Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,514 members, 7,830,528 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' (23508 Views)

How To Tackle Insecurity In Nigeria - Obasanjo / Emir Of Daura, Umar: Insecurity Now Worse Than Civil War / Alaafin Writes Fayemi, Asks Him To Stop Actions Against Traditional Rulers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jan 22, 2021
favor914:
Cowards, when Abiola was attacked they all vanished, no be only generalismo? Basket Mouths.
This thing is really paining you oo. grin

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by Sammy07: 5:50pm On Jan 22, 2021
privaldo:

What does the bolded mean please?
I think everybody cherishes their peace, and won't trade it for anything.
The Alaafin has spoken for not just the Yorubas but every other tribe that has witnessed attacks by Fulani herdsmen. If there is a thing I have learnt about humans is that they have a breaking point, and when that point is reached all hell will be let loose.

Ile jagun - Warriors families / descendants
Ile balogun - War lords families / descendants
Ile oluode - Hunters families / descendants

You will always find this in all Yoruba towns and villages

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by samdunzo: 5:58pm On Jan 22, 2021
privaldo:

The Fulanis don't occupy only the top position in the military, they also have their kin in large amounts in the military.
The case of CAR was more of a religious situation, than one of ethnicity or tribe. Also, the situation of most of the large military hardware in their region will give an upper hand in the event of any war.
What happened during the #EndSars more of anarchy/mini revolution and not a conventional war. In the event of a conventional war, no region/tribe in Nigeria can face the Fulanis, this people have planned for this a long time ago.

How many are Fulani in Nigeria. Even if you say that they have brothers in Africa, they are no more than 25 million. Yoruba in Nigeria alone is 40 million, and don't forget there are Yorubas in Benin, Togo, and descendants of Yoruba all over the world with strong ties to the culture. And then you add other groups in Nigeria, do you really think Fulani alone can withstand all of them? I pray it doesn't get to that point though, because it would destabilize all of West Africa

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by Tecno66: 5:58pm On Jan 22, 2021
Racoon:

https://m.guardian.ng/news/tackle-insecurity-now-before-its-too-late-alaafin-tells-buhari/

Alaafin Writes Open Letter To Buhari, Warns Over Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities in Yorubaland

https://www.insideoyo.com/alaafin-writes-open-letter-to-buhari-warns-over-insecurity-and-herdmen-activities-in-yorubaland/
We are entering a phase where folks will begin to result to self help. The funny aspect to all this is that when they are caught, they begin to boast that they will soon be released. Moving forward, these are not good signs for this nation.

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jan 22, 2021
favor914:
What resources do you have in Yoruba land? Without Lagos State you will be talking about the basket of poverty region. Skull mining with catapult 117 folds.
You this Fulani girl. If I catch u inside any forest reserve u go hear am.

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by privaldo: 6:01pm On Jan 22, 2021
Sammy07:

Ile jagun - Warriors families / descendants
Ile balogun - War lords families / descendants
Ile oluode - Hunters families / descendants

You will always find this in all Yoruba towns and villages

Thank you for the explanation, this is similar to the war canoe houses we have here in Rivers State.
Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by Blackdisciple(m): 6:22pm On Jan 22, 2021
Baba has said it ooo...
tackle insecurity before it will be too late oo
hmmm!
God forbid , in Ruggedman's voice make gun become wetin all man go wan carry ooo
Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by ceaser: 6:22pm On Jan 22, 2021
privaldo:

The Fulanis don't occupy only the top position in the military, they also have their kin in large amounts in the military.
The case of CAR was more of a religious situation, than one of ethnicity or tribe. Also, the situation of most of the large military hardware in their region will give an upper hand in the event of any war.
What happened during the #EndSars more of anarchy/mini revolution and not a conventional war. In the event of a conventional war, no region/tribe in Nigeria can face the Fulanis, this people have planned for this a long time ago.

The Fulanis in CAR had much more control of state structures of the country than they currently do in Nigeria, yet they failed miserably at protecting 'emselves when the people rose against 'em. Nigeria is polytheistic and also multi-ethnic, that is one reason alone that will water down their influence over the army. As such, they can't have complete control of the army against Nigerians.

The #EndSars "mini anarchy" is an uprising, somewhat like what happened in CAR. The security forces were simply overan such that they had no choice but to align with the people in some instances of palliatives sharing that we saw online.

In the east, there were recorded cases of soldiers shooting protesters without the bullets having any effects on the advancing protesters. Security personnels that failed to retreat were simply mobbed or outrightly taken out. In addition, the military is overstretched and can only do so much to fight on the side of a non aboriginal group like the Fulani. There tool of religion worked in the North by placating the people until they took over every structure. This tool cannot work in the south most especially the South East.

If push comes to shove, I doubt the Fulani hegemony will thread with caution in standing with herdsmen against the whole country and murdering majority.

As a matter of fact, if this battle does not take place now, the Fulanis are already an endangered group that people are waiting for to have their pound of flesh post 2023.

You can be sure they know this as well, so by then they will have reduced their criminal activities significantly and patiently waiting for another opportunity when they will have their own in power again to continue the evil. But of course that strategy is already known, so Nigerians are more woke.

3 Likes

Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by EleventhWeirdo: 6:24pm On Jan 22, 2021
Racoon:

I totally disagree with the my lord-the Kabiyesi here.This is a president whose incompetence, ineptitude and deliberate support of the activities of these herdsmen terrorists have been an open secret.Imagine all the ways the Buhari government have defended the atrocities of the Fulanis, bandits and BH:
-1). ....BH terrorists are “mere scavengers desperate for food, raiding shops and markets, and killing innocent persons in the process....
https://www.thecable.ng/buhari-describes-boko-haram-fighters-as-scavengers-desperate-for-food

-2). "...........According to the President, however, bandits had been subjected to jungle justice by the affected communities, causing the miscreants to return to the communities to wreak havoc......"
https://punchng.com/bandits-killed-katsina-farmers-out-of-revenge-says-buhari/
The King used the word, 'HAD.' This set his reverence of Buhari as a thing of the past.
Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by privaldo: 6:30pm On Jan 22, 2021
samdunzo:

How many are Fulani in Nigeria. Even if you say that they have brothers in Africa, they are no more than 25 million. Yoruba in Nigeria alone is 40 million, and don't forget there are Yorubas in Benin, Togo, and descendants of Yoruba all over the world with strong ties to the culture. And then you add other groups in Nigeria, do you really think Fulani alone can withstand all of them? I pray it doesn't get to that point though, because it would destabilize all of West Africa

I don't really know how true the data about the population of tribes in Nigeria are but I can say that whatever crisis that erupts in Nigeria be it a war or a revolution, it would destabilize West Africa, the already unstable Sahel, and other parts of the world because there will be a refugee crisis.
Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by EleventhWeirdo: 6:34pm On Jan 22, 2021
GeorgeTheCoder:
Yoruba muslims voted en-masse to put APC and Bubu in power because he dangled the chimera of vice-presidency before them.

No complaints, enjoy the change.
So, the so called Yoruba Muslims voted for Buhari because of Christian VP, Osinbajo, according to you?

your futile attempt to stroke religious tensions among the Yoruba is turning you to a big fool.

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by Alexis11: 6:35pm On Jan 22, 2021
OfficialAwol:

[s]The next thing is for Tinubu to as "Where are the cows"?

I feel Alaafin should not be writing to Buhari but to Tinubu.

That frog-eyed drug addict thought he was dealing with Jonathan and the Igbos, and went into an alliance with a known nepot, ethnic jingoist and a religious fundamentalist.

This is 21st century but the Fulanis are still fighting Jihad and perpetrating their expansionist agenda. They are still conquering and they are doing it with state power.

And in all these, Tinubu will never raise a voice in condemnation. While his online hoodlums run berserk and foam in the mouth.

The Igbos saw this day as far back as 2014 but we were tagged wailers.

The Southwest rejoice for Lagos-Ibadan rail as the product of their alliance with Buhari, but that train will unfortunately be used to transport the dead bodies of Yoruba people when the Fulani finally overrun your land and slaughter like chicken.[/s]

We warned You!

You are a nuisa.nce!!!

May all the curses in this your write up be on your generations and the unfortunate osus that liked your comment. Amen

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by Alexis11: 6:38pm On Jan 22, 2021
LegendHero:
Iku Baba Yeye.

I’m happy our Governors, elected official, and our royal house are all speaking in unison against this menace openly and the Fulanis terrorizing us will understand that the Yorubas don’t talk without action.

This message is an Aroko to Buhari, if he likes he should hear, that’s his own cup of tea.

Abo oro la’nso fomoluabi, to ba de inu e, a di odidi.

“ Mr President, let me assure you that the Yoruba people traditionally have what it takes to defend themselves and interests against all enemy attacks. What is of immediate concern is the possibility of these traditional self-help mechanisms of defence to conflict with the legal and constitutional framework of the security organisations. This is indeed my greatest fear, recluse the situation is fast degenerating into what could trigger the complete breakdown of law and order under a constitutional state arrangement. Thus latent frustration must be nipped in the bud to avert a breakdown of the state system in Yorubaland. I am aware that members of the Odua People’s Congress scattered all over the world are already being mobilised to stand in the defence of their land and are ready, willing and able to raise an army of volunteers as was done in 1968 by the Agbekoya.”

well said.

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by samdunzo: 6:39pm On Jan 22, 2021
privaldo:

I don't really know how true the data about the population of tribes in Nigeria are but I can say that whatever crisis that erupts in Nigeria be it a war or a revolution, it would destabilize West Africa, the already unstable Sahel, and other parts of the world because there will be a refugee crisis.

Exactly why I don't want it to get to that point. Unfortunately, it seems like these Fulani guys in government positions are complicit in all of this. Because if not, this would have been handled all the way back in 2018/9
Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by Alexis11: 6:42pm On Jan 22, 2021
The entire Yoruba tribe including the monarchs and even politicians are speaking up now while the Igbos are mocking them.

Tomorrow when the Yorubas eventually solve their own problems and Igbo problem start, these funny people will start pointing fingers to Yorubas as their major problem if Yorubas fail to speak up for them.

Funny people.

3 Likes

Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by privaldo: 6:44pm On Jan 22, 2021
ceaser:

The Fulanis in CAR had much more control of state structures of the country than they currently do in Nigeria, yet they failed miserably at protecting 'emselves when the people rose against 'em. Nigeria is polytheistic and also multi-ethnic, that is one reason alone that will water down their influence over the army. As such, they can't have complete control of the army against Nigerians.

The #EndSars "mini anarchy" is an uprising, somewhat like what happened in CAR. The security forces were simply overan such that they had no choice but to align with the people in some instances of palliatives sharing that we saw online.

In the east, there were recorded cases of soldiers shooting protesters without the bullets having any effects on the advancing protesters. Security personnels that failed to retreat were simply mobbed or outrightly taken out. In addition, the military is overstretched and can only do so much to fight on the side of a non aboriginal group like the Fulani. There tool of religion worked in the North by placating the people until they took over every structure. This tool cannot work in the south most especially the South East.

If push comes to shove, I doubt the Fulani hegemony will thread with caution in standing with herdsmen against the whole country and murdering majority.

As a matter of fact, if this battle does not take place now, the Fulanis are already an endangered group that people are waiting for to have their pound of flesh post 2023.

You can be sure they know this as well, so by then they will have reduced their criminal activities significantly and patiently waiting for another opportunity when they will have their own in power again to continue the evil. But of course that strategy is already known, so Nigerians are more woke.

They may not have total control over the country's military but they do control some of the most strategic military hardware in the country. In fact, some of the country's best military formations and artillery are situated in the North.

I don't think the Fulani hegemony will caution the rampaging herdsmen or even deny them. If there's anything, we should have learnt in this country is that the Fulanis stand with their own regardless of the situation.
The Fulanis are playing a game of slow, steady and consistent wins the race. Like you pointed out, they will wait out 2023 and continue to advance on their goals, although this can only happen if power rotates to the South, if not they will continue to have a field day.
Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by banio: 6:47pm On Jan 22, 2021
samdunzo:

War is not by population ooh. It's by modern ammunitions, strategy, government support etc.
Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by privaldo: 6:47pm On Jan 22, 2021
samdunzo:

Exactly why I don't want it to get to that point. Unfortunately, it seems like these Fulani guys in government positions are complicit in all of this. Because if not, this would have been handled all the way back in 2018/9

The Fulanis in government are complicit because from their past words, and body language, you can tell they are fully in support of what is ongoing.
We should just keep calm, and watch how it plays out, the coming days will tell if we would cease to exist as a nation or not.
Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by OROSUNBOLB(m): 6:48pm On Jan 22, 2021
privaldo:

What does the bolded mean please?
I think everybody cherishes their peace, and won't trade it for anything.
The Alaafin has spoken for not just the Yorubas but every other tribe that has witnessed attacks by Fulani herdsmen. If there is a thing I have learnt about humans is that they have a breaking point, and when that point is reached all hell will be let loose.

They mean almost the same thing - a settlement or an abode of experienced warriors which later became family compound of sort. This was occasioned by the movement of troops from one location to another during the series of wars that were being fought at that time - Kiriji wars,Jalumi wars,fulani wars,Yoruba Revolutionary wars etc.

After these wars,some of the warriors decided to settle permanently in the stations - towns where they were posted and became indigenes of those towns. For instance,former President Obasanjo (from Abeokuta),who is also the Balogun of Owu in Abeokuta has his roots in Owu town of Osun state. He is a descendant of Owu warriors who left for Abeokuta from Owu in Osun state during one these wars.

Such settlements or family compounds can be found in almost all Yoruba villages,towns and cities.

Ile = House

Jagun or Jagunjagun = Warrior

Therefore "Ile Jagun" literally means Warrior's house or compound.

Ile Balogun

Ile = House

Balogun means Head of warriors.

Therefore, "Ile Balogun" means Head of warriors house or compound.

Oluode means Head of hunters. Therefore, "Ile Oluode" means Head of hunters house or compound.

I hope you have an idea of what they mean now and their historical background ?
Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by privaldo: 6:49pm On Jan 22, 2021
banio:

War is not by population ooh. It's by modern ammunitions, strategy, government support etc.

True. Modern wars are won by strategy, government support, and availability of weapons and the know-how on how to use them.
Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by privaldo: 6:54pm On Jan 22, 2021
OROSUNBOLB:

They mean almost the same thing - a settlement or an abode of experienced warriors which later became family compound of sort. This was occasioned by the movement of troops from one location to another during the series of wars that were being fought at that time - Kiriji wars,Jalumi wars,fulani wars,Yoruba Revolutionary wars etc.

After these wars,some of the warriors decided to settle permanently in the stations - towns where they were posted and became indigenes of those towns. For instance,former President Obasanjo (from Abeokuta),who is also the Balogun of Owu in Abeokuta has his roots in Owu town of Osun state. He is a descendant of Owu warriors who left for Abeokuta from Owu in Osun state during one these wars.

Such settlements or family compounds can be found in almost all Yoruba villages,towns and cities.

Ile = House

Jagun or Jagunjagun = Warrior

Therefore "Ile Jagun" literally means Warrior's house or compound.

Ile Balogun

Ile = House

Balogun means Head of warriors.

Therefore, "Ile Balogun" means Head of warriors house or compound.

Oluode means Head of hunters. Therefore, "Ile Oluode" means Head of hunters house or compound.

I hope you have an idea of what they mean now and their historical background ?

Thank you, so much for the explanation. So by your explanation, it means that Obasanjo is the head of Owu warriors in Abeokuta.

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by samdunzo: 6:55pm On Jan 22, 2021
banio:

Bros, you think the other ethnic nationalities will just lie down and wait to be slaughtered? I pray it doesn't get to that point, but if it does, everyone go suffer
Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by samdunzo: 6:59pm On Jan 22, 2021
privaldo:

The Fulanis in government are complicit because from their past words, and body language, you can tell they are fully in support of what is ongoing.
We should just keep calm, and watch how it plays out, the coming days will tell if we would cease to exist as a nation or not.

Restructuring is the key
Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by VictorUSA(m): 7:12pm On Jan 22, 2021
Nigeria jagajaga! Nigeria scatter scatter that's why I'm going to the USA
Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by OROSUNBOLB(m): 7:22pm On Jan 22, 2021
privaldo:

Thank you, so much for the explanation. So by your explanation, it means that Obasanjo is the head of Owu warriors in Abeokuta.

You're right !
Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by privaldo: 7:29pm On Jan 22, 2021
samdunzo:

Restructuring is the key

They won't agree to restructure because it will ultimately lead to secession. Once the restructured regions performing well without other regions, and the central government, they will want more (full autonomy/sovereignty) to achieve their full potentials.
Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by privaldo: 7:32pm On Jan 22, 2021
OROSUNBOLB:

You're right !

Thanks once again.

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by samdunzo: 7:34pm On Jan 22, 2021
privaldo:

They won't agree to restructure because it will ultimately lead to secession. Once the restructured regions performing well without other regions, and the central government, they will want more (full autonomy/sovereignty) to achieve their full potentials.

If that's a fear, have all nationalities agree to a no succession clause. We cant continue to ignore this topic
Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by privaldo: 7:38pm On Jan 22, 2021
samdunzo:

If that's a fear, have all nationalities agree to a no succession clause. We cant continue to ignore this topic

We know that can't work, every tribe/region hopes to be a sovereign state. This would have worked in the 60s, it just can't work now.
Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by Kwara1stson: 7:46pm On Jan 22, 2021
OROSUNBOLB:

No tribe in Africa fought wars more than the Yorubas. It is a fact. There is no Yoruba town or village you'll go and won't find ' Ile Jagun' , 'Ile Balogun' , 'Ile Oluode' or their equivalents. The inhabitants of such family compounds or communities are battle hardened warriors and their descendants.

A typical Yoruba person cherishes his peace because he is aware of the price paid for it by his forebears on the battlefields. When the push comes to shove,trust me,Fulanis are no match for the Yorubas.

You see,when your Cup of iniquity is full, your folly will drag you to the wrong person. This is what is about to happen to the fulanis.

I sincerely hope that Iku babayeye's advice will not be treated with levity.

I actually came from Ile Oluode Alaka of oyan in odo otin lg of osun State

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen: Orji Uzor Kalu Reacts, Says He Was Quoted Out Of Context / N9.9bn Fraud: Only N300m Remains In Lagos’ Three Accounts – EFCC / Empty Presidential Directives - Daily Trust Editorial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.