Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,746 members, 7,809,844 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

Men And Women Are Equal! - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men And Women Are Equal! (7157 Views)

Men And Women Divorce Over Sex Starvation / Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo / Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by WesleyanA(f): 5:21am On Jul 20, 2006
Zahymaka:

'Sure,' he winked. 'Lots of pretty girls.'

And it's true. . . grin grin

so he's doing it for the "pretty girls"? lol grin
I agree. men do nursing but i think it's rare. I've never met one undecided

well, I wonder what females are going into engineering for? j/k smiley
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by Zahymaka(m): 5:23am On Jul 20, 2006
If it were left to me, I'd recruit all the intelligent ladies I can find into the IT industry. We need more women in there.
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by WesleyanA(f): 5:26am On Jul 20, 2006
shocked
I know i don't take calculus or any advanced math like that but I do get colleges and programs in my school actively recuiting too!!!
esp. WPI and NYIT.
Now i feel bad for the girls who do take advanced math. I bet they'll be bombarded w/ emails and letters.
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by Zahymaka(m): 6:06am On Jul 20, 2006
Well, I'm sure you could put up a good defense if you wer e asked to. Advanced Math isn't everything. When I was in secondary school, after my friend Tope and a few other guys, it was all the girls who led the rest of us in Further Maths embarassed embarassed.

Hey, Wesley, how come you no longer sign into AIM?
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by WesleyanA(f): 7:47am On Jul 20, 2006
Zahymaka:

Well, I'm sure you could put up a good defense if you wer e asked to. Advanced Math isn't everything. When I was in secondary school, after my friend Tope and a few other guys, it was all the girls who led the rest of us in Further Maths embarassed embarassed.

Hey, Wesley, how come you no longer sign into AIM?

See, if the girls can led guys in further math, it means they're capable of becoming equally good programmers. j/k  tongue

I usually don't use it late at night 'cause no one's on. I'll start leaving it on, my bad.
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by Zahymaka(m): 9:27am On Jul 20, 2006
WesleyanA:

See, if the girls can led guys in further math, it means they're capable of becoming equally good programmers. j/k tongue

You don't need to 'j/k'. Sometimes ladies are better at certain things, when they put their minds to it. It depends on the individual -- not the gender.
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by Viper(m): 1:13pm On Jul 20, 2006
Zahymaka:

You don't need to 'j/k'. Sometimes ladies are better at certain things, when they put their minds to it. It depends on the individual -- not the gender.

is a lie jo! How many women have you seen doing lumberjacks? angry
Women have their roles, men have theirs. Ours is for tougher-bone wrecking tasks.
Women weren't built for rough things, why do you think you chics look "softer"? cheesy
even the female body builders, compared to their male counterparts, look "softer". grin
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by Zahymaka(m): 3:56pm On Jul 20, 2006
I don't know why you're that biased. My aunt can split wood better than my Dad -- and my Dad's very strong. She's a very gentle lady, but I always try not to get on the wrong side of her. I'm sure she'll disprove your point.
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by kellorah: 3:57pm On Jul 20, 2006
Zahymaka:

I don't know why you're that biased. My aunt can split wood better than my Dad -- and my Dad's very strong. She's a very gentle lady, but I always try not to get on the wrong side of her. I'm sure she'll disprove your point.
lol. true
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by Viper(m): 4:29pm On Jul 20, 2006
Zahymaka:

that she can split wood better than your dad doesn't mean she can do most of what your dad can do.
Your dad might just have decided to leave that core to her, it doesn't mean he can't do it better if he wants to.
On asecond thought, its all about the skill and strength to carry out the art.
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by kellorah: 4:31pm On Jul 20, 2006
sometimes, males can do things better,sometimes women can do things better.
some gay guys can do things better than straight guys and vice versa!
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by Viper(m): 4:35pm On Jul 20, 2006
kellorah:

sometimes, males can do things better,sometimes women can do things better.
some gay guys can do things better than straight guys and vice versa!

lol
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by IAH(f): 7:57pm On Jul 20, 2006
goodguy:

To round off my talk, in defence of my past 'unseriousness', I will like you to know that I was a year older just 9 days ago.

Happy Belated Birthday!!! cool You didn't tell us on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by diddy4(m): 8:08pm On Jul 20, 2006
@wesly
he was saying he cud take a test with a headache so i gave him one to take. ppl sometimes open there mouth without proper reasoning. cool
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by goodguy(m): 8:21pm On Jul 20, 2006
diddy4:

@wesly
he was saying he cud take a test with a headache so i gave him one to take. people sometimes open there mouth without proper reasoning.  cool

And what makes you think I (goodguy) can not take a Calculus test, even with a very terrible headache?   You don't know me, therefore, you shouldn't imply such definitive statements.

I guess your last statement actually applies to you.

IAH:

Happy Belated Birthday!!! cool You didn't tell us on Nairaland.

Thanks jare.
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by diddy4(m): 8:29pm On Jul 20, 2006
i believe u were the one dat bragged about taking a test with headache and getting an A in it right? i dont have time for this. happy bday by the way.
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by goodguy(m): 8:45pm On Jul 20, 2006
I never bragged about it. I never brag. I wouldn't even have talked about it, if you didn't mention that it was due to your headache that you couldn't defend a statement that you made.

I also do not have time for this. Thanks by the way.
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by Zahymaka(m): 9:51pm On Jul 20, 2006
Viper:

that she can split wood better than your dad doesn't mean she can do most of what your dad can do.
Your dad might just have decided to leave that core to her, it doesn't mean he can't do it better if he wants to.
On asecond thought, its all about the skill and strength to carry out the art.

Some creature. . . undecided
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by Nia: 12:22am On Jul 21, 2006
I don't even understand why we aim to keep a particluar gender down. Society benefits when every member is allowed to realize his or her full potential and use her or his talent and skills in whatever area she/he wishes to.
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by Nutter(m): 2:19am On Jul 21, 2006
Biblically, the man is the head. However, this doesn’t mean that women should be treated shabbily or as inferiors. In my opinion, women make a far greater contribution to the dynamics of our social environment than men can ever hope to make. On this basis, women should be given maximum respect. They remain the necks that turn the heads. As someone once said:

The weaker sex is the stronger sex because of the weakness of the stronger sex for the weaker sex.

In the end, aside from biblical sources, a woman has made the distinction between men and women very clear. Her name is Mother Nature.
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by Viper(m): 2:35pm On Jul 21, 2006
Nutter:

Biblically, the man is the head. However, this doesn’t mean that women should be treated shabbily or as inferiors. In my opinion, women make a far greater contribution to the dynamics of our social environment than men can ever hope to make. On this basis, women should be given maximum respect. They remain the necks that turn the heads. As someone once said:

The weaker sex is the stronger sex because of the weakness of the stronger sex for the weaker sex.

In the end, aside from biblical sources, a woman has made the distinction between men and women very clear. Her name is Mother Nature.

All those wans na tori.(story)
The weaker is stonrger and stronger get weak and weakness gets strong. na lie. cheesy
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by Nadine20(f): 7:27am On Aug 01, 2006
Yes men and women are equal when it comes to basic human rights. We have the right to be treated fairly and be given the same opportunites. But I can't agree that women are the head of the household, because if that were the case God would have made Eve first and then made Adam. And then said Woman shall be head of household, but he didn't. He made it clear how the order of things would be. God, man, woman, children, extended family, friends, animals, etc. That's just the way it is. No matter how much some woman want to disagree, arguing who is more equal is a losing battle. We are both equal as I've said before, but man is head of household and also stronger physically than women. It doesn't mean they should mistreat women, or that women should mistreat men. It's just the simple order of things. You can take it or leave it.
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by Viper(m): 9:11am On Aug 01, 2006
Nadine20:

Yes men and women are equal when it comes to basic human rights. We have the right to be treated fairly and be given the same opportunites. But I can't agree that women are the head of the household, because if that were the case God would have made Eve first and then made Adam. And then said Woman shall be head of household, but he didn't. He made it clear how the order of things would be. God, man, woman, children, extended family, friends, animals, etc. That's just the way it is. No matter how much some woman want to disagree, arguing who is more equal is a losing battle. We are both equal as I've said before, but man is head of household and also stronger physically than women. It doesn't mean they should mistreat women, or that women should mistreat men. It's just the simple order of things. You can take it or leave it.

I love this post. wink
Ladies/feminist/girls/women read this and learn angry
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by WesleyanA(f): 5:46am On Aug 02, 2006
it's true and she's right.  wink
her first two sentences are the most important part though.  tongue
(at least to me)
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by Seun(m): 4:10pm On Aug 02, 2006
You are going to accept insignificance because of fairy-tales that some chauvinistic Israelite prophets wrote? In that case, you deserve your miserable insignificance, ladies. Go and get married and breed for your husbands/lords!
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by mamaput(f): 9:36pm On Aug 02, 2006
Something that makes me laugh.
A good friend i have has a son that is married. He is very aggressive.When ever they have a fight and call the mother , she will sympathize with the girl and tell her son off.
But later she tells me if that was her daughter , she would have packed her out of that house.
Women always make the same two mistakes,
They raise their sons to be that way.
They think they can change a man.
The way you start something is the way it will go on. (as you make your bed)
I will never let myself into that kind of a relationship.
Head my foot.
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by dblock(m): 12:36pm On Oct 08, 2006
Women were formed out of the ribs of men, so therefore they must be in some way not too equal
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by Seun(m): 12:54pm On Oct 08, 2006
Women were not created from the ribs of men. That's just a myth that was written by some prehistoric men.
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by somegirl(f): 4:06pm On Oct 08, 2006
Seun: Women were not created from the ribs of men.

I agree: That story is unlikely to be true. And even if it was it could also be interpreted in a way that makes men inferior to women (which I don't believe).
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by goodguy(m): 5:49pm On Oct 08, 2006
Perhaps, that verse was never meant to be interpreted literally.
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by macalurs(m): 6:12pm On Dec 08, 2006
There is no equality in every sense when it comes to gender. there are somethings one can, the other cannot.

It's absurd to say that women were created out of a man's rib. It's like saying man is made from dust. Actually the reverse would sound at-least believeable if they say men were made from women's ribs.

I believe in balance. Women and men aren't equal in all areas. In an area one's stronger, in another, the other is.
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by Christino(m): 8:49pm On Dec 08, 2006
For where, the same bible said the Husband is the head of the home. shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Am Staying / "I Started Having Sex With My Daughter Because I'm Not Her Biological Father" / SAD! Pears Baby Lotion Reigning Queen Somkeme Chukwuka Eze Dies At 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.