Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 (14982 Views)

Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested / Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? / INEC Releases Final List For December 5 Bye-Elections Across 11 States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by Oju4190: 5:15am On Jan 31, 2021
cunicinni12:
Governor Woke we need light in Elelewon,Akapjor,Woji,and Eleme....the people are suffering sir.
1pix.....hope there is no fuel in dat container? If there is, take it away Fast from the Generator before it will cause explosion as a result of the heat emanating from The Gen.
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by COdeGenesis: 5:15am On Jan 31, 2021
post=98596277:
......and there is a Governor in that state aight
If there is scarcity of petrol in a state due to NNPC issues what will a governor do?

4 Likes

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by AlphaLover: 5:16am On Jan 31, 2021
COdeGenesis:

That's a lie. You are misinformed.If any one extorts your money , you can write to their head office at Moscow Road. That's how one rubbish linesman use to extort us at Elelewon, when my landlord wrote to their head office, he was sacked in less than 2months and we hv had peace since then

U r a joker

Bros go to their Rumuodumaya branch and see corruption

They openly tell residents to donate before repairs when u complain una power supply will disappear

If u dont no wats going on der ask

2 Likes

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by nengibo: 5:17am On Jan 31, 2021
Bofoy4:
Rivers is living on pass glory I keep on saying this.

The Government under wike is a big scam how can a state governor dash another state (kano) 50million to rebuit a burnt markt when 90% of his youth pop are idle, useless and unemploy, involving in cultism on daily basis.

Black out my foot.

Wike pls wake up from ur slumber b4 it late.

It's 90% of your Father's children that are useless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by nengibo: 5:18am On Jan 31, 2021
cunicinni12:
Elelewon,Apajor,part of woji,Eleme in Rivers state need light after 2 months of darkness even during the festive period. From the feed back the pre paid meter distribution around this areas are about 90%. The question is why NO LIGHT FOR TWO MONTHS and counting...
No light for two months in Woji, are you sure about this?
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by AlphaLover: 5:19am On Jan 31, 2021
PHEDC is one of the most corrupt companies in this country

Their managers sit down in moscow road drinking tea wen der staff are busy running amock in corruption

2 Likes

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by COdeGenesis: 5:21am On Jan 31, 2021
AlphaLover:

U r a joker

Bros go to their Rumuodumaya branch and see corruption

They openly tell residents to donate before repairs when u complain una power supply will disappear

If u dont no wats going on der ask

You are misinformed. The company has gone on radios and tvs and even wrote on their hilux that you shouldn't contribute such or give money to any of its staff. They have some numbers on their hilux you can call to report cases of corruption. The question is that if someone extorts you, what hv you done concerning it? Hv you reported to their head office? You took no action and you want justice

4 Likes

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by COdeGenesis: 5:21am On Jan 31, 2021
nengibo:

No light for two months in Woji, are you sure about this?

Some parts of Woji
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by AlphaLover: 5:23am On Jan 31, 2021
COdeGenesis:

You are misinformed. The company has gone on radios and tvs and even wrote on their hilux that you shouldn't contribute such or give money to any of its staff. They have some numbers on their hilux you can call to report cases of corruption. The question is that if someone extorts you, what hv you done concerning it? Hv you reported to their head office? You took no action and you want justice

STOP ARGUING

the company is doing what's expected on paper

My sister own a property in Rumuodumaya ii know what I am saying

The managers there colude wit estate excos in estates like omachi anytime there is a fault it's d job of the estate excos 2 collect funds from residents n give 2 phedc staff

I no wat I am sayin

Even sometimes dey work wit one guy to spoil transformer n such

Okay do u no dey allow diz guy fuze transformers 4 dem?

Oga if u wan names pay me

I always frequent dat house and no everything dat goes on

Phedc staff r rotten
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by COdeGenesis: 5:31am On Jan 31, 2021
AlphaLover:

STOP ARGUING

the company is doing what's expected on paper

My sister own a property in Rumuodumaya ii know what I am saying

The managers there colude wit estate excos in estates like omachi anytime there is a fault it's d job of the estate excos 2 collect funds from residents n give 2 phedc staff

I no wat I am sayin

Even sometimes dey work wit one guy to spoil transformer n such

Okay do u no dey allow diz guy fuze transformers 4 dem?

Oga if u wan names pay me

I always frequent dat house and no everything dat goes on

Phedc staff r rotten

This is an allegation that probably their management is not aware of. I really dont know how it works in their own sector but I know for where i work you can actually write to our head office if any of our field staff are extorting you, they will investigate and take necessary actions. If someone is extorting your aunty like I said she should write to their head office at Moscow road or take videos of those guys when they come then go to their head office at Moscow Road and report those guys so they wont deny it. You guys enjoy dashing them money else you would hv reported them and that nonsense would hv stopped

7 Likes

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by Nwodosis(m): 5:43am On Jan 31, 2021
Op, you didn't add Rumukwurishi and Iriebe. The power went off since on 12th Dec.2020 after heavy rain and we were thinking it was the rain that caused it. A week later the PHED guys came to our area in New Rumukwurishi and told us to guide our transformer that vandals have destroyed thier sub station at Elelenwo and that power will be restored on or before 7th Jan.2021. I believe their own calendar is yet to get to 7th Jan.2021.

4 Likes

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by elmessiahs(m): 5:43am On Jan 31, 2021
charity begins at home, this unfocused politicians from the south will always want to please those that have kept their populace in bondage rather than doing the needful. I service is what will kill southern politicians.
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by AlphaLover: 5:44am On Jan 31, 2021
COdeGenesis:

This is an allegation that probably their management is not aware of. I really dont know how it works in their own sector but I know for where i work you can actually write to our head office if any of our field staff are extorting you, they will investigate and take necessary actions. If someone is extorting your aunty like I said she should write to their head office at Moscow road or take videos of those guys when they come then go to their head office at Moscow Road and report those guys so they wont deny it. You guys enjoy dashing them money else you would hv reported them and that nonsense would hv stopped

U r clueless

The field staff of a company victimize people n u r here saying people enjoy it

If something spoils and u lay complaint they don't come until 2 days after den they demand for funds before repairs

Like for 2 days my sister's says dey avnt been having power supply and wen it comes it's low current

Imagine dat no power in an estate with 90% prepaid meter
Phedc is very useless

1 Like

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by GeneralPula: 5:46am On Jan 31, 2021
AlphaLover:

Broz I said d truth

Back den expatriates lived and worked in Rivers State

They stayed in old GRa all the way to artillery.

They spent money in shops , patronized traders etc

But diz useless Rivers boys started kidnapping and all the expats ran away

Companies shut their branches due to staff being kidnapped

Then so many companies had branches in trans amadi they av all run

Really? To think I used to feel it’s the best state in south south..

1 Like

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:54am On Jan 31, 2021
AlphaLover:

Broz I said d truth

Back den expatriates lived and worked in Rivers State

They stayed in old GRa all the way to artillery.

They spent money in shops , patronized traders etc

But diz useless Rivers boys started kidnapping and all the expats ran away

Companies shut their branches due to staff being kidnapped

Then so many companies had branches in trans amadi they av all run

Wow!
Now we understand better,
And all these happened less than 7/8 years ago, not 20 years.
And some people in Nigeria have forgotten this already trying to tell us kidnapping just started last year or 2 years ago.
Thanks for letting Nigerians read this undiluted news coming from the son of the soil.

Nigeria will win this war.
Nigeria will succeed.
The greatest tragedy that can befall a nation is for some of her citizens to suffer collective amnesia.... intentionally!

Truth is not bitter, just that people are bitter to the truth.

We will win this war
Nigeria will succeed.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by COdeGenesis: 5:56am On Jan 31, 2021
AlphaLover:

U r clueless

The field staff of a company victimize people n u r here saying people enjoy it

If something spoils and u lay complaint they don't come until 2 days after den they demand for funds before repairs

Like for 2 days my sister's says dey avnt been having power supply and wen it comes it's low current

Imagine dat no power in an estate with 90% prepaid meter
Phedc is very useless

I guess the reason why you still have recurrent issues in your estate is because you don't listen and take advice. I remember a certain time in the past I had some money in my account and I needed it badly. I went to my bank and requested for access to my funds. The customer care lady said I will need to upgrade and go to the court to swear affidavict since I didnt have voters card and I had only temporary NIN. This is a bank I have been using since my Yr1 in school. I went to meet the branch Manager he said same thing. I was angry and desperate. So i sent a mail to their head office, I petitioned the customer care officer, my account officer and the branch manager for insensitivity. That evening I got a call from the branch Manger apologixing for the poor service. She invited me to her office, they served me tea and gave me breakfast while the cashier went to bring my money. they used my BVN as means of identification. why am I sharing this story. If I had not reported to their head office my issue wouldnt have been resolved it would have lingered at the branch office. You guys can equally go to NERC and report but you should first report to their head office at MOscow road

10 Likes

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by kellybently(m): 5:56am On Jan 31, 2021
Taich:
Is a big disappointment even Phed has no answer to the situation, when called they will tell you that they don't have an idea when power will be restored.
Like I told them, in less than five years from now, if they are not careful, Phed case will be like that of Nitel.

Tell the Nairaland that your youth are the one that vandalised power station due to selfish intreast

2 Likes

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by AlphaLover: 5:59am On Jan 31, 2021
post=98596592:

Wow!
Now we understand better,
And all these happened less than 7/8 years ago, not 20 years.
And some people in Nigeria have forgotten this already trying to tell us kidnapping just started last year or 2 years ago.
Thanks for letting Nigerians read this undiluted news coming from the son of the soil.

Nigeria will win this war.
Nigeria will succeed.
The greatest tragedy that can befall a nation is for some of her citizens to suffer collective amnesia.... intentionally!

Truth is not bitter, just that people are bitter to the truth.

We will win this war
Nigeria will succeed.

Unfortunately e go hard 4 nija 2 win d war

Y? Because d elderz and youths don't like truth

Na only a mumu go talk say kidnapping started some years ago ...

Was it not pioneered by us in Niger delta ?

Who drove away all the snepco, Mobil, nLNG , Elf, seplat, Agip and other expatriates from Rivers ?

Why did all companies relocate from Rivers to owerri , Lagos and Abuja?

Kidnapping off course, let's call eba eba n not fufu

If it not kidnapping most of our elders used to become rich

Were d elders not funding kidnap gangs ?

How did asari make his cash or tompolo or igodie?

Lol

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by TimmyTen(m): 5:59am On Jan 31, 2021
Normal level
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by thatigboman: 5:59am On Jan 31, 2021
Bofoy4:
Rivers is living on pass glory I keep on saying this.

The Government under wike is a big scam how can a state governor dash another state (kano) 50million to rebuit a burnt markt when 90% of his youth pop are idle, useless and unemploy, involving in cultism on daily basis.

Black out my foot.

Wike pls wake up from ur slumber b4 it late.

sokoto, not kano
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by bluefilm: 6:00am On Jan 31, 2021
I blame COVID 419 for this.
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by COdeGenesis: 6:01am On Jan 31, 2021
Nwodosis:
Op, you didn't add Rumukwurishi and Iriebe. The power went off since on 12th Dec.2020 after heavy rain and we were thinking it was the rain that caused it. A week later the PHED guys came to our area in New Rumukwurishi and told us to guide our transformer that vandals have destroyed thier sub station at Elelenwo and that power will be restored on or before 7th Jan.2021. I believe their own calendar is yet to get to 7th Jan.2021.

Rivers youth kidnapped the guys that were meant to repair it
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by AlphaLover: 6:01am On Jan 31, 2021
[s]
COdeGenesis:

I guess the reason why you still have recurrent issues in your estate is because you don't listen and take advice. I remember a certain time in the past I had some money in my account and I needed it badly. I went to my bank and requested for access to my funds. The customer care lady said I will need to upgrade and go to the court to swear affidavict since I didnt have voters card and I had only temporary NIN. This is a bank I have been using since my Yr1 in school. I went to meet the branch Manager he said same thing. I was angry and desperate. So i sent a mail to their head office, I petitioned the customer care officer, my account officer and the branch manager for insensitivity. That evening I got a call from the branch Manger apologixing for the poor service. She invited me to her office, they served me tea and gave me breakfast while the cashier went to bring my money. they used my BVN as means of identification. why am I sharing this story. If I had not reported to their head office my issue wouldnt have been resolved it would have lingered at the branch office. You guys can equally go to NERC and report but you should first report to their head office at MOscow road
[/s]

U r just typing trash broz

Phedc staff in Rumuodumaya are very corrupt and criminals

Deal wit that

Why did ur ceo sack 30 managers that caused the strike ?

Alot of dem had pending disciplinary issues

Ur staff in phedc are very corrupt infact phedc is the most corrupt disco in Nigeria
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by COdeGenesis: 6:04am On Jan 31, 2021
AlphaLover:
[s][/s]

U r just typing trash broz

Phedc staff in Rumuodumaya are very corrupt and criminals

Deal wit that

Why did ur ceo sack 30 managers that caused the strike ?

Alot of dem had pending disciplinary issues

Ur staff in phedc are very corrupt infact phedc is the most corrupt disco in Nigeria

You are on your own. Continue to wallow in ignorance. You dont listen and i wont reply you again.

6 Likes

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by AlphaLover: 6:06am On Jan 31, 2021
COdeGenesis:

You are on your own. Continue to wallow in ignorance. You dont listen and i wont reply you again.

U no I am right .
U av nothin 2 say bozz

Phedc is going down d drain at the rate of corruption in there

Just wait 4 it

One tin I don't understand about corrupt staff is , don't dey tink of how d actives affects their company?

Tomorrow wen d company dies dey will be crying no job

Phedc staff r Killing d company

2 Likes

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by Abaman001(m): 6:11am On Jan 31, 2021
COdeGenesis:
It's a TCN(Transmission Company of Nigeria) issue so i heard. PHED buys electricity from suppliers, Generation Companies(AFAM). The TCN guys help transpor the electricity. The issue i got to understand is that they said some aboki guys in collaboration with some Rivers sate youths frm the community vandalized five of those big TCN towers,the one in the second picture, that carry High Voltage from the Gencos. So PHED is not at fault here. They cannot give you electricity because the people that supply them are having issues.They scattered the whole thing. When the TCN guys came to replace the vandalized towers, it was alleged that the community guys kidnapped one of them or so. But they are done now. When you hv not used your car for some time, you need to warm it well and there is a probability some parts might develop some issues. Same with electricity, when there hvnt been light for a long time, you need to warm the transformers by give short periods of supply intermittently before finally energizing them. They flashed a couple of times. They said they are patroling their lines to endure there is no fault and by monday they will restore

Why do u guys like carrying fake and negative news, "its was alleged they kidnapped their workers" abi, you guys should stop this evil propaganda against a people, after smoking weeds u will come here and be talking nonsense.....
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by Nobody: 6:13am On Jan 31, 2021
cunicinni12:
Why is this topic not making headline? Because we are Rivers? Why should we be subjected to bad eggs around the electricity distribution sector? Are the Rivers state people less of importance. Just trying to make common sense.

Less Importance....True
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by Nobody: 6:15am On Jan 31, 2021
funkybroyouknow:
Meanwhile Wike gives 500m to Sokoto, presidential ambition means more than the welfare of rivers people.

Na crime to be a cheerful giver
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by ruggedtimi(m): 6:18am On Jan 31, 2021
cunicinni12:
Elelewon,Apajor,part of woji,Eleme in Rivers state need light after 2 months of darkness even during the festive period. From the feed back the pre paid meter distribution around this areas are about 90%. The question is why NO LIGHT FOR TWO MONTHS and counting...
okrika too

1 Like

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by Moneywirer: 6:20am On Jan 31, 2021
COdeGenesis:
It's a TCN(Transmission Company of Nigeria) issue so i heard. PHED buys electricity from suppliers, Generation Companies(AFAM). The TCN guys help transpor the electricity. The issue i got to understand is that they said some aboki guys in collaboration with some Rivers sate youths frm the community vandalized five of those big TCN towers,the one in the second picture, that carry High Voltage from the Gencos. So PHED is not at fault here. They cannot give you electricity because the people that supply them are having issues.They scattered the whole thing. When the TCN guys came to replace the vandalized towers, it was alleged that the community guys kidnapped one of them or so. But they are done now. When you hv not used your car for some time, you need to warm it well and there is a probability some parts might develop some issues. Same with electricity, when there hvnt been light for a long time, you need to warm the transformers by give short periods of supply intermittently before finally energizing them. They flashed a couple of times. They said they are patroling their lines to endure there is no fault and by monday they will restore

Please Ensure you update us when power gets restored fully
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:20am On Jan 31, 2021
AlphaLover:

Unfortunately e go hard 4 nija 2 win d war

Y? Because d elderz and youths don't like truth

Na only a mumu go talk say kidnapping started some years ago ...

Was it not pioneered by us in Niger delta ?

Who drove away all the snepco, Mobil, nLNG , Elf, seplat, Agip and other expatriates from Rivers ?

Why did all companies relocate from Rivers to owerri , Lagos and Abuja?

Kidnapping off course, let's call eba eba n not fufu

If it not kidnapping most of our elders used to become rich

Were d elders not funding kidnap gangs ?

How did asari make his cash or tompolo or igodie?

Lol
Alpha, u don finish d matter.
Say no more.
Truth is not actually bitter,
just that people are bitter to the Truth.

We can only remain positive about dis our ogbonge country o.
Hmmmm, deep and true words from you AlphaLover!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by changeskc: 6:20am On Jan 31, 2021
Are u sure.
Is this info legit ?
Anyways, its a good one
COdeGenesis:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Buhari Meets With Nigerians In Diaspora In South Korea (Photos) / Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong / Joining APC Not Solution To PDP Crisis – LAMIDO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.