Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,972 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections (7742 Views)

IBB Shuns Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections In Niger / Presidential, National Assembly Elections Vicious – Soyinka / National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by stchrischu: 10:46pm On Apr 02, 2011
ladies n gentlemen,concerning the election for 2day, ITS APRIL FOOL,see u guys on monday. thank you". jega.
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by Adanora: 11:23pm On Apr 02, 2011
Non of d above. Its better 2 postpone dan 2 Rig. JEGA did well, Our democracy has gotten 2 a level when Nigerians av 2 make sacrifice 4 it. Anytin worth doin is worth doin well. I commend JEGA, weldone. At least we av an honest INEC chairman 4 once
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by kliffo(m): 11:31pm On Apr 02, 2011
I suspect that this is sabotage. We need to be furnished with details of the contractor handling
the supply of voting materials. I bet the person has been compromised to make this administration
and not Jega appear incompetent. Some people are bent on having this power at all cost. I believe
that it the same set of people responsible for all the bombings that are behind this.
The speed which some leaders employed in praising Jega for his courage is suspicious.
The civil society groups clamoured for Jega (Mr. Integrity) and GEJ obliged them. His incompetence
should not be blamed on GEJ.
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by Eziachi: 11:43pm On Apr 02, 2011
Does INEC has something like a MOCK election run well before the actually election to ascertain where they will likely have problems, and then re-do it as many times possible as part of their training?
Tell me any team that will turn up on the match day and expect to win without practising before hand all sorts of tactics, watching previous matches especially the ones they lost to see what they can avert mistakes if the occasion arises again.
Nigeria is really a cursed nation- will never get anything right, just about anything. A real shame.
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by stildude(m): 11:44pm On Apr 02, 2011
make una relax , na continuation of 'april fool' Nigerians fell for it.
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by userlist(f): 2:19am On Apr 03, 2011
I'm amazed at Nigerians for supporting ineptitude. (GEJ)
Let face it:
1. When Alesiamegha was stealing Goodluck folded his hands and just watched? (impossible)
2. What was his achievement as deputy governor? None
3. He lied when he said he spoke to Yar'udua on numerous occasion when he was sick (we are all witness)
4. His wife is as corrupt as any big corrupt person in Nigeria (remember 2 EFCC cases)
5. No balls, remember how Turai caged him before and after he became acting president
6. Remember how security officials took over Abuja airport.
7. He was in-charge of the committee that looked after power generation during Yar'udua (as minister)
8. Said MENDs are not terrorist
9. Received Bode George with open hands
10. He said Babaginda is his mentor
11. OBJ is his Godfather
12. Tony Aneni is his Godfather
13. EFCC/ICPC is dead under his watch.
14. Halliburton/Siemens/Julius Berger scandal hasn't been giving priority
15. Hasn't done anything about the bomb blast all over the country
16. External reserve depleted under his watch
17. Excess crude oil account depleted under his watch
18. Agreed to a debate but chickened out in the last minute
19. Uduahan is a wanted man in England but GEJ make sure he won his re-election
20. Almost all known rouges in Nigeria today is a friend to GEJ
21. He said power problem will be a thing of the past in December 2010 (now shifted to 2015)
22. GEJ doesn't know how many percent of the budget has been implemented
23. Igbinedion is charged with corruption but GEJ right hand man is Igbinedion's deputy
24. He sent Orubebe to South Africa 6mths. to see orka before the independent bomb blast
25. Patricia Etteh/Farida Waziri given national award by Goodluck Jonathan
26. Called south west political leaders bunch of rascals
27. Junket around the globe with too many aids (no wonder our reserve is no more)
28. During Yar'adua we had 60 plus advisers and assistant now GEJ added about 57
29. He made his Senegalese tailor and his wife hair dresser personal assistant
30. Bribed those that voted for him during the primaries with $7,000 (multiplied by 2000 + people)
31. Refuse to bring those bad eggs that prevented him from becoming acting president
32. Yar'udua's signature was forged on the supplementary budget (nothing done till date)
33. Yar'udua's security vote was stollen during the saga ( nothing done till date)

Nigerians Please Think before you vote
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by Gbenge77(m): 2:35am On Apr 03, 2011
its really a shame.
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by Rossikk(m): 2:47am On Apr 03, 2011
userlist said:

30. Bribed those that voted for him during the primaries with $7,000 (multiplied by 2000 + people)

AND WE ALL JUST KNOW THAT A 'PRESIDENT USERLIST' WILL BLUNTLY REFUSE TO ''BRIBE'' ANYBODY ON THE ROAD TO RE-ELECTION AS PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA IF HE WERE IN JONATHAN'S SHOES - IN NIGERIA.

Talk About The Quintessential Nigerian One Term President. Clap For Yourself. Your treasure awaits you in heaven.

Personally I've stopped taking any of you noisemakers serious.

Is there still any Nigerian above age 4 who seriously expects us to believe that as president seeking re-election, he would not find some way to 'DROP SOMETHING' for his party delegates when it comes to securing his position in primaries?

I'm sorry but THAT'S THE NIGERIAN WAY.

IT'S NOT GONNA CHANGE ANYTIME SOON, NO MATTER WHO'S IN POWER.

I really don't know what planet some people here are living on.

Is anyone seriously suggesting that either of Tinubu, Ribadu, Shekarau, or Buhari, IN THE VERY SAME CIRCUMSTANCES, would not garner some form of INDUCEMENT to shower on delegates in order to ease their path to re-election?

Do you people take Nigerians for fools or what

I don't even have time to go into the other points on your list. Suffice it to add they all reek of the same rank  hypocrisy as the aforementioned.
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by dayokanu(m): 2:54am On Apr 03, 2011
userlist:

Let face it:
1. When Alesiamegha was stealing Goodluck folded his hands and just watched? (impossible)
3. He lied when he said he spoke to Yar'udua on numerous occasion when he was sick (we are all witness)
4. His wife is as corrupt as any big corrupt person in Nigeria (remember 2 EFCC cases)
5. No balls, remember how Turai caged him before and after he became acting president
7. He was in-charge of the committee that looked after power generation during Yar'udua (as minister)
11. OBJ is his Godfather
21. He said power problem will be a thing of the past in December 2010 (now shifted to 2015)
23. Igbinedion is charged with corruption but GEJ right hand man is Igbinedion's deputy
24. He sent Orubebe to South Africa 6mths. to see orka before the independent bomb blast
27. Junket around the globe with too many aids (no wonder our reserve is no more)
28. During Yar'adua we had 60 plus advisers and assistant now GEJ added about 57
31. Refuse to bring those bad eggs that prevented him from becoming acting president
32. Yar'udua's signature was forged on the supplementary budget (nothing done till date)
33. Yar'udua's security vote was stollen during the saga ( nothing done till date)

GEJ is a shameful person
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by ominid1: 3:04am On Apr 03, 2011
if the delay was caused by saboteurs, their reasons would be , to either get the postponement which has already been secured, which then would buy them enuff time to duplicate or replicate ballot boxes and electoral items perfectly,or to create an incoherent voting pattern which will cause votes to be cancelled in many polling centres ,even states ,and aid the saboteurs to carry the day. My opinion is there is something fishy and we need to be extremely vigilant.

I suggest the SSS should improve monitoring of the following people

1, top inec officials in each ward
2, political party chairmen
3, some selected NYSC members
4, the aspirants
5, the millitary guys who have access to the election materials
6, the big chiefs and alhaji's in various wards
7, the state governors

Lets be better prepared against Monday April 4th the saboteurs still have other cards to play out and I think we should try and out think them by creating all the possible scenarios they can bring up again and ensuring that their plots to disenfranchise ,cheat and rig elections does not succeed.

May God bless Nigeria and Nigerians . Amen
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by okadaman2: 3:06am On Apr 03, 2011
Rossikk:

userlist said:

AND WE ALL JUST KNOW THAT A 'PRESIDENT USERLIST' WILL BLUNTLY REFUSE TO ''BRIBE'' ANYBODY ON THE ROAD TO RE-ELECTION AS PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA IF HE WERE IN JONATHAN'S SHOES - IN NIGERIA.

Talk About The Quintessential Nigerian One Term President. Clap For Yourself. Your treasure awaits you in heaven.

Personally I've stopped taking any of you noisemakers serious.

Is there still any Nigerian above age 4 who seriously expects us to believe that as president seeking re-election, he would not find some way to  DROP CASH for his party delegates when it comes to securing his position in primaries?

I really don't know what planet some people here are living on.

Is anyone seriously suggesting thet either of Tinubu, Ribadu, Shekarau, or Buhari, IN THE SAME CIRCUMSTANCES would not garner some form of INDUCEMENT to shower on delegates in order to ease their path to re-election?

Do you people take Nigerians for fools or what

I don't even have time to go into the other points on your list. Suffice it to add they all reek of the same stinking hypocrisy as the aforementioned.

Smart Dude! So What is your point?

Because "Userlist" will likely bribe since he's a Nigerian like GEJ then we should all clap for PDP and Jonathan and celebrate their bribery and corruption?

So no need to condemn a man that gave $7,000 each to delegates out of Public money, because it is the common thing to do shey?

So no need to obey the law now, since we are all potential law breakers?

Only GEJ is more MUMU than you. shocked  You are a very sensible MUMU.

Because you like GEJ, and your PDP family spends Government money as they like does not mean USERLIST should keep quiet.

Efulefu Asswipe like you.
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by Rossikk(m): 3:12am On Apr 03, 2011
Okada man said:

Smart Dude! So What is your point?

Because "Userlist" will likely bribe since he's a Nigerian like GEJ then we should all clap for PDP and Jonathan and celebrate their bribery and corruption?

So no need to condemn a man that gave $7,000 each to delegates out of Public money, because it is the common thing to do shey?

So no need to obey the law now, since we are all potential law breakers?

Only GEJ is more MUMU than you.   You are a very sensible MUMU.

Because you like GEJ, and your PDP family spends Government money as they like does not mean USERLIST should keep quiet.

Efulefu Asswipe like you.

Yawnnnn. Dude. Put your honour where your mouth is.

Tell us right here and now that as president of Nigeria seeking another term in office, you will not spend a single naira as inducement for any single one of your party delegates prior to the primaries, faced with stiff competition from other heavyweights!!

Say it now loud and clear let us hear you!
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by Rossikk(m): 3:16am On Apr 03, 2011
Not surprised you ducked the challenge.

You know, even your own wife, parents, children, friends, and kinsmen will label you a HE-GOAT if, as sitting president, you fail to 'drop' for your party delegates before the primaries.

The truth is that many of the things we like to blame ''our leaders'' for actually stem from us, the people.
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by userlist(f): 3:24am On Apr 03, 2011
@Rossikk

A crime is a crime no matter who commits it (what is your point)

Is anyone seriously suggesting thet either of Tinubu, Ribadu, Shekarau, or Buhari, IN THE SAME CIRCUMSTANCES would not garner some form of INDUCEMENT to shower on delegates in order to ease their path to re-election?

I wasn't refering to those guys you mentioned but GEJ what is wrong with you people.
If I see a murderer I should keep quiet because somebody else will do same some day (how smart)

You know, even your own wife, parents, children, friends, and kinsmen will label you a HE-GOAT if, as sitting president, you fail to 'drop' for your party delegates before the primaries.

So it is written in our constitution to deplete the national reserve to please your political friends at the expense of the country. Where are you from anyway. We always blame other people for our own nemesis.

The truth is that many of the things we like to blame ''our leaders'' for actually stem from us, the people.
You tell me the sense in this statement

I don't even have time to go into the other points on your list. Suffice it to add they all reek of the same rank  hypocrisy as the aforementioned.

Tell me which of those things are made up. Which one is hypocrisy

ALL I'M SAYING IS VOTE WISELY
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by okadaman2: 3:26am On Apr 03, 2011
Rossikk said

Yawnnnn. Dude. Put your honour where your mouth is.

Tell us right here and now that as president of Nigeria seeking another term in office, you will not spend a single naira as inducement for any one of your party delegates prior to the primaries!!

Say it now loud and clear let us hear you!

Better go and sleep if sleep dey catch you. Smart Nigerian undecided

You are even sillier that I thought, So if I tell you I won't steal, I won't break the law and I won't bribe, online. How will you hold me accountable?

Remember, you already expect me to do it and you are not ready to speak against it.

I'm not in government, Worry about me when I get there, address your president's corruption and stop trying to explain Bribery away.

Everybody will steal so no need to condemn stealing, Anybody can commit murder so why condemn it? <<<<<<< asswipe logic!!
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by adino(m): 3:34am On Apr 03, 2011
My people please vote wisely. There is a great influx of voters for Durosinmi etti of the labour party because he was one of the greatest backers of a cowardly Fashola, so Oga Tinubu refused him nomination and gave his wife the senate ticket. Do not forget that Sossan the deputy govenor and Mamora also lost their tickets because of their support for Fashola.
If only I reside in Lagos central, my vote will definitely go to labour party. Please, every eligible voters in the house vote for the LP guy, do not dash Tinubu an undeserved vote.
ACN has chosen to be an autocratic party just like the most feared and notorious PDP. Personally, I will vote for Ganiyu Solomon for senate (ACN), and LP or CPC for House of Rep (Faleke the ACN guy is a Thief), G.E.J for president, Fashola for Governor (I forgive the coward for refusing to decamp to LP Or any other party other than PDP) and LP or CPC for the House of Assembly.
My people, Fashola will either not perform this 2nd term or he will be impeached if he tries to perform, because all the candidates of ACN for L.A.H.A are tinubu stooges and Ass lickers. If you truly love Fashola and want him to perform then vote for Durosinmi etti of the labour party for Senate (I wish I were at Lagos central) and Labour Party for all house of Assembly positions. Since all of Fashola supporters that were denied ACN tickets ran to Labour Party for cover only for the cowardly Fashola to rebuke Lp in a public campaign as directed by his gods.
In this election, let us vote for candidates and not political parties since all the parties are just the same, let us join hands together and remove the most feared and notorious PDP and ten disgrace other politicians who think they are godfathers.
In as much as I hate PDP, my vote is on G.E.J since Ribadu is a farce and BB though okay but will lose the election as the G.E.J vision is unstoppable.
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by Rossikk(m): 3:37am On Apr 03, 2011
okada man said:

Better go and sleep if sleep dey catch you. Smart Nigerian

I'm wide awake to your hypocrisy.

You are even sillier that I thought, So if I tell you I won't steal, I won't break the law and I won't bribe, online. How will you hold me accountable?

I don't need to. Simply tell us WHAT YOU WILL DO.

See? You can't even bring yourself to say you will act like the saint you expect another man to be, ie Jonathan.

Remember, you already expect me to do it and you are not ready to speak against it.

Speaking ''against it'' starts from SELF.

You fight corruption by not being corrupt YOURSELF. It's the ONLY way. You do not fight corruption by pointing the finger of blame at others and ignoring/downplaying your own corrupt instincts.

I'm not in government, Worry about me when I get there

NO. Corruption must be uprooted from SOCIETY before it can be uprooted from government.

If your relative was appointed Vice President, what would be your reaction?

Would you think ''this is my time to hit it big''?

If you would, you are corrupt.

It is the pressure of thousands of relatives, friends, kinsmen, and 'godfathers' on political appointees that lead them to be corrupt. Each of these groups sees a political appointee as their ticket to great wealth. End that mentality AMONG THE PEOPLE, and you end corruption.

A nation gets the leaders it deserves.
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by Onlytruth(m): 4:15am On Apr 03, 2011
Posted by: userlist

Let face it:
11. OBJ is his Godfather

Yea right! undecided
You want us to replace your alleged pick pocket with a proven single minded, mean, frowning and "never laughing" armed robber. undecided I call that reverse smartness. cool

You want us to replace your Robin Hood with Adolf Hitler.I dey laff! At least under GEJ, money dey waka for Naija road.
Business man go see am!
Under mister Taliban, na for Damaturu you go see am o! South go turn to desert, north go turn to rain forest. cry

Yes, use your head, think before you vote! cool cool cool
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by userlist(f): 4:29am On Apr 03, 2011
@Onlytruth
Tell me GEJ's position on what NANS take home is every month and
remembers he is suppose to defend the constitution.
NANS members take home millions every month that does not tally
with their suppose pay. What has he done?
Remember what fearless Sanusi said about them and president refuse to act.
Can you kindly tell me what he is waiting for or he does not respect the constitution.
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by okadaman2: 4:30am On Apr 03, 2011
Rossikk said:

I'm wide awake to your hypocrisy.

My eyes are not closed to your own hypocrisy too, You are like a thief, trying to accuse the Farmer of stealing just to gain an advantage, cheesy

You are the one giving silly excuses for GEJ and PDP's corruption, you are the one explaining bribery away because you read an anonymous poster condemning corruption in his country.

You are the Hypocrite, Stop trying to use MUMU sense here.

I don't need to. Simply tell us WHAT YOU WILL DO.

See? You can't even bring yourself to say you will act like the saint you expect another man to be, ie Jonathan.

MUMU, You are still jumping into conclusions about what you don't know, You are the one giving excuses for corruption bro, because you think all Nigerians are corrupt and will act like GEJ,. Yet you want me to discuss what I will do with you? After Jumping into conclusions about people you know nothing about?

I repeat, how will you hold me accountable? The same way you are finding excuses for Jonathan?

Speaking ''against it'' starts from SELF.

Why are you now preaching? So you now understand that self-accountability matters shey?

I thought we are all corrupt, irredeemable and we should not speak out against bribery. Who is the Hypocrite now?

I thought you were a SEER and you knew so much about the 'SELF" in every Single Nigerian to have said this earlier;

Is there still any Nigerian above age 4 who seriously expects us to believe that as president seeking re-election, he would not find some way to  DROP CASH for delegates when it comes to securing his position in primaries?

And even if they do, we should clap for them and defend their actions? shey? right?

You fight corruption by not being corrupt YOURSELF. It's the ONLY way. You do not fight corruption by pointing the finger of blame at others and ignoring/downplaying your own corrupt instincts.

So we fight corruption by jumping into conclusions about every Nigerian we meet on forums and decide they will bribe and Steal?

So a judge Should first condemn himself for the crimes he possibly committed before sentencing a criminal? Or maybe he should Just clap for the criminal and send them on their way? at the rate you are going, you might actually be denser than Jonathan.

You may be tired of listening to Nigerians preach, but accusing someone you don't know, making assumptions about their morality or sense of justice, when you can't even bring yourself to condemn a public servant and a known law breaker is silly and you know it. Well maybe you don't undecided

NO. Corruption must be uprooted from SOCIETY before it can be uprooted from government.

If your relative was appointed Vice President, what would be your reaction?

Would you think ''this is my time to hit it big''?

If you would, you are corrupt.

And You know USERLIST does not believe this? how? and I don't? Nigerian expert, speak for yourself jor!

If you want to preach, do so, But don't use your Support for GEJ and PDP as an opportunity to deride the conviction and resolve of people who come on here to express their disgust about their Government.

WE know about PDP and GEJ's bribery, They bribed those delegate, even you acknowledged that, We don't know "USERLIST" let us deal with what we know, That is one way you can 'Uproot Corruption"

It is the pressure of thousands of relatives, friends, kinsmen, and 'godfathers' on political appointees that lead them to be corrupt. Each of these groups sees a political appointee as their ticket to great wealth. End that mentality AMONG THE PEOPLE, and you end corruption.

And You are the only one who knows this? So we should keep quiet about Government Corruption and You should call everyone who condemns it Hypocrites just because you have internet access?
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by userlist(f): 4:34am On Apr 03, 2011
@okada_man

How I wish every Nigerian is like meeen
Then maybe our dear country will progress.
Thanks a million and keep the fight going.
How I wish I know you personally.
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by userlist(f): 4:39am On Apr 03, 2011
@Rossiik
How come Buhari hasn't stollen us blind just like those you are defending.
I don't know you so I will not raise any assumption on you but your post
is even more corrupt than those we are fighting
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by Onlytruth(m): 4:44am On Apr 03, 2011
@userlist

The mistake folks like you make is to assume that Nigeria's greatest problem is graft/theft. Well, those are big, but our greatest problem is INJUSTICE, when a section of the country sees itself as the lord of the country. Look at the presidential material that they want us to vote for -a half educated military dictator.  undecided cry

This is Nigeria, the most powerful black nation on earth, with the highest number of black graduates worldwide; yet a non-graduate is being presented as electable. undecided

Pray, on a fair platform, could GEJ and Buhari discuss policy issues with the same level of understanding? NO!

I know that education is not all in leadership, but it HELPS A LOT.

When we have passed this level whereby a semi-literate would be using his sections population advantage to climb the top echelon ahead of a more educated and balanced counterpart from a minority zone, only then can we even discuss corruption and the like. It is too early in the day.

For now, JUSTICE FIRST!  cool

Vote GEJ.  cool cool
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by okadaman2: 4:47am On Apr 03, 2011
@okada_man

How I wish every Nigerian is like meeen
Then maybe our dear country will progress.
Thanks a million and keep the fight going.
How I wish I know you personally.

@userlist, Thank you my fellow Naija pesin! Hopefully we will meet on another thread.

I can't stand all these i/di/o/ts who come on here to shout down Nigerians because their PDP papa don pay their school fees with stolen money, they assume everybody is like them because PDP gave their family government contracts.  Asswipes!
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by userlist(f): 5:00am On Apr 03, 2011
@Onlytruth
This is Nigeria, the most powerful black nation on earth, with the highest number of black graduates worldwide; yet a non-graduate is being presented as electable.

You tell me what the graduate we have at the helm of affairs have achieved so far.

Pray, on a fair platform, could GEJ and Buhari discuss policy issues with the same level of understanding? NO!

I don't want issues discussed, I want to see result.

When we have passed this level whereby a semi-literate would be using his sections population advantage to climb the top echelon ahead of a more educated and balanced counterpart from a minority zone, only then can we even discuss corruption and the like. It is too early in the day.

This shows you are voting on sentiment and it is a tribal thing to you.
I'm from Edo and I don't care where my president is from as long as
he delivers
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by 9ijaMan: 5:37am On Apr 03, 2011
@userlist & okada_man,
Great job! I'm indeed impressed and overwhelmed to know that many more Nigerians are still as patriotic as you guys. God bless you both.
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by ADint(m): 8:32am On Apr 03, 2011
This is complete incompetence!! The materials should have been ready at least a week before the elections, with Jega or someone very high up in Inec going to physically inspect them - then all that would have remained was delivery! The excuse of inability to get flights is rubbish, the materials were not printed and ready on time!
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by Remii(m): 8:47am On Apr 03, 2011
This notwithstanding, Keyamo said “while Jega must accept this stick from us for this setback, we must commend him for the courage and humility to accept the blame and to quickly save the situation by canceling the entire exercise. That was the best decision under the circumstance. Under Prof. Maurice Iwu, it is under the same circumstance that results were announced where no voting took place and winners were declared – situations that Prof. Iwu also defended with so much vigour. In this case, instead of defending the indefensible, Prof. Jega decided to eat his humble pie.”
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by Nobody: 9:26am On Apr 03, 2011
This is absolute sabotage by pdp.their plan has always been that the presidential election should come first and some powerful shots within the party have vowed to make that possible.
the idea behind what happened yesterday is to postpone the NASS election and make up a later date after the presidential might have been conducted or better still to conduct the NASS and presidential on the same day in order to draw sympathy votes for jonathan.my advice to the opposition is to allow for the conduct of the NASS before the presidential election in order to checkmate any unforseen attempts by pdp to rig the election.Who knows maybe there is already a cabal in Inec running things behind Jega for pdp ?
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by kafanchan: 9:43am On Apr 03, 2011
As far as I am concerned o, Jega has not failed yet. He will only fail if he cannot conduct free and fair election. What all well meaning Nigerains want from him is free and fair election, not for an election to be conducted in a day. So if it takes him one week each to conduct each set of the elections, as long as it is free and fair, I dont give a damn.

It is better as the materials arrived late than for the materials to arrive early and be hijacked by People Deceive People. I think Jega trust only himself, he doesnt trust security agencies to protect the materials, he doesnt trust CBN vaults to protect the materials for a long time, that is why he wanted the materials to arrive very late. unfortunately, the thing backfired. But the good news is that, like yoruba people will say, o ba ni, ko ti i baje (e just spoil small , e neva spoil finish). Let us pray, not for Jega and INEC as persons, but for Jega and INEC as deciders of our fate. Nigerians have a lot to lose if Jega fails, so let us not wish him failure. Please and please, our hope depends on this man, so let us pray for him, it is obvious he has a good mind. Any body that wants to sabotage Jega s effort, be it Jonathan,PDP, or you and me, HOLY GHOST FIREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by Eziachi: 9:50am On Apr 03, 2011
Rossikk:

Not surprised you ducked the challenge.

You know, even your own wife, parents, children, friends, and kinsmen will label you a HE-GOAT if, as sitting president,  you fail to 'drop' for your party delegates before the primaries.

To many like you that is what leadership is all about, whatever means it takes, as long as you sit on top of public purse its alright. Why would all these people call him "He Goat" for refusing to bribe, while telling the world that he is very much sure of his popularity or are you now saying that he is not as popular as you make us belief that he hs to resort to buying votes from people that supposed to love and trust him?
How much fresh air from one side of your nose but your mouth is blessing bribery and corruption!

Your thought is that every person that speaks about the glaring incompetence and ineptness of Jonathan is a supporter of his opponents. I had spoke my mind on many occasions with reasons that Jonathan is not only corrupt but cannot be trusted and he is a liar.
This is the man that told us that he was speaking with Yar Adua and behind the scene he told the Americans that the last he saw/spoke to Yar Adua was the November the year before hand? Have you forgotten? That is the most bare face lie any person govt has got away with in the recent years.
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by Ark111: 9:54am On Apr 03, 2011
I have reservation about conducting credible election this time around. The rigging is still very much in place. What explanation do you give to the following cases:

1. Some of the trained electoral officers were rejected on the election day and replace with some party loyalist.
2. Within the same local government area, electoral materials were sent to some polling stations while some were yet to receive electoral material or even see electoral officers as at 1.00pm on election.

This show that electoral fraudsters are very much around adopting different strategies along with some unrepentant INEC officials to rig elections.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Plateau Indigenes Kick Over New Igp / Buhari To Submit 2021 Budget Next Week / Fintiri Grants N10,000 Subsidy Allowances To Workers, Pensioners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.