Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,579 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

NAFDAC Import Permit And Registration My Experience - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / NAFDAC Import Permit And Registration My Experience (1183 Views)

NAFDAC Warns Nigerians On Consumption Of Animal Hides And Skin (ponmo) As Food / NAFDAC Cautions Public Against Consumption Of 2 Brands Of Sardine / NAFDAC Warns Against Eating Fruits Ripened With Calcium Carbide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NAFDAC Import Permit And Registration My Experience by JOHNEMMA1(m): 2:32pm On Jan 15, 2021
Have you ever try importing food and drinks into Nigeria. The process is not that friendly trying to do it all alone, in the processes of find out information, I learnt a lot of useful things and not useful information, I made a lot of friends too.

■ So let me share what I find out about Nafdac import permit and registration

Registering your food or drinks are in stages of about 3 but the true is that you have within 180days of applying for NAFDAC registration to complete all the process. So you have to be financially ready and willing to provide all necessary documents been asked for.

1st stage -
● Registration form is #2500
● Import permit $135
● Processing fee $1161
● Certification fee $135

Documents most have for this stage

1. CAC certificate (company here in Nigeria)
2. Trademark (Brand name of the product)
3. Power of Attorney or Contract manufacturing agreement
4. Contract manufacturing agreement
5. Free Sales certificate
6. Comprehensive certificate of Analysis
7. GMP invitation letter

Stage 2

if you want to complete the processes to bring in goods in bulk quantity *(truck load or container of the goods in MT)*.
■ GMP inspection fee is $11,500 VAT inclusive.
Breakdown
Official payment is $10,990
PR for consultant is $510
paid within 180 days of starting your NAFDAC registration.

You will need to lease or rent a warehouse and fumigate it

You also will have to add documentation fee for this � depending on your pocket and consultant estimated this to cost between 300k to 500k

♢ Power of Attorney or Contract manufacturing agreement
♢ Contract manufacturing agreement
♢ Free Sales certificate
♢ Comprehensive certificate of Analysis
♢ GMP invitation letter
♢ Plus ETLS doc from ECOWAS if it is from ECOWAS countries
♢ Fumigation of warehouse agreement and certificate
♢ Product analysis
♢ health and embassy clearfloods for goods and personal from Nigeria embassy or Ecowas abroad offices

Some above requirements will be issued both here in Nigeria and the company of origin of the goods.

Summary
if you want to bring goods in trucks or containers loads
Import Permit - $135
Processing fee - $1,161 per variant
Certificate - $135
GMP Inspection - $11,500
Documentation - #300,000 or #500,000
Cost of warehouse - depend on size and location
Admin Approval fee - $2322 (official or government approved fee)

Also note that if any mistake happens during analysis and you are to reapply for another analysis NAFDAC charges #140,500 with vat inclusive.

Hope this explanation is useful and clear enough for bulk importation, this are only NAFDAC processing and documentation fees. You go find out how to do your custom import duty wahala from their agents or I can provide one for you if you need one.

■ Note..
This figures are mostly as a result of my effort asking around and working with some good agents here in Lagos. They are other requirements that time and space won't permit me to write here.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK OR CHAT ME UP.
SEE YOU FOR MORE UPDATE

http:///3zGAMvQ

Re: NAFDAC Import Permit And Registration My Experience by madampresident(f): 2:22pm On Jan 17, 2021
That costs alot
Re: NAFDAC Import Permit And Registration My Experience by JOHNEMMA1(m): 4:48pm On Jan 17, 2021
madampresident:
That costs alot
Yes, the government is trying to make sure that every tom dick and harry dont bring in goods into the country, turning the country into dumping ground. They are also trying to encourage local producer to compete favourably
Re: NAFDAC Import Permit And Registration My Experience by madampresident(f): 8:13pm On Jan 17, 2021
JOHNEMMA1:

Yes, the government is trying to make sure that every tom dick and harry dont bring in goods into the country, turning the country into dumping ground. They are also trying to encourage local producer to compete favourably

That makes sense. Although the export end is fair but not too favourable for mini scale exporters.
Re: NAFDAC Import Permit And Registration My Experience by Clonepops(m): 1:57pm On Jan 19, 2021
JOHNEMMA1:

so do you need the services of a top notch tax adviser?
Re: NAFDAC Import Permit And Registration My Experience by angelmyke: 1:49am On Aug 03, 2021
Hi, Pls can you share the details for NAFDAC registration to import food products from Europe?
Thanks
Re: NAFDAC Import Permit And Registration My Experience by JOHNEMMA1(m): 7:50am On Mar 28, 2022
angelmyke:
Hi, Pls can you share the details for NAFDAC registration to import food products from Europe?
Thanks

Same as what is up there..
You are to pay the inspection fee of $11,500 to NAFDAC to come and inspect the factory anywhere in Europe
http:///3zGAMvQ

(1) (Reply)

Foods That Increase Hunger / Fine Dining Game. Exquisite Pictures Of Home Cooked Meal. How Much Will You Pay? / Who Drank These Bottles Of Beer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.