Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

Nas Vs Jayz - Music/Radio (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nas Vs Jayz (20607 Views)

Hero(nas) Vs A Hero Comes Home(mode9) / Nas Vs Jay Z, Who Is A Better Rapper? / Is Nas Truly a Nigerian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Nobody: 3:53am On Jul 04, 2008
Going by the topic
Nas cheesy
Jay z cheesy
Twista tongue
Busta Rhymes tongue
Common tongue

These are bonuses making it 7 names.
Eminem
Kanye West cool
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 3:55am On Jul 04, 2008
stillwater:

Going by the topic
Nas cheesy
Jay z cheesy
Twista tongue
Busta Rhymes tongue
Common tongue

These are bonuses making it 7 names.
Eminem
Kanye West cool

I am impressed!!!!
U even avoided mentioning 50 cent. . . . .Stilly, must be very intelligent. tongue tongue tongue
Now u can stay!!!!!
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Nobody: 4:01am On Jul 04, 2008
50 cents ko 21 naira ni. My hands are itching to spoil this thread with a rock video tongue
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 4:03am On Jul 04, 2008
Come on. . . .
Don't defile this thread.

Back to topic,
Nas n Jay-Z. . . . . .choose one!!!
Lemme rephrase. . . . . .Who would u rather kiss between Nas and Jay-Z(never mind Jigga's lips). grin
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Nobody: 4:05am On Jul 04, 2008
Yuuucckkk!!!!!!! None!!!!! *Vomits*
Though I prefer Jayz to Nas. Nas is not interesting.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 4:10am On Jul 04, 2008
stillwater:

Yuuucckkk!!!!!!! None!!!!! *Vomits*

U prefer Jay-Z to Nas?? Dayyyyyyyyyyyyum!!!!
Anyways, why vomit??
These are smart entrepreneurs not Mr Manson or Maroon5!!!
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Nobody: 4:17am On Jul 04, 2008
Smart entrepreneurs but no attractive aura to trigger and heighten my awareness in the two cool
Adam Lavigne of Maroon5 , now you're talking cool
Kindly discard Manson into the rubbish bin cool
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 4:25am On Jul 04, 2008
stillwater:

Smart entrepreneurs but no attractive aura to trigger and heighten my awareness in the two cool
Adam Lavigne of Maroon5 , now you're talking cool
Kindly discard Manson into the rubbish bin cool

No attractive aura in Nas n Jay-Z?? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Adam Lavigne looks mal-nourished with his stubble.
Don't discard your 1st love just like that. . . . . .Marilyn Manson rocks ur world. cool
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Nobody: 4:37am On Jul 04, 2008
Don't you see what I see when Adam sings?
His mysterious eyes connect. . .
And I stay transfixed with a lopsided grin ever ready to touch the corners of my lips cool
Nas?
Jayz?
What a mood spoiler!!!! sad angry tongue
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 4:41am On Jul 04, 2008
Just kidding.
Adam is great. . . . . .I like This Love and his efforts on Kanye West's Heard 'Em Say.
He is aiiiight but Rock stars dont gimme the buzz like the words of Nas.
Nas spews rhymes like a prophet. . . . . . . It's like hearing Gandhi speak. cool
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Nobody: 4:51am On Jul 04, 2008
Have you ever heard Gandhi speak? cheesy
Rap don't give me the buzz either. Raggea is far better than it. cool
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 4:56am On Jul 04, 2008
stillwater:

Have you ever heard Gandhi speak? cheesy
Rap don't give me the buzz either. Raggea is far better than it. cool

Ragga/Reggae better than Rap?? Stilly, are u Jamaican??

I have heard him speak several times. Poetic, Subliminal and Articulate.
Thats why i love Rap. . . . .It's the only music genre that allows artistes to express themselves thoroughly.
The freedom of expression is 100%.
Me love it.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Nobody: 4:58am On Jul 04, 2008
What do you mean by freedom of expression? undecided I hope swear words aren't inclusive. undecided
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 5:01am On Jul 04, 2008
stillwater:

What do you mean by freedom of expression? undecided I hope swear words aren't inclusive. undecided

What makes one word swear word and the other permissible.
Who's to say whatz not to say??
Just take it that rap fans don't like hypocrisy.
Say those words like u would say it when no one is looking!!!
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Nobody: 5:09am On Jul 04, 2008
Hannibal:

What makes one word swear word and the other permissible.
Who's to say whatz not to say??
Just take it that rap fans don't like hypocrisy.
Say those words like u would say it when no one is looking??

Hahaha, attacking political/social issues would have won me over but hell no freedom of speech to rap is freedom to talk trash!!!! Bite me!!!!!!!
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 5:17am On Jul 04, 2008
stillwater:

Hahaha, attacking political/social issues would have won me over but hell no freedom of speech to rap is freedom to talk trash!!!! Bite me!!!!!!!

I will bite u!!!!!

Rap is freedom to talk trash . . . . . . . . .Have u listened to "One Moment" by Nas??
Tell me one music genre that could have ripped though the political/economical and social aspects of life like the song did.
From drugs to war to motherless babies to black on black violence. . . . . . . It was like Moses propagating messages to God's people.
Rock, R-n-B, and others don't even honour the dead. . . . . . .Whatz that about??
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Nobody: 5:24am On Jul 04, 2008
Temper, temper cheesy You don't want to blow your frail heart up!!! Now take a cool relaxing breath cheesy
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 5:26am On Jul 04, 2008
stillwater:

Temper, temper cheesy You don't want to blow your frail heart up!!! Now take a cool relaxing breath cheesy

U sinner!!!!
Ma frail heart?? Young heart like mine?? U cant be serious.
I am relaxed. . . . . .I have had several debates on this issue so i aint fazed.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Nobody: 5:36am On Jul 04, 2008
Hannibal:

You sinner!!!!
Ma frail heart?? Young heart like mine?? You can't be serious.
I am relaxed. . . . . .I have had several debates on this issue so i aint fazed.

What's with the sinner part?
Every little thing you exclaim, You sinner!!! What are you? An angel?
I've not listened to "one moment"
But I've to admit, Nas is good with addressing issues that are of importance. wink
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 5:40am On Jul 04, 2008
stillwater:

What's with the sinner part?
Every little thing you exclaim, You sinner!!! What are you? An angel?
I've not listened to "one moment"
But I've to admit, Nas is good with addressing issues that are of importance. wink

Listen to "one moment" on Youtube and tears wld roll down your tiny eyes. tongue grin cheesy

I am an Angel, i told u i have booked ma space on Abraham's bosom.
During the RAPture. . . . .Just hang on to me legs when i am ascending. grin
If u behave yourself from now on. . . . . . . I would smuggle u beyond the pearly gates.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Nobody: 5:46am On Jul 04, 2008
Hannibal:

Listen to "one moment" on Youtube and tears would roll down your tiny eyes. tongue grin cheesy

I am an Angel, i told u i have booked ma space on Abraham's bosom.
During the RAPture. . . . .Just hang on to me legs when i am ascending. grin
If u behave yourself from now on. . . . . . . I would smuggle u beyond the pearly gates.

So you cry like a baby when you listen to Nas, awwww, hehehe, my ribs are breaking again!!!!!!! grin cheesy

Jackal you're a fallen angel!!!! Wake up from your daydreams!!! tongue
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 5:53am On Jul 04, 2008
stillwater:

So you cry like a baby when you listen to Nas, awwww, hehehe, my ribs are breaking again!!!!!!! grin cheesy

Cry??
I just stay sober!!! Shedding tears is a female trait. tongue
And at this rate, u would be ribless by saturday.

Jackal you're a fallen angel!!!! Wake up from your daydreams!!! tongue

We shall see to that.
How come u not sleeping. . . . . . .Whatz ur time difference to GMT??
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Nobody: 6:02am On Jul 04, 2008
Hannibal:

Cry??
I just stay sober!!! Shedding tears is a female trait. tongue
And at this rate, u would be ribless by saturday.

Good phrase for being emotional cheesy, which is pleasant to my ears, anyway. cheesy

We shall see to that.
How come u not sleeping. . . . . . .Whatz your time difference to GMT??

Wooooo, it's 1 am, gotta go to bed. undecided Tell sly I miss his madness. cheesy
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 6:07am On Jul 04, 2008
Sobriety shows you the message coming out is STRONG.
Anyways, i pray u understand. cool

SLY will be on ya tail 2mrw.
Arriverderci to ya. wink
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Bamsyle(m): 9:08am On Jul 04, 2008
OMG Hannibal!!!
You've really disappointed me with the way you've been going on about Fiddy. Quote me anywhere: No true hip hop head anywhere would put Fiddy on his Top 1000 List of Rappers *hisses* What am I even saying? No true hip hop head would put Fiddy on his list of rappers at all.

With those laid-back flows Nah!!!

Yes, the guy's successful. But the major reason that can be adduced for his success is his singing voice. Rolling Stone describes it as "the deceptively amateur-sounding tenor croon that he deploys on almost every chorus"

See, there's no other rapper that does that. But he's blessed with it. It's a commercial weapon. That's why Nate Dogg's hooks on every rap track back in 'em Warren-G, Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre, etc era was bound to appeal to all. Great hooks are very good for rap songs. And every rapper back then ran to Nate Dogg for 'em. Now this Fiddy guy suddenly appears on the scene and does both hooks and *amateur* raps himself. That's his selling point.

Talking philosophically, success does not mean quality.

That dude is a singer! I've never argued about his hooks. And in this real-rap-forsaken generation, where real rap no longer receives applause; Fiddy of course is bound to succeed. This cat should have started his career in the early nineties, dude woulda be a broke ass!

Now tell me one track Fiddy recorded without those hooks that became a hit.

Just name one hardcore rap track he did that became a hit.

I'll
also
pick Game over 50 even if i was a drunk.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by bgees(m): 12:39pm On Jul 04, 2008
The Game's album(The Documentary) was a classic with great songs like:
westside story-(d hardest westcoast hit i heard in a long while.
I just loved d first lines-
crip niggaz,blood niggaz, ESE's, haitians.
Dominicans,puetoricans,white boys,jamaicans
Latin kings,disciples,vice lords,asians.
ALL THESE MUTHERFUCKERS BEEN PATIENTLY WAITING.

Dreams.
Like father,like son and;
The documentary.

His 2nd album floppd ,becos he did'nt work with DRE becos he wantd to prove a silly point to 50-that he could 'survive' without dre. But i guess he has learnt his lessons now.

The blueprint 2 was a great song.
I heard kanye did d instrumentals. And i luvd those flutes at d beginning of d song.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by chiogo(f): 6:42pm On Jul 04, 2008
From Stillwater

Exactly, you got that right. Maybe that's why i also like jigga better although they're both good rappers.
But i think Nas would make a good husband sorry Kelis wink i like the fact that he doesn't rap about hoes and all that.or does he?
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by A40(m): 7:15pm On Jul 04, 2008
@chiogo
He does every now and then

@Hannibal
I was a Fiddy fan till he dropped that crap album called Massacre.My problem is not even with the popness of his songs its the lyrics!! but how can you seriously compare Massacre to Kingdom Come? with tracks like Lost Ones,30 Somethings,Oh My God,Do you wanna ride you gotta be joking dawg
Seriously go and listen to Peep Show with Eminem and tell me Fiddy is not finished tongue they even wasted that fine beat look around the rap game Fiddy is the last person any rapper would want on his track right now i would advice him to do a collabo with Eedris which would definitely cut it for the whackest track on the planet
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 9:11pm On Jul 04, 2008
Bamsyle:

Now tell me one track Fiddy recorded without those hooks that became a hit.
Just name one hardcore rap track he did that became a hit.

Plz be objective. . . . . .Who doesn't drop hooks?
Eminem is a hook guy so what do u expect from 50??
Did u complain when Eminem dropped "Spend Some Time", "We As Americans", "Puke", "Say Goodbye To Hollywood" or "Bonnie n Clyde"??
Whatz wrong with singing hooks?? Thatz his STYLE so let him!!! cool

One hardcore rap track that became a HIT?? Robin n GATman!!!!

A-40:

@chiogo

@Hannibal
I was a Fiddy fan till he dropped that crap album called Massacre.My problem is not even with the popness of his songs its the lyrics!! but how can you seriously compare Massacre to Kingdom Come? with tracks like Lost Ones,30 Somethings,Oh My God,Do you want to ride you gotta be joking dawg
Seriously go and listen to Peep Show with Eminem and tell me Fiddy is not finished tongue they even wasted that fine beat look around the rap game Fiddy is the last person any rapper would want on his track right now i would advice him to do a collabo with Eedris which would definitely cut it for the whackest track on the planet

Kingdom Come to Massacre?? Are u shitting me here??
Can u compare "Show Me What U Got" to "Piggy Bank" or "Robin n Gatman"??
Keep hating while this NY cat keeps stashing his lucci away. The end they say justify its means.
Let it be known that Fiddy ended Ja Rule's career as a Rapper. . . . .That alone puts 50 as the superb one. cool cool cool
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by kaydee(m): 10:22pm On Jul 04, 2008
Hannibal:

Let it be known that Fiddy ended Ja Rule's career as a Rapper. . . .  .That alone puts 50 as the superb one. cool cool cool

Fifty needed the help of his whole G-Unit crew to kill a soloist and they couldn't do it alone,he brought Dre and Eminem in it,Even Busta.Despite all that,Ja Rule's "R.You.L.E" still went platinum.Eminem realized he was dragged into a stupid battle and apologized with "Like Toy Soldiers" The only thing Ja did wrong was diss Dre. Fifty got murdered by Fat Joe and Jadakiss buried him alive.Haa! That's another Emcee i really admire
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 10:37pm On Jul 04, 2008
kaydee:

Fifty needed the help of his whole G-Unit crew to kill a soloist and they couldn't do it alone,he brought Dre and Eminem in it,Even Busta.Despite all that,Ja Rule's "R.You.L.E" still went platinum.Eminem realized he was dragged into a stupid battle and apologized with "Like Toy Soldiers" The only thing Ja did wrong was diss Dre. Fifty got murdered by Fat Joe and Jadakiss buried him alive.Haa! That's another Emcee i really admire

Now i can confirm u know nuthing about Rap!!!!

50 killed Ja Rule on "Back Down" in Get Rich Album. . . . .
Help of which group? 50 didn't need the help of others to lyrically murder Ja Rule and MURDER INC.
Eminem got involved when Ja Rule dissed Em's girlfriend and mum. . . . .Check your facts, son!!!

So "Toy Soldiers" was an apology in your own eyes?? What won't one read on Nairaland.
R-U-L-E never went platinum(at least in USA) . . . .It stood at GOLD and MASSACRE went on to sell 5 million in USA and 11 million worldwide.
50 buried all of em in "Piggy Bank". . . . . . .Ja Rule had to end his own career abruptly cos he couldn't cope with the wave of attacks.

Ja Rule versus 50. . . . . no contest!!!
Jadakiss and Fat Joe?? Baby rappers.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by eldee(m): 10:50pm On Jul 04, 2008
A-40:

@chiogo

@Hannibal
I was a Fiddy fan till he dropped that crap album called Massacre.My problem is not even with the popness of his songs its the lyrics!! but how can you seriously compare Massacre to Kingdom Come? with tracks like Lost Ones,30 Somethings,Oh My God,Do you want to ride you gotta be joking dawg
Not that I'm supporting Massacre or sumn, but c'mon, Kingdom come is JayZ at his very worst
He had already given us the 'I'm rich CEO thing' on Black album and the Linkin Park collabo

Kingdom Come was like 'WTF does he have to say, cut the gangster talk, you own an NBA team'
'Show me what you got' made hiphop fans think the end had come for him like dude, grow up
'Lost Ones' was a poor attempt at telling us how the top felt like . . .
'Oh My God': Sharp lyrics but we heard all that already on Black Album

I could go on forever, the fact was, Jay was on a repeat mode on that album
A little like Fiddy's 'I Still Kill' thing

I think Hov's 'come back like Jordan' was on American Gangster
Kingdom Come is his worst LP ever.

@Hannibal
On the Lupe argument, I actually said Fiddy's 'Get Rich or die tryin' like most debut was really good
But you have to agree that the rest have been repeat, same ol' same ol'

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Throwback: Download All Dagrin Music Here / Runtown Tops At Vodafone Ghana Music Awards 2017 (full List Of Winners) / Video Of Tonto Recording HI In The Studio :D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.