Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,212 members, 7,818,721 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: (18805 Views)

Nigerian Man Honored In USA For Saving Kids' Lives / Ask A Somali / Dem Somali Girls! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by PhysicsMHD(m): 10:39pm On Apr 07, 2011
^^^^^

Why do the Somalilanders want to be separate from the Somalis?
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Nobody: 10:44pm On Apr 07, 2011
Somaliland:

No problem sister wink I was born there and lived there for a number of years but am currently in UK.

Yes its a great country it was liberated by Mujahidiids, called SNM. They fought the entire country of Somalia and the entire army. It was a war for 3000 men with poor weapons and no tanks and aircrafs against a superior army of over 30,000 with tanks, soviet and american weapons as well as huge aircrafts.

Thank god we took over one town Burco stole there weapons and used it against them. Then fought in the mountains and took over all of North-east Somalia and renamed it Somaliland after the former protectorate British Somaliland(before 1960 we had no history with Somalia). Yes now we are a country independent have nothing to do with somalia.

But we are not internationally recognised. Yet we still strive work hard, have a democratic government shock in Africa. A bank our own money, everything. You name it we got it sister. Its very very interesting our story.

This reminds me of Biafraland (Google it), may Biafra's own dream come true in the following years. . . .or month by God's grace.

Freedom is some sort of sweetness that has no "close to perfect" substitution .
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by InkedNerd(f): 10:46pm On Apr 07, 2011
Somaliland:

No problem sister  wink I was born there and lived there for a number of years but am currently in UK.

Yes its a great country it was liberated by Mujahidiids, called SNM. They fought the entire country of Somalia and the entire army. It was a war for 3000 men with poor weapons and no tanks and aircrafs against a superior army of over 30,000 with tanks, soviet and american weapons as well as huge aircrafts.

Thank god we took over one town Burco stole there weapons and used it against them. Then fought in the mountains and took over all of North-east Somalia and renamed it Somaliland after the former protectorate British Somaliland(before 1960 we had no history with Somalia). Yes now we are a country independent have nothing to do with somalia.

But we are not internationally recognised. Yet we still strive work hard, have a democratic government shock in Africa. A bank our own money, everything. You name it we got it sister. Its very very interesting our story.

Hmmm, I know a bit about the Mujahidiids. Its a shame that the country isn't internationally recognized. I'm gonna do more research on this cry

Thinking about all of this is reminding me of the conflicts in Somalia. I remember when I was about 2 or 3 and I'd see things on the news about the conflicts in the area.

How old were you when you left?

Ileke-IdI:

This reminds me of Biafraland (Google it), may Biafra's own dream come true in the following years. . . .or month by God's grace.

Freedom is some sort of sweetness that has no "close to perfect" substitution .

Yes, it does!! shocked

Thanks for pointing that out.
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Nobody: 10:47pm On Apr 07, 2011
Somaliland was in the N-East, Biafraland was in the S-East. Freaky.

Biafrans should try the whole revolution thing again.
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Somaliland(m): 11:02pm On Apr 07, 2011
I was 7 but I got back every 1-2 years. Yes please do research.

Even I find it unusual why we have not been internationally. Please spread the name sister, I'm sick and tired of us not being recognized even South sudan was with no borders and real government.

Remember though brother and sister Somalia was never just one country just like other african countries. Every tribe had a town and area, then every area had a emperior/leader who ruled that land. North somalia had one and South somalia had another. It was never 1 country. Then the british came and made Somaliland a Protectorate not a colony but a Protectorate and South Somalia had Italy.

Then we ousted them in 1960 and Somaliland was a country for 7 days then we decided for the first time in history to make a country and we did. But 1 corrupt, stupid, greedy president who only helped his clan and killed other clans ruined the country. A war with ETHIOPIA in 1977 that we won then he got greedy and almost invaded the whole country made Yemen, Cuba, Ethiopian army, Soviet union as well as others fight against somalia then we lost our original land. Destroyed the whole economy a war ensued for the oppressed people. North somalia won.

Now we are here.
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by InkedNerd(f): 11:06pm On Apr 07, 2011
Somaliland:

I was 7 but I got back every 1-2 years. Yes please do research.

Even I find it unusual why we have not been internationally. Please spread the name sister, I'm sick and tired of us not being recognized even South sudan was with no borders and real government.

Remember though brother and sister Somalia was never just one country just like other african countries. Every tribe had a town and area, then every area had a emperior/leader who ruled that land. North somalia had one and South somalia had another. It was never 1 country. Then the british came and made Somaliland a Protectorate not a colony but a Protectorate and South Somalia had Italy.

Then we ousted them in 1960 and Somaliland was a country for 7 days then we decided for the first time in history to make a country and we did. But 1 corrupt, silly, greedy president who only helped his clan and killed other clans ruined the country. A war with ETHIOPIA in 1977 that we won then he got greedy and almost invaded the whole country made Yemen, Cuba, Ethiopian army, Soviet union as well as others fight against somalia then we lost our original land. Destroyed the whole economy a war ensued for the oppressed people. North somalia won.

Now we are here.

I will indeed.

You seem to take great pride in your country. That's very good smiley

So when people ask you what your nationality is, how do you respond?
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by cold(m): 11:09pm On Apr 07, 2011
Somalilander,like Nairalander grin all in all i'm impressed,honestly grin
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Somaliland(m): 11:14pm On Apr 07, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

So when people ask you what your nationality is, how do you respond?

Thank you sister please do and try to find out things even I don't know  grin Your really nice thanks for the compliments.

Ok you asked me a very very difficult question. There is no correct answer, but if I am 100% honest Somali. I will always be somali my ancesters are somali all greater somalia(Please research this too, somaliland is not the only sufferer) Greater somalia is not only the Somalia of today. It includes: Ogaden a part of somalia that has always been part of Somalia but to weaken us the British made colonial borders and gave a HUGE HUGE chunk of somalia to Ethiopia then called it the ogaden region which is the name of 1 tribe of people who live there yes the majority but its not solely there land this smartly lead to others living in that area to say you fight Ethiopia for that land we have nothing to do with you. Thus causing tensions betweens tribes, very smart the british.

They also gave another section of somalia in 1886 to Kenya, called NFD again a solely somali area 100% somali but former somali land. And Djibouti former french somaliland used to be 100% somali but the french bastardised them and taught them French told them be with us, then throw about another tribe and brought in another Somali tribe to the area thus making them loyal to them very smart. Then to save there asses they brought a east african tribe non-somali one into the area as back up incase somalis come back and try to take the land back.

So taking into account my history and language which is called somali therefore I am Somali.

But if Somaliland becomes recognized then I am a Somalilander.
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by cold(m): 11:18pm On Apr 07, 2011
Information overload.So where's Puntland in all of this
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Somaliland(m): 11:22pm On Apr 07, 2011
Puntland is a B***h that acts like it is part of Somalia but really only cares about itself and its one tribe. It fights over parts of Somaliland borders, give smaller tribes in Somaliland weapons so they fight and ruin somaliland so they can take over the disputed land.

Basically Puntland was created to make Somaliland destabilized and like south Somalia always in war.
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by InkedNerd(f): 11:26pm On Apr 07, 2011
cold:

Information overload.So where's Puntland in all of this

lol, I like all the information his providing. It's really is interesting. I actually feel like I'm learning something. A lot of the things I know about world history were things I had to seek out on my own because the school system here either never taught it or watered it down. Had I not asked him the questions that I did, I probably wouldn't have know about Somaliland.

Somaliland:

Thank you sister please do and try to find out things even I don't know  grin Your really nice thanks for the compliments.

Ok you asked me a very very difficult question. There is no correct answer, but if I am 100% honest Somali. I will always be somali my ancesters are somali all greater somalia(Please research this too, somaliland is not the only sufferer) Greater somalia is not only the Somalia of today. It includes: Ogaden a part of somalia that has always been part of Somalia but to weaken us the British made colonial borders and gave a HUGE HUGE chunk of somalia to Ethiopia then called it the ogaden region which is the name of 1 tribe of people who live there yes the majority but its not solely there land this smartly lead to others living in that area to say you fight Ethiopia for that land we have nothing to do with you. Thus causing tensions betweens tribes, very smart the british.

They also gave another section of somalia in 1886 to Kenya, called NFD again a solely somali area 100% somali but former somali land. And Djibouti former french somaliland used to be 100% somali but the french bastardised them and taught them French told them be with us, then throw about another tribe and brought in another Somali tribe to the area thus making them loyal to them very smart. Then to save there asses they brought a east african tribe non-somali one into the area as back up incase somalis come back and try to take the land back.

So taking into account my history and language which is called somali therefore I am Somali.

But if Somaliland becomes recognized then I am a Somalilander.

Honstly, you have really opened my eyes to a lot of things today. Have you thought about starting a Facebook page for pro Somaliland recognition? There are many pro this and that groups on Facebook--you could use that as a means of spreading the word. That way you can reach a greater audience.

Somaliland:

Puntland is a B***h that acts like it is part of Somalia but really only cares about itself and its one tribe. It fights over parts of Somaliland borders, give smaller tribes in Somaliland weapons so they fight and ruin somaliland so they can take over the disputed land.

Basically Puntland was created to make Somaliland destabilized and like south Somalia always in war.

cry cry cry
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Somaliland(m): 11:42pm On Apr 07, 2011
Thank you sis. It was worth telling the story even if you are the only person interested in it, thats all worth it.

Facebook I don't have it.

Also Puntland have sort of achieved that goal anyway. This year for the first time in 20 years Peaceful Somaliland that has avoided any clan fighting, had its first one because of Puntland but luckily it ended with a ceasefire but its a catch 22 situation we may have lost that land but we still have out army base there but we sort of need that land for recognition.

Of you want to talk more about somaliland, I could email you I have gmail for more info and questions you may have.

I would be pleased to tell you.
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by InkedNerd(f): 11:49pm On Apr 07, 2011
Somaliland:

Thank you sis. It was worth telling the story even if you are the only person interested in it, thats all worth it.

Facebook I don't have it.

Also Puntland have sort of achieved that goal anyway. This year for the first time in 20 years Peaceful Somaliland that has avoided any clan fighting, had its first one because of Puntland but luckily it ended with a ceasefire but its a catch 22 situation we may have lost that land but we still have out army base there but we sort of need that land for recognition.

Of you want to talk more about somaliland, I could email you I have gmail for more info and questions you may have.

I would be pleased to tell you.

Yes, I have more questions and yes, you can e-mail it to me some more info. Sorry but I don't usually post my e-mail address for privacy purposes embarassed
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Somaliland(m): 11:50pm On Apr 07, 2011
Of course I meant if you want I can message it to you ok will do sis. Does this website have a private message or PM service for members?
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by InkedNerd(f): 11:54pm On Apr 07, 2011
No, it doesn't. If it did, member would only be messaging each other instead of actually using the threads.
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Somaliland(m): 12:00am On Apr 08, 2011
Oh I see quite smart idea.
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by InkedNerd(f): 12:03am On Apr 08, 2011
Ok, you can delete it now wink
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Somaliland(m): 12:06am On Apr 08, 2011
Ok
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by african1(f): 1:10am On Apr 08, 2011
@Somaliland : Please don't emberess your self. We are all Somalis, you are separating your self from others based on tribe. Now how is that a good thing? My mother is from the so called somali land while my father is from Mogadishu, and they are practically the same. The look the same, the speak the same, the even have the same dialect, you know why it is because we are all somalis. And no matter how hard you try to run away, it aint gonna work. I honestly don't want to sound mean or rude because your my Muslim brother or sister, but please stop what ever your doing. Somali land is the land of all Somalis, hence somali wayn. We are all the same, the only difference is that we are of different tribes. You don't see igbos saparating their selves from other Nigerian tribes. Oh sorry to nairaland, I realize this is not Somali polics, but I had something to say. salaam calaykum
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Somaliland(m): 1:15am On Apr 08, 2011
Somaliweyne is dead sxb. Koonfur politics is full of failure, please don't pull us down with you. We were never together before the union of 1960 and that was the biggest mistake we ever made. 40% or more were against the union and they were all right.

You know the famous saying sxb "Fool me one shame on you, fool me twice shame on me". So sxb we can't make that mistake again you will always be our brothers but we want nothing to do with Somalia. Even if we NEVER get isticraaf we will always be Independent.
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by african1(f): 1:37am On Apr 08, 2011
Lol If you want to be like that, Somali land will never be independent. Mark my words, I am not a hater, and I want the best for all of my Somali friends, but you have to be reasonable. You do realize that if Somali wayn is dead, then somali land is dead. Wat upets me is that they call it somali land. If your gonna be your own country, then please drop the somali name, because technically somali land, is the land of somalis. Somalis don't like each other man, that is why we are scattered all over the world. You are a tribalist, and you can't see anything else. You are very narrow minded. I wish the best for all somalis. I don't act like am better than them because of my tribe. I hope you see where I am going with this walaal.
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by african1(f): 1:41am On Apr 08, 2011
Somaliland:

Somaliweyne is dead sxb. Koonfur politics is full of failure, please don't pull us down with you. We were never together before the union of 1960 and that was the biggest mistake we ever made. 40% or more were against the union and they were all right.

You know the famous saying sxb "Fool me one shame on me, fool me twice shame on me". So sxb we can't make that mistake again you will always be our brothers but we want nothing to do with Somalia. Even if we NEVER get isticraaf we will always be Independent.
Actually it is "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me". But I get the point.
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Somaliland(m): 1:44am On Apr 08, 2011
British  Somaliland created in 1880 also Italian Somaliland and French Somaliland. We are not copying the name, it is a former name of ours. Also we are Somali and its our land, we are not like Djibouti why should we change our name. The name Somaliland fits us perfertly and is our former name I just wish we never made a union in 1960.

I am not a tribalist sxb, don't put words in my mouth laakiin yes I hate a certain man in Somali history and you know where I am going with this but no I don't hate his qabil. This not not about qabil we are passed that sxb, and your next point will be obvious. But no we don't want to have every subclan having its own "State" like in Koonfur walaal.
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by african1(f): 1:58am On Apr 08, 2011
Lol Your kind of funny, because most of this is nonsenes. I know you don't like Siyad barre, and yes he did awful things to inncocent people, but dude let it go. How many awful things happened in the past? Bottom line, Siyad barre was somali and so are you. Btw I dont know much about somalia cuz i was born in the states, but I visited Hargaysa with my mother couple years back, and it no different than Mogadishu. It is basically the same, I have family there, and people are always dying.
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Somaliland(m): 2:07am On Apr 08, 2011
In Xamar you can't leave your house and 200,000 people flee every year with bombs and gun shots going off for the past 20 years. Somalis run to puntland and are sent back even though "Puntland" are supposed to be part of SOmalia. Yet all these xamar refugees are allowed in Hargeisa, that shows how brotherly we are. We could say no get out only Somalilanders here, but no we allow all refugees in.

Siyaad barre no comment I won't speak of him as he is dead, but everyone knows what kind of a man he was. Somaliland is peaceful sxb, thats what koonfur somalis don't understand and try to destabilize us. We don't go looking for wars thats what seperates us. I do dua that all of greater Somalia and all somali people stop fighting, inshaAllah ameen.
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by african1(f): 2:40am On Apr 08, 2011
I don't know what you mean by konfur somali, for I am not fimiliar with it. But I do hope that you see Somalia as nation needs help and You pray to Allah we will be stable again. If you want "Somalia Land" to be its own country, good for you. We will just agree to disagree. I make dua for all somalis too, and Inshallah Allah will listen to us, and we will be peace with each other again.

Btw I don't like the word sxb, because that makes me feel like a boy, and you know girls hate it when you refer to them as a boy.
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Somaliland(m): 2:53am On Apr 08, 2011
I see another girl why do I keep thinking everyone is a guy. Sorry sister, ok I will call you walalo. Or as they say in koonfur(its means south somali xamar) Wagooyi is North somalia (Somaliland and Puntland to a certain degree geographically yes but not culturally) Ogaden is west somalia. And NFD is other along with Djibouti.

South somalia has a problem and that is every single person is involved in it. Kenya, Ethiopia, Eritrea, west, UN and america especially are all over it thats your biggest problem right there. If there was no outside influence you would have sorted out your problem a long time ago.

So abaayo macaanto as they say in your area, whereas we just say walalo and walaal lol.
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by african1(f): 3:07am On Apr 08, 2011
Somaliland:

I see another girl why do I keep thinking everyone is a guy. Sorry sister, ok I will call you walalo. Or as they say in koonfur(its means south somali xamar) Wagooyi is North somalia (Somaliland and Puntland to a certain degree geographically yes but not culturally) Ogaden is west somalia. And NFD is other along with Djibouti.

South somalia has a problem and that is every single person is involved in it. Kenya, Ethiopia, Eritrea, west, UN and america especially are all over it thats your biggest problem right there. If there was no outside influence you would have sorted out your problem a long time ago.

So abaayo macaanto as they say in your area, whereas we just say walalo and walaal lol. Thanks for the little lesson. Its cool walalo, I am from the US, and never lived in Somalia so, the only somali I know is the one my parents speak. it is funny my mother side of the family is issaq and from hargesa, and my dad's side is from Ogaden region of ethiopia, yet they both grew up in Mogadishu. And they speak the same. I actually don't like Abayo macaan, to tell you the truth it kind of freaks me out. I like walal better, which is I used it in the first place. (:
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by InkedNerd(f): 10:28am On Apr 08, 2011
Hmmm undecided
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by PhysicsMHD(m): 6:48pm On Apr 08, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

^^^^^

Why do the Somalilanders want to be separate from the Somalis?
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by nanidee(f): 8:37pm On Apr 08, 2011
funny funny thread, cheesy cheesy
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Somaliland(m): 1:01am On Apr 09, 2011
@PhysicsMHD, I have already answered that many times please scroll up.

We are already separated we are independent and don't rely on them or have anything to do with Somalia. We are just awaiting recognition.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How Is Light In Your Area? / Okorocha’s Aide Arrested For Stockpiling Arms / Baby Soup In China [must Read]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.