Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,196 members, 7,835,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Why I Am Supporting Jonathan Ebele Goodluck - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Am Supporting Jonathan Ebele Goodluck (1449 Views)

- Obasanjo: Why I Am Supporting Buhari / “I Am Supporting Goodluck Jonathan” – Majek Fashek To Join Politics / 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Am Supporting Jonathan Ebele Goodluck by lateef4me(m): 4:39pm On Apr 03, 2011
Hello nairalanders,we all know this  presidential election is between GEJ and Buhari,the other contenders Shekarau ,Ribadu ,Dele Momodu e.t.c are just playing to the gallery .

Now,between the two, I'm supporting GEJ for the following reasons :

--- I stand for Jonathan's candidacy not because of his personality or party,but because of who /what he represents ,a Bayelsan
from Niger Delta.
--- I'm campaigning for Jonathan's candidacy because I believe the presidency should not be the exclusive rights of certain part of our nation . That Nigerians ,irrespective of their tribe,race and region should be able to aspire to the highest office in the land . Denying GEJ of this opportunity is saying otherwise.The North 'Born to rule' mentality must stop ! Nigeria belongs to all of us !
--- I stand for GEJ's presidency because where he's from , Niger Delta ,provides over 90 percent of our resources . Haba , these guys deserve a shot at the presidency.

After Jonathan's presidency, I long for an Igbo president .Come 2015, I believe it should be the turn for Igbo's candidates . These guys have been denied and treated as second class citizens .
Though I respect Bakare,I can NEVER support Buhari's presidency because he has been part of Nigeria's problems since 1966 . The guy is old,devoid of ideas and out of torch with modern realities .
Finally,anti-GEJ should note that 'THERE IS NO GOOD POLITICIAN OR BETTER PARTY,IT'S JUST A QUESTION OF COMPARATIVE BADNESS' !

Nairalanders,who do you stand for during this critical period ? Remember if you don't stand for something,you'll fall for anything !
Re: Why I Am Supporting Jonathan Ebele Goodluck by appletango: 4:47pm On Apr 03, 2011
So you don't mind a thief as long as the thief comes from your village?

Such primitive reasoning.
Re: Why I Am Supporting Jonathan Ebele Goodluck by lateef4me(m): 4:53pm On Apr 03, 2011
For all those campaigning for GEJ,goodluck to you and goodluck to Nigeria . For those wasting their efforts and energy on Buhari, i pity you cos you are just  pawns in the scheme of the North  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why I Am Supporting Jonathan Ebele Goodluck by otokx(m): 4:54pm On Apr 03, 2011
Congratulations on your decision
Re: Why I Am Supporting Jonathan Ebele Goodluck by Kobojunkie: 4:54pm On Apr 03, 2011
I at least give that you are honest in your bid there that you do it out of ethnic bigotry/cultural bias more than any ludicrous ideas that the man is a good leader, humble and all the baseless nonsense we have read over and over describing the man Jonathan, whose own record clearly shows he is none of what they claim.

lateef4me:

Finally,anti-GEJ should note that 'THERE IS NO GOOD POLITICIAN OR BETTER PARTY,IT'S JUST A QUESTION OF COMPARATIVE BADNESS' !

Last November elections, the people in the United States went to the polls to vote -- they voted overwhelmingly against the democratic party, not because they felt the republican party was better, or had better ideas or even that the republicans represented them more, but according to analysts, the people voted to send a message to the democrats that they (the people) are in charge and will not reward them for mediocre performance.

You do not have have to worry about good or bad politicians or better or worse party . . . you simply have to worry about getting the right and capable people in office more often than not. So far, we know that those currently in office are not the right people and their record shows they are neither capable !
Re: Why I Am Supporting Jonathan Ebele Goodluck by lateef4me(m): 5:06pm On Apr 03, 2011
So you don't mind a thief as long as the thief comes from your village?

please spare us this holier than thou stuff about Buhari, all politicians are thieves , Buhari is a thief  smiley smiley, GEJ is a looter   embarassed but let's allow him so that one day an Igala man,igbo man and all nigerians will know that nigeria belongs to all of us
Re: Why I Am Supporting Jonathan Ebele Goodluck by EzeUche(m): 5:07pm On Apr 03, 2011
I agree with you OP. President Jonathan stands as a symbol for all the oppressed minorities in Nigeria, especially in the Niger Delta. Many people on Nairaland have not come to realize that by now.

Why should members of the same group continue to run for president? Why can't an Efik man be president of Nigeria? Why can't an Idoma man be president of Nigeria? Why can't a Tiv man be president of Nigeria? Why can't an Ekoi man be president of Nigeria? The list is endless. Even the Igbo have never had a head of state except for Ironsi back in the 60s for a few months. Don't people find that strange?

Buhari had his time to run this nation as a Military Head of State. Why should we recycle "leaders" when there are over 150 million Nigerians?

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=dlattach;id=415793;type=avatar[/img]
Re: Why I Am Supporting Jonathan Ebele Goodluck by efisher(m): 5:12pm On Apr 03, 2011
Goodluck to you. Goodluck to Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpZdfA78crM&feature=related

[size=21pt]Fresh Air 2011!!  [/size]
Re: Why I Am Supporting Jonathan Ebele Goodluck by ektbear: 5:21pm On Apr 03, 2011
lateef4me:

--- I stand for Jonathan's candidacy not because of his personality or party,but because of who /what he represents ,a Bayelsan
from Niger Delta.
So voting based on ethnicity. . .

--- I'm campaigning for Jonathan's candidacy because I believe the presidency should not be the exclusive rights of certain part of our nation . That Nigerians ,irrespective of their tribe,race and region should be able to aspire to the highest office in the land . Denying GEJ of this opportunity is saying otherwise.The North 'Born to rule' mentality must stop ! Nigeria belongs to all of us !
There was a zoning formula in place. If you are anti-zoning, then GEJ would never have even been selected VP. If you are pro-zoning, then in theory it is still the North's "turn."

--- I stand for GEJ's presidency because where he's from , Niger Delta ,provides over 90 percent of our resources . Haba , these guys deserve a shot at the presidency.
Zoning principle suggests that they'd get their turn when it becomes their time. 2015 was supposed to belong to either SS or SE under zoning (To be clear, I'm not a fan of this zoning principle, just stating that under it, everyone would have gotten a shot.)

After Jonathan's presidency, I long for an Igbo president .Come 2015, I believe it should be the turn for Igbo's candidates . These guys have been denied and treated as second class citizens.
Why do you think GEJ would only serve one turn, first of all? Second. . . if you are saying "turn", then are you supporting zoning? If so, then how can you support GEJ who is violating the zoning principle? You are being very inconsistent. . .
Re: Why I Am Supporting Jonathan Ebele Goodluck by EkoIle1: 5:22pm On Apr 03, 2011
D/umb and pathetic looters of tomorrow supporting patheic and incompetent looters of today.
Re: Why I Am Supporting Jonathan Ebele Goodluck by EkoIle1: 5:26pm On Apr 03, 2011
EzeUche:

I agree with you OP. President Jonathan stands as a symbol for all the oppressed minorities in Nigeria, especially in the Niger Delta. Many people on Nairaland have not come to realize that by now.

Why should members of the same group continue to run for president? Why can't an Efik man be president of Nigeria? Why can't an Idoma man be president of Nigeria? Why can't a Tiv man be president of Nigeria? Why can't an Ekoi man be president of Nigeria? The list is endless. Even the Igbo have never had a head of state except for Ironsi back in the 60s for a few months. Don't people find that strange?

Buhari had his time to run this nation as a Military Head of State. Why should we recycle "leaders" when there are over 150 million Nigerians?

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=dlattach;id=415793;type=avatar[/img]

Is it ever going to be about competency and qualifications and not tribal or regional nonsence?

It's really sad that we have to keep reading these backward and illeterate reasonings and utterances.
Re: Why I Am Supporting Jonathan Ebele Goodluck by efisher(m): 5:27pm On Apr 03, 2011
Eko Ile, Goodluck to you.

Goodluck is the symbol of unity. His victory shows that Nigeria can go beyond tribalism.

Re: Why I Am Supporting Jonathan Ebele Goodluck by Coolabbie: 5:36pm On Apr 03, 2011
Anoda one has been dumbed down. Wat a pathetic load of gibberish. U throw away competence & achievements & support someone because of his tribe. Naija we were once reputed 2 hv d best brains, wat went wrong?
Re: Why I Am Supporting Jonathan Ebele Goodluck by efisher(m): 5:41pm On Apr 03, 2011
Goodluck Jonathan: The Change We Need, The Change We Deserve, The Change Has Come.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMOgT8NcS8s&feature=related

[size=21pt]Fresh Air 2011!!  [/size]
Re: Why I Am Supporting Jonathan Ebele Goodluck by EkoIle1: 7:06pm On Apr 03, 2011
efisher:

Eko Ile, Goodluck to you.
Goodluck is the symbol of unity. His victory shows that Nigeria can go beyond tribalism.

Back to sender, don't wish me evil.

Nigerians are getting bombed everyday, religeous and ethnic riots everywhere, jos is still burning, election is a mess and this d/umb and clueless clown running mouth about tability in Nigeria.
Re: Why I Am Supporting Jonathan Ebele Goodluck by efisher(m): 7:10pm On Apr 03, 2011
If you do not want goodluck, you can take some Fresh Air. We have a lot to offer. cool

Re: Why I Am Supporting Jonathan Ebele Goodluck by EzeUche(m): 8:36pm On Apr 03, 2011
Eko Ile:

Is it ever going to be about competency and qualifications and not tribal or regional nonsence?

It's really sad that we have to keep reading these backward and illeterate reasonings and utterances.

If the election was about competency and qualifications, Ribadu and Buhari would not be running. Pat Utomi and others would be the front runners now would they?

This election is about regional, minority and religious sentiments. Even advanced democracies sometimes deal with the descriptive aspect of a candidate.

Look at how President Obama was elected, because he was the first major African American candidate to run for office who actually had a chance of being elected. You are living in a dream world, if you think Nigeria should aspire to such levels.
Re: Why I Am Supporting Jonathan Ebele Goodluck by MaiSuya(m): 8:52pm On Apr 03, 2011
@OP, well its your prerogative. good luck to you.
Re: Why I Am Supporting Jonathan Ebele Goodluck by smile11s(m): 9:02pm On Apr 03, 2011
@op

may you live long!
Re: Why I Am Supporting Jonathan Ebele Goodluck by efisher(m): 9:13pm On Apr 03, 2011
^ Amen.

In addition, may you sit among those that matter and stand out among them.
Re: Why I Am Supporting Jonathan Ebele Goodluck by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 03, 2011
This is a question I wish Nigerians ask themselves. I see a lot of broken bandwagons heading for a dead end . . . .Nigeria's "goodluck" is running out. That's what happens when you make a bargain with the devil himself.
Re: Why I Am Supporting Jonathan Ebele Goodluck by armyofone(m): 9:21pm On Apr 03, 2011
Nigeria politics

undecided undecided
Re: Why I Am Supporting Jonathan Ebele Goodluck by Beaf: 9:23pm On Apr 03, 2011
Fresh Air 2001!
. . .And may all zoning proponents and similar disenfranchisers always take the wrong turn in the road and may their vision continue to be cross-eyed until they change. cool
Re: Why I Am Supporting Jonathan Ebele Goodluck by Tunsbobo(m): 10:41pm On Apr 03, 2011
Only a fool would vote for buhari! Take it or leave it!
Re: Why I Am Supporting Jonathan Ebele Goodluck by efisher(m): 11:01pm On Apr 03, 2011
Gbam! That was quite harsh. Take it easy on them. They are still Nigerians and we love them cool
Re: Why I Am Supporting Jonathan Ebele Goodluck by kasiem(m): 11:18pm On Apr 03, 2011
I will not be surprised to see bb's henchmen coming out here to tell us that bb is a christian, all in the name of clothing him with fallacious sainthood.
Re: Why I Am Supporting Jonathan Ebele Goodluck by armyofone(m): 1:34pm On Apr 04, 2011
interesting that nigerians still want oldies in 2011,  sad

Buhari? wasn't he one the past head of states?? why in devil's hell do they want him again??
Re: Why I Am Supporting Jonathan Ebele Goodluck by efisher(m): 1:39pm On Apr 04, 2011
^ I tire o my brother!

Forward Ever, Backwards Never.

GEJ is the future.
Re: Why I Am Supporting Jonathan Ebele Goodluck by humebuloe: 3:56pm On Apr 04, 2011
My humble submission is that all those who have been there before deserve no return because I don't know whet they forgot as to go and get it back.why the recycling? let's try fresh hands.
Re: Why I Am Supporting Jonathan Ebele Goodluck by Gbawe: 4:14pm On Apr 04, 2011
@OP.

It really does not matter why you support GEJ. Most systems , however bastardized with tyranny and oppression, will eventually begin to self-correct . It tends to be cyclical. History bears this out . The criminals and enemies of progress tend to get their way for a long time before the inevitable implosion begins .If Jonathan wins, it will eventually end in tears for him and you his fan because he is simply out of his league . Like Yar Adua , Jonathan is not someone who ever wanted to become President . The deliberate and urgent passion to make a difference , at the highest level, is absent in him as it was in Yar Adua. That is a recipe for disaster. The opportunist AGIPs and ruinous hands have already noted this vacousness in GEJ and this is why they are all behind him , in unity, as they similarly got behind Yar Adua to the detriment of Nigeria. The difference is that Jonathan has far more ruinous hands behind him than Yar Adua did. It is scary how Jonathan has united the worst men and women in Nigeria. Simply frightening . You cannot stop Vultures from eating carcasses because it is what they do . That will be the main problem for GEJ who happens to have a lot of vultures in his camp . The system will simply not survive it .
Re: Why I Am Supporting Jonathan Ebele Goodluck by Gbenge77(m): 7:30pm On Apr 04, 2011
i insist if GEJ is voted into power,Nigerias account will be in the red in no time.
Re: Why I Am Supporting Jonathan Ebele Goodluck by Gbenge77(m): 8:27pm On Apr 04, 2011
Goodluck to you .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ibb, Atiku, Ciroma & Co. Now Team Bb Players? / Solution To Our(nigeria's) Power Problem / Christians And Southerners Have Misruled Nigeria For 30 Of Its 51 Years Since In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.