Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name (3791 Views)

Hilarious Response A Girl Gave Her Ex BF / I Have Been Dumped By 3 Girls Cos I Refuse To Have Sex With Them / He Forced Me To Have Unprotected Sex With His Wife After Catching Me Red Handed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by kelechiodo(m): 12:36pm On Jul 04, 2007
I have been dating this Yoruba Girl for the past 6 months. Her name like that of our administrator is Seun, but I pronounce it 'Isi ewu' which in my language literally means Goat head. Recently she has been warning me about the murder of her name especially when one naughty friend of mine told her that I am calling her Goat head. I tried to correct myself but it only last for sometimes. Now she has carried out her threat. I wonder whether that was the only problem or is there something else that is happening I dont know of. Can inability of not pronouncing someone's name lead to break up. All the same, I hope someone will tell how I will be able to pronounce the name. I need your help.
Re: My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by uchetobi(f): 12:42pm On Jul 04, 2007
How does isiewu and Seun relate Even now you sound as if you are joking. Maybe she mistook you for a jokester alibaba. LOL. Not to worry. U’l get another girl. Make sure she is igbo this time. lol
Re: My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by iice(f): 2:12pm On Jul 04, 2007
I tire oh! grin How come in all the six months, you aren't close to pronouncing her name right? I can understand if initially you had problems but gradually over the course of time, it should get easier to roll off your tongue especially if you talk to her alot, introduce her to people. . .stuffs like that. undecided
Re: My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by kelechiodo(m): 2:45pm On Jul 04, 2007
Uchetobi: Please I'm not joking, I tried to correct myself but it just happened that my best wasn't good enough. I hope I wont restrict myself to Igbo ladies. Thanks
Re: My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by uchetobi(f): 2:56pm On Jul 04, 2007
maybe you should
Re: My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by arshy(m): 3:05pm On Jul 04, 2007
u are actuaaly abusing the babe,haha for heaven sake Goat Head.Thats bad,even if na mi,i go run
Re: My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by webmaster3: 4:58pm On Jul 04, 2007
i'll really advice you to stick with igbo chicks. Who knows what u'll call another yoruba girl when u meet one.
Re: My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by tasiana(m): 6:24pm On Jul 04, 2007
U no get case tongue
Re: My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by adeboo(f): 7:32pm On Jul 04, 2007
Maybe you should just give her a pet name.
Re: My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by igbonla(m): 9:00pm On Jul 04, 2007
Re: My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by ghengis(m): 9:25pm On Jul 04, 2007
What's in a name? It doesn't matter if it's goat head or chicken tail as long as you can deliver as the boyfriend

Yeah Right! I guess its just like ur gurl mis-calling your name as 'mumu' or 'mugu' there's nothing wrong in that so long as she is "can deliver as a gilfriend" crap!

@poster
There's no way i'm taking your post serious cos except u have some speech problems Seun cannot souund anything like Isi ewu, even a 3-year old German wont pronounce it like that!
Re: My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by tpia: 12:38am On Jul 05, 2007
what's so difficult to pronounce about Seun? Most people will mispronounce Seun as Sean/Shawn, not isi ewu. The girl was right to break up with you. Maybe you felt you were doing her a favor by dating her. She should have cussed you out as well. How can you claim to care about someone and be calling her a goat head.

Carry your tribalism elsewhere. If na Chinese/Russian name you no go get problem.
Re: My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by denex: 5:35am On Jul 05, 2007
If I can pronounce Ibo surnames like Oguejiofor I see no reason why any idiot should not be able to pronounce Seun. I also had a friend Amara, I had to learn to pronounce her twin's name Ndugbuaku MADUNEME. I never pronounced their father's name as MAD NAME, I called it Maduneme. And those were just my female friends. So I absolutely see no reason why you should be dissing your girlfriend. In fact, you're stupid!
Re: My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by DisGuy: 5:50am On Jul 05, 2007
kelechiodo:

Uchetobi: Please I'm not joking, I tried to correct myself but it just happened that my best wasn't good enough. I hope I wont restrict myself to Igbo ladies. Thanks

you should it'll make things better for you wink

denex:

If I can pronounce Ibo surnames like Oguejiofor I see no reason why any idiot should not be able to pronounce Seun. I also had a friend Amara, I had to learn to pronounce her twin's name Ndugbuaku MADUNEME. I never pronounced their father's name as MAD NAME, I called it Maduneme. And those were just my female friends. So I absolutely see no reason why you should be dissing your girlfriend. In fact, you're stupid!

shocked thank goodness for Gooodluck,godsgift,blessing and loads of biblical names
Re: My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by nguage(m): 6:05am On Jul 05, 2007
sounds like u never liked her. wetin hard for seun
Re: My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by kelechiodo(m): 2:09pm On Jul 05, 2007
Dennex: I believe you are too hard on me. Actually when I call the name it sounds "nsi wu". And the babe wouldn't have minded if not that my friend decided to be mischevious. And mind you when ever I introduce her to friends, it usually goes like this "Henry please meet the only occupier of my heart" or " meet my heart". With that, I allow the girl to introduce herself. And for a pet name, I call her "Ife mi", that is my love. So Dennex, I am not stupid. All the same, it is still a red card and every red card has an an expiry date and mine wont be an exception
Re: My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by texazzpete(m): 2:24pm On Jul 05, 2007
Actually, it's not too hard to pronounce Seun as Isi Ewu. i mean, I can't make that mistake, but they sound somewhat similar if you say it in a funny way. . .

n-guage:

sounds like u never liked her. wetin hard for seun

No. Sound like she never liked him. that's an extremely spurious reason to dump a guy. she couldnt have felt much for him anyways
Re: My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by Seun(m): 2:32pm On Jul 05, 2007
"Isi ewu". Hehehe. Just apologize and look for a different way to murder the name.
Re: My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by kelechiodo(m): 10:56am On Jul 06, 2007
Seun: I believe that you should consider banning some people or even deleting their mails. The idea of one using this forum to call someone stupid is not funny at all. If someone has a problem with his upbringing, let him not expose himself here. I 'm saying this because I don't like the idea of Denex calling me stupid. angry
Re: My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by ThoniaSlim(f): 1:03pm On Jul 06, 2007
@topic
lol, kidding right? because even someone with grammatic problem wouldn't pronounce it that way. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by Nicer(m): 1:44pm On Jul 06, 2007
ol boy, u are not stupid. but seriously, u committed a grievous error. I understand the babe perfectly. How can u claim to care for someone when u can't even be bothered to learn the pronunciation of her name? Even polish names with consonant clusters like 'Rczxyakpturgd' can be learnt!
Re: My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by Tileyiko: 4:19pm On Jul 06, 2007
grin grin grin
Re: My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by sillyboy(m): 4:30pm On Jul 06, 2007
@ Poster.

You seem so romantic to me. It's quite thoughtfull of you to call her goat head. I guess it's because you find goat head (isi-ewu) pepper soup delicious, so you were comparing her deliciousness to that of the pepper soup! I understand you (am very understanding grin cool).

Now this is what you do, try to explain to her that you are trying to let her know that she's as delicious as goat headpepper soup.
Re: My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:36pm On Jul 06, 2007
ha sillyboy na wa for you and your advice ohhh. grin
Re: My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jul 06, 2007
what a blunder

Look you are dating a girl from another tribe so mispronoucing her name as isi ewu and having you friend an fellow igbo guy interprete it as goat head will just make her suspicious

She obviously does not understand your local dialect

Its like being married to someone from another tribe and everytime he has friends or relatives over he starts speaking in his language. After a wihile she'll suspect she's being insulted.

Bros if this relationship was important to you you would have stopped this joke since haba! at least if her full name is Oluwaseun then call her OLU which you should be able to pronounce well
Re: My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by MP007(m): 12:58pm On Jul 07, 2007
she must be stupid, that aint love, u wouldnt believe that ladies love folks that have language problems, no english wahala ooooo grin
Re: My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by denex: 1:19pm On Jul 07, 2007
No matter how sincerely you will want to seem in this forum, I don't believe you did pronounce somebody's name like that. Let me tell you that since I was a kid, people have always pronounced my name wrong: NEJEEB. But none has done it on purpose because I'll know, and I bash your nose in. Hence those that were afraid of mispronouncing my name just X-ed the JEEB and that's how I became NEX. Or as many prefer, DENEX.

So don't come and try to sell a sorry story to us.

There is Seun, and there is Shehu. The first time I heard somebody interchange those names, I corrected the person just once and they got it right.

I do not see the relationship between Seun and Isiewu. Where did you get the first "I" from? How come you refused to acknowledge that the "S" is pronounced "SH " or didn't she ever pronounce the name to you? Did she keep correcting you by writing it on a piece of paper?

My friend, don't come here and waste cyberspace!
Re: My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by bluesky4(f): 8:22pm On Jul 07, 2007
how do u go from Nex to Denex

@ topic
i think u need to start pronouncing her name properly, its not that hard.
Re: My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 07, 2007
@Bluesky

that's easy

DE-- representing THE ie pidgin english for the word 'the' is 'd' or 'de'

so a NEX could easily become DENEX
Re: My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by denex: 11:10pm On Jul 07, 2007
yep. That's how NEX became DENEX
Re: My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by bluesky4(f): 11:40pm On Jul 07, 2007
yup that was easy grin
Re: My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by BIKINI(f): 5:43pm On Jul 08, 2007
grin just look for a cute and unique pet name 4 her ok?
she 'll like that for sure and start begging 4 forgiveness . if it was me ,i don't know if i'd have clonked your head first grin

but if u are just being stupid or mischievious,
methinks she shuld treat u stupid! cool kiss

(1) (2) (Reply)

For Guys Only, What Do You Like And Dislike In Girls? / Does Love Expire? / Nude Picture Of Rihana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.