Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,892 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 (14986 Views)

Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested / Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? / INEC Releases Final List For December 5 Bye-Elections Across 11 States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by Solkem: 8:06am On Jan 31, 2021
We Don buy fuel tire here in elelenwo though it's not all the part of elelenwo that is affected.the most annoying aspect is that those of us that don't have prepaid metres are being charged exaburent prices.they have atleast flashed it twice
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by htdot: 8:38am On Jan 31, 2021
Bofoy4:
Rivers is living on pass glory I keep on saying this.

The Government under wike is a big scam how can a state governor dash another state (kano) 50million to rebuit a burnt markt when 90% of his youth pop are idle, useless and unemploy, involving in cultism on daily basis.

Black out my foot.

Wike pls wake up from ur slumber b4 it late.

You can at least stay stay quiet if u don't have anything to stay. Isn't it the work of the FG to provide power?

1 Like

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by Sammy07: 8:41am On Jan 31, 2021
Rivers suppose to be the best state in South South.
What's wrong

1 Like

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by HighPriest86: 8:41am On Jan 31, 2021
It is
a. Elelenwo
b. Akpajo
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by RuMiRgO1stSon: 8:44am On Jan 31, 2021
ɢօɖ! tɦat's tօօ ɮaɦɦɖ ɮʊt ռօt as ɮaɖ as օʊʀ ċasɛ ɦɛʀɛ ɨռ ɮօʀռօ statɛ sɨռċɛ 2011 աɛ ռօ sɛɛ ʟɨɢɦt ʄօʀ օʊʀ ɦօʊsɛs as from ռɛքa/քɦċռ
քʀɛċɨsɛʟʏ ʍʏ ɖɛaʀ ʟɢa asҡɨʀa/ʊɮa �
ʍaʏ ɢօɖ ɦaʋɛ ʍɛʀċʏ օռ ʊs aʟʟ.
ɦaքքʏ sʊռɖaʏ

1 Like

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by htdot: 8:44am On Jan 31, 2021
143WaZoBia:

No men blame these governors too. You’re letting them get away with too much.
But during GEJ adm, you never blame the governors?

2 Likes

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by htdot: 8:49am On Jan 31, 2021
post=98596277:
......and there is a Governor in that state aight
You are a joke.....

1 Like

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by 2kurupt(m): 8:57am On Jan 31, 2021
Bofoy4:
Rivers is living on pass glory I keep on saying this.

The Government under wike is a big scam how can a state governor dash another state (kano) 50million to rebuit a burnt markt when 90% of his youth pop are idle, useless and unemploy, involving in cultism on daily basis.

Black out my foot.

Wike pls wake up from ur slumber b4 it late.

Fixed wink

The correct figure is 500 Million shocked
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by Clothingonline9(m): 9:04am On Jan 31, 2021
Like seriously
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by 2kurupt(m): 9:04am On Jan 31, 2021
COdeGenesis:
It's a TCN(Transmission Company of Nigeria) issue so i heard. PHED buys electricity from suppliers, Generation Companies(AFAM). The TCN guys help transpor the electricity. The issue i got to understand is that they said some aboki guys in collaboration with some Rivers sate youths frm the community vandalized five of those big TCN towers,the one in the second picture, that carry High Voltage from the Gencos. So PHED is not at fault here. They cannot give you electricity because the people that supply them are having issues.They scattered the whole thing. When the TCN guys came to replace the vandalized towers, it was alleged that the community guys kidnapped one of them or so. But they are done now. When you hv not used your car for some time, you need to warm it well and there is a probability some parts might develop some issues. Same with electricity, when there hvnt been light for a long time, you need to warm the transformers by give short periods of supply intermittently before finally energizing them. They flashed a couple of times. They said they are patroling their lines to endure there is no fault and by monday they will restore

Noted. The only problem I have with this explanation is the claim that ordinary "condemn iron" Aboki guys vandalized 5 towers... Haba that kind of lie by the TCN guys is preposterous.

It's obvious that they have saboteurs within their ranks else how will the vandals even identify a tower that is not powered up, talk more of having the equipment to dismantle such installation.

2 Likes

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by TheStranger: 9:05am On Jan 31, 2021
jaytime:
Same here in Lagos. Since December last year up until now, I'm sure I have seen light for up to 5 days cumulatively.
What is the governor doing about that?
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by TheStranger: 9:08am On Jan 31, 2021
htdot:

But during GEJ adm, you never blame the governors?
na so, before when bomb blast happen for bornu state na Jonathan go get the blame, now na governor's and service chiefs
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by chima47(m): 9:10am On Jan 31, 2021
The whole of Gokana L G A there has been no light since November, not even a flash of it.
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by htdot: 9:12am On Jan 31, 2021
TheStranger:
na so, before when bomb blast happen for bornu state na Jonathan go get the blame, now na governor's and service chiefs
The double standard... Protecting the culprit Buhari at all cost
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by cunicinni12: 9:14am On Jan 31, 2021
Governor Wike help us......
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by 2kurupt(m): 9:27am On Jan 31, 2021
kellybently:

AFAM community have been using light for free. The new manager ask them to pay for light they use. The youth went and vandalised the power station

As host community what's wrong if they're given free light?

Go to power host communities in Kainji and Goronyo at Niger and Sokoto States respectively and confirm they use free light too
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by Allen102: 9:29am On Jan 31, 2021
Sammy07:
Rivers suppose to be the best state in South South.
What's wrong
It is the best in south south. Which states in the south south that can match Rivers state?

2 Likes

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by kellybently(m): 9:30am On Jan 31, 2021
Taich:

Ok, let's say your claim is right, how can people who leave far away from Afam be part of a blame game you were trying to start? We have prepaid meters already loaded, like my own case I buy in bulk to prevent frequent recharges, so I have paid for a product since december and yet to be delivered. No interest on the money, put 50k in PiggyVest for 2months and see what you will have.
Please next time be careful on how you make claims as you may be called in a law court to explain better.
Is not only Afam that supplies light to Portharcourt, some other areas in Phc are doing well in terms of light, why are their towers not being vandalised like it is always the case with Afam?
If phed are tired light from Afam, they can change their customers lines or refund us our money.

Do you knw how many area Afam power plant is servicing. Eche. Rumukushi. woji. Elelewon Eleme ...etc
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by kellybently(m): 9:31am On Jan 31, 2021
macaranta:

Afam youths didn't do shiit, the lines were vandalized behind eleme Junction/oyigbo areas far away from afam community. Stop causing confusion

Stop saying what you don't knw.
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by kellybently(m): 9:34am On Jan 31, 2021
2kurupt:

Go to power host communities in Kainji and Goronyo at Niger and Sokoto States respectively and confirm they use free light too

because they are ask to pay. Is that why they should vandalize the plant. Now we are all buying fuel to power our gen.
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by 2kurupt(m): 9:36am On Jan 31, 2021
kellybently:

Stop saying what you don't knw.
The area where the TCN installation was affected is not located at Afam. Or do you think that's the only area they have power installations?
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by Trendy247: 9:37am On Jan 31, 2021
2kurupt:

If you need free light, tell afam to give u free light. You don't expect PHED, a private company to buy energy from Gencos and give you free of charge..

1 Like

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by 2kurupt(m): 9:39am On Jan 31, 2021
kellybently:

because they are ask to pay. Is that why they should vandalize the plant. Now we are all buying fuel to power our gen.

Guy, this particular issue was not caused by Afam youths neither was it done at Afam. Meanwhile it's almost fixed since they're testing already.

We're in the same boat
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by kellybently(m): 9:39am On Jan 31, 2021
2kurupt:

The area where the TCN installation was affected is not located at Afam. Or do you think that's the only area they have power installations?

Why is Afam. Obigbo Eche. Elelewon not having light?
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by 2kurupt(m): 9:43am On Jan 31, 2021
Trendy247:

If you need free light, tell afam to give u free light. You don't expect PHED, a private company to buy energy from Gencos and give you free of charge..
Nobody is asking for free light, am not even based there. All am saying is what is good for the goose is good for the gander.
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by kingreign(m): 9:47am On Jan 31, 2021
Taich:
Is a big disappointment even Phed has no answer to the situation, when called they will tell you that they don't have an idea when power will be restored.
Like I told them, in less than five years from now, if they are not careful, Phed case will be like that of Nitel.

You seems to have an in depth information on this issue. I have used all known channels to get the through picture of things all where giving half info, like I said earlier, people are gradually buying into the idea of living off grid. The more people come into it, the cheaper it will become. Gencos and Discos are on last lap of their monopoly, no one that has an alternative will endure what most of the affected residents are going through.

Another version of the story behind our darkness. The lady I spoke with in their office was sounding so disgruntled that I jejely went to petrol station. What have we not suffered,from contributing for transformer repairs, to replacing vandalised armour cables, to tipping Phed staff to fix our light fault. Our Armour cable theft stopped the moment we decided to be buying new by ourselves from the market as against paying Phed staff to replace and repair.

They should be happy. A large part of Southern Ondo (Ore, Okitipupa, Igbokoda, and Irele LGAs, etc) last saw national grid electricity supply 15years ago.

1 Like

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by kellybently(m): 9:54am On Jan 31, 2021
kingreign:

They should be happy. A large part of Southern Ondo (Ore, Okitipupa, Igbokoda, and Irele LGAs, etc) last saw national grid electricity supply 15years ago.

That is a good job opportunity for generator sales and service. Engine oil... etc
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by IGBOpigs(m): 10:07am On Jan 31, 2021
23HOURS ELECTRICITY IN MY LGA BIRNIN KEBBI.
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by kingreign(m): 10:08am On Jan 31, 2021
kellybently:

That is a good job opportunity for generator sales and service. Engine oil... etc

Due to the non supply of power to these regions, they have terribly lagged behind in development.
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by kellybently(m): 10:12am On Jan 31, 2021
kingreign:

Due to the non supply of power to these regions, they have terribly lagged behind in development.

You people should go out and vote for them again.
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by Taich(m): 10:27am On Jan 31, 2021
kingreign:

15years¿¿, I hope you are joking?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily / Nigeria Spent N4.7B To Import Umbrellas & Headgear In 3 Months / N255m Armoured Cars: Court Refuses To Stop Oduah’s Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.