Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,329 members, 7,860,810 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:41 PM

Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS (19938 Views)

Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Consider Igbo Too, Yoruba Elders Tell Buhari / Picture Of A Girl Feeding President Buhari Goes Viral / "I Am In Difficult Situation Over Appointment" - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by Rebuke: 11:28am On Jan 28, 2021
Smh
Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by Chimaokigwe: 11:28am On Jan 28, 2021
bigtt76:
Appointment of service chiefs is a discretionary and doesn't require the assent of National Assembly. The president is commander in chief of the Armed Forces and can appoint his representatives in the various arms of the military.

So, you are wiser than the Judge that ruled that they needed National Assembly confirmation?

3 Likes

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by Whitecoal711: 11:28am On Jan 28, 2021
Dictatorship,he doesn't listen to the order tiers of government not talk of citizens,ro(u)bber stamp legislathieves ,got serve what they cooked

2 Likes

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by IamAtikulate: 11:29am On Jan 28, 2021
bigtt76:
Appointment of service chiefs is a discretionary and doesn't require the assent of National Assembly. The president is commander in chief of the Armed Forces and can appoint his representatives in the various arms of the military.
You are one of the problems of this country, zone b.

I shame for you.

2 Likes

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by chloride6: 11:29am On Jan 28, 2021
PDP should take the Service Chiefs and Buhari to stop them from parading themselves as service chiefs
Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by Nobody: 11:30am On Jan 28, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
He's got the mindset of a fulani herdsman.

To him, everything is by force by fire and no regard for rule of law and due process.

I'm ashamed to call him my president .
Mayoroflagos, it's like your brain has been reformatted to default. Well since your zombie Igbo wife repented, I knew you would, in a matter of time.
Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by helicoptarr: 11:31am On Jan 28, 2021
Rubber stamp National Assembly.

Your role is now needless by the Executive because you've eaten the forbidden fruit.
Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by Golan007: 11:32am On Jan 28, 2021
The service chiefs affected then included the Chief of Army Staff, Lt-General Azubuike Ihejirika; the Chief of Air Staff, Air Vice Marshal Alex Badeh and the Chief of Naval Staff, Rear Admiral Ezeoba.

Jonathan shocked shocked
Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by olmoRoc: 11:33am On Jan 28, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

To him, everything is by force by fire and no regard for rule of law and due process.

He's actually a Fulani herdsman.
Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by Spidermon: 11:33am On Jan 28, 2021
Nigerian system of governance and constitution needs a comprehensive review.

It doesn't seem like the Senate and House of Reps are really important in the running of things.

I think a regional or state House of reps is enough legislature. Or we scrap the state ones.

Buhari is showing us how weak our National institutions are...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by Okortor: 11:35am On Jan 28, 2021
Na today? Lawless country.
Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by MadamExcellency: 11:36am On Jan 28, 2021
bigtt76:

Who interprets the constitution? The Judiciary.

Can you see how myopic you are?

There is no true democracy where the Executive undermines the Judiciary without a resounding response from the Legislators.

1 Like

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by Masterkernel1: 11:39am On Jan 28, 2021
RoyalUc:

Some of you are just too blindfolded by hate and sentiments that you don't read and have an objective information before talking.

Objective is breaking the law, right? Semi-illitrates are the worst set of people.
Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by kudinkarfe: 11:41am On Jan 28, 2021
Why will he waste his previous time when he know that they are rubber stamp and Lawan is his boy. Bukola Saraki will laugh at this stupid senate.
Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by GamalNasser: 11:41am On Jan 28, 2021
helinues:
undecided

Why wasting time in obtaining confirmation from Senate when they are rubber stamp?

Or would Senate reject any of the appointees....??

You are losing it seriously
Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by GamalNasser: 11:43am On Jan 28, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

Haba Mayor shocked shocked
Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by PHijo(m): 11:46am On Jan 28, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

He is a Fulani herder, he never changed one bit.
Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by Nobody: 11:47am On Jan 28, 2021
undecidedmore and more of the same same undecidedmore and more of the same same
Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by tiswell(m): 11:49am On Jan 28, 2021
bigtt76:
you are very very ignorant of the law,pls hide your face and save the little doubts we might have on your assertion.
Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by Brushstrokes20: 11:52am On Jan 28, 2021
Hallmark of the redundant coupist!

1 Like

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by Yusman316(m): 11:53am On Jan 28, 2021
[quote author=Masterkernel1 post=98515588]

You're deleterious and baneful. How can a sane person defend, breaking the law? It takes only a deranged fellow to be happy with such developments.

I wouldn't know how much you're paid to support evil on the daily, how do you sleep defending demons, yet you pray. Even in cult following brains aren't lost. [/qu
"I wouldn't know". So why assumed he is been paid? Right or wrong can't someone have a contrary opinion from yours without been paid? They way some of u just hanged on to this payment thing is seriously irritating
Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by hybridblood07(m): 11:53am On Jan 28, 2021
I think the senate should be aware of the nominated people before appointing the service chiefs.
bigtt76:
Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by hmohammed(m): 11:54am On Jan 28, 2021
Masterkernel1:

You're deleterious and baneful. How can a sane person defend, breaking the law? It takes only a deranged fellow to be happy with such developments.

I wouldn't know how much you're paid to support evil on the daily, how do you sleep defending demons, yet you pray. Even in cult following brains aren't lost.

I support this government with all my hearth and i am not paid a dime. I love Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by Never4getU: 12:00pm On Jan 28, 2021
It was a collective mistake to have gone to the poll to vote a demented slowpoke as the president over sound minds Nigerians.

A mistake worst for a memory!

PrinceOfLagos:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by masseratti: 12:00pm On Jan 28, 2021
bigtt76:
so you more learned than the high Court Judge right?
Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by PrincewithGod(m): 12:01pm On Jan 28, 2021
Masterkernel1:

I wouldn't know how much you're paid to support evil on the daily, how do you sleep defending demons, yet you pray. Even in cult following brains aren't lost.
He is just being sarcastic.
Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by stchinedu: 12:01pm On Jan 28, 2021
I still love my baba...

We just love triviality in this country.

The appointment does not require the approval of NASS..[b]. He is the commander in chief of the armed force[/b]s and by that power, he decides who becomes what and what.

The National assembly members should go and learn about their duties and stop over stepping boundaries.

Long live baba
Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by stchinedu: 12:03pm On Jan 28, 2021
masseratti:
so you more learned than the high Court Judge right?

So you mean that the high Court Judge is immune to error?

2 Likes

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by adonainana: 12:03pm On Jan 28, 2021
Someone removed a whole Chief Justice without recourse to the law nothing happened

He was invited by the senate for questioning he refused to go and nothing happened and even the senate apologised for daring to stress him

Now he has sacked his service chiefs and you are wiaiting for him to come and confirm them with you, it can’t work now

Assuming you tried to impeach him when he illegally removed the cjn when he refused your summon then he would do the needful this time but since you didn’t, no need to complain now

Honestly if buhari is smart he can pass an executive order to allow him for a 3rd term, afteall he has the millitsry on his side, all he has to do is just intimidate the speaker of the senate small

And whoever dares go to protest of his 3rd term gets the Lekki tollgate treatment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by RoyalUc(m): 12:04pm On Jan 28, 2021
Masterkernel1:

Objective is breaking the law, right? Semi-illitrates are the worst set of people.

Go back and read what henius the person you quoted earlier said

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unemployed-Graduate Stabs Self To Death In Lagos / Pictures Of All Remodelled Airports Across The Country / Magu & Femi Falana At Anti-Corruption Conference In UK (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.