Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,620 members, 7,820,202 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? (15475 Views)

I Will Never Vote For Social Media Bill - Sen. Ben Bruce / A Lesson For Muhammadu Buhari - Salisu Buhari / Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by chamber2(m): 11:38am On Apr 05, 2011
Buhari supervised the smuggling of 53 suitcases filled with cash through the Murtala Mohammed International Airport against the protests of General Tunde Idiagbon
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by chamber2(m): 11:41am On Apr 05, 2011
Buhari supervised the smuggling of 53 suitcases filled with cash through the Murtala Mohammed International Airport against the protests of General Tunde Idiagbon

Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by nagoma(m): 11:45am On Apr 05, 2011
Thank you effisher

the problem of Nigeria is meaningful leadership headed by a selfless person who has Nigeria in mind and is not corrupt. Youthfulness has so far not solved any problems( El Rufa'i and the land deals, Fani Kayode and the aviation millions, Donald Duke and the rigging confessions etc), and remains a compounding factor among those who think if you are young then you are okay. Nobody can rule our country alone but we need and examplary person at the top who will ensure justice , fairplay and productivity, who will not steal from the tresury and will not allow others to do the same. So far Buhari has that reputation what ever the detrctors concoct and say.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Demdem(m): 11:53am On Apr 05, 2011
chamber2:

see the despot

such a handsome man
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by 10cirenoh: 12:02pm On Apr 05, 2011
X-factoria:

I know the problem of fools like you. I will not argue with you. I will just point you to the source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Bank_of_Nigeria

"The major regulatory objectives of the bank as stated in the CBN act of 1958 is to: issue legal tender, maintain the external reserves of the country, promote monetary stability and a sound financial environment, and to act as a banker of last resort and financial adviser to the federal government"

If you don't understand the functions of the CBN as regards the functions highlighted in bold, then you are not competent to disprove my claims. BUHARI IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT FEAT I INSIST.

I still maintain what i said because you're what you just called me, whats the job of the minister of finance? who handles the economic aspect of a country? the CBN governor or the finance minister?

you went ahead to quote wiki as if it's wiki that is handling the financial and economic aspect of Nigeria.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Demdem(m): 12:06pm On Apr 05, 2011
efisher:

While the constitution has set the limits, it is left for us to use our brains in working within those limits. If you are the CEO of a bank in Nigeria, will you appoint an old, almost retiring former bank manager of the 80's who doesnt know how to use a computer? Or someone who has no idea about current trends in the industry? Or someone who has been out of the banking world for 20 years? Especially when there are other more promising candidates around with more energy to spare.

You may not agree but this is my opinion and the opinion of many others as regards this topic: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari?

Thank God u agreed that there are no limits so 1) he has every right to go for that seat even if he is 150yrs and again its left for Nigerians to decide.

yes u may not want to hire such but in my own case, age wont be the first issue that will come to play here. i will consider competence and other factors. However the person in question may be a retired military officer but he is not has weak as we are trying to portray him. remember that this supposedly retired man has been transversing all over the country for months now and havent gone abroad for medical check up (remember late yaradua). he definately knows what to do and how to go about the problems associated with this country and he is the best so far among the miserable rest.

nagoma:

Thank you effisher

the problem of Nigeria is meaningful leadership headed by a selfless person who has Nigeria in mind and is not corrupt. Youthfulness has so far not solved any problems( El Rufa'i and the land deals, Fani Kayode and the aviation millions, Donald Duke and the rigging confessions etc), and remains a compounding factor among those who think if you are young then you are okay. Nobody can rule our country alone but we need and examplary person at the top who will ensure justice , fairplay and productivity, who will not steal from the tresury and will not allow others to do the same. So far Buhari has that reputation what ever the detrctors concoct and say.

God Bless u.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Apr 05, 2011
I will simply not vote for the Dictator Buhari because this man does not have the interest of the nation at heart but just to be seen to be the president.You only see him come out every 4 years to contest for election,and after loosing he goes back without speaking against or for anything.Never said anything  like other past leaders would do on national issues.All he wants is the presidency.No way,we dont want an expired medicine which can be dangerous to the health of this nation!!!
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by semilore4(f): 12:08pm On Apr 05, 2011
22 Reasons why Buhari can never rule Nigeriaby Asiwaju Jaiye' Wale-Balogun on Sunday, April 3, 2011
A good piece

> In my books, Buhari is a pretentious anti-corruption fighter. The trajectory of a man's journey in public life matters. For the follwoing reasons I can not vote for Buhari

> 1. He is an oligarch who does not believe in equality before the law. The way he jailed Lateef Jakande, Jim Nwobodo, Ambrose Ali, Pa Adekunle Ajasin, Chief Ayo Ojewumi on cases that had no foundation and allowed Awwal Ibrahim, the then Niger State governor, who was arrested in Heathrow Airport in London with 14 million pounds sterling and several millions of Niara and dollars to be under house arrest is my evidence. He also allowed Shehu Kangiwa, Sokoto State Governor who conducted and supervised the famous Bakolori Massacre of poor peasant farmers whose land were appropriated without compesation to remain under house arrest.

> 1(a) Ayo Ojewumi became blind as a result of his imprisonment over false charges and died shortly after.

> 1 (b) Prof. Ambrose Alli also became blind as a result of this false imprisonment. When he died, he had only one undeveloped plot of land to his name.

> 1© Pa Adekule Ajasin was never the same after his eventual release and remained sickly for the rest of his life. Whe he died, he never had any property anywhere in the world except the one he had built from his sweat as long term teacher and school principal in Owo township.

> 2. He put in place a retroactive law that killed three men, innocent men in my book, by public execution. He left untouched an alleged well-known drug baron in Ibrahim Babangida who later overthrew his government.

> 3. He jailed Nduka Irabor and Tunde Thompson of the Guardian on stories that were factually true under Decree 4. He had told the Nigerian journalists then that it did not matter whether the story reported was true or not.

> 4. He supervised the smuggling of 53 suitcases filled with cash througth the MMA against the protests of General Tunde Idiagbon and ironically, Abubakar Atiku (then Comptroller of Customs who later became the Vice President and a compromised politician himself). This smuggling of the suit cases were supervised by his ADC, Col. Mustapha Jokolo, now Emir of Gwandu.

> 5. He jailed Fela Anikulapo -Kuti on trumped up charges under emergency law which prompted the sentencing Judge to confess that he was ordered to do so and apologised to the late musician. It was Buhari's administration that said it has "decided to deal with this Fela problem once and for all."

> 6. He convinced all the northern political leaders against allowing the National Identity Card program because according to him, this would unravel the myth of Northern population majority

> 7. He is an Islamic fundamentalist, the Bin Laden of Nigeria, who told his northern followers never to vote for anyone who was not a muslim.

> 8. He is a coup plotter.

> 9. He has never been able to account to Nigerians what he did with the 20 billion Naira of the Petroleum Trust Fund of which he was the chairman under Sani Abacha.

> 9(a) He has not been able to point to any project that he prosecuted outside the Northern Nigeria with the so-caled Trust Fund.

> 10. He was in full support of all the atrocities of Sani Abacha against the Nigerian people. There is no single record of his criticism of Sani Abacha during those dark days when Nigeria was on the precipice. It shows that he is a patriot of convenience and as such unfit to lead the country.

> 11. Buhari, as part of his tribalistic practices placed President Shagari under house arrest inside a palatial mansion in Ikoyi, while he locked up Shagari's Vice, Alex Ekwueme in Kirikiri Prison. Shagari is Hausa/Fulani like him while Alex Ekwueme is an Igboman.

> 12. Ikemba Emeka Ojukwu, another Igboman who returned from 13years exile just a little over a year then was as well locked up in Kiri Kiri Prison by mean-hearted Buhari.Up till today we are not told what was Emeka's offence.

> 13. Busari Adelakun died of ulcer because Buhari refused him to be taken out of prison for immediate medical attention.The then Governor of Ogun State,Bisi Onabanjo suffered similar fate which we were told led to his untimely death.

> 14. Buhari ransacked the house of the late sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo and confisticated his International Passport. Which civilized democratic society would elect the likes of Buhari as President,the same individual who overthrew an elected President? Never!

> 15. Plus Buhari having Sam Mbakwe in jail, he went for one of Mbakwe's wives. He established himself again for what he was/is letting Mbakwe receive in jailhouse news of the death of another of Mbakwe's two wives. One (I can't remember his name now; Odenigbo?) also died in jail.

> 16. Buhari's henchman and sponsor, CPC governorship candidate for Kano State, is Mohammed Abacha, the same person that had/ran a personal killing squad, co ordinated the killing of Kudirat Abiola & attempted to kill Ibru; and also stashed money in underground tanks, all less than 13 years ago, Nigerians have very short selective memory. Shame!

> 17. Buhari discriminated against persons from other ethnic groups/faiths; and that as PTF Chairman, he employed an overwhelming number of Fulani/Hausa/Moslem people; to the detriment of other groups and concentrated PTF projects in the North. If in doubt read El Rufai's testimony where he wrote about Katsina boys who used the money they made at PTF to bankroll Yar'Adua's election as Katsina Governor in 1999.

> 18. Buhari is unforgiving! When he "took over" by coup in 1983, he even remembered an article written a very very long time ago by Bisi Onabanjo ('The Mallams are coming') and a later one in which Onabanjo wrote that people should watch out for that "gangly officer from the north" after Buhari gave a no holds barred speech at some Army function where he was reported to be very openly pro-Fulani and pro-Islam to the exclusion of all else and also talked about termination of democratic rule. For that, Onabanjo got one of the harshest jail terms and treatments.

> 19. Buhari's intolerance is worse than Obasanjo's. When he was adopted as the ANPP's candidate on the night of the party's Primaries (without prior warning to the other candidates) and a few of them protested, Buhari got up and made a speech that those people must be disciplined.He subsequently spoke on BBC's "hard talk" and he frightened his listeners and the interviewer with his archaic and fundamentalist intolerant views. His understanding and articulation is very much in doubt.

> 20. The evil genius, IBB and his crew similarly ran rings around Buhari. On the 10th anniversary of Abacha's demise, Buhari said that Abacha stole nothing from Nigeria! Despite millions of Dollars recovered from banks around the world and the Abacha family signing a formal agreement to return over $1 billion dollars, Buhari still said that Abacha's stealing remains an unproved allegation!!!! Why? Because Abacha set Buhari up like an emperor and let him use oil money from the Niger Delta to develop the North without supervision or questions.

> 21. Buhari snubbed the same Nigerians he now wants their votes by refusing to appear before Justice Oputa Truth and Reconciliation Panel, despite the fact that Buhari knew how inportant reconciliation is to the stability of democracy. Buhari has never apologised at anytime.

> 22. Buhari executed Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) and Bartholomew Owoh (26) for trafficking in drugs. To put it quite plainly, one of those three - Ogedengbe - was executed for a crime that did not carry a capital forfeit at the time it was committed. At the time Ogedengbe committed the crime it did not carry that punishment. If we must live as civilised citizens we must go by the rules. Article 11.2 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights reads: "No one shall be held guilty of any penal offence on account of any act or omission WHICH DID NOT CONSTITUTE A PENAL OFFENCE, under national or international law at the time it was committed. NOR SHALL A HEAVIER PUNISHMENT BE IMPOSED THAN THE ONE THAT WAS APPLICABLE AT THE TIME THE PENAL OFFENCE WAS COMMITTED. Killing people with retroactive laws is not the civilised thing to do - and for as long as we will have people who refuse to see the truth only because their heroes are itching to rule when they have not purged themselves we will continue to wallow in misery.

> If Nigerians reward dangerous, insensitive, dishonest, mean, cruel, partial, egoistic, religious fundamendalist, conscienceless human being like MOHAMMADU BUHARI with the Presidency of Nigeria with his kind of track record, then why do we still wonder why Nigeria has not and will not make it?

> I cannot in good conscience support Buhari's candidacy on the above grounds. I wish we have intelligent people who know what democracy means. I wish we have civilized minds. However, I am 100 percent sure that Buhari will never again rule Nigeria.

> For the good of Nigeria, vote any other candidate, but SAY NO TO BUHARI!
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by habayommy: 12:11pm On Apr 05, 2011
"The allegations of looting against Abacha are baseless. Ten years after Abacha, those allegations remain unproven because of lack of facts." buhari speaking on June 8, 2008, @ the 10 th anniversary of Abacha's death in kano.

why shud i vote for this maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan,  angry
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by medoski(m): 12:12pm On Apr 05, 2011
When i  was  in school, my room mate who  was a student of political science told  me  that  the  real meaning of politics  is  the  protection of  your  interest in a  wider scope of  interest. Now  to  our  present  argument:

As a  Northern Muslim, I think the problem is  not Buhari, the problem  is  buhari's tribe and  religion. when there  is  an  open contest in politics in  Nigeria any Northern  Muslim candidate will face the same problem , and  vice versa. I  think we should save  ourselves all these  analysis and  say 'I  wont vote  for  you because we  are different'. The southern voted for Yaradua  because  there  was a  working arrangement by the stakeholders that Yaradua  is  the candidate.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by bisiaet: 12:12pm On Apr 05, 2011
I will not and never vote for him because he is a

1.pretender religious extremist.

2.I dont see him a true democratic leader.

3.He has a very dangerous tendency of dictatorship and power sit up.

4.I can't vote for someone who has already be promised lots Goodies if he turn Nigeria to fully Islamic country and embraced Sharia. I said this sometime ago that let Buhari tell us what was the meeting he had in a wee hour with a representative of one of the world most religious demonic kngdom not too long ago? I repeat if he(Buhari) read this post he knows what am talking about he can not deny it.

5.I can't and never vote for a man and just one good day some a s s hole islamist will stand on my door and say accept my faith and live or reject my faith and die. because the man in power is their pretending master I will not and never vote for this man I will not use my own hand to buy death in the name of one religion.

6.He supported sharia so that makes him a mindless and rutheless leader who took pleasure in Limbs Mutilations, Stone to death at 2ist century, Hanging, Flogging and all sort of brutality so i'm sorry Buhari is not the kind of leader I dream for Nigeria at the moment we dont want No Somalia, Yemen lifestyle here in Nigeria in the name of cleaning up Nigeria, so i'm so sorry he does not deserve my vote I dont care what any of his follower says or think. BUT I know what am talking about, if he (Buhari) stand before me I will say it to his face without fear let him deny it.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by efisher(m): 12:13pm On Apr 05, 2011
His problem is more than the "figure" of his age. It is his ideology that cannot be changed anymore. Have you heard the parable "You cannot teach an old dog new tricks". Can he change in a rapidly changing world? How will he react when things start moving fast around him. That is why I used the world class CEOs as an example. Some of them are made to retire compulsorily at 60. Find out why. Sometimes the extremely good ones are left in the system but only as advisers. Buhari has a system of thinking that cannot be changed and we should not gamble the fate of the country on that. Let him come out with the key issues and then we will know he is thinking. Politics of sentiments and emotions is the old order and he doesn't know better than that.

On corruption, his "integrity" has nothing to do with how well he can fight corruption. In democracy, you fight corruption by putting control systems in place and encouraging a strong legal system. You cannot use a koboko in this age to "make" people to stop being corrupt. Little boys will use him to do shege! We need someone who will be smart enough to know the kinds of policies to implement in order to control corruption. He has not come out to tell us the kinds of structures he will put in place to achieve his goal. All he has said is "I will probe x and y" and I have a system that I will introduce. Is he the one that will judge the case? Is it not the same set of people we have today that will do the probes? How long will the probes take? Will he re-probe all that has been probed before? What ever new system he intends to introduce will need to go through the Parliament. His corruption agenda is extremely ambiguous and has no substance. It is hinged on one thing "When he was the head of state, he flogged people with koboko and put a lot of people (those who were against his government or ideology) in jail". Finito!
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by alexleo(m): 12:35pm On Apr 05, 2011
I will not vote for a man who was alleged to have urged muslims not to vote for a non muslims and he never denied the statement until a very long time after, when he joined politics and saw that the statement was having a negative effect on his political ambition he then started denying it and  re-arranging it at the same time. He is a religious bigot. I will not also vote for a man who abandoned the flock of God so to speak to join politics all in the name of bringing a change to his country. Did God send him on this mission or he wants to take advantage of the platform God provided him to minister to his sheep to do politics? I mean Bakare
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Apr 05, 2011
@efisher or whatever,u post like 20 post of rubbish,u will make urself ill trying to convince people to buy a bad product, goodluck in ur descent to madness,and try harder or else ur paymaster wont pay you
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by seguno2: 12:45pm On Apr 05, 2011
I cannot vote for a hypocrite - do as I say but not do as I do. Any leader worth his name should lead by example and that is not the case of retired General Muhamadu Buhari:

- who allowed the under-aged son of his deputy, Tunde Idiagbon to go to Mecca on government funds, taxpayers money when it was banned by his military dictatorship.
- his former ANPP party members are all corrupt and led by child abusers and sharia peddler Sanni Yerima, ex-governor of Katsina State. Yerima married an under aged Egyptian girl, daughter of his driver.
- the CPC is also filled with northern hausa/fulani corrupt oligarchs.
- who is DESPERATE to be president again after overthrowing a democratic government earlier. He left ANPP since he knew he could no longer win the primaries against a sharp, young and intelligent Shekarau. The hallmarks of someone who cannot accomodate better opposing views.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by beeman80: 12:57pm On Apr 05, 2011
Buhari chased the Medical doctors out of town on exile and killed the ones he caught.The doctors were fighting for their rights and clearly Buhari the dicatator did not want the Medical doctors to exercise their human rights.The likes of Prof Atoyebi (current Medilag Provost),Prof Oye and Doctor Beko of blessed memories amongst others had to run for their dear lives to far away UK on exile.I will never vote such a person.Besides why should anyone vote for a person that frustrated the efforts of Jakande to deploy a Metro to the south west? Buhari's selfish reason for undermining the effort was because he saw no reason why a part of the country should be developing faster than the others.Buhari is the wrong ticket.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Demdem(m): 1:08pm On Apr 05, 2011
efisher:

His problem is more than the "figure" of his age. It is his ideology that cannot be changed anymore. Have you heard the parable "You cannot teach an old dog new tricks". Can he change in a rapidly changing world? How will he react when things start moving fast around him. That is why I used the world class CEOs as an example. Some of them are made to retire compulsorily at 60. Find out why. Sometimes the extremely good ones are left in the system but only as advisers. Buhari has a system of thinking that cannot be changed and we should not gamble the fate of the country on that. Let him come out with the key issues and then we will know he is thinking. Politics of sentiments and emotions is the old order and he doesn't know better than that.

On corruption, his "integrity" has nothing to do with how well he can fight corruption. In democracy, you fight corruption by putting control systems in place and encouraging a strong legal system. You cannot use a koboko in this age to "make" people to stop being corrupt. Little boys will use him to do shege! We need someone who will be smart enough to know the kinds of policies to implement in order to control corruption. He has not come out to tell us the kinds of structures he will put in place to achieve his goal. All he has said is "I will probe x and y" and I have a system that I will introduce. Is he the one that will judge the case? Is it not the same set of people we have today that will do the probes? How long will the probes take? Will he re-probe all that has been probed before? What ever new system he intends to introduce will need to go through the Parliament. His corruption agenda is extremely ambiguous and has no substance. It is hinged on one thing "When he was the head of state, he flogged people with koboko and put a lot of people (those who were against his government or ideology) in jail". Finito!

well its good to know that some of them still retain even as advisers just like you have postulated (though i dont completely agree with you). A president of a nation doesnt work alone. he will definately bring in hands he feels are capable of actualising his desired dream. all he needs to do to a competent hand he has hired is to explain what exactly he/she wants to achieve and the hand hired will go all out to actualise it. there is nothing absolutely wrong with Buhari's line of thinking. on several occassions he (or any of his proxy) has come out to deny all these allegations against him. the kind of politics he is presently playing (which he strongly believe in) is all-encompassing and not that of emotions and sentiments you and others are accusing him of. he is definately reaching out to all and sundry.

Its unfortunate u think he intends using the same sytem he used during the military era as far as corruption is concerned. he did say that this is a democratic setting and he is bound to obey the constitution. whatever he will do in this regard will be done under the ambients of the law but one thing i am rest assured of is what Buhari says he will do, he will do (his records on/off military era speaks for itself). He said he will reduce corruption in Nigeria to the bearest minimum but he didnt say he will be flogging up and down.

I agree with you on how to fight corruption and thats really the basic for all law-abiding countries and to be honest its working but you will agree with me that thats not what we have presently even though we are made to believe such. This govt doesnt in anyway have the politiacal will to actualise even the basic ingredient to fight corruption, however Buhari has promised that IN ADDITION TO THAT, he for one will lead by example. He suggested the removal of the immunity clause which he promised to champion (that to me shows sincerity, this Govt can never never never do such). He is more or else saying that i will be accountable not by words but by actions. whatever he will do, it will be within the constitution of the federation.

About probe (I for one i'm for it even though many will be against this) i think it should be done and it doesnt neccessary mean that it will deter or stop deveopments (these are lies from PDP). i strongly believe developments and growth can go hand in hand with probes for a focus leader. He promised to probe and prosecute those found wanting and i think that should be encouaged because it will deter those who still intend to perpetuate such frauds. peeps must be reminded that whatever you do will be accounted for no matter how long it takes and in a way i also see it as indirectly fighting corruption. Peeps held accountable for past actions even if it was decades ago. of cos some probes have taken place but with no results because of this same corruption we are talking about
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Dave6: 1:15pm On Apr 05, 2011
@efisher
You are doing good. Pls keep up the good work of enlightening the few that don't know much about this very unfortunate candidate, although well-known in the political arena as a perpetual electoral workover.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by alexleo(m): 1:25pm On Apr 05, 2011
efisher:

You are right man. The truth and nothing but the truth.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by hbrednic: 1:29pm On Apr 05, 2011
Buhari is a despot
Buhari is a jihadist
Buhari worked 4 Abacha
Buhari is tired and too old to lead.
Buhari is the grand father of BOKO HARAM
Buhari has never fought for democracy,
Buhari is a coupist
Buhari is clueless,he failed woefully in the presidential debate.
Buhari has no regard for the rule of law,he doesnt even know the meaning  cry
                                                        GEJ IS THE KETETE THAT WILL TAKE US TO JERUSALEM,FRESH AIR 2011
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by ifele(m): 1:54pm On Apr 05, 2011
Better to break up Nigeria and let every state go its own way towards freedom,peace and prosperity. All this Nigerianism is an excuse for niggerism. Nigerian government is robbing the treasury for their greedy bellies and white bankers in Europe. Wake Up Nigeria is dying and almost dead. When the crisis hits the first to run away will be these government thieves. I hope no one gives them visa to Europe where they stored the loot. Peoples fight for what is right and yur freedoms.

ESHOMODO.ULTRA-TIONILE.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by naijaking1: 2:00pm On Apr 05, 2011
chamber2:

see the despot

Those are good looking suite cases, too bad, he couldn't let anybody search them. Emir of Gwandu must one of his extended cousins.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Xfactoria: 2:01pm On Apr 05, 2011
10cirenoh:

I still maintain what i said because you're what you just called me, whats the job of the minister of finance? who handles the economic aspect of a country? the CBN governor or the finance minister?

you went ahead to quote wiki as if it's wiki that is handling the financial and economic aspect of Nigeria.

You are even more foolish than I thought. You do not know your right from left and be assured that this is the last time i will ever attempt to lecture you on the different role of the CBN Governor and the Finance Minister. Even though the CBN is under the Finance Ministry, its autonomy on monetary policies such as the interest rate control and inflation rate control derives from the CBN Act.

The ministry of finance has exclusive responsibility on fiscal policies such as budgets (in general terms) the same way the CBN has exclusive responsibility on monetary policies. Get it? Dumb a*s!!!
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by brotherly: 2:37pm On Apr 05, 2011
Most of us are voting against Buhari and we see GEJ as the only man that can stop him. Its way too dangerous to hand a complex country like Nigeria to a stiffnecked extremist like Buhari.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by solajacobs(m): 3:16pm On Apr 05, 2011
BUHARI REPRESENT BACKWARDNESS.
I WILL NEVER VOTE FOR HIM EVEN IF HE IS THE ONLY CANDIDATE FOR THE POST.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by solajacobs(m): 3:18pm On Apr 05, 2011
THE MOST DELICATE SITUATION IN NIGERIA IS RELIGION MATTER,  BUHARI CAN NOT HANDLE IT BECAUSE HE HATE CHRISTIAN FROM HIS HEART.
WE NEED A LEADER WHO DOES NOT HATE ANYBODY NO MATTER YOUR RELIGION.HOW WILL THE MAN REPRESENT NIGERIA OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY?
THE MAN WILL DISGRACE THIS COUNTRY IF ELECTED. HE STILL BELIEF THAT NIGERIA IS UNDER THE MILITARY;NO WONDER HE USED THE WORD, FELLOW NIGERIA AT THE DEBATE.HE KILLED DEMOCRACY IN NIGERIA LONG TIME AGO AND TAKE US 20 YEARS BACK , SO YOU CAN STILL COME AND SOLICIT FOR OUR VOTE? GO AWAY BUHARI.
BUHARI=6
BAKARE=6
CHANGE=6
REMEMBER CPC 666?
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by basileze: 3:39pm On Apr 05, 2011
AFTER MY 12 YEARS EXPERIENCE WITH DEMOCRACY, NO ELECTRICITY,NO ROAD,NO JOB,MASSIVE CORRUPTION BY OUR LEADERS, I WILL CERTAINLY VOTE BUHARI TO REMEDY THE ROT IN NIGERIA
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by nagoma(m): 3:44pm On Apr 05, 2011
[b]Medoski[/b]
When i  was  in school, my room mate who  was a student of political science told  me  that  the  real meaning of politics  is  the  protection of  your  interest in a  wider scope of  interest. Now  to  our  present  argument:
As a  Northern Muslim, I think the problem is  not Buhari, the problem  is  buhari's tribe and  religion. when there  is  an  open contest in politics in  Nigeria any Northern  Muslim candidate will face the same problem , and  vice versa. I  think we should save  ourselves all these  analysis and  say 'I  wont vote  for  you because we  are different'. The southern voted for Yaradua  because  there  was a  working arrangement by the stakeholders that Yaradua  is  the candidate.
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]

[/font]

Medoski;
You did hit the nail on the head! It is Buhari's tribe and religion that is the problem for Nairalanders whose vast majority are obviously not from that tribe. So it doesn't matter if 16bn $ for the power generation was squandered by Obasajo the GEJ mentor and PDP boss and 3Bn Naira for road repair disappeared without trace when Aneni (Mr. Fix it) was Obasanjos Minister of works . All the inventions against Buhari are to ensure that the mild mannerred clueless incoherent mediocre remains as president because he is not from hated tribe and group. QED.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by 10cirenoh: 3:56pm On Apr 05, 2011
X-factoria:

You are even more foolish than I thought. You do not know your right from left and be assured that this is the last time i will ever attempt to lecture you on the different role of the CBN Governor and the Finance Minister. Even though the CBN is under the Finance Ministry, its autonomy on monetary policies such as the interest rate control and inflation rate control derives from the CBN Act.

The ministry of finance has exclusive responsibility on fiscal policies such as budgets (in general terms) the same way the CBN has exclusive responsibility on monetary policies. Get it? Dumb a*s!!!

You are a complete goat, i have tried not to insult you, but i think you need to be THOROUGHLY INSULTED.

Now you are talking like a goat just born yesterday, i asked you, who's in charge of the economy, you said CBN, is that not foolish? CBN is under the ministry of finance, yet you said CBN is in charge of the economy, you see you are a foool? The ministry of finance is the SOLE manager of the economy while the CBN is like a watchdog under the ministry of finance watching over the financial aspect of the country.

Now you goat, go and make sure you eat all that grass you left at the backyard before i break that horn of yours.

Nonsense.

You'd come out tomorrow saying you are a graduate, dumbass fisherman supporter who is as dumb as his PHD fisherman master.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by efisher(m): 3:57pm On Apr 05, 2011
nagoma:

Medoski;
You did hit the nail on the head! It is Buhari's tribe and religion that is the problem for Nairalanders whose vast majority are obviously not from that tribe. So it doesn't matter if 16bn $ for the power generation was squandered by Obasajo the GEJ mentor and PDP boss and 3Bn Naira for road repair disappeared without trace when Aneni (Mr. Fix it) was Obasanjos Minister of works . All the inventions against Buhari are to ensure that the mild mannerred clueless incoherent mediocre remains as president because he is not from hated tribe and group. QED.

This argument is not true for a very large number of us. Ribadu/Adeola is a muslim ticket but I am very ok with their ambition.  Ribadu has identified himself with every part of Nigeria. I do not even consider Shekerau as a tribalistic man even if he is a core Northerner. I supported Yar'Adua presidency. Most of the reasons why I oppose a Buhari presidency are the same reasons why I will oppose any old ex-military president like OBJ, IBB or Gowon. If Pastor Bakare were to be the flag bearer of PDP or ACN, I will still not support him. Both candidates for me are NO-NO. If your argument is true, why is Rev. Chris Okotie not enjoying our vote? A president is not there to be a religious ruler. He should be able to lead everyone no matter the religion. Religion should never be a selling point for a public office like the presidency.

I may be wrong, but I believe in the way things work in the corporate world. And for me, that ideology is the way forward.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Johns83: 4:01pm On Apr 05, 2011
Why you should not vote for buhari

http://www.therealbuhari.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by nagoma(m): 4:19pm On Apr 05, 2011
Dear Efisher ,

I will take your last statement as gospel and that  the real reason you support Buhari is his religious bias and I will tell you for the upteenth time that is simply not true!! Buhari has the greatest respect for all Nigerians and in his history in public life has never differentiated and favored a muslim against a non muslim.  The media hype in itself is not unconnected with tribal sentiments . Buhari did not present major issues to make him unacceptable to Nigerians- a country he loves and defended in many fields and forums. The media has to invent this religious tag and label him with it. People like you efisher seem to buy it whole heartedly and believe that Buhari is out on a religious mission. I have never heard that Buhari ever preached even to Muslims, I know that he himself tries to practice his religion well - but this is not unexpected for a military general who tries to do everything well. I am sure you and me are also trying to practice our religion as well as we can but that does not mean we want convert the whole country. A person I respect very much from what I read about him is the late Chief Obafemi Awolowo. I also learnt that he was a good christian but I will never for one minute think that he was out to make every Nigeria a Christian! Please let us think constructively ; after all nairaland may not be just full of tribal warriors and empty heads.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators / Festus Keyamo Reacts To Pdp's Apology To Nigerians (pics) / PDP NEC Adopts Report On Zoning National Chairmanship Post To North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.