Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,551 members, 7,816,339 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Nas Vs Jayz - Music/Radio (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nas Vs Jayz (20612 Views)

Hero(nas) Vs A Hero Comes Home(mode9) / Nas Vs Jay Z, Who Is A Better Rapper? / Is Nas Truly a Nigerian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 10:01pm On Jul 02, 2008
doyin13:

Aya Matanga ooo. . . . , You jus no go let anything slide sha. You must reply

Olobo pupa tongue tongue cheesy

Talking about female rappers

Where is the MC lyte, Da Brat, Monie B. . . . . Common y'all

Have u been smoking your pubic hair again?
How dare u talk to ma wifey like that??
Modify now before i swarm at u like 1000 angry killer beez.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Chat2MeBac(f): 10:05pm On Jul 02, 2008
doyin13:

Aya Matanga ooo. . . . , You jus no go let anything slide sha. You must reply

Olobo pupa tongue tongue cheesy

I have always known you were autistic, but no one else believed me, NOw you have proven it, Atleast you know the colour of Olobo even it the life of it depended on it, NOW I AM DONE WITH UR ASS, Muy el feo Nino,

@Hannibal, Leave Doyin, He is that kid I used to put to sit at the back of class, NOthing I did to help, he just couldn't grasp the context,

@Chiogo, Doyin likes attention, And he would go that extra mile just to get it,

@DOYIN, as ma siggy says, Chat2MeBac,
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by doyin13(m): 10:11pm On Jul 02, 2008
Chat2MeBac:

@DOYIN, as ma siggy says, Chat2MeBac,

That your back wey u dey use fart your patients to health abi. . . .

Abeg keep am. . . . . . . .

Your back is full of shit. . . . . . . . bullshit cheesy cheesy

@Chiogo

Make you carry dey go you hear. . . . . . . .The sufferagete movement ended back in the 1920's

Berra get on the ''Veggie for all'' movement. . . .It is a lot more up to date.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by bgees(m): 10:19pm On Jul 02, 2008
@Hannibal,

your statement ,'FIDDY IS THE FUTURE OF RAP' makes me worried. You mean after listening to d greats like tupac,nas ,biggie and d rest,u still cant see d fact that 50 is wack and ordinary.
Guys like tupac and biggie will turn in their graves if they heard that statement.

G-unit's 2nd album is out and there is 'nt any hype and public attention for it. This tells u ITS OVER FOR 50 AND HIS CREW.d world has woken up and i'm sure that album will not go gold in a short time.

Its lil'wayne's turn after.

Its a pity a guy like papoose is'nt an 'album' rapper,he is more of a mixtape rapper. If it was'nt for that,he'd be d future.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 11:45pm On Jul 02, 2008
bgees:

G-unit's 2nd album is out and there is 'nt any hype and public attention for it. This tells u ITS OVER FOR 50 AND HIS CREW.d world has woken up and i'm sure that album will not go gold in a short time.

You are the only one that is yet to hear about it. . . . .
So u haven't heard the single "Rider" and "Like The Way You Do It" ??
What planet are u from?? Pluto??
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Bamsyle(m): 11:19am On Jul 03, 2008
@Chat2MeBac
Jay-Z ma ass, All he raps about is how he has been fortunate enough to be the one shagging Queen B, his other hoes, blings and his cars, diot,

Nas raps about life, Everyday situation, He deals with issues people can relate to, Nas for Life,

Well said gurl, and be sure that if you drop an album or mixtape whatever, I'll cop it. I'll be ready to listen to your themes cos we're on da same wavelength.

But I don't get the '411' on the relationship between you and Chiogo anyway just thinking aloud grin

@Hannibal

I just don't get you on this Fiddy issue. At first (with your preference for Biggie/Tupac style), you gave me the impression that you, Let me cut the chase, how can you like Biggie/Pac and descend to Fiddy's level? Fiddy kiss kiss embarassed I understand your solidarity for Nas in that sense. Even Em. But Fiddy? Man, I don't get it!!! If Fiddy's the future of rap, then rap is dead and should RIP!
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 4:21pm On Jul 03, 2008
Bamsyle:

@Hannibal

I just don't get you on this Fiddy issue. At first (with your preference for Biggie/Tupac style), you gave me the impression that you, Let me cut the chase, how can you like Biggie/Pac and descend to Fiddy's level? Fiddy kiss kiss embarassed I understand your solidarity for Nas in that sense. Even Em. But Fiddy? Man, I don't get it!!! If Fiddy's the future of rap, then rap is dead and should RIP!

U are getting things mixed up. . . . .Big/Pac are legends.
No rapper can touch those duo ever as the standard keeps falling n falling.

These days, we have more nursery rhymez than good punch-lines.
In the land of the blind, 50 RULES. . . . . . .
Go n sample TOS(G-Unit).
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Bamsyle(m): 5:21pm On Jul 03, 2008
@Hannibal
You are getting things mixed up. . . . .Big/Pac are legends.
No rapper can touch those duo ever as the standard keeps falling n falling.
These days, we have more nursery rhymez than good punch-lines.

Agreed 100%. Yes you're right

In the land of the blind, 50 RULES. . . . . . .
Go n sample TOS(G-Unit).

Nah Nah & Nah!!! Don't be surprised if I say I don't even feel 50 like I feel Obie Trice, Ludacris and of course Eminem (Em's not even in this category, he's much higher). Each of those cats rap better than Fiddy. You're right it's the land of the blind right now but for me, I'll take those cats before Fiddy anyday!

And I ain't even got no problem with what you said above, my biggest worry is you saying 50's the future of rap; that's way too bleak man! Should we just agree with Nas then and say Hip Hop is dead
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Bamsyle(m): 5:25pm On Jul 03, 2008
And what about The Game Ain't he better than Fiddy
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 5:43pm On Jul 03, 2008
@ Bamsyle,

The Game better than Fiddy??
Name one good song from The Game that had no blessings of Fiddy.
Aftermath/G-unit made THE GAME. . . . . Since he walked out on G-unit, what has become of him.
In the last 12 months . . . . he has admitted he was on the brink of commiting suicide TWICE.

Obie Trice and Ludacris ahead of Fiddy?? No way!!
The problem about people is they put the personality ahead of Rapper's songs!! It can be very deceptive.
I don't look at the dude holding the mic. . . .He can be a Nazi for all i care.
Fiddy spits and trust me, Curtis was disappointing and below par but his latest effort in the G-unit album takes Luda n Obie to the cleaners.

When u sample that album, u would even rate Tony Yayo ahead of Ludacris n Obie.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Bamsyle(m): 5:56pm On Jul 03, 2008
Aiight I haven't sampled the nu album from G-Unit I'll do and I hope it's gonna be worth ma time but get it right I'm not even looking at personalities here. I'm talkin' 'bout their rapping styles. Those two cats Obie and Luda have so far convinced me with their styles better than Fiddy.

And talking 'bout "blessings from Fiddy", what ya mean? Production? Collabo? Well, notwithstanding I got "Dreams", "One Blood" for you. And I even felt The Game more than Fiddy in "Hate It or Love It".

Aftermath/G-unit made THE GAME. . . . . Since he walked out on G-unit, what has become of him.
In the last 12 months . . . . he has admitted he was on the brink of commiting suicide TWICE.

Hey you the man putting personalities in the picture now. I don't care if G-Unot made The Game or if dude commits suicide. Long as we talk about what they spit, I'm game. Fiddy a great hook-man? Yes. But a rapper??. No.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by A40(m): 6:06pm On Jul 03, 2008
@onyinye
Lupe is just tight like that there is no G-Unit artiste currently that can be compared to him

@Hannibal
Me cop a Fiddy album? i wouldnt even accept it as a gift  grin Itunes cant pay me to buy that whack album face it Fiddy is finished i seriously suspect he had a ghostwriter in his Get Rich or Die Tryin LP or how do you explain his next album Massacre?I like the way you do it? that one na song!! it only adds to his growing list of pop songs from Candy Shop to Amusement Park i wouldnt be suprised if he comes out with Barbie Dolls  tongue
Fiddy is a whackawickee MC
@kaydee
Na you sabi! all i know is BIG is way better than Nas.Please tell me one song that BIG made one reference to Nas.F, K Raekwon he has nothing on BIG
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 6:16pm On Jul 03, 2008
@ Bamsyle,

The Game is wack!!!
I spit better than The Game. . . . The guy should find anutha profession.
Remove the words "Dr Dre" and "N.W.A." from Game's lyrics and he is puppy.
How many times must he shout DRE DRE DRE in his song? He loves attaching to huge personalities.

"This is how we do" and "Hate it or love it" were made popular by 50. . . .
Without 50 dropping the hooks n sporadic rhymes, those singles wouldn't have moved units.
Is it a coincidence that none of his other singles moved units like those 2 with 50 featuring??
His songs can't even get to MTV/BET these days. grin grin

@ A-40,

U are living in the past.
Massacre was a success!!!! I don't know the yard-stick u used to brand it as FAILURE.
Every Rapper has a single for the TV/Radio. . . . .Thats standard practice.
Go n listen to TOS and come back to eat back your words.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Bamsyle(m): 6:25pm On Jul 03, 2008
Without 50 dropping the hooks n sporadic rhymes, those singles wouldn't have moved units

Dude, I'm even listening to "How We Do" as I type. Hook Hell yeah. Said it before. Rhymes Worse still sporadic? I don't get it. Or did you mean epileptic The Game's lines were over and above Fiddy's. Check out Fiddy's wacky opening lines:

50, uhnn
Bentley, uhhn

WTF!

Talk about Nursery rhymes!

Maybe if you remove the word "Westside" from Pac's raps then he'll be a puppy too I don't see anything wrong in The Game shouting Dre or whateva.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 6:38pm On Jul 03, 2008
Bamsyle:

Dude, I'm even listening to "How We Do" as I type. Hook Hell yeah. Said it before. Rhymes Worse still sporadic? I don't get it. Or did you mean epileptic The Game's lines were over and above Fiddy's. Check out Fiddy's wacky opening lines:

50, uhnn
Bentley, uhhn

WTF!

Talk about Nursery rhymes!

Maybe if you remove the word "Westside" from Pac's raps then he'll be a puppy too I don't see anything wrong in The Game shouting Dre or whateva.

Nah. . . . . . . .
That was the theme of the song!!!
The producer musta told em to start the song like that. . . . Remember The Game also started his verse like that!!!!
Check out 50's closing rap punch-lines(that was the best part of the song).

Tha Game screams DRE DRE DRE unneccesarily in his rhymes. . . It's pathetic.
He cannot rap at all. . . . . .Heard his album has been pushed back cos of G-unit's album.
Give it up for FIDDY.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by A40(m): 6:54pm On Jul 03, 2008
@Hannibal
You cant tell me nothing about this rap stuff.Massacre was really a massacre! Fiddy Massacred his career in that album and it has been downhill since! thats not a rap album no wonder he didnt feature any credible artist on that album.Fiddy is a pop rapper even L.L Cool J didnt stoop this low
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 7:06pm On Jul 03, 2008
A-40:

@Hannibal
You can't tell me nothing about this rap stuff.Massacre was really a massacre! Fiddy Massacred his career in that album and it has been downhill since! thats not a rap album no wonder he didnt feature any credible artist on that album.Fiddy is a pop rapper even L.L Cool J didnt stoop this low

The Massacre album sold 1.14 million copies in its first four days of release, making it the sixth fastest-selling album since SoundScan began tracking sales data in 1991.
It is the second best opening week for any rap album in history, behind Eminem's The Marshall Mathers LP and finished as the second-best selling album of 2005 with 4.85 million copies sold, behind Mariah Carey's The Emancipation of Mimi.
It has been certified 6x Platinum with over 6 million copies sold in the U.S. and 11 million worldwide.

Is this your idea of a massacre?? The only thing i can deduce here is 50 massacred SoundScan.
This album sold 2 million copies in India(Thats the depth). wink
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by A40(m): 7:51pm On Jul 03, 2008
@Hannibal
Record sales!! That is my point exactly that album was so watered down it had to sell if it where down to record sales alone then people like Nas wouldnt not be mentioned among rappers.Just drop it we both know Massacre wasd a whack album and Fiddy has not recovered since
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by doyin13(m): 8:09pm On Jul 03, 2008
That is what parochial minded folks always bring up.

Sales. . . . .Sales. . . . . . .Sales.

Hannibal, you are a Pop Music fan, not a Hip Hop head.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 8:28pm On Jul 03, 2008
doyin13:

That is what parochial minded folks always bring up.

Sales. . . . .Sales. . . . . . .Sales.

Hannibal, you are a Pop Music fan, not a Hip Hop head.

You are a ponce!!!!!
What do u know about Rap?? This is not Juju/Fuji so go suck a cock.

A-40:

@Hannibal
Record sales!! That is my point exactly that album was so watered down it had to sell if it where down to record sales alone then people like Nas wouldnt not be mentioned among rappers.Just drop it we both know Massacre wasd a whack album and Fiddy has not recovered since

You said the album was a failure . . . .I brought out facts that prove the album aint a failure.
The same album that had tracks like "I'm supposed to die tonight", "Ski-Mask way", "Get in my car", "Piggy Bank" can't be a wack album.
Lets compare it with Jay-Z's Kingdom Come album or Nas' Hip Hop is Dead and see which was better.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by doyin13(m): 8:52pm On Jul 03, 2008
Hannibal

I will take you to the candy shop

I will not let you lick my lolipop. . . . . . .
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by bgees(m): 11:13pm On Jul 03, 2008
Is Hannibal still draggin this 50 issue.
Lets just face it Hannibal,u dont really like rap, YOU JUST WANNA DANCE!

As far i am concerned 50cent is d luckiest rapper alive. If The Massacre was a good album,then snow falls in naija.
The Game's 1st album,u would'nt be criticising him name droppin. Besides ,The Documentary was a classic. I'll pick Game over 50 even if i was a drunk.

Gettin back to d original topic. I was glad, jay-z went at NaS.because he brought out d best in NaS .The best which had not been seen since It Was Written. Stillmatic will be with me for years.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by osasp(m): 11:41pm On Jul 03, 2008
dis thread is d shyt
yall shud go listen 2 games 'dope boys'
its a new joint

its really tite
wiv a beat u bob ur head to
a dr dre type beat xept it aint dre

drop ur reviews
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 2:54am On Jul 04, 2008
bgees:

Lets just face it Hannibal,u don't really like rap, YOU JUST WANNA DANCE!

As far i am concerned 50cent is d luckiest rapper alive. If The Massacre was a good album,then snow falls in naija.
The Game's 1st album,u would'nt be criticising him name droppin. Besides ,The Documentary was a classic. I'll pick Game over 50 even if i was a drunk.

Gettin back to d original topic. I was glad, jay-z went at NaS.because he brought out d best in NaS .The best which had not been seen since It Was Written. Stillmatic will be with me for years.

The Game's album was soap. . . . . . Just an endless stream of bullshit throughout apart from Hate It Or Love It and How We Do.
50 is the luckiest rapper?? Thats funny. . . . .Are u tryna say there was no hardwork?
Luck just took Fiddy from the Ghetto to counting 9 figures?? Fiddy's mother must be Sarah or Sheba. grin cheesy

Stillmatic was a CLASSIC!!!!
The intro of the album just blew me apart with his "Blood Of A Slave. . . . Heart Of A King" rants. . . . .
Tracks like "Ether" "U Are Da Man" "Rewind" and "One Mic" are too advanced for the feeble minds. . . It was SUBLIME.

Meanwhile, Jigga's "Blueprint 2" diss at Nas was also dope. . . . .That was TIGHT. cheesy grin
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Nobody: 3:01am On Jul 04, 2008
bgees:

[b]Lets just face it Hannibal,u don't really like rap, YOU JUST WANNA DANCE![/b]As far i am concerned 50cent is d luckiest rapper alive. If The Massacre was a good album,then snow falls in naija.

Bgees you crushed my ribs. grin grin grin Good one!!!!!!!!! kiss cool
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 3:11am On Jul 04, 2008
stillwater:

Bgees you crushed my ribs. grin grin grin Good one!!!!!!!!! kiss cool

Why ain't i surprised.
The ribs of a lil rat is brittle so it gets crushed easily.
Sinner. tongue
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Nobody: 3:28am On Jul 04, 2008
Must my statement be taken literally? Bgees has exposed your hide. You don't even know rap, hehe. Wow, this is sweet!!!! grin
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 3:33am On Jul 04, 2008
Bgeez know nuthing about Rap if he says Fiddy is dud.
50 is great. . . . .Not necessarily a Rap Legend but he is one of the top dogs. grin cheesy

Now run to your Rock thread and listen to some Aerosmith or Marilyn Manson.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Nobody: 3:35am On Jul 04, 2008
Of course I'll take my leave gracefully from this boring thread cool
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 3:37am On Jul 04, 2008
stillwater:

Of course I'll take my leave gracefully from this boring thread cool

I can let you stay if u tell me 10 Rappers you know.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Nobody: 3:47am On Jul 04, 2008
Ten is too much. . .
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 3:48am On Jul 04, 2008
Make it 5 and not one LESS . . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Throwback: Download All Dagrin Music Here / Video Of Tonto Recording HI In The Studio :D / Runtown Tops At Vodafone Ghana Music Awards 2017 (full List Of Winners)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.