Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,443 members, 7,830,217 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Nairaland Romance Section - The Children's Playground - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nairaland Romance Section - The Children's Playground (261 Views)

Most Nairaland Romance Section Men Smoke Weed And Abuse Alcohol / Nairaland Romance Section Slum Book 2017. [fill & Shoutout] / My Nairaland Romance Story: Two Nairalanders Wed (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Romance Section - The Children's Playground by Mikester: 11:17am On Jan 24, 2021
I hate to be the one posting this but I've been an avid viewer of this section for a long while and I noticed that about 80% of the discussions here is just about sex day in, day out. I'm not sure if I'm the only one noticing this but recently, our posts in this section are much in number but have very little to impact. They mostly dwell on women bashing or sexual related issues, utterly different from the romance section of old. I think this trend is just shallow and childish. As in very unfortunately, the distance between insanity and most posts here is zero.

I miss the nairaland of old where there were interesting intellectual topics to discuss and brighter minds to contribute. Now nairaland romance section is just a ghost of itself and isn't moving at all.

I've always believed that if one isn't moving, others would throw dirt on him. However difficult it may seem, I believe we need to think bigger.

Who else has noticed this ugly trend and what do you think?

Re: Nairaland Romance Section - The Children's Playground by Kriss216: 11:23am On Jan 24, 2021
. I miss the nairaland of old where there were interesting intellectual topics to discuss and brighter minds to contribute.
It’s called Romance section for a reason. You don’t expect intellectual discussions on a Romance platform. There are platforms for intellectual discussions here and you are hardly in those sections.
Re: Nairaland Romance Section - The Children's Playground by illicit(m): 11:47am On Jan 24, 2021
Bad Romance....
Re: Nairaland Romance Section - The Children's Playground by Mikester: 11:59am On Jan 24, 2021
Kriss216:

It’s called Romance section for a reason. You don’t expect intellectual discussions on a Romance platform. There are platforms for intellectual discussions here and you are hardly in those sections.

Maybe I chose the wrong word (even though I still feel that romance and intellect go together) but it doesn't change the fact that sex talk/women bashing all the time is boring. People are more likely to quit this section if it persists. We need to bring up more reasonable topics besides the junk that is trending now. That's my stance here. Wouldn't want nairaland to be another facebook undecided
Re: Nairaland Romance Section - The Children's Playground by Mikester: 12:03pm On Jan 24, 2021
Nairalanders I made a post. Your opinions are required. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Blogger Kamuche Doris Died Few Days After Celebrating Her Birthday / How To Make Valentine Day Special And Spicy: Sex before Marriage a Sin / How Possible Is This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.