Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,766 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign (24271 Views)

Photos Of The Girl With Half-body At Home With Her Family In Kano / My Wife Is More Sexually Responsive After I Beat Her Up / My Husband Is Sexually Weak: Wife Tells Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by ochallo: 8:53am On Nov 24, 2012
Flagler County parents fed up with their daughter’s behavior allegedly forced her to hold a sign advertising what she did at a busy intersection.

Flagler County teenager, Jasmine, stood on the corner of a very busy, very public street corner in Palm Coast holding a sign as punishment Wednesday.

“We’re trying to stop this before the courts have to do it themselves,” said father Mike.

WESH 2 News is not revealing the family’s last name, but Mike and Melinda say the 15-year-old has been lying, drinking, sneaking out and overnight, she sneaked a boy in.

Jasmine’s sign reads, “I sneak boys in at 3 a.m. and disrespect my parents and grandparents.”

We love this, these bad azz kids need tough love nowadays.

“This is all about love. I took my day off of work. I missed out on $300 or $400 today to do this. You know what I mean, to come and do this. I love this kid,” said Mike.

“I’ve taken all her toys or her electronics away; her phone, no privileges on the TV or computer and still she just laughs about it,” said Melinda.

Passing motorists seemed to approve of this tough love including honking and giving the thumbs up.

“They need to learn a lesson and that’s not abuse,” said one passerby. “She did something, she’s paying for it. You need consequences.”

2 Likes

Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by martyns303(m): 9:03am On Nov 24, 2012
She did something, she’s paying for it. You need consequences.” couldn't have said it any better.

10 Likes

Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by EfemenaXY: 9:09am On Nov 24, 2012
This is just sick undecided

There are better ways to correct teenagers than this. Sure, this isn't physical abuse...it's emotional abuse! Stripping a young child of her dignity and publicly humiliating her this way? lipsrsealed

6 Likes

Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by Adufaye(m): 9:12am On Nov 24, 2012
I so much luv dis punishment

2 Likes

Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by k2039: 9:13am On Nov 24, 2012
Sneaking a boy into her parents home is utmost disrespect(no regards at all).

She deserve that kind of punishment,infact the parents should have forced her to show her face rather than covering it.

It just shows that in terms of morality America is fvcked,frankly to me that's the worst country you can raise a kid.I read the comments on youtube,needless to say I was dissapointed with most of the comments,I sure know most of the comments came from teenage Americans.
What else do you expect from a society where parents cannot flog their kids,a society where parents are scared of raising their hands against their kids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22d3h-_Tm3s

12 Likes

Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by mataz(f): 9:21am On Nov 24, 2012
I think they should just have an open realationship with her and they must talk abot evry thing raven sex and she must start using contreceptives since she is allready active
Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by masterpiecer(m): 9:24am On Nov 24, 2012
i love naija parents, forget all abt the crapy sign, if na 4 here, na koboko go finish dat her pretty nyash angry.
honestly i like d way we discipline kids than these oyibo peeps

1 Like

Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by Nobody: 9:27am On Nov 24, 2012
angry i don't think i like this 'kain' punishment o. It may not even have any positive effect on her

5 Likes

Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by Kobojunkie: 9:38am On Nov 24, 2012
This is good. I mean it is better than the flogging kids get in Nigeria and I bet you this girl will never forget this experience, ever. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by SSaemoenl(m): 9:54am On Nov 24, 2012
But the girl accepted that the punishment will change her life for good.... smiley[b][/b]
Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by free2ryhme: 9:56am On Nov 24, 2012
She did something, she’s paying for it. You need consequences

beautifully summarized!!! ; smiley

2 Likes

Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by achukwunet(f): 9:59am On Nov 24, 2012
Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerfect punishment!! Foolish child. American parents are finally buckling up with punishment

2 Likes

Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by dont8(m): 9:59am On Nov 24, 2012
Unfortunately for the parents, this experience will spur her to do more.
Kobojunkie: This is good. I mean it is better than the flogging kids get in Nigeria and I bet you this girl will never forget this experience, ever. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by Walexz02(m): 10:00am On Nov 24, 2012
Hahahahah.....yeye gurl! E gud lyk dat..
Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by tintingz(m): 10:00am On Nov 24, 2012
Reading post so far in this thread

Boys liked the punishment

Gals disliked the punishment

Why do gals disliked this punishment?. . . grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 24, 2012
$300-400 a day! Chinekeeeeeeeee.

2 Likes

Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 24, 2012
Imagine people feeling sorry for this girl. Una never jam ogbanje. Some of these Yankee kids were born rotten. I have witnessed it in person. A mother tells her daughter to behave in public. The girl shouted back at her, "shut the f*#% up". The mom was so embarrassed. She actually sobbed and left the room. Kids murdering their parents because their parents seized their playstation. Girls sleeping with boys for potato chips, in hopes of getting pregnant. Koboko no fit cure ogbanje. I'm telling you.

If her parents didn't send her on the streets, she would one-up them next time. She's already sneaking boys to her room and laughing in her parents/grandparents' faces. Discipline is best when it's started from young. At age 15, shame and humiliation may be the answer.

8 Likes

Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by dasparrow: 10:04am On Nov 24, 2012
@Post

Serves her rude american teenage behind right!
Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by Nobody: 10:05am On Nov 24, 2012
blink182: $300-400 a day! Chinekeeeeeeeee.
TOO SMALL ? YEAH THEIR ECONOMY AINT WHAT IT USED TO BE
Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by abes(m): 10:05am On Nov 24, 2012
This is a good punishment that should not be encouraged because I fear suicide rate might be on the rise.

1 Like

Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by noskybanj(m): 10:07am On Nov 24, 2012
Yea I fink dis is ok, it should go a long way 2 make d lil girl feel bad 4 her negative behaviours. Some of ya all r saying u dnt like d punishment, what else would u do in a country wer u r nt allowed 2 hit kids? I fink d ppl dat deserves 2 b considered here r d parents. Imagine what dey must b going tru knowing a girl of 15 is dis disrespectful nd sneaks guys in2 her parents house. Come 9ja come try am na
Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by Leadn(m): 10:08am On Nov 24, 2012
achukwunet: Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerfect punishment!! Foolish child. American parents are finally buckling up with punishment

You're the first female to drop a reasonable comment. Thank you...

1 Like

Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 24, 2012
cry i saw someone sayin floggin...do they flog in western country... upon all d flogging in nigeria n africa in general,wat high changes has dis brought..shiit happens everywhere.Forget bout flogging...
pls no abuse..

1 Like

Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by kelvincoll(m): 10:11am On Nov 24, 2012
masterpiecer: i love naija parents, forget all abt the crapy sign, if na 4 here, na koboko go finish dat her pretty nyash angry.
honestly i like d way we discipline kids than these oyibo peeps

D end justifies the means, has our way of discipline yielded the desired result? More often in naija d teenagers afta d lashes of koboko turn immunne to such purnishment and act more, youngs ladies wud go as far as getting pregnant to a nuissance jst to leave d parents house sef undecided

1 Like

Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 24, 2012
ogugua88: Imagine people feeling sorry for this girl. Una never jam ogbanje. Some of these Yankee kids were born rotten. I have witnessed it in person. A mother tells her daughter to behave in public. The girl shouted back at her, "shut the f*#% up". The mom was so embarrassed. She actually sobbed and left the room. Kids murdering their parents because their parents seized their playstation. Girls sleeping with boys for potato chips, in hopes of getting pregnant. Koboko no fit cure ogbanje. I'm telling you.

If her parents didn't send her on the streets, she would one-up them next time. She's already sneaking boys to her room and laughing in her parents/grandparents' faces. Discipline is best when it's started from young. At age 15, shame and humiliation may be the answer.
so those things we de watch for oyibo film dem na true true?
Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by Nobody: 10:16am On Nov 24, 2012
k2039: Sneaking a boy into her parents home is utmost disrespect(no regards at all).

She deserve that kind of punishment,infact the parents should have forced her to show her face rather than covering it.

It just shows that in terms of morality America is fvcked,frankly to me that's the worst country you can raise a kid.I read the comments on youtube,needless to say I was dissapointed with most of the comments,I sure know most of the comments came from teenage Americans.
What else do you expect from a society where parents cannot flog their kids,a society where parents are scared of raising their hands against their kids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22d3h-_Tm3s
thats to u...goto mexico or columbia...nobody will tell u to take ur child bak to america if u r an american
Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by Leadn(m): 10:18am On Nov 24, 2012
tintingz: Reading post so far in this thread

Boys liked the purnishment

Gals disliked the purnishment

Why do gals disliked this purnishment?. . . grin grin

'cos they do worse undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by goodjack(m): 10:26am On Nov 24, 2012
Oyibo people dey crase. They don see how their over sabi is hitting back on them. How a pikin go carry man enter my house, she de crase. They no born nam well. I go beat am beat the boy we in carry come. I no go go to any oyiboland to go stay. Naija forever and ever. Na now I know why God carry me come put for this naija. Rubbish Oyibo.

4 Likes

Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by 2sexy(m): 10:27am On Nov 24, 2012
All those America wannabe, the worst you could do to your child is raise them in the US without a trace of their Nigerian heritage. Morally, that country is fvcked.

I would prefer to give my children their primary and secondary education here before sending them to the US.

As for the mother of this girl, she have started this long ago and not now that her daugther has grown to this level. But I cant blame her much because she seem to be the one paying the bills.

And to be honest, I dont see this yielding any fruit. She may end up running a way from home and get worse.

America, the pride of the world, has completely lost it morally!

This what you get when you give a child too much freedom. There's a girl in my house less than 19 and I tell you that she has been with numerous boys. I dont talk since the people who are suppose to do it aren't talking, why should i?

1 Like

Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by Les: 10:28am On Nov 24, 2012
Efemena_xy: This is just sick undecided

There are better ways to correct teenagers than this. Sure, this isn't physical abuse...it's emotional abuse! Stripping a young child of her dignity and publicly humiliating her this way? lipsrsealed
do you have any other option??
Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 24, 2012
Damn! This is too much of a punishment and too less of a correction. I mean,will this make the girl to run away 4rm d1cks?

2 Likes

Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 24, 2012
i SEE nothing wrong with this punishment....Well deserved and a way of ensuring correction. This is public embarrassment though, even my strict Dad wouldn't do this to me. But then again, I know my limits.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple Welcome Twins After 14 Years Of Waiting (Photos) / My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help / Checkout Lovely Picture Of Four Generations Of My Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.