Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,772 members, 7,809,980 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:10 PM

Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? (15456 Views)

I Will Never Vote For Social Media Bill - Sen. Ben Bruce / A Lesson For Muhammadu Buhari - Salisu Buhari / Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Demdem(m): 11:10am On Apr 07, 2011
U seem to amaze me greatly and its obvious u have refused to get off my back. anyway, im at home for u.
I said u should check my first post on this issue, did u? obviously not because if u had u would av seen the below

Demdem:

What about the so called previous attrocities of Buhari that has been repeatedly pasted? what have you said about that? Please free the guy and let him paste it as much as possible because some havent seen it while those who have seen it seems not to understand it since they see no sense in it and yet ask questions this same article has answered.

while my second post on the same issue was

Demdem:

The guy has a single post and so what? he is probably new here. If there is need for me to post it i will and will again as long as forum rules aint broken. I am still asking you what you have done about the previous attrocities of Buhari that have been pasted severally. What have you said about it?

so agba plese kindly be patient and calm before rushing to post. Goodluck to you
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Demdem(m): 11:19am On Apr 07, 2011
babytoun:

are you surprised? this man only has dan fodio kind of islamic zeal. he lacks brain capacity to even manage a local govt.

Madam, please how is that so? can you kindly tell me how he got that wrong. However below is the full report to help us have a better understanding.

The presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change, Gen Muhammadu Buhari, has said he cancelled the proposed Lagos metro rail line project that was initiated by the government of Alhaji Lateef Jakande because he did not want to take more loans or devalue the naira.

The Lagos metro rail line was designed by the Jakande government to facilitate transportation within Lagos and surroundings but was terminated when Buhari military regime took over in December, I983.

Buhari, while speaking in Lagos on Wednesday at the presentation of his party manifesto, said when he got into power, the relatively stable economy, which was handed over to the government of Alhaji Shehu Shagari, had been badly plundered and corruption was rife in every sector. He added that the rail line project was meant to cost N100m, which was a large sum of money then, and the Federal Government was asked to guarantee the loan meant for the project.

He said, “Then, we didn’t know how much debt was on us as a nation and we felt that we should not add another N100m to it. I had to set up two committees to assess how much we owed and we promised not to take more loans or to devalue the naira but to develop the economy.”

Buhari argued that tagging him an enemy of Lagos State because he cancelled that project was mischievous and unfair, stating that the first one billion naira he spent when he was heading Petroleum Trust Fund was on Victoria Island and Ikoyi waterworks in Lagos.

Earlier, in Ikoyi, while meeting with the youth Buhari told them it was important to vote wisely as their choice will affect their generations more than his.

His running mate, Pastor Tunde Bakare, who presented the party manifesto, said God raised Buhari for Nigeria. Bakare said that within the first 100 days in office, Nigerians would begin to feel their impact. He said their party symbol was a pen because they would use it to rewrite the history of Nigeria and that after their tenure, there would be no more military intervention in Nigeria forever.

“We will begin by initiating action with the legislature so that true federalism can be entrenched in Nigeria at all levels. We call our country Federal Republic of Nigeria but we are neither a federation nor a republic. We have a lopsided government where everything reflects round the centre but we will push for true federalism in which we will have strong local governments, strong states and strong Federal Government. We will address our crippling economy by bringing in the best brains both at home and abroad. For too long, we have left politics and governance to the clueless but we want to attract the best and brightest to our government.”

Bakare also said they would be working with the legislature to expunge the immunity clause that shields the public officers from prosecution. On issues of security, Bakare said that they would be have both state and community policing system with laws put in place to prevent their abuse by power drunk tyrants.

The former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, said since they left office in 2007, the nation’s wealth had been plundered.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201104076271678
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by nagoma(m): 1:34pm On Apr 07, 2011
On the 6th of March 1996 Buhari was in Lagos to flag off the first and the biggest water supply PTF project for the Lagos Iju waterworks rehabilitation at a cost of N1,050,015,651.00 (one billion and over 50million naira) and the Lagos.This included the support for the provision of administrative structure to support the Lagos state water corporation.The whole aim of PTF as Buhari said was to support the Lagos Govt and its world Bank project to ensure the supply of 137 million gallons of water per day for the city of Lagos.
He (Buhari) said on that day " With the important position of Lagos as the financial capital of Nigeria and former seat of government our ability to meet water requirement in the city will enhance our national pride "(please note that Buhari is always talking about Nigeria not one person or the other.) He also said that " , water revenue from large population of consumers will improve loan repayments effort of Lagos water coporation and improve the coporations credibility, ".

On the 5th of August 1997 Buhari was again in the SW in Ibadan to launch the N631,913,818.90 support for the Ibadan water supply project to support the ADB effort in that city. This was managed by indigenous NW consultancy services in which Buhari said on that day " , PTF pays special attention to institutional capacity building and strengthening, to ensure sustainability of the projects."Please note that the water department of PTF was not headed by someone from SW and no lobby was needed for Buhari to do the necessary - all other zones received support with water supply efforts but none got as much as the SW . There were of course more places in the SW itself such as the Oke Aleji water project.

The SW because it has more tertiary heath facilities and had 90% of all drug manufacturing outfits in Nigeria benefitted much more than any zone as PTF went out to strengthen each drug manufacturing outfit in Nigeria to ensure self sufficiency and minimize capital flight and conserve foreign reserve. Please note that there was not a single drug manufacturing factory in Buhari's state - Katsina or in the nearby Zamfara,Jigawa,Kebbi or Sokoto . There were one or 2 that qualified in Kano but 99% were in the south and over 90% inlagos and Ogun- Otta, Agbara,Badagry ,Ilupeju etc. This was never a problem for Buhari as these were in Nigeria and the focus is national capacity rehabilitation.

Buhari is for all Nigerians and and the simplicity of his lifestyle and the desire to see Nigeria taking its proper position in the committee of Nations appeal to me.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by naso2(m): 1:38pm On Apr 07, 2011
^^^^^^^^^

Before I answer you , can you provide the link?
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by nagoma(m): 4:16pm On Apr 07, 2011
na_so

I will assume that you are referring to me. and you want an internet link to verify what i wrote.

Before I go on to verification I need to tell you that I was there when all these happened and more. There were of course thousands of other people who are aware and perhaps millions who benefitted. I have given you figures, dates, places and names of organization and you will please feel free to cross check. I will also suggest that you contact the following people who are Public figures and fully aware with what I said here and will even tell you more.
1. Raji Rasaki - who was then the governor of Lagos
2. Chief Adebayo Oyero - an Ibadan technocrat and one time city coucil Chairman in Ibadan.
3. Professor Dora Akunyili
4. Mazi Sam Ohuabunwa who was at that time the president of the Pharmaceutcal Manufacturers association of Nigeria and has even reached greater heights now.
5. Dr. Joe Odumodu - Who is now the DG Manufacturers association of Nigeria.
6. Egr.  Emmanuel Egbabe - a water engineer who is now a Senior Adviser to the President GEJ.
7. Engr. Anthony Ozodinobi - who is now the Permanent Secratary Federal Ministry of Housing.

The late Chief Rufus Giwa of blessed memory was an important stakeholder as a member of the PTF board he worked closely with the Buhari and the board to see these happen. I am sure if CPC was to win , Bakare will work even more closely with Buhari.

I will also refer you to a book; "Buhari- the PTF Years"published in 1999 by Spectrum books, Ibadan in association with Safari books of Jersy Channel island UK. The whole book( 389 pages) will be most useful but specifically pages 165-176 in Chapter 6 will help you with my posting. Also chapter4 pages 99 to 115.
I am ready to provide you with more information if you want. The internet is a great revolution for information sharing , unfortunately anything can be written on any subject and may not necessarily be true . It is the best medium for cheap propaganda and the dissemination of false information so giving you a link does not prove anything at all.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by aletheia(m): 4:22pm On Apr 07, 2011
Demdem:

His running mate, Pastor Tunde Bakare, who presented the party manifesto, said God raised Buhari for Nigeria.
^^
By the time this election is done, Pastor Bakare will know that God cannot be mocked: let him go and ask Chris Okotie. Who does Bakare think he is deceiving?

Let me tell you the truth by the spirit of God, neither (President Olusegun Obasanjo), OBJ, Atiku (Abubakar), IBB and this tall one, (Muhammadu) Buhari are part of the new. They are part of the old that is decaying. That old one is passing away. The new is emerging and these ones are not part of that new.” - Pastor Tunde Bakare (Buhari's running mate)

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20061002624695
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Odunnu: 4:29pm On Apr 07, 2011
Who ever believes what comes out of the mouth of that man?
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by okunoba(m): 4:47pm On Apr 07, 2011
Buhari failed as a leader in the past. No to an Islamist. No to sharia. No to a dictator.

YouTube - Buhari's coup / Babangida takeover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBSWhA6z-54
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by nagoma(m): 7:16pm On Apr 07, 2011
Odunnu,

Whichever man you are talking about, you mean to say  "that man's mouth". And not "the mouth of that man" Abi?
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by efisher(m): 8:07pm On Apr 07, 2011
Buhari's Ogodomigodoic Biography.

He rashly promised Nigerians a turnaround of supermanic scale. At the end of the day, he engaged the reverse gear and crashed-landed Nigeria into an unfathomable maze of economic ping pong. His obdurate nature consumed him and he refused to heed the call for a time-out. He is known to be stiff-necked in his approach to issues. Unwilling to take the highway of wisdom. Juggernauting ahead off the tarred road. The perfect recipe for fiasco.

He met Nigerians in a state of broken brass, entered office with a promise of diamond and left Nigerians with thick black soot. The same man has come again to finish off his half boiled meal. He is back again with lofty promises accompanied by an erratic loudspeaker with little or no volume control. How many forgetful Nigerians does he hope to plunge back into his rotten pot?

It is clear that this is his end game. The wood is burnt out and all that will be left are the ashes and the thick smoke rising from the midst. Around it, the younger generation will sit and hear the story of the greedy man who was consumed by the greed within him that he couldn't see the fire that burnt around him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBSWhA6z-54
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by 9ijaMan: 9:18pm On Apr 07, 2011
nagoma:

On the 6th of March 1996 Buhari was in Lagos to flag off the first and the biggest water supply PTF project for the Lagos Iju waterworks rehabilitation at a cost of N1,050,015,651.00 (one billion and over 50million naira) and the Lagos.This included the support for the provision of administrative structure to support the Lagos state water corporation.The whole aim of PTF as Buhari said was to support the Lagos Govt and its world Bank project to ensure the supply of 137 million gallons of water per day for the city of Lagos.
He (Buhari) said on that day " With the important position of Lagos as the financial capital of Nigeria and former seat of government our ability to meet water requirement in the city will enhance our national pride "(please note that Buhari is always talking about Nigeria not one person or the other.) He also said that " , water revenue from large population of consumers will improve loan repayments effort of Lagos water coporation and improve the coporations credibility, ".

On the 5th of August 1997 Buhari was again in the SW in Ibadan to launch the N631,913,818.90 support for the Ibadan water supply project to support the ADB effort in that city. This was managed by indigenous NW consultancy services in which Buhari said on that day " , PTF pays special attention to institutional capacity building and strengthening, to ensure sustainability of the projects."Please note that the water department of PTF was not headed by someone from SW and no lobby was needed for Buhari to do the necessary - all other zones received support with water supply efforts but none got as much as the SW . There were of course more places in the SW itself such as the Oke Aleji water project.

The SW because it has more tertiary heath facilities and had 90% of all drug manufacturing outfits in Nigeria benefitted much more than any zone as PTF went out to strengthen each drug manufacturing outfit in Nigeria to ensure self sufficiency and minimize capital flight and conserve foreign reserve. Please note that there was not a single drug manufacturing factory in Buhari's state - Katsina or in the nearby Zamfara,Jigawa,Kebbi or Sokoto . There were one or 2 that qualified in Kano but 99% were in the south and over 90% inlagos and Ogun- Otta, Agbara,Badagry ,Ilupeju etc. This was never a problem for Buhari as these were in Nigeria and the focus is national capacity rehabilitation.

Buhari is for all Nigerians and and the simplicity of his lifestyle and the desire to see Nigeria taking its proper position in the committee of Nations appeal to me.

nagoma:

na_so

I will assume that you are referring to me. and you want an internet link to verify what i wrote.

Before I go on to verification I need to tell you that I was there when all these happened and more. There were of course thousands of other people who are aware and perhaps millions who benefitted. I have given you figures, dates, places and names of organization and you will please feel free to cross check. I will also suggest that you contact the following people who are Public figures and fully aware with what I said here and will even tell you more.
1. Raji Rasaki - who was then the governor of Lagos
2. Chief Adebayo Oyero - an Ibadan technocrat and one time city coucil Chairman in Ibadan.
3. Professor Dora Akunyili
4. Mazi Sam Ohuabunwa who was at that time the president of the Pharmaceutcal Manufacturers association of Nigeria and has even reached greater heights now.
5. Dr. Joe Odumodu - Who is now the DG Manufacturers association of Nigeria.
6. Egr.  Emmanuel Egbabe - a water engineer who is now a Senior Adviser to the President GEJ.
7. Engr. Anthony Ozodinobi - who is now the Permanent Secratary Federal Ministry of Housing.

The late Chief Rufus Giwa of blessed memory was an important stakeholder as a member of the PTF board he worked closely with the Buhari and the board to see these happen. I am sure if CPC was to win , Bakare will work even more closely with Buhari.

I will also refer you to a book; "Buhari- the PTF Years"published in 1999 by Spectrum books, Ibadan in association with Safari books of Jersy Channel island UK. The whole book( 389 pages) will be most useful but specifically pages 165-176 in Chapter 6 will help you with my posting. Also chapter4 pages 99 to 115.
I am ready to provide you with more information if you want. The internet is a great revolution for information sharing , unfortunately anything can be written on any subject and may not necessarily be true . It is the best medium for cheap propaganda and the dissemination of false information so giving you a link does not prove anything at all.

Excellent and very informative posts. I'll search for the book on the web. If I find it, I'll grab a copy immediately.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by nagoma(m): 9:35pm On Apr 07, 2011
There is no shortage of such insults and abuses as effisher & his cohorts are bent on forcing us to accept. The fact remains that Buhari is honest , firm on what is right, lives simply and walks his talk. His passion is Nigeria and nigerians .

GEJ had the good luck of being favored by the Despot Obasanjo. The time is rife for Nigerians to say no to PDP,no exploitation, no to the kind of National assembly we have where each members earns or to be more correct takes home more than what the US President earns. GEJ is a figure head and clueless on what to do , even if he wanted to do it.

12 years of PDP is more than enough!!! Say no to insecurity, no to unemployment, no to criminal neglect of electric power due to corruption, say no to embezzlement and personal enrichment of those in government. Say no to poor Heath and worst education sector in africa. We are tired of 12 years of progressive failure and decline. Vote CPC massively my fellow countrymen. It's BB!!!
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by efisher(m): 9:53pm On Apr 07, 2011
^ In making my points I have not insulted ANY nairalander [unduly cool] . My words only come out very sharp and straight to the heart. In as much as we agree to the fact that we are not where we need to be, we should also realize that we are way ahead from where we used to be. The wasted generation is luring us back into the dark with their wild wild dreams. Why should I not present my views in a manner that will be most effective. I have said before and I repeat; we should be making a choice between Ribadu and GEJ. Buhari is not the panacea to Nigeria's problems.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by recoome(m): 12:14am On Apr 08, 2011
Buhari is the greatest MUMU in the entire milky way, including all his 'poo-licking' ass lickers like nagoma & 9ijaman who have no respect 4 decorum and go about with their uninspiring & negative energy!
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by 9ijaMan: 4:13am On Apr 08, 2011
recoome:

Buhari is the greatest MUMU in the entire milky way, including all his 'poo-licking' backside lickers like nagoma & 9ijaman who have no respect 4 decorum and go about with their uninspiring & negative energy!
Apparently you are actually what your name means in one of the Nigerian languages, a full blooded Camel. Therefore, I'm not surprised at your delusional outburst.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by efisher(m): 7:06am On Apr 08, 2011
Buhari is good at one thing: Failing and making flimsy excuses for his failures.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Jakumo(m): 7:21am On Apr 08, 2011
efisher:

Buhari is good at one thing: Failing and making flimsy excuses for his failures.

You forgot to mention Ayatollah Buggari's talent for launching FAILED court cases, in the wake of his every FAILED election bid.

Jihadist Ayatollah Buggari has elevated FAILURE and landslide electoral DEFEAT to the level of high art, and for this he must be commended and recognized as Nigeria's Taliban FAILURE and LOSER IN CHIEF. For anyone inclined to ridicule this noble appellation, remember at least that the 15 minutes of undeserved, fleeting fame promised the Ayatollah by late artist Andy Warhol has been delivered, over and over again. Praise the Lord !
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by efisher(m): 7:39am On Apr 08, 2011
He failed the elections woefully and blamed it on rigging while people like Oshiomhole went to the same courts and came out victorious. The man needs to humble himself and learn from people who have succeeded in doing those things he couldn't do.

* He needs to learn how to lead in both civilian and military regimes from OBJ.
* He needs to learn how to win a court case from Oshiomhole (that is after learning how to win an election in the first place)
* He needs to learn how to pick a VP from GEJ or Ribadu
* He needs to learn how to support a promising candidate from Wole Soyinka
* He needs to learn how to step down from Pat Utomi
* He needs to learn how to debate from Shekerau
* He needs to learn Economics 101 from Fashola

Unfortunately he is too old to learn and unwilling to change.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Jakumo(m): 7:43am On Apr 08, 2011
efisher:

Unfortunately he is too old to learn and unwilling to change.

Oh well, maybe our little Taliban Ayatollah will find his true value when he takes his long overdue place groping the Bosom of Allah.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by nagoma(m): 5:58pm On Apr 08, 2011
The campaign of calumny continues.

The PDP will rig the election and they are desperate to continue with Nigeria's progressive failure in all fronts except personal bank accounts of PDP stalwarts - not even the mislead supporters like the ones we have in NL. My heart bleeds for my Dear Country.  cry sad

One day another generation will learn that a thieves cannot be given trust even for one kobo - certainly not a country of 150 miliion people - no matter how emotional people choose to be.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Dreamchaser1(f): 2:37pm On Apr 09, 2011
Cos I don't need to be beaten and manhandled to do the right thing, He's too desperate, He is supporting the corruopt Abacha family, he's a military man, He's an ethnicist, I hate that Pastor, he has no respect for human right or human life, he has nothing to offer, he doesn't listen to advice, he's old.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by ebony4life(f): 10:33pm On Apr 11, 2011
Am not voting cos he's an EX MILITARY MAN/PRESIDENT. lipsrsealed
Hmn hmn mi o fe! (I don't want) angry
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Nobody: 8:23am On Apr 05, 2015
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by shaboti: 12:53pm On Jul 11, 2015
Fastforward 4yrs later..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

18 Soldiers Get Death, Jail Terms Over Boko Haram / Enugu: ECTDA Intervenes As Illegal Structure Blocks Drains And Causes Flood / Nigerian Women Threatening Me Over Appointments – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.