Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,707 members, 7,831,212 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' (23509 Views)

How To Tackle Insecurity In Nigeria - Obasanjo / Emir Of Daura, Umar: Insecurity Now Worse Than Civil War / Alaafin Writes Fayemi, Asks Him To Stop Actions Against Traditional Rulers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by Sammy07: 3:26pm On Jan 22, 2021
privaldo:

How prepared are they for a war? Do they have modern weapons, aside guns?
Although, it is still good to know that not all ancient military structure collapsed. I have began reading about them, especially the exploits of the OPC in the late 90s and that of Agbekoya in the late 60s.

One thing is war cannot meet us suddenly.
And modern weapons can be built within the fastest space of time with many tech gurus in west.
Even if its not possible.
It can be imported.

We have the borders (Oyo, Ogun, Kwara)
And the sea (Lagos, Ondo and Ogun)

We've have experience in war.
I believe we won't do bad

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by basty: 3:26pm On Jan 22, 2021
Ojukwu saw this and was blamed, fought, castigated and isolated by the entire southerners.
Igbos saw this in 2014/2015 an did not vote for Buhari.
Kanu saw this and we called him names.

Now we have all seen it and who are we to blame for our short sightedness?

God arise and fight this battle for us, this battle is not ours. Arise oh! Lord and confront these Fulani marauders in jesus name.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by favor914: 3:27pm On Jan 22, 2021
Sammy07:

Its been for ages bro.
Reason why there is always a generalism of Yoruba.
Which the current holder is Gani Adams
Jokers Which Army? Amala basket mouth town criers?, Are all Yorubas from Oyo State? Who cares what the alafin & his 100 wives is saying? Security is everyone’s concern, & it has gotten so bad because the people prefer to blame others for their own shortcomings.

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by StaffofOrayan(m): 3:29pm On Jan 22, 2021
How the Bleep did we let it get so bad
Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by Sammy07: 3:29pm On Jan 22, 2021
[s]
favor914:
Jokers Which Army? Amala basket mouth town criers?, Are all Yorubas from Oyo State? Who cares what the alafin & his 100 wives is saying? Security is everyone’s concern, & it has gotten so bad because the people prefer to blame others for their own shortcomings.
[/s]

Fulani girl?
Who put your mouth in the discussion?

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by favor914: 3:31pm On Jan 22, 2021
basty:
Ojukwu saw this and was blamed, fought, castigated and isolated by the entire southerners.
Igbos saw this in 2014/2015 an did not vote for Buhari.
Kanu saw this and we called him names.

Now we have all seen it and who are we to blame for our short sightedness?

God arise and fight this battle for us, this battle is not ours. Arise oh! Lord and confront these Fulani marauders in jesus name.
Child this is democracy, Government of the People, for the People, & by the People, it is not a one man show, how has the President made your life more miserable than the Governor of your state? Or it is because of Buhari you have horrible Governors in Eastern Nigeria that have not done anything to elevate your life since 1999? Lazy Almijiri.
Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by favor914: 3:33pm On Jan 22, 2021
Sammy07:

Fulani girl?
Who put your mouth in the discussion?
Wailer you have come here today to shed tears again? Maybe your father is the owner of Nairaland?

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by favor914: 3:34pm On Jan 22, 2021
StaffofOrayan:
How the Bleep did we let it get so bad
Democrazy has failed.
Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by privaldo: 3:36pm On Jan 22, 2021
Sammy07:

And modern weapons can be built within the fastest space of time with many tech gurus in west.
It can be imported.

You can import all this weapons you talk of if there is no blockade. When it also comes to building of weapons, you will most likely build crude weapons because you can't set up factories on short notice.
Also, I would want to believe that the military structure will consist of mainly ground forces, so what about air power, and who mans the warplanes if they're eventually built or bought? This same question also applies to having a Naval warships to protect your sea borders.
I believe no region can go to war with the Fulanis as they have majority of their kin in the military, and also most of the military weapons situated in the North. I don't even think an alliance between all other regions in Nigeria can subdue them, they have envisioned this day for long and are well prepared for it.

3 Likes

Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by privaldo: 3:36pm On Jan 22, 2021
Sammy07:

It can be imported.

You can import all this weapons you talk of if there is no blockade. When it also comes to building of weapons, you will most likely build crude weapons because you can't set up factories on short notice.
Also, I would want to believe that the military structure will consist of mainly ground forces, so what about air power, and who mans the warplanes if they're eventually built or bought? This same question also applies to having a Naval warships to protect your sea borders.
I believe no region can go to war with the Fulanis as they have majority of their kin in the military, and also most of the military weapons situated in the North. I don't even think an alliance between all other regions in Nigeria can subdue them, they have envisioned this day for long and are well prepared for it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by favor914: 3:36pm On Jan 22, 2021
Sammy07:

Awon olote
Cowards, when Abiola was attacked they all vanished, no be only generalismo? Basket Mouths.

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by favor914: 3:39pm On Jan 22, 2021
Sammy07:

It can be imported.

I know you think war is an Owambe? King Sunny Ade & Ebenezer Obe will launch the assault before the Fuji war of 2021 will commence proper? Coward enjoyment people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jan 22, 2021
ISLAM IS A CURSE!

The fulani tribe overtook the entire Hausa land through islamic religion. It is the religion that softened their minds to believe they are all one in god, while the fulanese have their own demonic agenda – Now we hear of fulani, not Hausa.

Same thing was used to penetrate Yoruba land; Kwara State has been overtaken by the fulani via islam and the same thing is happening in Oyo. I was surprised the first time I saw Almajiri Schools in Oyo State. No other Yoruba State in Nigeria is islamically too religious than Kwara and Oyo – and that is why they are starting with them.

We must abolish all foreign religions so that the mind of the people can be open to progress and thoughtful thinking.

ISLAM IS A CURSE!!
ISLAM IS A CURSE!!!

3 Likes

Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by LilyColin(f): 3:44pm On Jan 22, 2021
Divide this useless shithole.

Abokís still living in 15th century.

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by Sammy07: 3:44pm On Jan 22, 2021
privaldo:

Well if we get to the bridge we will cross it.

They've never won a war against Yorubas.
And they will never will

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by LilyColin(f): 3:46pm On Jan 22, 2021
favor914:
Child this is democracy, Government of the People, for the People, & by the People, it is not a one man show, how has the President made your life more miserable than the Governor of your state? Or it is because of Buhari you have horrible Governors in Eastern Nigeria that have not done anything to elevate your life since 1999? Lazy Almijiri.

Aye e ma baje ni. Danbaroba

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by Sammy07: 3:47pm On Jan 22, 2021
LilyColin:

Aye e ma baje ni. Danbaroba

Ori girl ti o quote ti daru

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by favor914: 3:47pm On Jan 22, 2021
Sammy07:

I don't respond to lokili
Of course I know you can’t have a response, How can you deny the facts? Owambe (enjoyment) People, The Great Fela even sang about them, & gave us a better insight, or are you more Yoruba than Fela Anipulako Kuti? Even when they were in Harlem New York, they refused to put up a resistance they ran away instead, and left it for the returning slaves.

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by Uniqueteco(m): 3:48pm On Jan 22, 2021
LoveTalk:
Talking to the deaf can be so tiring and annoying

grin grin
Babe

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by Sammy07: 3:53pm On Jan 22, 2021
[s]
favor914:
Of course I know you can’t have a response, How can you deny the facts? Owambe People, The Great Fela even sang about them, & gave us a better insight, or are you more Yoruba than Fela Anipulako Kuti?
[/s]

Bandits leaser IQ people.
Are you more Fulani than the bandits

BTW, Abiola only paid his dues as it has been written down cos of what he also did.

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by Onepeople: 3:54pm On Jan 22, 2021
LegendHero:
Iku Baba Yeye.

I’m happy our Governors, elected official, and our royal house are all speaking in unison against this menace openly and the Fulanis terrorizing us will understand that the Yorubas don’t talk without action.

This message is an Aroko to Buhari, if he likes he should hear, that’s his own cup of tea.

Abo oro la’nso fomoluabi, to ba de inu e, a di odidi.

“ Mr President, let me assure you that the Yoruba people traditionally have what it takes to defend themselves and interests against all enemy attacks. What is of immediate concern is the possibility of these traditional self-help mechanisms of defence to conflict with the legal and constitutional framework of the security organisations. This is indeed my greatest fear, recluse the situation is fast degenerating into what could trigger the complete breakdown of law and order under a constitutional state arrangement. Thus latent frustration must be nipped in the bud to avert a breakdown of the state system in Yorubaland. I am aware that members of the Odua People’s Congress scattered all over the world are already being mobilised to stand in the defence of their land and are ready, willing and able to raise an army of volunteers as was done in 1968 by the Agbekoya.”
lol after giving him your support for 6years ,calling on all well meaning yuroba people for rescue is laughable, because when you where drumming up your uncalculated support for the bigot in office, you failed to listen to the voice of reasoning, the people you are calling today also beckoned on you to stop the madness, but you over clouded your mind with selfish interest. What an elder sees while setting down, a child cannot see even if he or she climbed an iroko tree .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by privaldo: 3:55pm On Jan 22, 2021
Sammy07:

Well if we get to the bridge we will cross it.

They've never won a war against Yorubas.
And they will never will

War isn't about being hopeful, it involves proper planning. This people you want to take on have planned for this day for long, and have mechanisms in place to ensure their victory.
In my spare time, I read about failed countries who couldn't secede and they have one thing they share is the "failure to prepare".
I have gone through so many documents including some classified one's like messages (both sent and received) about the Biafran war, and one thing that was clear was their failure to prepare which led to their defeat.

6 Likes

Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by favor914: 3:55pm On Jan 22, 2021
Sammy07:

Bandits leaser IQ people.
Are you more Fulani than the bandits

BTW, Abiola only paid his dues as it has been written down cos of what he also did.
Sorry for Abiola, he was betrayed by his People, even Kola Abiola confirmed it a couple of years ago, I also believe a real army General aka Gbadamosi Babaginda confirmed same, they see us, they run.

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by LoveTalk(f): 3:56pm On Jan 22, 2021
Uniqueteco:
Babe
Baba
Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 22, 2021
kayjay69:
Legend hero, a fellow yorubaman here (I needed to say that for what I am about to say) I am a follower of yours and I do not mean any insult by what I am about to say next.

Your statement comes across to me as chestbeating truth be told and that is the last thing we need right now. As it stands, the fulanis are in full control of the military and federalist structure in nigeria. True, we may have what it takes in terms of people, but what we need to be seeing right now is billionaire donors (businessmen and politicians alike). We need to buy drones, armoured vehicles, sophisticated guns and night vision googles. We need intelligence gathering equipment. We need to stay proactive, always on our toes and never give in to both these foreign invaders and their sympathizers within the Yoruba community (I say this knowing my history quite well and knowing that these herdsmen enjoy some level of support in some of these local communities). And we may need a couple of missile defense and attack systems too. We also need skilled diplomats that will represent our interests in the international community. And I know you may not want to hear this, but most of all, if we must defeat these demons we need to cooperate with our Middle Belt, South Eastern and South South brothers.

Now you may think I am overreacting however when push comes to shove, I have assumed the military is in full control of the fulani. We must create our own parallel military and we must be willing to dig in. No half measures, we must be ready to do what it takes in order that we become an independent entity, free from the madness that has characterised our collective existence since 1914.

You are overreacting and plain wrong. We are the Yoruba people. We are not a small negligible ethnic group that can just be wiped off the face of the map by anyone let alone other ethnic groups in Africa.

We birthed a great civilisation and today remain celebrated as one of the most significant and important ethnic group to come out of Africa that many others, universally, host goodwill for as a premium African people.

Stop panicking. We are more than a match for anyone in Nigeria and Africa. We will protect ourselves but we cannot and should not engage in a guerilla ethic strife with anyone as if Nigeria is now a Banana republic cut off from the world.

The humanitarian crisis of a failed and strife-devastated Nigeria is something the world will not want to contemplate. The world is watching now to note the SW will certainly be adjudged the defendants and not the aggressors of any future conflict.

International intervention will be swift and certain against the North if things get out of hand. Believe that the North have far more to lose at that stage.

That much is sure in a worst case scenario. In the meantime we have enough, politically and physically, to defend ourselves against anyone in Nigeria in our SW homebase without acting like barbarians engaged in an uncivilized and bloodletting agenda as the Fulanis are currently being perceived as more and more.

The North may control the armed forces but that does not mean they are free to use that to subjugate an ethnic group as large and as universally important as the Yorubas especially when they are innocent victims of external Fulani expansionist aggression.

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' by LegendHero(m): 3:57pm On Jan 22, 2021
kayjay69:
Legend hero, a fellow yorubaman here (I needed to say that for what I am about to say) I am a follower of yours and I do not mean any insult by what I am about to say next.

Your statement comes across to me as chestbeating truth be told and that is the last thing we need right now. As it stands, the fulanis are in full control of the military and federalist structure in nigeria. True, we may have what it takes in terms of people, but what we need to be seeing right now is billionaire donors (businessmen and politicians alike). We need to buy drones, armoured vehicles, sophisticated guns and night vision googles. We need intelligence gathering equipment. We need to stay proactive, always on our toes and never give in to both these foreign invaders and their sympathizers within the Yoruba community (I say this knowing my history quite well and knowing that these herdsmen enjoy some level of support in some of these local communities). And we may need a couple of missile defense and attack systems too. We also need skilled diplomats that will represent our interests in the international community. And I know you may not want to hear this, but most of all, if we must defeat these demons we need to cooperate with our Middle Belt, South Eastern and South South brothers.

Now you may think I am overreacting however when push comes to shove, I have assumed the military is in full control of the fulani. We must create our own parallel military and we must be willing to dig in. No half measures, we must be ready to do what it takes in order that we become an independent entity, free from the madness that has characterised our collective existence since 1914.

Why do you need all these ammunitions/missile defense system for Fulani herdsmen who just play hide and seek in a coward way. Not that you are fighting a co-ordinated military of some sort so why do we need all these things you are saying?

The solution to Fulani herdsmen menace is very simple, it is government WILL to do. I’m not talking about the FG here, I’m talking about the SW governors and leaders themselves.

There is nothing stopping them from taking a bold enforceable steps of banning open grazing entirely in states across the SW and making sure they stand their ground.

Then after that, we know what will be left is to go into those forest and do a mop up operation of what’s left of the remnants in our forests and etc.

Also you systematically send these Fulanis out of the West using a well masterminded government policy of some sort. You can only implement martial law in a nation fighting war and that’s when our military guys will come in place.

But here you are still in Nigeria, not that we are currently waging full blown war against anyone. I don’t subscribe to emotions online and I prefer talking about realistic and ethical things.

Mind you, do you even think all this media coverage and voices from the SW leaders is for joke? They know what they are planning and when the results start showing, you will understand the game.

Lastly, I did not chestbeat, you said you know our history well, so you should know the SW are determined and any uprising in the West will consume the rest of the country.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan Cutting Her 55th Birthday Cake (Pic) / MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government / Empty Presidential Directives - Daily Trust Editorial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.