Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,400 members, 7,826,555 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Nas Vs Jayz - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nas Vs Jayz (20653 Views)

Hero(nas) Vs A Hero Comes Home(mode9) / Nas Vs Jay Z, Who Is A Better Rapper? / Is Nas Truly a Nigerian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nas Vs Jayz by kaydee(m): 1:19am On Jun 27, 2008
This ain't funny no more! It's just like arguing who won the last world cup.Y'all find better stuffs to holla bout,stop digging this buried story.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Bamsyle(m): 9:19am On Jun 27, 2008
Kaydee, vote for either of 'em and stop talking ambiguously. Reading through the whole thread, I can't find you voting for anyone. All you've been shouting is "stop digging this buried story" - Who do you vote for? NAS of course!!! King of NY after Biggie!!!! wink
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by bgees(m): 11:25am On Jun 27, 2008
NaS is d rapper. Jigga is d entertainer.
Even jay-z has a lot of respect for NaS. I remember MTV's Greatest MC's of All Time. The rappers themselves(nas,jayz,50 cent ,scarface,ice cube,krs etc) were askd for their own choicies.
As expected,a lot of them including jigga and 50cent chose NaS.
That just tells u NaS is a rapper's rapper. Everyone's favourite rapper is a NAS fan.
Just like it was written in Time Magazine's hiphop edition,'Nas , d rapper's rapper,poetic street corner observer'.

@ A4O,
u obviously havent listened to illmatic. 2 reasonable doubts and one blueprint can never match an illmatic.
For a rap album to defy time and the changes it brings,it means ILLMATIC IS THE GREATEST ALBUM EVER MADE.
Jay-z can be lyrical occassionally. He has style.But Nas will mesmerize and take u to school with his lyrics.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Bamsyle(m): 12:00pm On Jun 27, 2008
Bgees thanks a bunch - please tell them! Nas' style makes me go ill!

And again, that's auto[b]matic[/b]!
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by A40(m): 7:34pm On Jun 27, 2008
@bgees
Pardon the Interruption but i have listened to Illmatic and it is not better than Reasonable Doubt but like i said before we are all entitled to our opinion you should not mistake mutual respect for weakness bro

@ritchboy
Where have you been dawg? these igonorant people have been on my case for my refusal to buy Nas's hype!! a rapper that has been dropping quality albums for 12years tell me any rapper in the game that has matched Hov's consistency? No one
Can you remember this line from Beach Chair?
Some said HOV, how you get so fly
I said from not being afraid to fall out the sky
My physical is a shell
So when i say farewell
My soul will find an even
Higher plane to dwell
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 9:44pm On Jun 27, 2008
A-40:

@ritchboy
Where have you been dawg? these igonorant people have been on my case for my refusal to buy Nas's hype!! a rapper that has been dropping quality albums for 12years tell me any rapper in the game that has matched Hov's consistency? No one
Can you remember this line from Beach Chair?
Some said HOV, how you get so fly
I said from not being afraid to fall out the sky
My physical is a shell
So when i say farewell
My soul will find an even
Higher plane to dwell

I don't have a problem with u preferring Jigga's commercial rhymes to Nas' prophetic lyrics. . . . .We all have out favourites.
However, don't even say it in public that Jay-Z flows better than Nas.
The 2 of em battled in 2001/02 and America voted. . . . . .Nas won by astronomical lines.
Compare TAVEOVER to ETHER and come back to us. . . . .
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by A40(m): 5:55pm On Jun 28, 2008
@Hannibal
Like Nas doesnt drop commercial tracks? Nas is good but he is over rated yall make it sound like all Jigga spits is Money,Cash,Hoes and thats not true.Lets assume Nas just edged it please tell me how many rappers can sell out MSG in a day for their retirement gig let Nas try and pull that one off.American votes indeed
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by kaydee(m): 11:44pm On Jun 28, 2008
Bamsyle:

Kaydee, vote for either of 'em and stop talking ambiguously. Reading through the whole thread, I can't find you voting for anyone. All you've been shouting is "stop digging this buried story" - Who do you vote for? NAS of course!!! King of NY after Biggie!!!! wink

SO U know he's the king and U still want me to vote? It's just like a vote after the winner's been announced
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by doyin13(m): 11:51pm On Jun 28, 2008
A-40:

@Hannibal
Like Nas doesnt drop commercial tracks? Nas is good but he is over rated yall make it sound like all Jigga spits is Money,Cash,Hoes and thats not true.Lets assume Nas just edged it please tell me how many rappers can sell out MSG in a day for their retirement gig let Nas try and pull that one off.American votes indeed

You are equating commercial success with talent abi?

Jay Z has been very astute in his choice of beats, I will give him that.

But despite his subsequent shortcomings, Nas is forgiven for GIVING us the best hip hop album ever- - - -ILLMATIC.

So for that singular achievement, I will always vote Nas.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 11:56pm On Jun 28, 2008
doyin13:

But despite his subsequent shortcomings, Nas is forgiven for GIVING us the best hip hop album ever- - - -ILLMATIC.

The best hip-hop album ever? I disagree with you.
Ready To Die is the best hip-hop album ever made(It's like a story book). grin cheesy
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by doyin13(m): 12:05am On Jun 29, 2008
Hannibal:

The best hip-hop album ever? I disagree with you.
Ready To Die is the best hip-hop album ever made(It's like a story book). grin cheesy

It seems you must have had a lot of sardines for dinner as a little pickney tongue

Seriously though, I do appreciate why some would choose Ready to Die as their fave hip hop album.

As for me, ILLMATIC is just symbolic of what hiphop should be. A collection of songs that spoke
from the the very core of a young man growing up in a harrowing environment.

They were no love-vendor adulating tales a la Biggie's one more chance, or overly sobby tracks like 'juicy' which
you seem to love so much.

The beats, the lyrics, every thing just gelled. Social relevance meets 'poetic talent' is ILLMATIC
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 12:20am On Jun 29, 2008
@ Doyin13,

You only listen to the radio friendly ones like "juicy" "big poppa" and "one more chance"
One thing i love about Rap music is the fact that best tracks rarely make the radio/TV(it's reserved for the rap addicts).
Listen to "gimme the loot", "warning" and "the what" and come back n gimme the testimony. These are prophetic rhymes.
They are classics.

I love Stillmatic but grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. . . . . . . .Ready to die swallows it every day of the week LYRICALLY. cheesy
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by doyin13(m): 12:23am On Jun 29, 2008
Hannibal:

@ Doyin13,

You only listen to the radio friendly ones like "juicy" "big poppa" and "one more chance"
One thing i love about Rap music is the fact that best tracks rarely make the radio/TV(it's reserved for the rap addicts).
Listen to "gimme the loot", "warning" and "the what" and come back n gimme the testimony. These are prophetic rhymes.
They are classics.

I love Stillmatic but grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. . . . . . . .Ready to die swallows it every day of the week LYRICALLY. cheesy

Guy. . . .I guess you have never heard ILLMATIC then. NOT STILLMATIC.

And you simply made my point for me. . . . . . . ,  .All of ILLMATIC was on point.
It wasn't sullied by any radio friendly clap trap.

B T W Trust me, you don't want to be educating me on mid 90's hip hop. That was my era cool

When I need gist on FIDDY or SOULJA BOY I will holla tongue
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 12:38am On Jun 29, 2008
@ Doyin13,

Somebody help me. . . . . . .Doyin wants to lecture me on Hip-Hop.
Hombre, there's no era in Rap Music, i grew up listening to Rap music. . . . .sneak away from school to buy CDs in em days.
I will sit u down with chalk in me hands and lecture u about RAP.

I listened to ILLMATIC when it came out. . . . . It wasn't really CLASSIC but NY just needed a tonic to quench Dr Dre/Snoop Dog's west coast beats.
"The Chronic" was better lyrically and the beats were OMG. . . . .
If u need history lessons on the birth of Hip-Hop in the early 90s. . . .Please holla at me. We can start with WU-TANG CLAN.

P.S. I loved Rap so much when i was a kid, i skip my meals just to watch Yo! MTV Raps. grin cheesy
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by onyinye2(f): 12:43am On Jun 29, 2008
@hannibal

doyin needs to see the other side of rap music. because all he is basically talking about is the business side. because for one thing ILLmatic's rhymes were nothing compared to "the chronic" or any real classic rap.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by doyin13(m): 12:45am On Jun 29, 2008
Hannibal:

@ Doyin13,

Somebody help me. . . . . . .Doyin wants to lecture me on Hip-Hop.
Hombre, there's no era in Rap Music, i grew up listening to Rap music. . . . .sneak away from school to buy CDs in em days.
I will sit u down with chalk in me hands and lecture u about RAP.

I listened to ILLMATIC when it came out. . . . . It wasn't really CLASSIC but NY just needed a tonic to quench Dr Dre/Snoop Dog's west coast beats.
"The Chronic" was better lyrically and the beats were OMG. . . . .
If u need history lessons on the birth of Hip-Hop in the early 90s. . . .Please holla at me. We can start with WU-TANG CLAN.

P.S. I loved Rap so much when i was a kid, i skip my meals just to watch Yo! MTV Raps. grin cheesy

Saved by Google eh Jackal. . . . . . . grin grin grin

Well if you know your wu tang, I would hope you would place 36 chambers above Ready to Die

But I am suspicious of your credentials considering you think FIDDY is the greatest thing to
happen to rap in recent times.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 12:54am On Jun 29, 2008
doyin13:

Saved by Google eh Jackal. . . . . . . grin grin grin

Well if you know your wu tang, I would hope you would place 36 chambers above Ready to Die

But I am suspicious of your credentials considering you think FIDDY is the greatest thing to
happen to rap in recent times.

Me? Jackal/Hannibal googling Rap? You gotta be kidding me.

Wu-Tang is a group of 9 Sholin lyricists. . . . .
How can we compare a rap group to a solo artiste? It seems u dunno your Rap.

I am not saying Fiddy is the greatest lyrically or inspires solitary minds. . . .
All i said was. . . . .His ascendancy was super-rapid. . . . .If only Mike Tyson and 2pac had such visison. . . They woulda been better off.
His story was the classic tale of: RAGS TO RICHES.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by doyin13(m): 1:00am On Jun 29, 2008
We might not compare a rap group to a solo artiste, but we sure can compare their out put.

36 Chambers with all its humor/wordplay is in my opinion a better album than Ready to Die. Kapish

And by the way. . . .is reminding me you are Jackal meant to give some sort of HIPHOP Rank?
You would have been better served calling yourself a MEERKAT. tongue tongue grin
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 1:06am On Jun 29, 2008
@ Doyin13,

The album sales would be a better judge of that. . . . .
A debutant Rap artiste took the whole world by storm in spite of his UGLINESS. . . . . It shoulda been the 9th wonder of the world.
Biggie Smalls was so ahead of his time. . . .
When he sparred with Meth on "The What"(Ready 2 Die). . . .Meth commended Biggie that he was indeed the messiah of the East Coast.
Lookie, Biggie was the King Of New York. . . . .The same state where the WU hails from. . .
Do u need a tablet PC to decipher that?

Senor, go and sleep. cool
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by doyin13(m): 1:10am On Jun 29, 2008
This is what i don't get about you rappy-heads.

I never compared the skills of Biggie to any of the Wu Tang(although GZA is a deep brother)

I WAS COMPARING ALBUMS.

I don't care if Daddy Showkey called BIGGIE the Selassie of AJ City.

I said 36 Chambers was a better album than Ready to Die. Shikena
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 1:28am On Jun 29, 2008
@ Doyin13,

Don't put your mortgage on it.

If i put up the list of the greatest Rap albums ever now. . . 36 Chambers won't be in the TOP 10.
I can assure u here that Ready 2 Die will def'ly make the TOP 3.
People didn't realise the strength of the album until Biggie died. . . . .
It is so difficult to replicate by all these cheap imitators crowning themselves King of NY. . . . .

No wonder Can-I-Bus said . . . . The greatest rapper of all time died on March 9th.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by doyin13(m): 1:31am On Jun 29, 2008
well its your prerogative how you choose to constitute your top 10

but jus for curiosity sake. . . .and to enlighten us with your eexpansive hiphop knowledge
what makes your top 10?
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 1:34am On Jun 29, 2008
doyin13:

well its your prerogative how you choose to constitute your top 10

but jus for curiosity sake. . . .and to enlighten us with your expansive hiphop knowledge
what makes your top 10?

Top 10 Artistes or Top 10 Albums??
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by doyin13(m): 1:35am On Jun 29, 2008
Haaa. . . .Do both then I guess
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by onyinye2(f): 1:38am On Jun 29, 2008
Hannibal:

@ Doyin13,

Don't put your mortgage on it.

If i put up the list of the greatest Rap albums ever now. . . 36 Chambers won't be in the TOP 10.
I can assure u here that Ready 2 Die will def'ly make the TOP 3.
People didn't realise the strength of the album until Biggie died. . . . .
It is so difficult to replicate by all these cheap imitators crowning themselves King of NY. . . . .

No wonder Can-I-Bus said . . . . The greatest rapper of all time died on March 9th.

well there is some truth in this but no offense biggie was a great artist. he had unbelievable lyrics but he is nothing compared to 2pac.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 1:42am On Jun 29, 2008
Top 10 Rap Artistes . . . .

1) Notorious B.I.G.
2) Tupac Shakur
3) Eminem
4) Nas
5) Jay-Z
6) 50
7) Canibus
cool DMX
9) Lauryn Hill
10) Snoop Dogg.

Top 10 Rap Albums.

1) All Eyez On Me.
2) Ready To Die
3) Life After Death
4) Marshal Mathers LP
5) Illmatic
6) Get Rich Or Die Tryin'
7) The Chronic
cool Doggystyle
9) Blueprint
10) It's Dark And Hell Is Hot.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by doyin13(m): 1:42am On Jun 29, 2008
onyinye2:

well there is some truth in this but no offense biggie was a great artist. he had unbelievable lyrics but he is nothing compared to 2pac.

Here we go. . . . .the seminal 2pac vs Biggie argument.

For all its worthI think each had their strong suit. For subject matter, display of emotion, 2PAC was it.

But for sheer rap talent, flow, delivery, wordplay - - - - - - -it was Biggie hands down.

@Hannibal

Well I applaud you for even being able to come up with a list.

Beyond ILLMATIC as my alltime no 1, my efforts to come up with a list have always been futile.
Never seem to make up my mind. But I sure can pick holes in others'

For the Album's list- - - - -No Eric B and Rakim (Paid in FUll). Many will tell you that is the greatest rap album ever made.
No Reasonable Doubt by Jay Z. No Public Enemy's Nation of Millions.

And not only do you have Fiddy's Get Rich Or Die Trying on your list, you actually put it above The Chronic and Doggystyle. shocked shocked shocked :oSacrilege
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by onyinye2(f): 1:45am On Jun 29, 2008
Hannibal:

1) Notorious B.I.G.
2) Tupac Shakur
3) Eminem
4) Nas
5) Jay-Z
6) 50
7) Canibus
cool DMX
9) Lauryn Hill
10) Snoop Dogg.

Top 10 Rap Albums.

1) All Eyez On Me.
2) Ready To Die
3) Life After Death
4) Marshal Mathers LP
5) Illmatic
7) The Chronic
cool Doggystyle
9) Blueprint

there is no way eminem is better than Jay z lyrically.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 1:48am On Jun 29, 2008
doyin13:

Here we go. . . . .the seminal 2pac vs Biggie argument.

For all its worthI think each had their strong suit. For subject matter, display of emotion, 2PAC was it.

But for sheer rap talent, flow, delivery, wordplay - - - - - - -it was Biggie hands down.

I agree with you.

To 2pac, the word is deployed as a tool, to display emotions and his frustrations. . . .
To Biggie, the word is an ornament, to be polished with hues of shine, delivery and using metaphors in the most unlikely contexts. . . .

Biggie said. . . .  Welcome to ma center. . . . Honies feel me deep in they placenta, Cold as the pole in the winter. . . .
How audacious can a rapper get? Biggie Smallz was too grandiloquent.
Biggie was god.

@ Onyinye2,

One word for you. . . . . .Go and listen to Renegade on BLUEPRINT.
Even Jigga accepted Eminem killed him on his own song.
Don't mess with the white dude. . . . . . .He is the most lyrically gifted rapper alive(skip his white skin and lets get REAL).
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by chiogo(f): 1:51am On Jun 29, 2008
Hannibal:

1) Notorious B.I.G.
2) Tupac Shakur
3) Eminem
4) Nas
5) Jay-Z
6) 50
7) Canibus
cool DMX
9) Lauryn Hill
10) Snoop Dogg.

Top 10 Rap Albums.

1) All Eyez On Me.
2) Ready To Die
3) Life After Death
4) Marshal Mathers LP
5) Illmatic
7) The Chronic
cool Doggystyle
9) Blueprint

Well, that's your top 10 which i mostly agree with by the way. But hey, that might not be America's top 10. You mentioned somewhere that Nas won in the MC battle because 'America voted'. This "America" that is voting is just a group of about five or 6 people, you know. Did u watch the last MTV top 10 MC? Lil' Wayne was # 1. I don't find him anywhere on your list. See, i don't mind if y'all think Nas is better than jigga (am indecisive) but u saying "America voted" is biased on your part because everybody knows America is filled with injustices. When they say "America", it cld be just one person representing the whole of this America which contains over 300 million people. Just think about that. wink
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by onyinye2(f): 1:55am On Jun 29, 2008
so hannibal you can compare a song like "99 problems" to "What my name is"??
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 1:58am On Jun 29, 2008
chiogo:

Well, that's your top 10 which i mostly agree with by the way. But hey, that might not be America's top 10. You mentioned somewhere that Nas won in the MC battle because 'America voted'. This "America" that is voting is just a group of about five or 6 people, you know. Did u watch the last MTV top 10 MC? Lil' Wayne won. I don't find him anywhere on your list. See, i don't mind if y'all think Nas is better than jigga (am indecisive) but u saying "America voted" is biased on your part because everybody knows America is filled with injustices. When they say "America", it cld be just one person representing the whole of this America which contains over 300 million people. Just think about that. wink

Lil' Wayne?
Puhleeeeeeaze, we are talking about the ALL TIME GREATS not some buncha chewing gum rap artistes. . . .

The Jigga Vs Nas battle was followed by a large army of audience. . . . They were fighting crown of KING OF NEW YORK.
Over 300,000 people voted on Hot 97 to determine the WINNER.
There was no injustice whatsoever. . . . .Nasir spits more lyrics than the full-lipped Jigga man.

@ Onyinye2,

Nah. . . . .

Please compare "99 problems" to "Criminal" and get back to me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Video Of Tonto Recording HI In The Studio :D / Eedris Abdulkareem Song: 'Free Nnamdi Kanu & Sunday Igboho' (Video) / Runtown Tops At Vodafone Ghana Music Awards 2017 (full List Of Winners)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.