypocrisy?

Azikiwe your brother invented the idea and slogan that the unity of Nigeria is perpetual and non-negotiable but you people never condemn him in all your diatribes against the forced union. Secondly Ojukwu and Ironsi, your brothers again, used the federal military might of one Nigeria to stop Isaac Adaka Boro from seceding from Nigeria. But you still don't ever mention this in your narrative against the forced union. Why this dishonesty?
If anything you Igbos carry 99% of the blame for what Nigeria has become today.

6 Likes

Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by tutudesz: 6:16pm On Jan 14, 2021
samdunzo:

True. I really hope we are getting ready for the post- oil era tho, else wahala dey once oil finishes
Post-oil doesn't exist in Nigeria Government, they are even investing more to find oil up north. The VP was even saying, we need to increase production regardless of the cost some days ago.
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by Wiifesnatcher(m): 6:18pm On Jan 14, 2021
politics aside, Bishop Kukah is right. I watched the documentary of the civil war, I listen to the Aburi accord, the first coup to the killing of millions of Igbo but I tried not to blame anyone because the blame will be full of biasness

the first coup brought the political breach of trust between the Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa and injustice of not prosecuting the coupist led the road to the civil war. Hausa and Yoruba felt cheated with the shielding of the coupist

the unfortunate thing is that, this injustice is happening in this Democratic govt, both Yoruba and Igbo who are both stakeholders in this country have being made to be a second class citizen just because of their greedy leaders who are satisfied with their embezzlement instead of demanding of equity

I'm repeating again that Quota system is a sin against humanity, many Northerners that are someone today wouldn't have been if Yoruba and Igbo leaders go against this quota system

Northerners used quota system to hijacked all sectors from the most learned tribes all because of their diplomatics but to what end?

I think we should all go back to that round table to redress our togetherness, there can't be development and progress In a country full of injustice, bias and quota system

3 Likes

Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by anonymous1759(m): 6:19pm On Jan 14, 2021
bigfish3k:

It is doable now.
We can't continue postponing our prosperity that we can get now like other countries.

If nigeria is not restructured, we can never develop.
I repeat, we can never develop

If the criminal code can be restructured in the constitution we're good to go.
Death penalty for abuse of public office or misappropriation of funds will do the whole resetting .
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by P1PrinceKT(m): 6:19pm On Jan 14, 2021
Redcrafton:
Those who say the wound has been healed...

Can they mention one federal investment in the entire east?

Those who will mention uncompleted Enugu airport and tolled 2nd Niger bridge should be ashamed in advance.

I blame all these on the slavish leaders from the region, who don't know how to fight their rights.

All these your population on Nairaland and Islamic condemnation together with Fulani cursing is not enough for you as #RightFighting ??
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by tutudesz: 6:20pm On Jan 14, 2021
Prosperchuks1344:

who are those Niger delta ppl and how many of them did the Igbos killed?

we both fought the war, you had your revenge by joining the federal troops to get back at us..
and I don't even know if the story is true...

so pls stay with your hatred while we go on with our lives... we hate nobody that's why we prosper wherever we go.. so keep hating.
If the federal government can admit their wrong during the war, I see no reason Ojukwu couldn't admit is wrong too. Apologizing for the killing of innocent Niger Deltans would healed the wounds.

1 Like

Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by samdunzo: 6:25pm On Jan 14, 2021
tutudesz:

Post-oil doesn't exist in Nigeria Government, they are even investing more to find oil up north. The VP was even saying, we need to increase production regardless of the cost some days ago.

He was talking about gas. Only a fool would believe we can continue to rely on oil. And even with gas, it wont bring in enough revenue to sustain a country of 300 million+
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by Onepeople: 6:26pm On Jan 14, 2021
tutudesz:

We started the agitation and the Igbo backstabbed us and when it's was biafra time, they killed innocent people.
Why not find out why the Niger Delta people hate Igbo 1st And tell me if you were in their shoes you wouldn't have the same hatred
brother mistake have been made lesson I believe must have been learnt, it was never a collective decision but individual one ,same with adaka boro ,non represent the generality of their people's opinion, is time to move forward, let not dwell so much on the past ,let us look at the things that unite us than the one that divide us,our enemies will continue to laugh at us when will continue to fight each other. The bitter truth is that the enemy will continue to see us as brother while we continue to hate each other.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by Christistruth00: 6:27pm On Jan 14, 2021
Redcrafton:
Those who say the wound has been healed...

Can they mention one federal investment in the entire east?

Those who will mention uncompleted Enugu airport and tolled 2nd Niger bridge should be ashamed in advance.

I blame all these on the slavish leaders from the region, who don't know how to fight their rights.

Are there no federal Universities and Colleges , Military installation in the East or Hospitals

Onne Port the most Modern in Nigeria is in the East.

Say the East needs more investments and infrastructure like Railway
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by bigfish3k: 6:27pm On Jan 14, 2021
anonymous1759:

I'll research. If minsters thread carefully what about Governors ? You only made mention of one name. What are the rest doing ? Are they not seeing the injustice?
It's not fair to heap the all blame on the presidency.

Every state receive allocation for both state and federal projects. Under GEJ how many projects did he assign to the South East? Was anything hindering the South East then ?
All the key appointments was allocated to you guys . Petroleum , finance the list is long .
That propaganda that GEJ gave key ministries to the igbos are lies
Diezani is ijaw and not igbo.
Okonjo iwealla is delta igbo according to you people.

I would like you to name the purported key ministries held by igbos.
Jonathan did not do anything for his own village in bayelsa so he wouldn't attend to the igbos.

You can't ask a frog to give you a chair when you can see it is squatting

2 Likes

Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by Christistruth00: 6:31pm On Jan 14, 2021
bigfish3k:

Jonathan did not do anything for his own village in bayelsa so he wouldn't attend to the igbos.

Dieziani Madueke former Petroleum Minister is from Imo by Marriage, Ijaw by birth
And in Nigeria he who controls Petrol Ministry is in Charge of the National Cake
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by IgboWarlord(m): 6:32pm On Jan 14, 2021
Please Rev, tell this IPOB miscreants/terrorists that the wounds of the civil war have not been healed..Them MOFO's be tryna start another civil war and make SouthSouth/SouthEast inhabitable for us..(Not all Igbos are IPOB)....

1 Like

Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by Rollydon: 6:33pm On Jan 14, 2021
johnmartus:
Can this man shut up for some while. Not only you in this country.
w...

u don't know anything is like you're still eaten mama thank ma...u know that what Rev kukah is saying is the truth of the matter....
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by bigfish3k: 6:36pm On Jan 14, 2021
Christistruth00:

Dieziani Madueke former Petroleum is from Imo by Marriage, Ijaw by birth
And in Nigeria he who controls Petrols is in Charge of the National Cake
I mean state of Origin

Or is she no longer ijaw by tribe?
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by Racoon(m): 6:37pm On Jan 14, 2021
Deadlytruth:
Azikiwe your brother invented the idea and slogan that the unity of Nigeria is perpetual and non-negotiable but you people never condemn him in all your diatribes against the forced union.....
I agree with your observations & have never rationalized all these their decisions.It was clear from the beginning that Nigeria is an irreconcilable entity.Even the founding fathers of this nation attested to this development.

However, the pan-Nigerianism of Zik, Ojukwu etc is a dimmetric irony to the succession agenda promoted by the likes of Gowon, TY Danjuma, Murtala Mohammed and the northern military clique of post-July 1966.
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by Buccalcavity2: 6:38pm On Jan 14, 2021
Prosperchuks1344:

who is whopping up sentiments for the Igbos? your soldiers invaded our land, they killed, raped and massacred innocent civilians, and I don't think it's on record that Biafran troops killed any civilian...
so shut the fuckup!

we didn't loose the war, the feds succeeded in bringing us back to this God forsaken country coz of the useless tactics they used on us but the Gallant Biafran soldiers won the War... so get that into your skull boy!!

All I did was to mirror your argument back to you. You dont care about others wound but you want them to care about yours. What a pathetic attitude.
'I dont think......killed any civilian....How convenient! Then go an read because I know they did. At least ND and Northerners know better.
You didnt lose the war.... Tell that to your kindreds who creeped out of the bushes to raise their hands and flags up in surrender. Thankfully this was covered. Ode.
Biafra will be seen as a selfish project as long as your kind shamelessly grandstand and speak from all corners of your mouth.

2 Likes

Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by anonymous1759(m): 6:42pm On Jan 14, 2021
bigfish3k:

grin no wahala so now you've admitted that Biafra is just meant for the five southern states alone?
I don't want to see you adding other regions to Biafra in another Forum.

2 Likes

Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by Dukeolumidemans(m): 6:43pm On Jan 14, 2021
SpecialAdviser:
Fact remains the war never ended till date. It is like the cold war era. The war became a war of ideology.

Revenge on Igbos continued till date. Unfortunately Nigerians continue to harm themselves and damage their country thinking they are doing Igbos. The Igbos themselves have never forgotten the war. This is because the revenge of the war continue to stare at them on daily bases.

If not for the ingenuity of the Igbos, they wouldn't have come out strong after the war. I have told people who keep shouting Nnamdi KANU is a scammer, the only way your talk can sink into any average Igbo man is to clean the Biafran ideology from his brain. He doesn't bother who is a scammer for so long as the message of Biafra is preached. In the absence of Nnamdi KANU will arise millions other Kanus. You cannot tell someone to forget where his hope lies even as Nigeria has refused to work. Impossible.

One Alomo bitters for u...

1 Like

Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by Christistruth00: 6:43pm On Jan 14, 2021
bigfish3k:

I mean state of Origin

Or is she no longer ijaw by tribe?

She was married to an Igbo man and Igbos themselves testify that they enjoyed Goodlucks Govt truth is they controlled it

They even composed a song when Yorubas complained of marginalisation

To the tune of Onyeka's song "You and I"

It went

"It is our time to Chop"2 CE

"It is our time" 2ce

"It is our time to Chop"

1 Like

Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by bigfish3k: 6:48pm On Jan 14, 2021
anonymous1759:

grin no wahala so now you've admitted that Biafra is just meant for the five southern states alone?
I don't want to see you adding other regions to Biafra in another Forum.
I said according to you people.
I am from rivers state and Igbo
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by bigfish3k: 6:50pm On Jan 14, 2021
Christistruth00:

She was married to an Igbo man and Igbos themselves testify that they enjoyed Goodlucks Govt truth is they controlled it
She married igbo does not remove her ijawness from her.
If igbos controlled GEJ, how come he was only working for the north and not igbos
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by bigfish3k: 6:52pm On Jan 14, 2021
Christistruth00:

They even composed a song when Yorubas complained of marginalisation

To the tune of Onyeka's You and I

It went

"It is our time to Chop"2 CE

It is our time 2ce

It is our time to Chop

I never heard of any song. It is the same propaganda against igbos.

So whose igbo artist composed and sang the song
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by Deadlytruth(m): 6:54pm On Jan 14, 2021
Redcrafton:

The Jews has autonomy...The East is asking for autonomy so they can be like the Jews.

All the Igbos got today are mainly by self help while others are enjoying federal presence.

Again mention one functional airport in the East?

But you know very well the east is capable of building standard airport if it has autonomy.

They can't build a rail system if they are under this oppressive unity government.

Could you tell us the tribe of the man who began the process which eventually led to the destruction of regional autonomy in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by Christistruth00: 6:54pm On Jan 14, 2021
bigfish3k:

She married igbo does not remove her ijawness from her.
If igbos controlled GEJ, how come he was only working for the north and not igbos

Go and ask your Uncles if the Contracts GEJ gave to them could be quantified

Start with the one at Air Peace Allen Onyeama he was a struggling Lawyer before Goodluck entered Power

It was after Goodluck entered Power that they forgot how Garri Soaked in water tasted and they joined the Private Jet traveling Bourgeoisie Champagne Elite

1 Like

Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by tutudesz: 6:54pm On Jan 14, 2021
samdunzo:

He was talking about gas. Only a fool would believe we can continue to rely on oil. And even with gas, it wont bring in enough revenue to sustain a country of 300 million+
Instead of them to invest in other sectors, oil prices that might fall to $1 or rise to $100 anytime
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by samdunzo: 6:57pm On Jan 14, 2021
tutudesz:

Instead of them to invest in other sectors, oil prices that might fall to $1 or rise to $100 anytime

its sad bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Abdulrazaq, Saraki’s Supporters Clash At Eid Ground / Pictures & Video From Peter Obi Presidential Campaign Rally In Southern Kaduna / Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.