Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,965 members, 7,848,913 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:54 AM

Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS (19926 Views)

Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Consider Igbo Too, Yoruba Elders Tell Buhari / Picture Of A Girl Feeding President Buhari Goes Viral / "I Am In Difficult Situation Over Appointment" - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by Poloyanabo2(m): 6:05pm On Jan 28, 2021
bigtt76:
Appointment of service chiefs is a discretionary and doesn't require the assent of National Assembly. The president is commander in chief of the Armed Forces and can appoint his representatives in the various arms of the military.

Updated
All you ranting in my mention on this ought to realize that the 1999 constitution is highly flawed. Requiring the president to present to Senate nominees for the position of Service Chiefs is highly flawed. The Senate have little knowledge as to why and how the Service Chiefs are appointed. For example, what happens if the Senate rejects the Service Chiefs' nominated? What would be their reason for rejecting them and or how would they propose replacements? These are salient areas the Senate cannot working on.

You don't have to rain insults to make your comment if you're intelligent and want to enage in intelligent discourse. kiss
I came late but, you deserve something great from me,
Like what rubbish?, why would the commander in chief of the Armed forces still seek permission from the Senate in the appointment of service chiefs?
Its just like asking the chief of Army staff to take permission from the CDS before redeploying his officers, and that's arrant nonsense.
I hate buhari but it's high time this people put a little respect on that Presidency seat,
It seems many of this politicians are mentally unstable.
We shouldn't support nonsense because we all hate the victim, because it might get to our turn and when we speak against it then, it might be too late.

1 Like

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by Poloyanabo2(m): 6:11pm On Jan 28, 2021
adonainana:

Some of you people are funny, maybe you think this is idi amin of Uganda regime or something .

We are talking about section 284 of of the constitution which says a president whether he thinks he is the commander of Arendt forces or the supreme commander or infinite commander ooo, he must nominate his service chiefs to the National Assembly to be picked.

It is a matter of law, even he Militsry you are crying about, the same constitution says “ here must be an army “ so you get the gist

The constitution is supreme and above the highest Militery and civilian officer.

One more burble buster, all citizens of the state are equal before the laws of the land, there is no highest ranking millitsry officer who has the power to arbitrary appoint any officers of the same law within the federation

Oya go and sack them, bloody civilians trying to interfere in military matters,
So you really want those Generals to stand before your Senate eeh?
All of una need cane, Rubbish!
Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by Poloyanabo2(m): 6:16pm On Jan 28, 2021
Dansuqi:

Sir,you disappoint me.that judgment is clear judicial rascality.the clearest part of the constitution is the part dealing with appointment. If the constitution wanted nass confirmation, it would have said so.you can see how ministers,ambassadors, cjns are sent to the senate for confirmation.this is not the case with service chiefs sir.no court judgment can override the provisions of the constitution except maybe the supreme court.buhari is right here
I don't like buhari as a president, but I stand with him on this,
Any person that doesn't like the service chiefs appointment should go to Yankee and protest.
How can bloody civilian Senators ask a commander in chief to ask for their permission before he appoints his service chiefs?
They should have asked for inclusion in security meetings too.
Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by zoedew: 6:19pm On Jan 28, 2021
Dansuqi:

Sir,you disappoint me.that judgment is clear judicial rascality.the clearest part of the constitution is the part dealing with appointment. If the constitution wanted nass confirmation, it would have said so.you can see how ministers,ambassadors, cjns are sent to the senate for confirmation.this is not the case with service chiefs sir.no court judgment can override the provisions of the constitution except maybe the supreme court.buhari is right here

Fine if that’s how you see it. However, you do not disappoint me simply because you did see the issue differently.
Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by Deserea: 9:04pm On Jan 28, 2021
This is Bubu in 2015

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS by showafrica(m): 1:20am On Jan 29, 2021
helinues:
undecided

Why wasting time in obtaining confirmation from Senate when they are rubber stamp?

Or would Senate reject any of the appointees....??

My brother... Increase the volume. When they are busy collecting bribe up and down and still think they are relevant.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Supreme Court Sends Warning On Odili Homes Raid: "Enough Is Enough, We Can Bite" / Saraki Must Go – Senator Ali Ndume / Tinubu, Fashola & Sanwo-Olu At Ambode's Special Adviser's Thanksgiving Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.