Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,907 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections (7741 Views)

IBB Shuns Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections In Niger / Presidential, National Assembly Elections Vicious – Soyinka / National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by Onlytruth(m): 7:41pm On Apr 03, 2011
To decode Buhari:

ObJ (dictatorship + life presidency) + Sharia + sectional chauvinism = Buhari

QED.  cool cool cool

For me, I'm just watching.

The devil's advocate tells me that Nigeria must divide through war or peacefully, but I'm hoping that I'm wrong.

Some of Buhari's supporters don't believe in Nigeria.
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by okadaman2: 7:48pm On Apr 03, 2011
Rossikk:

okada man said:

I know enough about YOU to know you are unwilling to declare on NL that YOU would not drop KOLA for delegates as president.

I also know enough about you to observe that you wish to cover this personal character flaw with vitriolic abuse.

Hopefully, forumers are not too swayed by your antics.

Why did you not address the specific scenarios I referred to, such as the Queue?

Is it because you know they're true?

If you would jump the queue you WILL be an embezzler of public funds.

How many times do YOU break the law every day in Nigeria?

Do you even think about the law when you do whatever you do in Nigeria?

When will you condemn your own personal corruption?

YOU have a responsibility to Nigeria NOT to be corrupt. Tell me something. Have you ever given a policeman or even a public officer/civil servant money as inducement or gratification?

(Answer = Yes)

That makes you a criminal.

So how can a criminal like you be demanding that others be saints?

I'm shocked you don't see the contradiction in your position.

Perhaps you're drunk?

You've said nothing to disabuse us of that notion.

What's the point of him quitting only to be replaced by another Nigerian?

If we were to change presidents based on whether they would bribe delegates or not at primaries, we'd have to change presidents every hour.

We are ALL thieves and liars. At least 99% of us, including of course, you.

You make a lot of noise. The candidates you support at these elections, what are the various sources of their funding? Care to tell us?

Of course you can't tell us. Why? Because those you support are ALSO corrupt politicians. It is your hypocrisy and partisanship that makes you support one corrupt faction over the other, all the while pretending to be opposed to corruption per se.

I put it to you that anyone truly opposed to corruption in Nigeria will not support any of the major parties at these elections.

I'm only shoving a mirror in your face.

Only showing you up for the fuming, self-righteous hypocrite with rocks for brains you really are.

Rossikk I/ID/OT so you have a mirror? Is it cracked? cheesy

You are still defending Corrupt Public officials like GEJ? Still too Foooolish to accuse Faceless people of corruption when Jonathan Goodluck is right in front of your nose? but quick to jump into conclusions about people you don't know. Your Idi/ocy is very advanced grin

You are an embarrassment to Sensible Nigerians, Your antics are obvious for all to see. You are supporting a LAWBREAKER and you still want to preach? ODEMUMU shocked

You do not deserve to know what I will do, GEJ, the Lying Bribe giver was placed in a position of Public trust not me, and you are here supporting his corrupt, UNLAWFUL actions? trying to explain it away? You are still an High Grade MUMU!!

You were calling People ASSWIPES before I commented on this thread, It is still there for all to see, if your Lying corrupt President has not influenced you to go back and edit it.

Better shove your cracked mirror back on your Face. EFULEFU ASSWIPE grin
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by cjfavour(m): 7:51pm On Apr 03, 2011
it is a pity that jega have prosponed the election.gej have used the appointment of jega to boast,i just hope that he';l continue boasting with him.(n the trash that he didn't know jega b4 he appointed him ,didn't he know that he was iwu'* consultants or is he saying that the sss didn't give him intelligence report about him b4 his appointment?i don't believe him.
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by naijasing(f): 7:56pm On Apr 03, 2011
nigeria cant print result sheet gaint of AFRICA my foot
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by cjfavour(m): 8:03pm On Apr 03, 2011
who appointed jega?who boasted with his appointnent? jega should resign.how much have he spent in conducting this election? ~-u did nt spend that much and yet this shame. See God will nt come down from heaven and save j9a.He have provided the means to effect the change.The ball is now in our court.Election will start next week as jega said again.If you like the codition of things in 9ja,vote for them if you hate what's happening,help effect the change.VOTE THEM OUT.
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by activities: 8:21pm On Apr 03, 2011
I still don't believe that some politicians don't have the ballout papers till now.
Anyway this a way to rig d election.
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by cjfavour(m): 8:22pm On Apr 03, 2011
Jega have two options. To tell Nigerians the name of the vendor or he himself bears the brunt and resign.sm1 must b held responsible. 2, why does sm ballot papers bears PDP's logo while the logo of his main challenger CPC and LP are missing?who is cheating CPC and LP? A note,,of,warning have bn sounded by CPC.I hope this anomalies will b corrected!!!
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by ektbear: 8:27pm On Apr 03, 2011
I pray that one day, Nigeria will not be a laughingstock in the community of nations.

Bumbling giant of Africa undecided
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by Demdem(m): 8:31pm On Apr 03, 2011
activities:

I still don't believe that some politicians don't have the ballout papers till now.
Anyway this a  way to rig d election.

Just spoken to one of my fathers in Ilesha osun state and i heard an interesting development.
He told me they didnt allow the INEC officials to go away with the ballot papers that were used and unused. they made sure all the papers were burnt in their presence shocked shocked shocked before they left
The polity is really hot and concious.
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by 9ijaMan: 8:35pm On Apr 03, 2011
ekt_bear:

I pray that one day, Nigeria will not be a laughingstock in the community of nations.

Chief your prayer seems to have been made too late. Nigerians are already a full laughing stock. I don't want to relate my experience in the office today. I had to sum up all the last bit of energy and tact left in me to defend the aberrations happening back home.
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by Defender1: 8:52pm On Apr 03, 2011
@ Beaf
When did the Nigeria’s electoral commission become GEJ's administration? Don't make yourselves seem little with such trash.
I beg Beaf no mind all de bad belle people . Na Gbabo appoint Jega as INEC Chairman. And ALL the commissioners dem na from Ghadaffi's home town.
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by Defender1: 8:54pm On Apr 03, 2011
ekt_bear:

My guy forget the community of nations. Concentrate on the race towards a corruption free Nigeria and stop looking back to see who is coming.
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by gymer(m): 8:56pm On Apr 03, 2011
God bless Alitheia, Agaba123 and Efisher (Amen). I am impress with your debt of knowledge on issues. I have been well educated with your information on Buhari. I cannot be deceived. GEJ has my vote.
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by Natasha2(f): 9:16pm On Apr 03, 2011
NIGERIA NIGERIA DOES A FARMER GO TO FARM WITH A BROOM? WE NEED INTERVENTION FROM DEVIL, WITCHES AND WIZARDS AND FINALLY GOD cry
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by Defender1: 9:37pm On Apr 03, 2011
Onlytruth:

Some of Buhari's supporters don't believe in Nigeria.

Wrong. I believe in Nigeria. I am just pained that some people are clamoring for Jonathan just like they clamored and yearned for Abacha. Cowards. Sycophants. Weaklings. All because make them see food chop. I understand sha!!! Man must wack.
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by pak: 9:46pm On Apr 03, 2011
Hey what is happening to the whole process.

It's like these guys are playing 'kalo kalo' with the elections.

First, it was 2nd, later 4th and now 9th. hope it wont be eventually pushed to may.

Anyway , I think its time to tune up our radio sets and start singing . .

Nigeria JEGA JEGA,
Everything scatter, scatter . . .

Mr Eedris, where u @
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by Demdem(m): 8:02am On Apr 04, 2011
gymer:

God bless Alitheia, Agaba123 and Efisher (Amen). I am impress with your debt of knowledge on issues. I have been well educated with your information on Buhari. I cannot be deceived. GEJ has my vote.

oo yes congrats to you too. At least you got what you were looking for originally. Gudluck To you.
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by peaceland(m): 8:18am On Apr 04, 2011
Hello All,
please can anyone help with answers to the following questions:
1. who is the vendor being referred to by the inec boss - the company name and possibly the promoters please
2. the plane landed 9am. obviously it was in air as at 8am when poll centres should be opening; what happended between 8am and 12 when announcement was made
3. with the plethora of security agencies; committees and special advisers: i am sure they generate security reports on a daily basis. how come the president; VP and other key officials are unaware of the absence or no-arrival of key materials in the country. it does not mean interference but if security agencies can not even confirm arrival and clearance of sensitive materials they are supposed to guard, then there is a massive problem here.
thanks for your answers. i believe it would help us all move forward.
thank you
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by Akanbiedu(m): 11:23am On Apr 04, 2011
He he

I think Onlytruth/Igbotruth is afraid of something!
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by Rorhymes(m): 4:35pm On Apr 04, 2011
Proactive people do not waste time on the problem. It really doesnt matter whose fault it is, what matters is that the problem is solved and it doesnt happen again.

In a good setup, you are free to fail ( grin) because the fear of failure doesnt allow for progress. If anybody cannot criticise constructively and try to proffer solutions then there should be no point listening to such a person.

After all there is no country in the world that has erected a statue for a critic.
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by johnie: 4:47pm On Apr 04, 2011
Rorhymes:

In a good setup, you are free to fail ( grin) because the fear of failure doesnt allow for progress. If anybody cannot criticise constructively and try to proffer solutions then there should be no point listening to such a person.

After all there is no country in the world that has erected a statue for a critic.

^^^

I second that!
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by Kilode1: 4:58pm On Apr 04, 2011
Rorhymes:

Proactive people do not waste time on the problem. It really doesnt matter whose fault it is, what matters is that the problem is solved and it doesnt happen again.

Erm, Sorry, but wrong! cool

Voltaire, "A critic of 'establishments'

The most famous of the philosophes was Voltaire (1694–1778). A prolific writer, critic, and reformer, Voltaire was lionized by admirers throughout Europe

http://books.google.com/books?id=BvS9NKwEi_gC&pg=PA552&lpg=PA552&dq=voltaire+as+a+critic&source=bl&ots=-m5U8dMnbC&sig=uFfMOUgOm34cmcfhWmBKJmxAXWM&hl=en&ei=beiZTfemJ4GDgAf9otDICA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBcQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=voltaire%20as%20a%20critic&f=false

http://books.google.com/books?id=oCsZAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA177&lpg=PA177&dq=voltaire+the+critic&source=bl&ots=9b4vywFsgJ&sig=GerY9NkPEbR05OOSYFwRgWOUp3s&hl=en&ei=5OaZTY7zDZOugQeYh42zCA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBcQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=voltaire%20the%20critic&f=false

[img]http://www.class.uh.edu/phil/faculty/brown/leibniz/britannica_pages/voltaire/images/voltaire_bust.jpg[/img]

Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by Rorhymes(m): 5:35pm On Apr 04, 2011
The most famous of the philosophes was Voltaire (1694–1778). A prolific writer, critic, and reformer

@ kilode - Francois Marie Arouet (pen name Voltaire) was born on November 21, 1694 in Paris. Voltaire’s intelligence, wit and style made him one of France’s greatest writers and philosophers.

HE was a French Enlightenment writer, historian and philosopher famous [/b]for his wit and for his advocacy of civil liberties, including freedom of religion and free trade. [b]Voltaire was a prolific writer, producing works in almost every literary form including plays, poetry, novels, essays, and historical and scientific works. He wrote more than 20,000 letters and more than 2,000 books and pamphlets.(THESE ARE ALL ACHIVEMENTS AND THIS IS WHAT HE IS REMEMBERED FOR.)

From 1759 to 1778 Ferney was home to French writer and philosopher Voltaire. His influence on the town was profound. He built the local church and founded cottage industries that produced some of the finest potters and watchmakers of modern France. After the French Revolution, the town was renamed "Ferney-Voltaire" in his honor. (HE WASNT ALL TALK AS YOU CAN SEE)

In 1759, after having lived in Geneva less than two years, Voltaire had purchased the estate of Ferney in France, near the Swiss border. A prime reason for his leaving Geneva was that theatre was forbidden in that Calvinist city, so he had decided to become the enlightened "patriarch" of the little village of Ferney, setting up potteries, a watchmaking industry and, of course, theaters, attracting rich people from Geneva to watch his plays.

During Voltaire's residence, the population of Ferney increased to more than 1,000. Voltaire lived there for the last 20 years of his life before returning to Paris, where he died in 1778. (SOURCE :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferney-Voltaire)

IN SUMMARY THE STATUE WAS PUT UP BECAUSE OF THE THINGS HE WAS ABLE TO ACCOMPLISH/ DO FOR THE TOWN

Voltaire was one of several Enlightenment figures (along with Montesquieu, John Locke, Jean-Jacques Rousseau, and Émilie du Châtelet) whose works and ideas influenced important thinkers of both the American and French Revolutions. (SOURCE:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltaire)
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by Kilode1: 6:06pm On Apr 04, 2011
^^Dude, You can pick whatever you like from Voltaire's legacy, You cannot belittle his work as a critic who spoke truth to power and challenged the "Establishment" status quo of his time.

I understand your point, but you don't know if the people offering criticism here on Nairaland are all talk, or do you?

Anyway, I already made my point bro; He was a critic who got a statue erected in his honour and we are still talking about his work today.

I respect him for his work of literary and political criticism, You probably respect him for his pottery and watch making. It's all good.

Criticism is a noble and essential profession for any society, be it literary, political or religious criticism. Let us agree to disagree.
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by Kobojunkie: 6:30pm On Apr 04, 2011
Rorhymes:

One word ---- BULL!!
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by johnie: 6:44pm On Apr 04, 2011
Rorhymes:

The key here is constructive criticism not critisicm based on ethnic, religious or other banal considerations!
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by Kobojunkie: 6:46pm On Apr 04, 2011
johnie:

The key here is constructive criticism not critisicm based on ethnic, religious or other banal considerations!

According to your [b]PERSONAL [/b]preference, right? You don't make the rules for all, you know that right>?
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by johnie: 6:58pm On Apr 04, 2011
Why do I get this feeling that I am being stalked?

Agressive minority should not force their views and tastes on everyone !

grin grin grin
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by Kobojunkie: 7:03pm On Apr 04, 2011
Your paranoia is all yours  . . . none of mine!! Who stalks you? This is the same thread and same forum. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by ektbear: 7:06pm On Apr 04, 2011
Kobojunkie, assuming that you'll once and for all verify that you are woman, you are free to stalk me any time  cool
Re: Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections by johnie: 9:20pm On Apr 04, 2011
roflmao

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Vows To Recapture Rivers, Edo In 2015 / Breaking!! Economic Shutdown As Crude Drops To 800,000 Barrels/Day!! / Bello Matawalle: Youths Can Save Nigeria From Collapse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.