Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,868 members, 7,828,089 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? (24252 Views)

Is It Compulsory For A Lady To Know How To Cook Before Marriage? / Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? / Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by Rashduct4luv(m): 4:54pm On Jan 26, 2021
Yes o

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by RoRoo: 4:54pm On Jan 26, 2021
No.
You can be good elsewhere, the idea that women must be good in the kitchen only propagate the wrong Idea that they belong there. It also creates a situation where the man is okay not making food because he believes it is the job of the woman. Making food is an art and some people just don't have it.
Although, I believe every human(male or female) should possess the basic skill to make their own food. The food might not be tasteful but they should be able to whip up something so theu shouldn't starve even if they can afford to buy.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by FireTheMods: 4:54pm On Jan 26, 2021
I would answer in the affirmative. Esp if you plan on living in Naija
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 26, 2021
Just incase it boils down to competition in the future, you need to have an ace over competition
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by GRACEGLORY: 4:54pm On Jan 26, 2021
No, it’s only a plus, and same applies to the man

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jan 26, 2021
That is the most important skill a woman can acquire before getting married.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by Oshokalo: 4:55pm On Jan 26, 2021
bjprodint:
your sisters and cousins are our heads.
u have respect do u know why
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by Denique(f): 4:55pm On Jan 26, 2021
bjprodint:

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by Deserea: 4:55pm On Jan 26, 2021
The way to a mans heart is through the mouth. Play with this advice and have yourself to blame.

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by sammirano: 4:56pm On Jan 26, 2021
No. Since you want to be stupid this hot afternoon.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by Jennypnj(f): 4:56pm On Jan 26, 2021
mosdii:
Nigerian Girls Are Useless...All Of Them
You speak like a fool. ☜ (↼_↼)ಠ︵ಠ

5 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by DEMZEE(m): 4:57pm On Jan 26, 2021
Mynd44:
No.
You can be good elsewhere, the idea that women must be good in the kitchen only propagate the wrong Idea that they belong there. It also creates a situation where the man is okay not making food because he believes it is the job of the woman. Making food is an art and some people just don't have it.

Although, I believe every human(male or female) should possess the basic skill to make their own food. The food might not be tasteful but they should be able to whip up something so theu shouldn't starve even if they can afford to buy. Atleast sabi cook noodles.

I believe women's top priorities in marriage are giving their good husband quality sex, quality food and quality submission.

Even if a man knows how to cook it will never replace the feeling women get wen they cook for their husbands

Marriage isn't a democracy

10 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by yemmight(m): 4:57pm On Jan 26, 2021
Not negotiable.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jan 26, 2021
It's compulsory for my own setting.

Aunty, you better learn how to cook now to avoid the story that touches the heart in your marriage.
No be every man go be like my brother who dey teach him wife how to cook after them don marry.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by ELgordo(m): 4:58pm On Jan 26, 2021
Yes
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by ursamajor: 4:58pm On Jan 26, 2021
Nooo...is it compulsory for the man to provide,
or be the leader in the home?

7 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by DryMouth: 4:59pm On Jan 26, 2021
No it is not..
Jst be a good and smart wife and we are good to go

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by Mynd44: 5:01pm On Jan 26, 2021
DEMZEE:

I believe women's top priorities in marriage are giving their good husband quality sex, quality food and quality submission.

Even if a man knows how to cook it will never replace the feeling women get wen they cook for their husbands

Marriage isn't a democracy
This mentality needs to stop. A woman is not a cook but a partner

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by Ramon92: 5:01pm On Jan 26, 2021
Mynd44:
No.

Although, I believe every human(male or female) should possess the basic skill to make their own food. The food might not be tasteful but they should be able to whip up something so theu shouldn't starve even if they can afford to buy. Atleast sabi cook noodles.
beta mindset comment..

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by SavageResponse(m): 5:02pm On Jan 26, 2021
Yes!
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by apple30(f): 5:03pm On Jan 26, 2021
bjprodint:
wat abt d mother nko grin
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by 44Bulldog(m): 5:03pm On Jan 26, 2021
NO

Odé
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 26, 2021
Mynd44:
No.

Block me but truth be told you are a Feminist
Who doesn't value nuturing of children at all

12 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 26, 2021
Marry a good wife rather than a good cook

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by 001spice: 5:03pm On Jan 26, 2021
Senseless question. Why nt ask if it compulsory for the husband to providing for the house need

8 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by Thunday1005(m): 5:03pm On Jan 26, 2021
Not really compulsory, if you can hire a good cook
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by Jimmyubah2: 5:03pm On Jan 26, 2021
In Africa yes, in the Western world no.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by Tony609(m): 5:04pm On Jan 26, 2021
Leshurr:
Yes.

But according to Kevin Samuels, it's not enough to just be a good cook; a woman of quality should also have her own recipe book with her own culinary inventions.. undecided
bea you got me hypnotise!!! can I get to know u more

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by Flolovtri(f): 5:04pm On Jan 26, 2021
Yes

So when house help travels to village or fall sick you'll still be able to cook something edible yourself

And cases might come up where you just have to cook-someone might come visiting-and you definitely will want to serve something nice

Ladies just know how to cook,it's not about husband-its a really good asset

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by Harmlesspill(m): 5:05pm On Jan 26, 2021
veave:
No. Just make enough money and employ one. The most important thing is the availability of cooked food.
Another woman will cook and serve your husband food and definitely do some other house chores?
so why are you in that marriage?

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

72 Years Old Man Seeks Dissolution Of His 44 Years Old Marriage / Happy Birthday To My Darling Son / Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.