Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,712 members, 7,827,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? (24249 Views)

Is It Compulsory For A Lady To Know How To Cook Before Marriage? / Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? / Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 26, 2021
Dapcity007:

Our society is conservative
Your ideology is progressive
Egalitarianistic-Equalism can't work in marriage
That's why marriage has declined in western societies
Conservative ? Lol ,if you say so, I can assure you that word won't stand for long, the center will have to give way with the coming of this "woke " generation.

Also even as of now, I think describing Nigeria as conservative is a bit misleading,just saying.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by onyenatruchi: 5:58pm On Jan 26, 2021
veave:
No. Just make enough money and employ one. The most important thing is the availability of cooked food.
ibu onye ara
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jan 26, 2021
Cooking itself is Feminine in nature
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by DEMZEE(m): 6:00pm On Jan 26, 2021
Wittyduchess:
lol,Are you sure about that? You should know your environment more. I know data and statistics is not a thing for you Nigerians but you should know divorce rates have doubled and this has nothing to do with cooking ,just imagine if cooking was to be added to the troubles plaguing Nigerian marriages.

That's a lie people are getting married every fucking weekends

Divorce do happen but it's not a culture here and we Shame the perpetrators

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 26, 2021
Wittyduchess:
Conservative ? Lol ,if you say so, I can assure you that word won't stand for long, the center will have to give way with the coming of this "woke " generation.

Also even as of now, I think describing Nigeria as conservative is a bit misleading,just saying.

Woke I don't think so , we have Islam to keep Christian youths in check in case we misbehave
I understand your point
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 26, 2021
DEMZEE:

That's a lie people are getting married every fucking weekends

Divorce do happen but it's not a culture here and we Shame the perpetrators
"Shame perpetrators" . Wow! You are so funny, let me guess ,you put ash on their foreheads and drag them through the market square for ending their marriage grin grin grin.

You know what, I hear you. Have a nice day.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jan 26, 2021
Wittyduchess:
"Shame perpetrators" . Wow! You are so funny, let me guess ,you put ash on their foreheads and drag them through the market square for ending their marriage grin grin grin.

Our culture doesn't tolerate or celebrate single mothers and divorcees

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by Shortyyy(f): 6:05pm On Jan 26, 2021
veave:

You're trying to use your life's situation on me. I'm not the root of your aggression. If youre a slave to your boss kindly resign. Don't assume I'm suffering the same predicament as you are. Thank you.

Nne you're busting my head with your replies grin

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jan 26, 2021
Dapcity007:

Woke I don't think so , we have Islam to keep Christian youths in check in case we misbehave
I understand your point
Islam ,the 18th century model of living ,oh I forgot about that. And by "keeping christian youths in check" I am guessing you mean jihad currently hovering around the south? undecided.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by rasxx(m): 6:06pm On Jan 26, 2021
I don't need a good cook, anyone can be hired for that, I need companionship, a friend. If she spends all the time cooking how do we bond? Knowing also that you need to hustle ,Plus children wahala.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by DEMZEE(m): 6:07pm On Jan 26, 2021
Wittyduchess:

We don't teach our young females that single motherhood is strength and getting divorced or having a tag of divorces on their memo is empowerment

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by veave(f): 6:07pm On Jan 26, 2021
Shortyyy:

Nne you're busting my head with your replies grin

My love, I can't kill myself, some Nigerians think its only when you suffer till you die that is when you're truly living. Abiarom uwa afufu biko.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by Olayetan(m): 6:08pm On Jan 26, 2021
I don't know how some Africans reason, is food a necessity in one's life? If yes then why is cooking food not important?

Imagine if everyone start seeing cooking as something not important then who would do it for even money and personal consumption.

You want to ride your own car and have your own shelter cux you believe they are important things but cooking skills isn't important and you want to foolishly employ a cook that can easily get you poisoned and abscond away.

Cooking skill very important to female cux it's part of their duty as it's part of male duty to provide everything for the entire household

3 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by DEMZEE(m): 6:09pm On Jan 26, 2021
rasxx:
I don't need a good cook, anyone can be hired for that, I need companionship, a friend. If she spends all the time cooking how do we bond? Knowing also that you need to hustle ,Plus children wahala.

Why do you want ur wife to hustle like a man in the first place??
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by simplesearch: 6:10pm On Jan 26, 2021
One of the things that qualifies a woman to be called a wife and not just a woman is in her ability to cook properly well and take care of her household.
Even if your arrogance and pride won't make you submit to your husband as a woman, at least you should submit to your stomach and children.
If as a woman you have to be visiting Park N shop every now and then to buy soup, that will be a shame to you on the long run!
Once a woman can't cook properly it simply means she had an incomplete parenting while growing up, and no matter how you try to cover it up one day you'll run out of excuse.
Read the profile of Kamala Harris and you will see that one of the things she's proud of, is in her ability to cook very well and fill her chicken,
that's every woman's hope, joy, aspiration, fulfillment and pride. To be able to fill her chicken and fill it well!
Cooking is not a man's duty, a sensible woman won't even want a man choking her kitchen space, she wants to have all her freedom and do all her experiment in there. That's why some kitchen are better equipped and more comfortable than the living room.
Not saying the man can't help out as situation may warrant, that's common sense. But the kitchen belong to the woman!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 26, 2021
Wittyduchess:
Islam ,the 18th century model of living ,oh I forgot about that. And by "keeping christian youths in check" I am guessing you mean jihad currently hovering around the south? undecided.

No Nigeria is an ethnico- religious society, if any progressive law is to be passed we will scrutinize it with our cultural and religious bias , then we amend or reject them
Divorce
Abortion
Femcentric biased family court legal system
False rape culture
Affirmative action
Quota policies
Identity politics (Nigeria is tribalistic tho but ok)

Will all be prevented in Nigeria
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by DEMZEE(m): 6:10pm On Jan 26, 2021
veave:

My love, I can't kill myself, some Nigerians think its only when you suffer till you die that is when you're truly living. Abiarom uwa afufu biko.

M very sure u are not married and u are way into ur 30s

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by PreciousGurl(f): 6:10pm On Jan 26, 2021
DEMZEE:

Wat other responsibilities do women shoulder in the average Nigeria home that will make her see cooking for her own husband a task and a punishment

What?
Maybe you are confusing the topic of the thread.
I didn't say a woman should not cook for her husband.

I am just implying that it is not a must that a woman must be a good cook.
Emphasis on good cook.

But then I think everyone should strive to know how to make their own meals to their taste.

My best soup may taste somehow to another party. Taste differs.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by simplesearch: 6:11pm On Jan 26, 2021
rasxx:

You're not speaking from experience.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by slimman007: 6:12pm On Jan 26, 2021
veave:

Lool. You're the only one I'm going to reply on this issue.

1. I'm married. 2. I can cook very well. 3. The only thing stopping me from getting a cook is because i can't afford it yet. 4. Marriage is not a do or die affair so if a man chooses not to eat because his 'wife's wasn't the person that prepared the meal hence wanting a divorce, he can as well go his way. 5. Life is too short to put yourself under endless stress when there's an alternative.

Thank you.

For you to have agreed to get married you MUST know how to prepared good meal for your husband.I see no reason why I married you and you can't cook good food and expect peace in that home..Madam is better you pack out and allow another woman who is ready to be called a wife takes your place..I come in PEACE

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by Ghostmode2two(m): 6:12pm On Jan 26, 2021
I am also sure that a woman should not be good in sex too so that her marriage will be perfect. Not a good cook and not good in sex.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by Shortyyy(f): 6:12pm On Jan 26, 2021
Assuming I marry and with this busy schedule of mine, you'll expect me to sit down every day and be cooking for you. If I hire a chef for that and you don't want, you'll be cooking your food yourself. And if that's a major criterion for the marriage, then boy bye.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by jaxxy(m): 6:13pm On Jan 26, 2021
Dapcity007:

There is no excuse
Our mothers did it with love for their family
Mordern women are against these by insisting that their husbands behave like them which is an Egalitarian-equalisic way of thinking , it happens in progressive societies like Norway, Canada and people are no longer marrying again

Civilization changes a lot and the world has changed abit. Wives have taken up more manly roles and therefore need support or Sm balance. There is nothing wrong with that.

A man can’t just sit down and be demanding this and that. We are not in the 15th century. Be realistic or atleast marry who fits ur mentality for peace of mind sake.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jan 26, 2021
veave:

Don't be a caricature copy of a man
You don't understand masculinity and never will because you don't have a dick
You can mimic masculinity but never become a real one

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by DEMZEE(m): 6:14pm On Jan 26, 2021
PreciousGurl:

What?
Maybe you are confusing the topic of the thread.
I didn't say a woman should not cook for her husband.

I am just implying that it is not a must that a woman must be a good cook.
Emphasis on good cook.

But then I think everyone should strive to know how to make their own meals to their taste.

My best soup may taste somehow to another party. Taste differs.

U didn't answer my question tho

Good is relative

But a woman must know how to cook especially if she wants to be wife-able
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by leomarz007: 6:15pm On Jan 26, 2021
pdpchangeapc:
Anyway, being a good cook is one of those qualities that is expected from an african woman and thats why a yoruba adage says 'olobe lo loko', that is a woman that is a good cook owns the husband.

you've said it all.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by poweredcom(m): 6:15pm On Jan 26, 2021
Any woman dat can't cook is a very stupid and wasted woman

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 26, 2021
jaxxy:

Civilization changes a lot and the world has changed abit. Wives have taken up more manly roles and therefore need support or Sm balance. There is nothing wrong with that.

A man can’t just sit down and be demanding this and that. We are not in the 15th century. Be realistic or atleast marry who fits ur mentality for peace of mind sake.

I'm not a realist
But a pragmatist

The decline of roman empire was accelerated due did to promotion of femcentric Egalitarianistic-Equalistic social progressive ideologies same thing is happening in western today

Very realistic but destructive

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by DEMZEE(m): 6:17pm On Jan 26, 2021
jaxxy:

Look at progressive nations with equalism culture and see how they have useless the marriage institution.

I don't believe men and women are fundamentally equal

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 26, 2021
poweredcom:
Any woman dat can't cook is a very stupid and wasted woman

Nice
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 26, 2021
Mynd44:
No.
You can be good elsewhere, the idea that women must be good in the kitchen only propagate the wrong Idea that they belong there. It also creates a situation where the man is okay not making food because he believes it is the job of the woman. Making food is an art and some people just don't have it.

Although, I believe every human(male or female) should possess the basic skill to make their own food. The food might not be tasteful but they should be able to whip up something so theu shouldn't starve even if they can afford to buy. Atleast sabi cook noodles.
You're on point.
Cooking is a basic skill everyone should have. I hope you know they will call you "simp"?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jan 26, 2021
Deserea:
The way to a mans heart is through the mouth. Play with this advice and have yourself to blame.
Yen yen yen....

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

72 Years Old Man Seeks Dissolution Of His 44 Years Old Marriage / Happy Birthday To My Darling Son / Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.