Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 (14984 Views)

Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested / Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? / INEC Releases Final List For December 5 Bye-Elections Across 11 States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by RIVERS1stson: 1:58pm On Jan 31, 2021
Kinematics:

I am crying

Hahahaha

Everyone knows that PORT HARCOURT is the most polluted city in the world. See dates on the report. Cry more for me

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by Kinematics: 2:04pm On Jan 31, 2021
RIVERS1stson:

I am weeping for my Anambra cheesy

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by RIVERS1stson: 2:15pm On Jan 31, 2021
Kinematics:
I am crying for my cursed PORT HARCOURT

Hahahaha

Cry more and more for us

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by Sofistcatdmoron: 2:30pm On Jan 31, 2021
Some places in Lagos has not had light since last 7months
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by Celense(m): 2:48pm On Jan 31, 2021
At this time & age, Nigeria is still having issues of steady power supply. So this kind of thing is still happening in Nigeria. I'm not surprised....
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by crownchika: 3:04pm On Jan 31, 2021
So when are we finally expecting the light. That's the most important thing. I'm tired of buying fuel everyday. The weather is too hot. Plz the people in charge should consider us. Alot of mothers like me don't sleep at night because we need to keep fanning our little children.
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by Poloyanabo2(m): 3:45pm On Jan 31, 2021
Ever8090:
Living in port Harcourt is becoming difficult due to this light issue..each time I call my village to enquire about light, they will tell me they have light..
There's light in PH EAST, very steady in some parts of the PH EAST.
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by Poloyanabo2(m): 3:47pm On Jan 31, 2021
cunicinni12:
Elelewon,Apajor,part of woji,Eleme in Rivers state need light after 2 months of darkness even during the festive period. From the feed back the pre paid meter distribution around this areas are about 90%. The question is why NO LIGHT FOR TWO MONTHS and counting...
There was steady light in Woji when I visited there on Wednesday.
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by 143WaZoBia: 4:24pm On Jan 31, 2021
htdot:

But during GEJ adm, you never blame the governors?
Lol. You knew me through GEJ admin?
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by jaytime(m): 4:55pm On Jan 31, 2021
TheStranger:
What is the governor doing about that?
I believe it's not everywhere in Lagos. Besides the governor wouldn't do anything about it cos power supply is now a private sector thing and more of federal government concern. It's we the consumers who pay the bill that should do something about it but no, we'd rather suffer and smile. Las las we go dey alright!
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by cunicinni12: 5:30pm On Jan 31, 2021
We all got this information today the 31st of January 2021 about the full restoration of light in our area but we are still in total darkness. We all are guessing this is Ghana not Port Harcourt Rivers state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by TheStranger: 5:57pm On Jan 31, 2021
jaytime:

I believe it's not everywhere in Lagos. Besides the governor wouldn't do anything about it cos power supply is now a private sector thing and more of federal government concern. It's we the consumers who pay the bill that should do something about it but no, we'd rather suffer and smile. Las las we go dey alright!
shey u dey hear
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by COdeGenesis: 6:44pm On Jan 31, 2021
[quote author=cunicinni12 post=98597872][/quote]

There is light now. They just restored it
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by COdeGenesis: 6:44pm On Jan 31, 2021
changeskc:
Are u sure.
Is this info legit ?
Anyways, its a good one

There is light now. They have restored it
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by COdeGenesis: 6:48pm On Jan 31, 2021
[quote author=Moneywirer post=98596849]

Please Ensure you update us when power gets restored fully[/quote
It has been restored fully i guess. There has been light for over 1hr now
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by COdeGenesis: 6:48pm On Jan 31, 2021
cunicinni12:
We all got this information today the 31st of January 2021 about the full restoration of light in our area but we are still in total darkness. We all are guessing this is Ghana not Port Harcourt Rivers state.

There is light now. Which side do u stay
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by funkybroyouknow: 7:24pm On Jan 31, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Na crime to be a cheerful giver

No be crime, just misplaced priority. Your people are suffering and yet you're dashing money to another state, ndi ara.
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by handiriwamadi(m): 9:03pm On Jan 31, 2021
cunicinni12:
It all started from last year December 5th 2020 till date the half of Rivers state have being in total darkness without the help of the ministry of power of Rivers state and PHCN. The world can understand the hardship and the suffering of buying fuel everyday and the carbon monoxide
released to the air which is dangerous to both the children and the adults also coupled with the present back soothe in Rivers state. Must the people of Elelewon,Apajor,Eleme etc suffer in the hands of the big wigs,or political rascals, are the people not part if Rivers state anymore? The Governor should please weigh into this matter as soon as possible before the mentioned communities take laws into their hands. Let me also remind the people of Nigeria violence is not everything but good dialogue and understanding.
even pipe line off east-west rd, Rumuokwurusi since last year December till date no light.
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by changeskc: 10:04pm On Jan 31, 2021
We hv not seen in Akpajo ooo. Maybe its just ur side they restored. Even in Elelewon, no light till now
COdeGenesis:

There is light now. They have restored it

1 Like

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by mzTarsh(f): 11:43pm On Jan 31, 2021
Nwodosis:
Op, y
ou live in pipeline? ou didn't add Rumukwurishi and Iriebe. The power went off since on 12th Dec.2020 after heavy rain and we were thinking it was the rain that caused it. A week later the PHED guys came to our area in New Rumukwurishi and told us to guide our transformer that vandals have destroyed thier sub station at Elelenwo and that power will be restored on or before 7th Jan.2021. I believe their own calendar is yet to get to 7th Jan.2021.
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by cunicinni12: 2:23am On Feb 01, 2021
COdeGenesis:
It's a TCN(Transmission Company of Nigeria) issue so i heard. PHED buys electricity from suppliers, Generation Companies(AFAM). The TCN guys help transpor the electricity. The issue i got to understand is that they said some aboki guys in collaboration with some Rivers sate youths frm the community vandalized five of those big TCN towers,the one in the second picture, that carry High Voltage from the Gencos. So PHED is not at fault here. They cannot give you electricity because the people that supply them are having issues.They scattered the whole thing. When the TCN guys came to replace the vandalized towers, it was alleged that the community guys kidnapped one of them or so. But they are done now. When you hv not used your car for some time, you need to warm it well and there is a probability some parts might develop some issues. Same with electricity, when there hvnt been light for a long time, you need to warm the transformers by give short periods of supply intermittently before finally energizing them. They flashed a couple of times. They said they are patroling their lines to endure there is no fault and by monday they will restore

1 Share

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by mzTarsh(f): 12:34pm On Feb 01, 2021
Rumukwurushi pipeline no light... Not even flash
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by mzTarsh(f): 1:08pm On Feb 01, 2021
mzTarsh:
Rumukwurushi pipeline no light... Not even flash
They just brought the light
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by orisa37: 1:48pm On Feb 01, 2021
JUST TO DISCREDIT WIKE THE BEST GOVERNOR IN NIGERIA.
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by cunicinni12: 1:45am On Mar 15, 2021
cunicinni12:
This matter is serious here...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier / VP Osinbajo Visits Kaduna State / Buhari Never Made 100 Days Promise To Nigerians – Keyamo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.