Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? (24250 Views)

Is It Compulsory For A Lady To Know How To Cook Before Marriage? / Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? / Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by Sty1esLawyer: 5:16pm On Jan 26, 2021
Mynd44:
No.
You can be good elsewhere, the idea that women must be good in the kitchen only propagate the wrong Idea that they belong there. It also creates a situation where the man is okay not making food because he believes it is the job of the woman. Making food is an art and some people just don't have it.

Although, I believe every human(male or female) should possess the basic skill to make their own food. The food might not be tasteful but they should be able to whip up something so theu shouldn't starve even if they can afford to buy. Atleast sabi cook noodles.
Exactly! You can be good elsewhere like in the bedroom, at shopping, at wearing the latest wares and adorning in the latest makeup!!

You'll come back home at night and see the kids complaining that they can't eat mummy's food after mummy has forced them countless times and at the end of the day, there's mass wastage! Face it, a woman who can't cook well will only constitute wastage of resources in the home.

Lol. Oga said making food is an art. One would think making eba, rice or noodles is. Forget all these talk, making various sumptious delicacies out of your personal recipe is an art. I don't know when art became the ability to be able to draw the work of others or when artists became one through drawing what others have drew.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 26, 2021
jumper524:
the last wives on Earth are the ones our dad married.
only God can help our generation of women.
I'm sure this our coming generation of wives would so much cheat during marriage.
all though it's ain't their fault.
most youth of this days are into ogogoro which delays ejaculation.
unlike our father's who beleive the average sex time for men is 5-7 min, all men of my generation na beast, their average time is 40-50 min which we know must decline as we age.
imagine our women who started sex life at average 45min now trying to manage are aged husband who last for only 2min.
they must fornicate with those our set of young boys who would have had everlasting sex drugs to satisfy those our wives.
may God help us.
you dey make sense one kind.. abeg open new thread for this and mention me there
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by DEMZEE(m): 5:16pm On Jan 26, 2021
veave:
No. Just make enough money and employ one. The most important thing is the availability of cooked food.

M sure such man will bang the hell out of the hired cook

Why won't you know how to cook and u want to wife-able??

Which money are U making sef

U will rather slave under ur boss which fortunately most are males than cook for ur husband

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by DEMZEE(m): 5:21pm On Jan 26, 2021
Cousin9999:
Not everyone can be a "good" cook, but every adult should be able to cook decent, and make a few things well. Gender is irrelevant. Every adult should know how to cook. Not cooking is like not knowing how to wipe your a**.

We are not saying which gender should be good at cooking okayyy

The woman must know how to cook especially if she wants to wifeable
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by Elsueno: 5:23pm On Jan 26, 2021
olasaad:
No it is not compulsory
it's a compulsory, at least if you can't cook for ur husband, do so for ur kids
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by bukatyne(f): 5:23pm On Jan 26, 2021
Good cooking is one of the hallmarks of good housekeeping.

12 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by RoRoo: 5:24pm On Jan 26, 2021
No.
You can be good elsewhere, the idea that women must be good in the kitchen only propagate the wrong Idea that they belong there. It also creates a situation where the man is okay not making food because he believes it is the job of the woman. Making food is an art and some people just don't have it.
Although, I believe every human(male or female) should possess the basic skill to make their own food. The food might not be tasteful but they should be able to whip up something so theu shouldn't starve even if they can afford to buy. Atleast sabi cook noodles.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jan 26, 2021
Sty1esLawyer:
Exactly! You can be good elsewhere like in the bedroom, at shopping, at wearing the latest wares and adorning in the latest makeup!!

You'll come back home at night and see the kids complaining that they can't eat mummy's food after mummy has forced them countless times and at the end of the day, there's mass wastage! Face it, a woman who can't cook well will only constitute wastage of resources in the home.

No mind that guy.. na to ban him sabi. Nothing else. A woman should be able to cook at least good food. She nor need be chef of the year. Imagine subscribing to noodles as a grown man... maybe eggs nor go dey sef cos the woman might not know what to do with the eggs talk more of meat or fish. I can'r be working hard and my kids be eating trash. In fact na from dating e dey start. Any girl that can't cook her native dishes (even if i don't know the names).. sorry oo take ur fine face and big yansh elsewhere!

3 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by Shokoloko(f): 5:24pm On Jan 26, 2021
DEMZEE:

I believe women's top priorities in marriage are giving their good husband quality sex, quality food and quality submission.

Even if a man knows how to cook it will never replace the feeling women get wen they cook for their husbands

Marriage isn't a democracy

Not entirely correct.
A woman's top priority in marriage is keeping her kids well taken care of, building a legacy for her kids and then the good husband comes. Most of the time they are tired and stressed so they are happy to deliver AVERAGE sex, food and submission.

From a woman, there is no heavenly feeling you get when you cook for your husband. if cooking is a hobby, whether you cook for your husband or mother or kids you will get the heavenly feeling. If it is a chore for you, no matter who you cook for, you will never have a heavenly feeling.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 26, 2021
Both males and females should know how to cook. Just like they should know how to clean up their environment.

But it isn't compulsory for a female to be a good cook. She should just know how to cook healthy foods for herself and her kids if she decides to have one. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by veave(f): 5:26pm On Jan 26, 2021
slimman007:

Madam erase this mentality from your head before you settle down for you not to have have issues with your husband in future.lf you don't know how to prepare good meal there is no shame in voicing out and be ready to learn.There are lots of information on how good foods are prepared on internet which can be of great benefit to you....so go and learn how to cook and stop the excuse

Lool. You're the only one I'm going to reply on this issue.

1. I'm married. 2. I can cook very well. 3. The only thing stopping me from getting a cook is because i can't afford it yet. 4. Marriage is not a do or die affair so if a man chooses not to eat because his 'wife's wasn't the person that prepared the meal hence wanting a divorce, he can as well go his way. 5. Life is too short to put yourself under endless stress when there's an alternative.

Thank you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jan 26, 2021
bukatyne:
Good cooking is one of the hallmark of good housekeeping.

Na once u dey know who grow for better home.. E nor dey hide... God bless u. Una nor plenty again

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by Shokoloko(f): 5:27pm On Jan 26, 2021
membranus:

Then get yourself sent out of your matrimonial home by the good cook.

What if she and her spouse own the home? How does she get sent out?
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by LutanFyah: 5:28pm On Jan 26, 2021
Mynd44:
No.

Is it compulsory for a man to know how to make money and provide for his family?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by lucky4west: 5:28pm On Jan 26, 2021
yes...a woman should be a good cook...there is a limit to what others can do for you...even if u want house help u must and should cook once in a while...even me as a guy i'm a good cook not to talk of a lady...especially we Africans we enjoy family life/time a lot and nothing like home made meals...for me when i get to admire my woman most and gist/review the days activities is when she is cooking in the kitchen...some times i come grabbing from behind....hugging ummm ummmh...so u see without the kitchen that aspect of our romance will not be there

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by bunnae(f): 5:29pm On Jan 26, 2021
Nope, never. But it could be a plus if she could.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by Liposure: 5:30pm On Jan 26, 2021
She must know how to cook oh. I don't joke with my stomach
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by DEMZEE(m): 5:30pm On Jan 26, 2021
Shokoloko:

Not entirely correct.
A woman's top priority in marriage is keeping her kids well taken care of, building a legacy for her kids and then the good husband comes. Most of the time they are tired and stressed so they are happy to deliver AVERAGE sex, food and submission.

From a woman, there is no heavenly feeling you get when you cook for your husband. if cooking is a hobby, whether you cook for your husband or mother or kids you will get the heavenly feeling. If it is a chore for you, no matter who you cook for, you will never have a heavenly feeling.

This is from a woman who is career driven. A woman who prioritizes career over family. So u won't understand what I typed.

Women who prioritize family over career don't have any issue giving their husbands regular quality sex, quality meals and quality submission

I don't like career ladies at all because they will rather slave for their boss,who are mostly male than play their needed roles in the household.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by theFilmtric: 5:31pm On Jan 26, 2021
Wunna:
98.07% of afonja women cook trash but they got husbands and are enjoying life
So it ain't compulsory
However, it's compulsory for a woman to be good in bed. So her man won't be snatched by a trash cook but a biitch in bed
lie

must you be tribalistic in everything?
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12961679_12822921screenshot20201211151521jpegd954aebb8edfb61ed8eb3efce978b922_jpeg_jpegde2dff8bc554f6f12a49ea5e05e1d306

theFilmtricsay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by Tajbol4splend(m): 5:31pm On Jan 26, 2021
bjprodint:
your sisters and cousins are our heads.

Don't be mean
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by DEMZEE(m): 5:34pm On Jan 26, 2021
veave:

Lool. You're the only one I'm going to reply on this issue.

1. I'm married. 2. I can cook very well. 3. The only thing stopping me from getting a cook is because i can't afford it yet. 4. Marriage is not a do or die affair so if a man chooses not to eat because his 'wife's wasn't the person that prepared the meal hence wanting a divorce, he can as well go his way. 5. Life is too short to put yourself under endless stress when there's an alternative.

Thank you.

Ordinary to cook for ur husband is wahala but to slave under ur boss which fortunately most are males is EMPOWERMENT SMH!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by Shokoloko(f): 5:35pm On Jan 26, 2021
DEMZEE:

This is from a woman who is career driven. A woman who prioritizes career over family. So u won't understand what I typed.

Women who prioritize family over career don't have any issue giving their husbands regular quality sex, quality meals and quality submission

I don't like career ladies at all because they will rather slave for their boss,who are mostly male than play their needed roles in the household.

Your daughter might decide to be the next Dangote: you know what that means, it means she might be a career woman. So lets learn to like everyone

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by DEMZEE(m): 5:35pm On Jan 26, 2021
Shokoloko:

What if she and her spouse own the home? How does she get sent out?

Not in Nigeria tho
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by PreciousGurl(f): 5:36pm On Jan 26, 2021
No it's not compulsory...

You can hire a cook if you have the money...

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 26, 2021
Shokoloko:

Not entirely correct.

That's how you spread Femcentrism in Nigeria
These way of thinking has led to divorce and destructive of family units in western societies that are progressive
Many fatherless children of single mothers

How can you turn your wifely duties and responsibilities to an hubby , it shows you are not humble , these way of thinking makes men to sleep and date their maid's

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by subcbouy: 5:37pm On Jan 26, 2021
It isn't compulsory but mandatory for woman to know how to cook, else, husband will be eating outside and come for only...if you know.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by veave(f): 5:37pm On Jan 26, 2021
DEMZEE:

Ordinary to cook for ur husband is wahala but to slave under ur boss which fortunately most are males is EMPOWERMENT SMH!!!!

You're trying to use your life's situation on me. I'm not the root of your aggression. If youre a slave to your boss kindly resign. Don't assume I'm suffering the same predicament as you are. Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by angelfallz(m): 5:37pm On Jan 26, 2021
yes
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jan 26, 2021
Humans both old and young eat. Infact nutrition is a very serious business as it can determine your life span as a human. Yet Africans put the responsibility on just a woman alone as if hunger is a respecter of gender undecided.

All this "na man" mentality is the reason why most men have no basic survival skills. They can't even take care of themselves alone.You are human first before male for crying out loud, it's your duty to take good care of yourself and your stomach before anyone else does it for you.

In conclusion; both men and women should know how to take care of their stomachs.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jan 26, 2021
PreciousGurl:
No it's not compulsory...

You can hire a cook if you have the money...

Then why you his wife
What home training did you now receive
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by abbey621(m): 5:38pm On Jan 26, 2021
In life one must choose his or her battles wisely! You don't have to be a good cook but a decent one, it has less to do with the food and more to do with your upbringing. A mother's role is very essential, if your mom never taught you how to cook, how do you plan on teaching your kids? If she never bothered teaching you how to cook, one wonders what else she forgot to teach you?

Now we have exceptions such as those filthy rich, those men who just don't care and the ones wey dey wash pant, for these type of men, a woman that knows how to cook is not needed. So in this life, I repeat choose your battle/partner wisely!

3 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? by DEMZEE(m): 5:39pm On Jan 26, 2021
Shokoloko:

Your daughter might decide to be the next Dangote: you know what that means, it means she might be a career woman. So lets learn to like everyone

God forbid I reject it

b the next dangote at Wat cost, end up marrying late if at all she gets married or she will b a single mother because all she will be attracting is beta males and simps, or she might even get married old and end up childless

Women are not built for big business and politics ma'am

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

72 Years Old Man Seeks Dissolution Of His 44 Years Old Marriage / Happy Birthday To My Darling Son / Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.