Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,234 members, 7,860,498 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:45 AM

Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS (19934 Views)

Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Consider Igbo Too, Yoruba Elders Tell Buhari / Picture Of A Girl Feeding President Buhari Goes Viral / "I Am In Difficult Situation Over Appointment" - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:04pm On Jan 28, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
He's got the mindset of a fulani herdsman.

To him, everything is by force by fire and no regard for rule of law and due process.

I'm ashamed to call him my president .

Funny thing is, there's no protest coming from the rubber-stamp national assembly! If the media hadn't taken up this issue, the useless gov't and national assembly would just carry on as normal....probably it wouldn't even register with them that somethin is wrong!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by seborrhic: 12:05pm On Jan 28, 2021
Absolutely the worst president Nigeria would ever have.
He is the worst PRESIDENT,not the worst HEAD OF GOVERNMENT,Nigeria would ever have because he also has that distinguished honour of also being the worst Head of any Form of government Nigeria has ever had, having been a former head of state.

1 Like

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by Jagznation(m): 12:05pm On Jan 28, 2021
keyamo should bow his head in shame
Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by BananaPeel(m): 12:08pm On Jan 28, 2021
helinues:
undecided

Why wasting time in obtaining confirmation from Senate when they are rubber stamp?

Or would Senate reject any of the appointees....??
I tire for the man called Buhari. Just call your rubber-stamp Senators and tell them to confirm the appointment of the Service Chiefs. Simple!
Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by RoyalUc(m): 12:09pm On Jan 28, 2021
Racoon:
Buhari did well by changing the service chiefs but must he always violate the constitution.

He didn't or hasn't actually violate the constitution.
Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by adonainana: 12:11pm On Jan 28, 2021
stchinedu:

So you mean that the high Court Judge is immune to error?

Most judges are lawyers who have not only pratixsed law but interpreted statutes and legislations all their life

If he had made an error only a court above him can correct him by overruling him or upholding him

The issue in question is very simple he president needs his service chiefs to be confirmed by the senate shikena
Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 28, 2021
I am surprise that people still believe Nigeria is a Democracy under Buhari. Nepotism can not be found in Democracy. You wanted Buhari and not democracy.

You can never mention Buhari and democracy in one sentence. It is idiotic to be that ignorant.

1 Like

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by PrinceOfLagos: 12:14pm On Jan 28, 2021
Nonexistent2:
Mayoroflagos, it's like your brain has been reformatted to default. Well since your zombie Igbo wife repented, I knew you would, in a matter of time.

Baba wetin I do na
Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by seborrhic: 12:16pm On Jan 28, 2021
olasaad:
They have even become oblivious because no one care about them anymore
You only have to watch assemblies of other countries,how they bring up issues,debate it,their level of input,even if average, to understand why no one even bothers about their existence any longer.
All these ones know is how much can they siphon out of the system,nothing else.
I actually forgot Nigeria has senators and assembly members till I read this report.

1 Like

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by ubimagos: 12:20pm On Jan 28, 2021
Each time they talked about "RUBBER STAMPED" it got me wondering as if there was ever a time in the history of my beloved country were the National Assembly was warring with the Executive. It has always been paddy, paddy government as rightly put by his blessed memory Fela.
Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by Charly68: 12:32pm On Jan 28, 2021
I beg leave Buhari alone..he has done the needful for now ,let's pray the changes work well for the good of the land
Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by stchinedu: 12:35pm On Jan 28, 2021
adonainana:

Most judges are lawyers who have not only pratixsed law but interpreted statutes and legislations all their life

If he had made an error only a court above him can correct him by overruling him or upholding him

The issue in question is very simple he president needs his service chiefs to be confirmed by the senate shikena

Your assertion about the judge is very correct and as you said, ONLY a court ABOVE him can overturn his ruling..

In the case of the president, he does not need the senate to confirm the appointments of service chiefs...HE IS THE COMMANDER IN CHIEF OF THE ARMED FORCES (the highest ranking office of the military)...ONLY a superior commander can overturn his decision according to military law and in this case, no 'commander' is superior to him as regards military appointments.
Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by Masterkernel1: 12:48pm On Jan 28, 2021
RoyalUc:

Go back and read what henius the person you quoted earlier said

You have issues with English comprehension.

His comments is against the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Why support actions against the constitution?
Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by Masterkernel1: 12:53pm On Jan 28, 2021
hmohammed:

I support this government with all my hearth and i am not paid a dime. I love Buhari

You aren't different from him, imagine spelling of "Heart", as hearth. Illiteracy runs in the blood.

Why won't you support a dead-brain? A man who was selected by Boko Haram to represent them during Jonathan's administration.

1 Like

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by Masterkernel1: 1:02pm On Jan 28, 2021
[quote author=Yusman316 post=98518580][/quote]

Wow! Yusman it takes some form of inducement to sell one's concise. How can you stand against the law, and still expect sane persons to stand by you?

This is not a function of hate or like, but standing on the law. What if another President emerges and decides to use his Child as VP and Wife as Senate President with disregard to the law of the land, what will you make of it?
Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by samwillyco1(m): 1:14pm On Jan 28, 2021
Why should he be wasting his time sending their names to them, since they never rejected anything given to them by him.
Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by berryPee(m): 1:21pm On Jan 28, 2021
Of what importance is having an old FB account is in terms of boosting my CV ?
temidayo123:
Good afternoon

I have very old Facebook accounts for sale
These accounts are very legit accounts with emails attached to them and also you send me your phone number to add it to the account.

List of accounts available

12yrs : 1 available
10yrs : 5 accounts are available
8yrs : 2 accounts available

2 Foreign accounts available with all the details available (including pictures and videos)

Send a WhatsApp message to this number if you need one

+44 74 48 762 264
Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by Johnseli(m): 2:01pm On Jan 28, 2021
iwaeda:

https://punchng.com/service-chiefs-appointment-buhari-goes-against-judgment-bypasses-national-assembly/

As far as I'm concern, the national assembly is just a toothless bulldog. In fact, in their csse, they can not even bark talk of more biting. Mofos
Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by masseratti: 2:10pm On Jan 28, 2021
stchinedu:

So you mean that the high Court Judge is immune to error?
appeal his error or just abide to his judgment for now.. Simple.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by zoedew: 2:12pm On Jan 28, 2021
Quite obvious that Buhari has scant regard for the Judiciary! His people are making excuses for him such as ..... the appointment is inchoate until the National Assembly meets confirm them! What is not legal is illegal. There is no halfway house in the matter!! The National Assembly is a terrible let down!! What is there to confirm! Even the restructuring matter fits and sits squarely on their laps but they can't see that!

1 Like

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by bejeria101(m): 2:22pm On Jan 28, 2021
We say he's a dullard una go dey vex.

This isn't a military era that you do things Anyhow. But do we know.

Awon dullard and zombie werey
Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by YakubuA: 2:25pm On Jan 28, 2021
iwaeda:

Recall that Justice Bello while delivering a judgment on a suit filed by Mr Festus Keyamo, SAN, who is now the Minister of State for Labour and Employment, declared that the appointment of then service chiefs by former President Goodluck Jonathan was null and void.

The service chiefs affected then included the Chief of Army Staff, Lt-General Azubuike Ihejirika; the Chief of Air Staff, Air Vice Marshal Alex Badeh and the Chief of Naval Staff, Rear Admiral Ezeoba.

Justice Bello had stated, “It is clear that under Section 18(1) and (4) of the Armed Forces Act, the President in appointing such officers as the ‘service chiefs’ is expected to consult with the Chief of Defence Staff and the Forces Council but such appointment must be subject to the confirmation by the National Assembly.”

https://punchng.com/service-chiefs-appointment-buhari-goes-against-judgment-bypasses-national-assembly/

When the court declared the service chiefs appointment by the former President GEJ null and void did GEJ obey the court order? All of them (Ihejirika, Badeh and Ezeoba) served same positions during GEJ govt. So GEJ was the first to disobey the court order and the evidence is clear in the op's post.

1 Like

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 28, 2021
See the way the Law makers in the United States singlehandedly landed the gavel on Trump's head by impeaching him effortlessly! That is a country that works!

But this jungle called Nigeria is filled with lily-livered Sin-nators and House of Rape-presentatives members who are ethnically biased to do same to Buhari! Buhari knows this so will wake up one morning and do anything he wants without fear!

1 Like

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by Greatkenny2: 3:23pm On Jan 28, 2021
Chimaokigwe:

So, you are wiser than the Judge that ruled that they needed National Assembly confirmation?
they twist the constitution when it suits them... how pathetic!
Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by Dansuqi: 3:59pm On Jan 28, 2021
zoedew:
Quite obvious that Buhari has scant regard for the Judiciary! His people are making excuses for him such as ..... the appointment is inchoate until the National Assembly meets confirm them! What is not legal is illegal. There is no halfway house in the matter!! The National Assembly is a terrible let down!! What is there to confirm! Even the restructuring matter fits and sits squarely on their laps but they can't see that!

Sir,you disappoint me.that judgment is clear judicial rascality.the clearest part of the constitution is the part dealing with appointment. If the constitution wanted nass confirmation, it would have said so.you can see how ministers,ambassadors, cjns are sent to the senate for confirmation.this is not the case with service chiefs sir.no court judgment can override the provisions of the constitution except maybe the supreme court.buhari is right here
Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by apatheticme(f): 4:30pm On Jan 28, 2021
Esseite:
Its called see-finish... The 9th senate is just a waste of time and space.

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by sonogo(m): 5:18pm On Jan 28, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
He's got the mindset of a fulani herdsman.

To him, everything is by force by fire and no regard for rule of law and due process.

I'm ashamed to call him my president .
Bros no vex, buharii as a person no understand a thing.
Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by ezra1990: 5:22pm On Jan 28, 2021
Esseite:
Its called see-finish... The 9th senate is just a waste of time and space.
...you forgot to add "resources " that's the most painful part
Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by adonainana: 5:37pm On Jan 28, 2021
stchinedu:

Your assertion about the judge is very correct and as you said, ONLY a court ABOVE him can overturn his ruling..

In the case of the president, he does not need the senate to confirm the appointments of service chiefs...HE IS THE COMMANDER IN CHIEF OF THE ARMED FORCES (the highest ranking office of the military)...ONLY a superior commander can overturn his decision according to military law and in this case, no 'commander' is superior to him as regards military appointments.

Some of you people are funny, maybe you think this is idi amin of Uganda regime or something .

We are talking about section 284 of of the constitution which says a president whether he thinks he is the commander of Arendt forces or the supreme commander or infinite commander ooo, he must nominate his service chiefs to the National Assembly to be picked.

It is a matter of law, even he Militsry you are crying about, the same constitution says “ here must be an army “ so you get the gist

The constitution is supreme and above the highest Militery and civilian officer.

One more burble buster, all citizens of the state are equal before the laws of the land, there is no highest ranking millitsry officer who has the power to arbitrary appoint any officers of the same law within the federation
Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by thesoulquarian: 6:02pm On Jan 28, 2021
Walahi, they don't mind as long as it doesn't affect their salaries & allowances. Fucking rubbersatmps!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rivers LG Chairmen Declares Support For APC Impeachment Call / Aregbesola Commissions New Yam Market In Osun / I Will Support My Husband To Succeed – Aisha Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.