Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,419 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed (32696 Views)

Yoruba Efura Igbo War Have Started Oo / Tinubu To Lawan: "You Can Easily lick Your Wounds" / MURIC: June 12 Protesters Are Ungrateful & rebellious, after been 'healed' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by VictorUSA(m): 4:56pm On Jan 14, 2021
tutudesz:

The treatment will continue until Igbos apologies for invading and Killing innocent Niger Deltans. No wounds can be healed until those at fault apologies.
This is the language of a terrorist
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by michoim(m): 4:56pm On Jan 14, 2021
Why didn't he tell all previous corrupt PDP administrations which he sympathized with, about the 'need' for the healing...

1 Like

Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by anonymous1759(m): 4:57pm On Jan 14, 2021
kayjay69:
I am curious to know what significant investment did Tinubu's alliance with Buhari bring to Southwest Nigeria.

I am not referring to political contracts that benefit loyal party members, I am asking of projects that benefit the average Southwesterner. Please be truthful and direct in your response, thanks.

Mention any federal projects that has gone down without the SW being part of the beneficiaries?

If there's no projects going on in Nigeria the south E won't be crying marginalization.

1 Like

Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by privaldo: 4:58pm On Jan 14, 2021
Exmilitant:
You have the brains, exposure and experienced cordinate yourselves and get whatever you want. Stop the whinning. In life you get what you deserve, subtly or forcefully. Copy the Jews.

You're the wisest person I have read his comment all through this year. The Igbos should sit down, and study the Jews. They should learn about the Jewish Agency for Israel, and it's history. They should learn who and what role Been Gurion played in Israel's road to independence. They should learn how the Jews built an army even in the land of their oppressors, and nobody knew about it until the war. The learn how the Jews lobbied several nations to help their cause at UN. Israel should be a case study if they really want independence.

Once again blessed be your memory.

1 Like

Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by privaldo: 5:00pm On Jan 14, 2021
Redcrafton:

The Jews has autonomy...The East is asking for autonomy so they can be like the Jews.

All the Igbos got today are mainly by self help while others are enjoying federal presence.

Again mention one functional airport in the East?

But you know very well the east is capable of building standard airport if it has autonomy.

They can't build a rail system if they are under this oppressive unity government.

Read the History of how the Jews got independence, they planned every step meticulously and in absolute quietness. The Jews should be an example to Ndi-Igbos.
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by samdunzo: 5:02pm On Jan 14, 2021
tutudesz:

Miyetti Allah and IPOB constant insults on Ethnic leaders contributed to the trust issue ahead of 2023.

True. All in all, 2023 will be very interesting. Funny enough, both of those groups(Fulani and Igbo) could very well end up working together to get presidency and VP
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by VictorUSA(m): 5:03pm On Jan 14, 2021
BabaOwen:
You're a pig bro, I will leave you in the mud to start swimming in the mud like a pig you are... Shalom grin
I've never seen human being calling a pig bro.I cant believe what my eyes just saw,maybe the two are all pigs.
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by tutudesz: 5:03pm On Jan 14, 2021
VictorUSA:
This is the language of a terrorist
Language of a terrorist undecided So training criminal with guns and calling them ESN, is what

1 Like

Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by bigfish3k: 5:04pm On Jan 14, 2021
sapele914:
Which wickedness? You went & looked for trouble as usual then started shouting they want to kill us? From generation to generation?
So you mean that the wickedness against the igbos should continue without healing?
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by privaldo: 5:04pm On Jan 14, 2021
Exmilitant:
Who gave the Jews autonomy? Go look up their history in Palestine in the 18th and 19th century. They saw hell in the hands of Arabs, coupled with what Hitler did to them in Europe. But these men and women stopped complaining, picked up their pieces and subtly and trickishly got the country they want and today, are in charge of not just arabs affairs but the whole world's. The Igbos should emulate them. With proper cordination, you can get not just biafra but the whole country.

A wise one I stan.
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by samdunzo: 5:05pm On Jan 14, 2021
Tekrify:
The fair truth is that more than 70 percent of African countries were made with the same process..you can't say their end will come sooner....
The issue with Nigeria is the structure in which it was formed...for true healing to start that structure needs to change.. Nigeria isn't the problem..it structure that governs it is the problem that why ever region including the main benefactor agrees that there is a big need for restructuring

Thank you. We weren't the only country colonised and forcefully bought together by Britain. The US, India, Ghana are examples. The problem lies in the 1999 constitution, which gives too much power to the central govt.

2 Likes

Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by anonymous1759(m): 5:05pm On Jan 14, 2021
Redcrafton:

I see it as systemic failure and sustained punishment by the FG.

Like the reverend rightly said, the civil war is till on going.

Exactly, systematic failure from the Roots our leaders lacks vision. But I'm thinking If the white mans idea of civilization is truly an African thing?

Take a look at the entire African Nations the only developed ones are either North African who are not Truly African but are included because of the Map.
The only developed nations to international standards is South Africa , and they're also mixed and the whites runs their economy.
No single African Nation is getting it Right something is Wrong .

My personal opinion we're not developed in our way we try to copy and paste .
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by BSdetector: 5:05pm On Jan 14, 2021
I am a Yoruba, but my biggest prayer is for the disintegration of this project called Nigeria: south east should have their biafra, south south should have their Niger Delta republic, south west should have their oduduwa, and the north & middle belt can have their respective countries. Everyone should go their ways and back to their regions with tight borders and prohibited border crossing. Hausa/fulani, yoruba, Igbo and other 250 tribes and sub tribes aren't benefiting from this federal arrangement we currently have. Before the nonsense federalism the north was striving and prosperous in it's agricultural wealth which was seen by the groundnut pyramids, the western region were also doing well in agriculture and commerce which was seen in cocoa house and Awolowo's free education. The eastern region and middle belt were also doing their thing.........until federalism was forced upon us. I fully support biafra.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by tutudesz: 5:05pm On Jan 14, 2021
samdunzo:

True. All in all, 2023 will be very interesting. Funny enough, both of those groups(Fulani and Igbo) could very well end up working together to get presidency and VP
Anything is possible in politics, but can both of them work toward true federalism
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by bigfish3k: 5:06pm On Jan 14, 2021
anonymous1759:

I was happy that man got spanked . Am not a supporter of politicians but stop blaming the entire Nigeria for your woes .

I've spent significant years in the East and their federal roads are bullcrap but their leaders are given allocation where did the money go to?
Truth to be Told Biafran Governors are the most corrupt they milk their people to the last.

Gandollar is far better than then . Biafra might not last for a year if these same set of leaders are made to occupy offices when they finally get it.

They are talking about federal presence and not about what states do with their allocations
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by anonymous1759(m): 5:06pm On Jan 14, 2021
bigfish3k:

Fight for it.
Do you mean another civil war the way boko haram is fighting for theirs

I meant playing systematic politics not with Emotions.
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jan 14, 2021
Niceman4u:
He is absolutely correct. The wounds have not been healed.
There is no pretence about it.

The wounds have not been healed. They harboured hatred and bitterness against Nigerians. They are never friends of Fulani/Hausas and Yorubas. That was why they hijacked GEJ government and looted all the oil money sold at high price per barrel saving no kobo, borrowed heavily and spent more than 50% of the money Obasanjo saved. Rev Father Matthew Kukkah should have known what happened under Jonathan was a vendetta against Nigeria.
They embezzled the money empowered their kinsmen to buy Lagos and Abuja.

They are never happy with Nigeria. It's better to let them go.The Yorubas should also unite to leave Nigeria . Yorubas have been the most exploited group in Nigeria but political dichotomy, internal tension and submission to the Islamic Authority of the Caliphate have made unity of purpose impossible.

2 Likes

Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by bigfish3k: 5:07pm On Jan 14, 2021
tutudesz:

Who Killed who 1st? Which Way You invaded someone else land and you want them to watch you rape and kill their people undecided
So why are you watching fulani herdsmen rape and kill you now
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by VictorUSA(m): 5:07pm On Jan 14, 2021
tutudesz:

Language of a terrorist undecided what training criminal and call ESN
Please go and educate urself b4 u come here to rant ur nansense.
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by Femi316: 5:07pm On Jan 14, 2021
I think say you get sense at all .... big fool wen no get common sense
johnmartus:
Can this man shut up for some while. Not only you in this country.
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by Onepeople: 5:08pm On Jan 14, 2021
BabaOwen:
It has been healed.
Nigeria didn't do any bad thing against the Biafrans.

There is no country in the world were someone will just rise and say he is taking is region/people out of the country the way ojukwu did, and it won't lead to war.

When Ironsi was the head of state of Nigeria, Isaac Adaka Boro decided his people are been marginalise in the Eastern region, so he declared the Niger Delta region as an independent country.

War was declared on Boro and his men by Maj. Gen. Ironsi. Col. Ojukwu should have learnt from Boro ordeal.
you are very stupid for commenting like a child with high level of insensitivity,show some respect to the innocent people that lost their lives wether from biafran or Nigeria.
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by Coldie(m): 5:10pm On Jan 14, 2021
Redcrafton:

Please explain how?

The Igbos have returned across the country investing wherever they live.

But the FG will never develop their region...

So can you explain what you mean?
The underdevelopment of the east is not caused by civil war it's caused by military rule that underdeveloped the whole Nigeria.

Civilians took power in 1999 obasanjo was a yoruba man he was widely supported by Igbos we even had igbo senate presidents but we refuse to put our people first everyone was after his or her pockets, if underdevelopment was caused by civil war what stopped Gej from building second Niger bridge was it civil war?, Right now we should be benefitting more from Buharis government but we have been paying him with hate, that's y we are not benefitting fully.

Our governors in the east are very incompetent, in the east arguments are not normally based on reason it's sometimes based on irrationallity and ignorance.

Till today nobody can give me a concrete reason y they hate Buhari, nobody can still gimme a reason why they want restructuring, nobody want to discuss what would happen if after all these insults we don't get biafra.

They just want u to believe and follow the ignorance like that, immediately u are of a different opinion u become sabo.

If the east had supported buhari we would receive more love from him, obj didn't do anything for us we support am, Gej tried for us interms of appointments but not projects we still support am, why then are we hating buhari that's actually getting the job done?

And still shouting marginalization when we are the ones causing it?

3 Likes

Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by anonymous1759(m): 5:11pm On Jan 14, 2021
bigfish3k:

They are talking about federal presence and not about what states do with their allocations

Who bring federal presence to a state ? Are they not representatives from your state ?

If you hold any key position in Nigeria I'm sure your community or house hold will benefit from it . That's what your representatives are failing to do and blame the federal government like they're not part of the FEC council
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by bigfish3k: 5:11pm On Jan 14, 2021
Buccalcavity2:

Awesome. So why whip up sentiments for igbos. It was a war. Biafrans see federal troops as enemy and vice versa. Your soldiers killed civilians and soldiers, thesame happened from the other side. So what the f*** are you saying? If Biafrans didnt stand in their way they wouldn't have been killed.....no apologies. You lost. Face the consequences of your actions.
So there should be no healing
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by VictorUSA(m): 5:12pm On Jan 14, 2021
The truth is this:the wound is yet to heal because of our collective lack of "common sense of purpose".
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by Onepeople: 5:12pm On Jan 14, 2021
johnmartus:
he should loud it ,he seems to be the only sensible man in Nigeria, we have heard so much from tribal bigot like you .is time to listen to sensible Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by samdunzo: 5:16pm On Jan 14, 2021
tutudesz:

Anything is possible in politics, but can both of them work toward true federalism

We have to look at it from an historic lens. Historically, Yorubas have wanted federalism, Igbos want Biafra, while Hausa/Fulani wants the status quo to remain. Maybe an North and East collab will see devolution of powers, but I don't see true federalism happening under that administration. Especially if the president is a Northerner
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by tutudesz: 5:18pm On Jan 14, 2021
VictorUSA:
Please go and educate urself b4 u come here to rant ur nansense.
If it's against your view it's nonsense undecided
but if it's support your view, it's making sense undecided

1 Like

Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by VictorUSA(m): 5:21pm On Jan 14, 2021
tutudesz:
If it's against your view it's nonsense undecided but if it's support your view, it's making sense undecided
SHARRAP
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by kayjay69(m): 5:22pm On Jan 14, 2021
I am not a member of the South East, I am a member of the South West and I reside there.

Plus I asked you a question since you insisted that the alliance between Tinubu and Buhari has produced several projects in South west Nigeria.

I am only asking out of curiosity, what projects are there in South west Nigeria that are a result of Tinubu and Buhari's political alliance, that were conceived and are being executed within this present administration and that are to the benefit of the average south westerner.

You have not answered my question sir/madam.
anonymous1759:

Mention any federal projects that has gone down without the SW being part of the beneficiaries?

If there's no projects going on in Nigeria the south E won't be crying marginalization.
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by MajorOvakporaye(f): 5:23pm On Jan 14, 2021
johnmartus:

SHUT YOUR TRAP THERE!!!
Re: Kukah: Wounds Of The Civil War Have Not Been Healed by tutudesz: 5:24pm On Jan 14, 2021
samdunzo:

We have to look at it from an historic lens. Historically, Yorubas have wanted federalism, Igbos want Biafra, while Hausa/Fulani wants the status quo to remain. Maybe an North and East collab will see devolution of powers, but I don't see true federalism happening under that administration. Especially if the president is a Northerner
I remember which Yoruba leader said, Federalism means different thing to different region.
The South South See's resource Control has ture federalism
The South West See's resource control, state police, and reducing the federal government power has ture federalism
The South East want the return the Eastern (adding SS) has ture federalism
So different meaning

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ben Bruce Blast Lai Mohammed:Lai Denies Saying Economy Is Out Of PMB Control(pix / Rukkayya, Wife Of Abdulmumini Dame Thrown Out Of His House After His Death (Pics / Onyeama: I Wasn’t Suspended For Refusing To Lead Campaign Against Obi To US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.