Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,056 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

If Buhari Wins That Is The End Of Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Buhari Wins That Is The End Of Nigeria (7970 Views)

Nigerian Elections: What If Buhari Wins? By Max Siollun / Corrupt Leaders Will Flee Nigeria If Buhari Wins –okorocha / SEUN KUTI: If Buhari Wins And Is Pro-people, Then I Might Forgive Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Buhari Wins That Is The End Of Nigeria by Eziachi: 10:51pm On Apr 05, 2011
denko:

Let everybody clamouring for Buhari have it at the back of his mind that he will only rule the north. he has no more gun to intimidate people if loves democracy why did he overthrown democratic elected government infact BB support are daft.
There is every chance that when Buhari was the head of state your parents were still in primary school. So you can only believe what you were told.
Spreading fear over Buhari will not help the candidate of your choice but rather make him even more interesting. Ekwueme could not account for how he get the money to build himself a large brewery and Modotel chains of hotel and I don't think Shagari has any of those kind of wealth despite his ineptness.

Buhari govt even crated Umaru Dikko in London to come home to answer questions about corruption. Dikko is neither Igbo, Yoruba, Ijaw or Efik.
Mind you I am an Igbo man to the core.
Re: If Buhari Wins That Is The End Of Nigeria by kasiem(m): 11:16pm On Apr 05, 2011
Why was Ojukwu arrested? Why was ibb given a free hand to deal on drugs? Guy, dont be deceived by this yorubas supporting buhari because of bakare, they never supported him in past elections!
Re: If Buhari Wins That Is The End Of Nigeria by jason123: 11:30pm On Apr 05, 2011
kasiem:

Why was Ojukwu arrested? Why was ibb given a free hand to deal on drugs? Guy, dont be deceived by this yorubas supporting buhari because of bakare, they never supported him in past elections!

Why aren't they supporting Ribadu and Tinubu Food for thought!
Re: If Buhari Wins That Is The End Of Nigeria by ndu1988: 11:58pm On Apr 05, 2011
Voting for Buhari is tantamount to creating world and suicide.
Re: If Buhari Wins That Is The End Of Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 11:58pm On Apr 05, 2011
Eziachi:

There is every chance that when Buhari was the head of state your parents were still in primary school. So you can only believe what you were told.
Spreading fear over Buhari will not help the candidate of your choice but rather make him even more interesting. Ekwueme could not account for how he get the money to build himself a large brewery and Modotel chains of hotel and I don't think Shagari has any of those kind of wealth despite his ineptness.

Buhari govt even crated Umaru Dikko in London to come home to answer questions about corruption. Dikko is neither Igbo, Yoruba, Ijaw or Efik.
Mind you I am an Igbo man to the core.

May the elders live long on the land
Re: If Buhari Wins That Is The End Of Nigeria by Beaf: 12:13am On Apr 06, 2011
OAM4J:

I laugh at the hijacked Nairaland part grin grin grin

When majority of us were campaigning against the 'cabal' that wanted to scatter our constitution, no one hijacked Nairaland then.

Mr Clueless simply forgot the people that supported him to power and started dancing to the tune of his corrupt PDP Godfathers.

After spending billions of dollars in one year, what legacy has Jonathan has to his name? No better roads, electricity, healthcare services etc

We are simply saying 'No' to corruption and Godfatherism. Power belong to the people not to PDP godfathers.

Do a little research and you'll find you are fighting for the cabal now. LOL!!!
Find out where Turai, Ruma, Aliero etc now all are. cool

Bros! Unu go wound me o! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: If Buhari Wins That Is The End Of Nigeria by OAM4J: 12:27am On Apr 06, 2011
^^^Even if they are in CPC, they do not constitute a cabal in CPC.

They're prolly friendly with CPC cos they see CPC as the enemy of their enemy.

But when the time comes, all of them including lucky Joe will give account. cool
Re: If Buhari Wins That Is The End Of Nigeria by otokx(m): 12:28am On Apr 06, 2011
This election should come and pass quickly
Re: If Buhari Wins That Is The End Of Nigeria by Beaf: 12:32am On Apr 06, 2011
OAM4J:

^^^Even if they are in CPC, they do not constitute a cabal in CPC.

They're prolly friendly with CPC cos they see CPC as the enemy of their enemy.

But when the time comes, all of them including lucky Joe will give account. cool

Thats funny, dude. A cabal is a cabal anywhere. They are fully in control of CPC and Buhari is a mere passenger, keep your ear to the ground.
Haven't you heard of the numerous meetings Buhari has been having with the Ciroma's and Northern Stakehoders? Use google and restrict the result to ACN's paper, the nation. . . For a "healthy" dose of goose bumps. grin
Re: If Buhari Wins That Is The End Of Nigeria by OAM4J: 12:45am On Apr 06, 2011
^^hahahahahaha. . . am not buying it dude, thats too cheap to be real grin
Re: If Buhari Wins That Is The End Of Nigeria by ektbear: 12:48am On Apr 06, 2011
OAM4J:

^^hahahahahaha. . . am not buying it dude, thats too cheap to be real  grin

Run, the boogeyman cabal is chasing after you!
Re: If Buhari Wins That Is The End Of Nigeria by timbuktwo: 12:54am On Apr 06, 2011
^^^

he's been chasing shadows for the past few weeks now grin grin grin
Re: If Buhari Wins That Is The End Of Nigeria by Beaf: 3:44am On Apr 06, 2011
OAM4J:

^^hahahahahaha. . . am not buying it dude, thats too cheap to be real grin

I gave you an ACN website to check, just to show it isn't a GEJ camp thing. Dude, press the button and convince yourself. cool
After, you've gone through what The Nation says, gather as many names of cabal members you know. . .Find out what party they have joined; also, deduce what it is they are running from.

LOL!!!
Re: If Buhari Wins That Is The End Of Nigeria by Nicklee(m): 3:48am On Apr 06, 2011
@OP: Please go and face your studies. Considering the grammar in your post, you are probably still in primary six, or you really have a long way.

tonesky:

I took my time to read all the comments to the posters topic, undoubtably all contributions are beautiful. But one legacy that lasts long is the law of Karma. Do unto others what u would like others to do to u. Buhari is good in his own way,GEJ is equally good in his own way without being sentimental and nepotism,ethinicity apart what Nigerians need is good leadership and nothing less than that not minding where u come from.The truth about Nigeria is that president can come from anywhere so long as he/sheis Nigerian that is the only thing that can keep Nigeria together.
But coming to Buhari's issue, SIN these days is wait and take.History is always there.Buhari is a toothless bull-dog without his own initiative but inquisitive in nature. He's always let us go but when he gets there he loose his senses.Idiagbon was the man on ground during his time not him. When he contested in 2003 with the late Chuba Okadigbo as running mate,he was more of let us do this or that but on ground he will retreat that how lured Dr.Chuba Okadigbo into the protext that took his life. Tunde Bakare should learn from OKADIGBO. To cap it up Buhari truncated democracy in 1983 paving way for the misrule of IBB and Abacha proving that he is an enemy of democracy so it is natural equity and justice that he can not come to power again through thesame process he dislikes. if he is so desperate to rule again may IBB did not give him chance achieve his aim,then he can peacefully commit suicide and die to re-incarnate,then we will believe him and vote for him.

Where is the logic in this piece?
Re: If Buhari Wins That Is The End Of Nigeria by EzeUche(m): 4:02am On Apr 06, 2011
I agree with the OP.
Re: If Buhari Wins That Is The End Of Nigeria by Nobody: 4:42am On Apr 06, 2011
Re: If Buhari Wins That Is The End Of Nigeria

So what you are saying is Nigeria can get any worse than this? Lol cheesy. No security, no electricity,etc So it can get any worse than this? Buhahaha
Was reading an article, where most countries were trying to get their citizens out of Libya, whereas some Nigerians have been stopped by immigration from going into Libya, a country that is at the brink of civil war. Which is to say the mentality of many Nigerians is that anywhere else is better than this PDP administration.
Abacha regime no kill you, IBB no kill you, even this PDP trashy government (that is enough to make you question God why Nigeria of all places to make you a national of) did not kill you, it is now that Buhari wants to enter you people are now having mouth? If at all Buhari enters and does crap, as usual you people would do NOTHING grin.

Let me see as Nigeria can end with our national character of suffering and smiling. cheesy Na today we begin dey talk of ending Nigeria, buhahaha. grin
Re: If Buhari Wins That Is The End Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 4:51am On Apr 06, 2011
I am shocked to find those who have been crying for the dissolution of Nigeria agreeing with the @OP, yet not then making the decision to vote Buhari so they can finall y get their desire  sad sad sad
Re: If Buhari Wins That Is The End Of Nigeria by Nobody: 4:55am On Apr 06, 2011
^^^Lol, that's a good way of putting it. grin
Re: If Buhari Wins That Is The End Of Nigeria by Nobody: 5:11am On Apr 06, 2011
EzeUche:

I agree with the OP.

Kobojunkie:

I am shocked to find those who have been crying for the dissolution of Nigeria agreeing with the @OP, yet not then making the decision to vote Buhari so they can finall y get their desire  sad sad sad

Ouch!! grin grin grin

Are you minding EzeUche. Sometimes, I think the dude doesnt know what he really wants out of Nigeria. cheesy
Re: If Buhari Wins That Is The End Of Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 5:24am On Apr 06, 2011
Posted by: Ileke-IdI

Ouch!! grin grin grin

Are you minding EzeUche. Sometimes, I think the dude doesnt know what he really wants out of Nigeria.

Most of the younger generation Igbos would prefer that Nigeria disintegrates because it is not working for them. However, even a greater proportion including myself are hoping that it works, at least to justify all the loss in human life and other wastes. The older generation like Eziachi stopped believing in Nigeria in 1967.  The younger ones are hoping that he is wrong, while he is hoping to say "I told you so!".

Kobojunkie's observation is r-etarded.  cool undecided cool
She wouldn't understand something like the difference between peaceful disintegration and violent disintegration.
Ezeuche's fear is the latter.

My fear is that Buhari can make the country HELL (like Abacha), even while preventing a peaceful disintegration. So, in essence, we may have to fight another war again, while kobojunkie runs away with another Aboki. angry angry
Re: If Buhari Wins That Is The End Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 5:29am On Apr 06, 2011
Onlytruth:

Most of the younger generation Igbos would prefer that Nigeria disintegrates because it is not working for them. However, even a greater proportion including myself are hoping that it works, at least to justify all the loss in human life and other wastes. The older generation like Eziachi stopped believing in Nigeria in 1967.  The younger ones are hoping that he is wrong, while he is hoping to say "I told you so!".

She wouldn't understand something like the difference between peaceful disintegration and violent disintegration.

My fear is that Buhari can make the country HELL, even while preventing a peaceful disintegration. So, in essence, we may have to fight another war again, while kobojunkie runs away with another Aboki. angry angry

You are one crazy -- FLIPFLOPPING ALL OVER THE PLACE  . .  maga-farrra . . . . ROFLMAO!!  . .  Now you want it to be peaceful disintegration with no violence?? ROFLMAO!!! I always wonder how people like you cope in life . . . does anything ever go well for your kind  . . . never taking a solid stand . . .

PS. Read Eziachi there telling you to vote for Buhari . . .  ROFLMAO!!!
Re: If Buhari Wins That Is The End Of Nigeria by Nobody: 5:30am On Apr 06, 2011
Onlytruth:

My fear is that Buhari can make the country HELL, even while preventing a peaceful disintegration. So, in essence, we may have to fight another war again, while kobojunkie runs away with another Aboki. angry angry

KoboJunkie's view is not re-tarded.
She assumed that if one prefers Nigeria's disintegration, then one ought to take action to see that their preference leaves the alley of darkness to see the day.

So why not vote for Buhari that would make the separation easier?

Wouldnt a sensible person agree?

Why come on NL to tell us that you want Nigeria to separate, but yet not taking that one chance to make it happen? I dont get it. Plz, Sai Buhari, no?
Re: If Buhari Wins That Is The End Of Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 5:32am On Apr 06, 2011
Ileke let me ask you a question; would you prefer a peaceful disintegration or a violent one? It is really that simple.
Re: If Buhari Wins That Is The End Of Nigeria by Nobody: 5:34am On Apr 06, 2011
Onlytruth:

Ileke let me ask you a question; would you prefer a peaceful disintegration or a violent one? It is really that simple.

The answer to that question is quite obvious.

But why do you ask? Do you think GEJ is a peaceful resolution?
Re: If Buhari Wins That Is The End Of Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 5:36am On Apr 06, 2011
This is why your type do not believe that Ojukwu did EVERYTHING he could to avoid war in 1967.
He actually did. That is why he is respected and loved by those who know the truth.
Idiots call him "war lord", without knowing how much he tried to save his people from the agony of war.

We are his disciples.  cool
We must exhaust all peaceful options before considering war.
That is part of why Buhari is bad. He would only leave us one option -WAR.

Just be prepared.
Re: If Buhari Wins That Is The End Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 5:39am On Apr 06, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

The answer to that question is quite obvious.

But why do you ask? Do you think GEJ is a peaceful resolution?

Go check im archives . . . this nwa anumanu has been preaching dissolution since tay tay . . . im no worry then whether e go be peaceful ooo . . . today we tell am say im suppose vote Buhari since im bin dey want dissolution  . . . na today im go consider whether the dissolution go dey peaceful or not . . . ROFLMAO!!! see yeye !!! lol

Ojukwu warrior my arse . . . No mind am oo!!! Ojukwu supported Babangida for President . . . this thing make all kin excuses for why it had to be IBB. Imagine the nonsense who supported IBB, of all people for president, now yarning okpata !!!
Re: If Buhari Wins That Is The End Of Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 5:39am On Apr 06, 2011
@topic,

I really think the OP is spot on.
However, that is part of why I believe that Buhari WILL NEVER win this election, because the powers that be know this fact. Every other thing is irrelevant.
Re: If Buhari Wins That Is The End Of Nigeria by ektbear: 5:40am On Apr 06, 2011
Onlytruth:

So, in essence, we may have to fight another war again, while kobojunkie runs away with another Aboki. angry angry

Hold on a second. Kobojunkie, are you married to an aboki?  grin Somehow I imagined you to be a tall, single woman in her late 30s, early 40s. . . grin tongue wink
Re: If Buhari Wins That Is The End Of Nigeria by Nobody: 5:41am On Apr 06, 2011
Onlytruth:

This is why your type do not believe that Ojukwu did EVERYTHING he could to avoid war in 1967.
He actually did. That is why he is respected and loved by those who know the truth.
Idiots call him "war lord", without knowing how much he tried to save his people from the agony of war.

We are his disciples.  cool
We must exhaust all peaceful options before considering war.
That is part of why Buhari is bad. He would only leave us one option -WAR.

Just be prepared.

Excuse me, dont mean to be rude, but what exactly is the point of what you just posted?

I believe we have been preparing for a while, but the inconsistency in  decision-making  shown by "some" Pro-disintegration makes it hard to take "some" seriously. I believe another "Pro-Disintergration" WILL be highly welcomed, just start ASAP so that Nigerians dont have to have this discussion frequently.
Re: If Buhari Wins That Is The End Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 5:43am On Apr 06, 2011
I am not even related to an Hausa person, let alone  married to one  . . ,   These bigoted morons need to make me an entity from the side of 'the enemy'(this changes so often too) so they can be happier with in their stupidity!!! ROFLMAO!!

Dude, I am not anywhere near late 30s or 40s . . . I expect you would focus on discussions and not my person as I don't think that should matter in a DISCUSSION FORUM!!!
Re: If Buhari Wins That Is The End Of Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 5:43am On Apr 06, 2011
@ekt_bear

So you didn't know?
She ran away with aboki at the age of 19 in 1969.  cool
That is why she sometimes reason like a headless viper.

Curses follow all those bi-eeches who fled with the violators of Igboland. cool cool cool
Re: If Buhari Wins That Is The End Of Nigeria by efisher(m): 5:46am On Apr 06, 2011
Good friends of Nigeria, I am happy about the 'cabal' talk we have started here. It seems we have identified that these are the real enemies of Nigeria. Let us try something here.

If you cast your mind back a few weeks, you may remember this story about Sanusi "How We Fought Vested Interests in the Power & Energy Sector". In that story, Sanusi talked about some very powerful players including some in the generator and diesel cartel. These guys have thrown every obstacle in the way of the government in order to frustrate the power sector reforms effort. This is a link to the story: [url]http://indepthafrica.com/nigeria/headlines/how-we-fought-vested-interest-in-power-sector-reforms-%E2%80%94-sanusi/#[/url]
I have asked a question on several threads: WHO ARE THE KEY PLAYERS IN THIS CARTEL THAT ARE FIGHTING AGAINST THE POWER / ENERGY SECTOR REFORMS FOR THEIR SELF INTERESTS ALONE?

Here is the challenge: Based on the above , I hereby challenge every well meaning Nigerian (Irrespective of the candidate you support) to prove to Nairalanders (with evidence) where these individuals have their allegiance. Prove to every Nigerian:

1. Who is the cabal/cartel Sanusi referred to is supporting?
2. Is GEJ for, part of or against this cabal?
3. Has GEJ compromised or agreed to any terms to allow them continue plundering our economy?
4. Are these guys are out to topple GEJ in order to stop his efforts at power sector reforms amongst other efforts?

If we truly mean well for Nigeria, let us take up this challenge. Xray the key players supporting each candidate and tell us what their interests are. Run a background check on the key players in the cartel and trace where their support has been going. Find out which of them has refused to drop his/her interest and vowed to stop the government. Let's use our intelligence to conduct this investigation for the good of Nigeria. If you have an insider, try also to find out the exact people who Sanusi was referring to in that report.

If we can come to a reasonable conclusion, we all should support the candidate who is against this cabal and is in support the reforms we desperately need.
Let's leave out the aspect of whether or not any candidate can be influenced or pressured because our aim is to vote against this cabal. Our perception of any candidate is not enough to conclude on whether or not the cabal can have an influence on him. If they are as powerful as we are made to believe, then it is an issue. The challenge is open to all. Let the challenge begin!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Ibrahim Babangida Dead? / Rochas Okorocha Celebrates His 54th Birthday Today / National Mourning: Photo Of Buhari Removing Late COAS Cap From His Head.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.