Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,585 members, 7,827,174 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Men And Women Are Equal! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men And Women Are Equal! (7194 Views)

Men And Women Divorce Over Sex Starvation / Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo / Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men And Women Are Equal! by IAH(f): 2:33pm On Jun 29, 2005
After God made Adam, then he made Eve. He took bone from Adam's side.

If he had taken the bone from Adam's leg, then he meant Eve to be under Adam. If he had taken bone from Adam's head then he meant Eve to be above Adam, but he took the bone from his side which means a man and a woman should be equal whether in the home, school, work or place of worship.

So all of you who think a woman should be under you (especially your wife), know that you are sinning against God. Chauvinists and feminists, what say you?

I advocate equal rights for men and women in every aspects of life.

1 Like

Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by Greatpeter(m): 2:51pm On Jun 29, 2005
I disagree with you expecially in the biblical aspects of it. The bible says "Husband is the head of the family as Christ is the head of the Church. So if a man says is the head of his family is not sinning but only enjoying God's given position and responsibilities. He has got to care for the family. Women are helpers.
The bible says "If any man is unable to feed his family is worth than an infidel.
  Husbands are the heads of their family hence the responsibilities of taking care of the family rests on him, but woman is a helper.
  That you are campaigning for woman equality with Man does not change the word of God. Study your bible very well. May be your own bible is different from the one I have I might not know. It isn't a sin for a man to claim headship or lordship ohf his family. Sarah called Abraham "My Lord"
So, change your orientation.

1 Like

Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by Seun(m): 4:16pm On Jul 10, 2005
I believe that men and women are unique. I can compare a particular woman with a particular man and tell you that I value the woman more or vice versa. It depends on the individual. However, discrimination against women as a group is uncalled for.

Women suffer a lot of unfairness simply because (as a group) they allow and even promote injustice against their gender. Women themselves are prejudiced against other women, unlike men who are happy to support their own. For example, an average Nigerian man would love to have a boy child, and if you ask the woman you discover that she has the same preference!

Women don't fight against gender prejudice because they enjoy some of the effects of the inequality. They enjoy not having to take part in bloody warfare, and they enjoy not being blamed when things go wrong because by taking the supporting role they can avoid ultimate responsibility.

Whatever a woman does wrong she will claim it is ultimately the man's fault because he is "the head".
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by Chxta(m): 4:50pm On Jul 10, 2005
As long as there are 2 human beings on this planet, you'll always have a seniour partner and a juniour partner. Men and women are not equal.
Who is the seniour partner in any given couple is a question best answered by that couple.
Please stop asking general questions.
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by kazey(m): 5:01pm On Jul 10, 2005
equality and differences are totally different. Man can never be equal to women, just like the same way you cant be equal to your friend in that sense. We all have our differences, and also the compromise to accept natural status is required to ensure stability in this world.

Just imagine women being forced to go to war!! Just like men are, when a code red is issued! or even dont you like to be treated by men, the gentleman way as in "Ladies First" in things like seat offerings, door entry etc?

If you dont feel comfortable that way, then i suppose you dont appreciate your natural gender.
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by cushman(m): 7:07pm On Sep 18, 2005
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than the others grin
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by DEKING3(m): 7:42pm On Sep 18, 2005
Here we go again about this gender palavar. I know it's pretty difficult for some female folks to bear the fact that God created man to be the head. If it were possible, they could challenge God to change some things He created coz to them, it's unfair but the funny thing is that God created all this things and said all things He created are good.

Pls don't get me wrong, I'm not promoting females injustice and would never.

God created man first, and gave him charge and then He created the woman to help him.
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by WesleyanA(f): 9:28pm On Sep 18, 2005
men and women are equal.
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jan 02, 2006
absolutely right
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by Seun(m): 1:40am On Jan 03, 2006
Yes, men and women are equal. But they tend not to want the same things or respond the same way to life's challenges. Bummer!
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by WesleyanA(f): 5:35am On Jan 03, 2006
"Gender equality does not mean that men and women become the same, but that their opportunities and life chances are equal."
In short, gender equality means that women and men enjoy the same status.
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by Outkast(f): 3:28am On Jan 06, 2006
I'll agree with the statement that women are helpers but that's as far as I'll go.
Women were sent as divine superior help not inferior help. There's a saying that goes behind every succesful man, there is a woman. The man might be the head, but without the neck, the head will not move.
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by chrisd(m): 4:44pm On Jan 06, 2006
Thay are equal but not the same
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by virozuru(f): 12:41am On Feb 18, 2006
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by Seun(m): 12:49am On Feb 18, 2006
I disagree with the idea that the woman is just "a helper". Eve might have been a helper for Adam, maybe, but that doesn't mean all women are helpers and nothing more. Men can be helpers and encouragers too if they so desire, instead of just acting as commanders. I believe that a woman has the right to pursue her own "selfish" goals and be supported by her man. Her goal in life should not be limited to "helping" the man to achieve his own selfish goals in life.
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by EvilSlayer(m): 12:51am On Feb 18, 2006
What do you mean by equal ? if you mean rights and privileges then yes men and women are equal.But let's not forget  there's still a lot men can do that women still can't do, forget all the political correctness these days.I would hate to sound like some chauvinistic pig, but men and women are  not equal.
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by Seun(m): 12:58am On Feb 18, 2006
The issue of what men can do or what women can't do isn't important, here. Afterall, men can't carry pregnancies. <snip>]

I think what we are saying is that when a woman says "I want to achieve this", men should be able to support her instead of discouraging her just because she happens to be a woman. If she says, "I want to be president" and people say "no", let it not be just because she's a woman. Let her not be mistreated or denied or repressed or opposed just because she happens to be a woman.
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by Grizzly(m): 1:09am On Feb 18, 2006
Holy crap, come to my hood and c for urself the kind of women there, i pity they husbands, lol
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by allonym: 1:10am On Feb 18, 2006
Hmm. . men and women are equal. . . until its time to lift a 100lb load.
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by nferyn(m): 1:29am On Feb 18, 2006
I'm too lazy for a long argument, so you'll have to stick with the short version without the notes and references. grin

The qualities men and women posses are not distributed among their populations in similar manners. There are much more extremes among men. If you would look at all truly exceptionally intelligent people, you'll see far more men than women (even after smoothing out the consequences of unequal opportunity). On the other hand, there are also far more extremely dumb men than women. The retard women are far and in between. To find retard men though, you don't have to look very far grin

Does this mean anything for the individul? No, absolutely not. There are no levels of achievement (except physical ones) that are unattainable for women and the same goes for men, of course.
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by Grizzly(m): 1:36am On Feb 18, 2006
Anywhere i go, there's Prof. nferyn wid some new stuff
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by IAH(f): 1:38am On Feb 18, 2006
So this topic is still alive. cheesy cheesy cheesy

I think some people misunderstood me. I'm not talking in terms of physical feats like lifting loads cheesy, not even carrying pregnancy. Neither am I saying there should be power struggle in the home. If you read my first post, I said I advocate equal rights for both men and women. The right to life, right to freedom of speech, right to be what you want to be, right to stand among men, right to be on top, right to stand while peeing cheesy cheesy just kidding in short all rights accorded to men. OK?
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by allonym: 1:40am On Feb 18, 2006
And what right is it that men have that women don't?
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by EvilSlayer(m): 1:47am On Feb 18, 2006
Women still can't be combat solders.Hey IAH do you belong to one of those feminist groups ? them women are so annoying,just like the animal right people( PITA.)
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by IAH(f): 1:50am On Feb 18, 2006
Why are they annoying to you? I don't belong to any group.
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by EvilSlayer(m): 1:52am On Feb 18, 2006
LMAO, have you ever seen them holding one of their peace rallies, the hold up traffic for hours.
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by allonym: 3:33am On Feb 18, 2006
I think the ultimate right they want is the right to get ONLY the rights they want
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by nikinash(f): 8:27am On Feb 22, 2006
women and men are not equal because God created the man to be head over the woman however that does not in any way mean that the woman should not have the right to be whoever she wants to be.
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by Seun(m): 11:11am On Feb 22, 2006
Argh.
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by nikinash(f): 1:39pm On Feb 22, 2006
Argh what undecided
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by Seun(m): 4:29pm On Feb 22, 2006
The stranglehold of religion. You are not allowed to contradict the bible. sad
Re: Men And Women Are Equal! by nikinash(f): 8:43am On Feb 23, 2006
why would i want to contradict what i believe?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Men Feel After Divorce? / Having Ur Husband Niece Stay With U, Wat Are The Challenges And Ways Out? / What Are The True Virtues For A Successful Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.