Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,510 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control (28394 Views)

Incitement And The 2023 Polls - Segun Awosanya (Segalink) / Segun Awosanya Withdraws From EndSARS, Declares Movement An Insurrection / Akin Alabi's Tweet About SEGUN AWOSANYA Segalink, That Put Him In Trouble (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by Mynd44: 6:59am On Feb 07, 2021
Previous thread: https://www.nairaland.com/6402487/endsars-lcc-repossesses-lekki-toll

Yesterday at the Lagos State Judicial Panel on Restitution for victims of police brutality and other related matters, the panel voted 5-4 in favor of returning the toll gate to Lekki Concession Company (LCC) after the company filed an another application for it to be returned. What surprised a lot of people is the the self styled convener of EndSARS, Segun Awosanya (Segalink) voted in support of returning control of the toll gate to LCC as it was believed that with his stance on youth activism, he will vote on holding on until the panel is concluded or atleast some submitions are made

Lekki Toll Gate Opening.
Votes Against LASG:

- Ebun Olu- Adegboruwa
- Olorunrinu Oduala
- Temitope Majekodunmi
- Patience Patrick Udoh

Votes for LASG

- Justice Doris Okuwobi (Rtd)
- Taiwo Lakanu DIG (Rtd.)
- Lucas Koyejo
- *Segun Awosanya(Sega)
- Mrs. Oluwatoyin Odusanya
https://twitter.com/dondekojo/status/1358127359493341189?s=19

He responded to comments generated by the public thus:

Those weaponizing the mob and emotionally confusing the public are those painting the wrong picture of an alleged vote between LCC & the Youth. This is not the situation. Those resorting to gaslighting are toying with you. Read the ruling ��
https://twitter.com/segalink/status/1358188776472870916?s=19

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by BassReeves: 7:01am On Feb 07, 2021
Mynd44:
Previous thread: https://www.nairaland.com/6402487/endsars-lcc-repossesses-lekki-toll

Yesterday at the Lagos State Judicial Panel on Restitution for victims of police brutality and other related matters, the panel voted 5-4 in favor of returning the toll gate to Lekki Concession Company (LCC) after the company filed an another application for it to be returned. What surprised a lot of people is the the self styled convener of EndSARS, Segun Awosanya (Segalink) voted in support of returning control of the toll gate to LCC as it was believed that with his stance on youth activism, he will vote on holding on until the panel is concluded or atleast some submitions are made

https://twitter.com/dondekojo/status/1358127359493341189?s=19

He responded to comments generated by the public thus:

Those weaponizing the mob and emotionally confusing the public are those painting the wrong picture of an alleged vote between LCC & the Youth. This is not the situation. Those resorting to gaslighting are toying with you.
Read the ruling
https://twitter.com/segalink/status/1358188776472870916?s=19
An example of gaslighting. If a boyfriend knows that his partner is very close with her parents, and he tries to disrupt that relationship, it could be gaslighting. He might try and poison the way his partner feel about her parents by creating lies. Maybe he'll say that his partner's mother told him something upsetting.

Now what has 'gaslighting' have to do with all this, for SegaLink to be hiding behind the word? Where is the 'gaslighting' in all of this? You voted in support. Stand by your vote. C'est fini!

121 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by helinues: 7:02am On Feb 07, 2021
grin grin

What surprised a lot of people is the the self styled convener of EndSARS, Segun Awosanya (Segalink) voted in support of returning control of the toll gate to LCC as it was believed that with his stance on youth activism, he will vote on holding on until the panel is concluded or atleast some submitions are made

That's is very interesting. Segalink is a traitor and a betrayer.

That's in wailers voice

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by bigeliot(m): 7:05am On Feb 07, 2021
I don't understand, as in the toll gate should return and continue extorting? What has this panel achieved sef? Make una no blame me o, I no dey follow up since. That gate should be uprooted and buried. Gate of blood

222 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by daddytime(m): 7:09am On Feb 07, 2021
When they should have been ending corruption, bad governance, nepotism, incompetence and insecurity, they were busy chasing shadows of endings sars that would have naturally happened had the former (s) mentioned being at the heart of the clamouring.

The bebeye human has unsurprisingly resorted to deliberately spewing amd hiding behind his incomprehensible jargons to further confuse his followers and minions.

I'm not surprised one bit.

18 Likes

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by IamWonderful: 7:09am On Feb 07, 2021
ok
Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by seunmsg(m): 7:14am On Feb 07, 2021
I see nothing wrong in Segalink’s decision. Four other people also voted to return the toll gate to LCC so what’s the fuss?

LCC is a corporate entity with staff, creditors and other responsibilities to cater for. Why is nobody thinking about the staff and other responsibilities of the company? Did LCC commit any crime at the top gate scene to warrant a complete shut down of their business? The company is even a victim in all of these as far as I’m concerned. We can’t shut down a company’s business forever out of sentiment.

While the panel continue to sit, the company just like every others should go back to their normal business. When the panel is done, government should implement their recommendations.

111 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by younglleo: 7:14am On Feb 07, 2021
5yrs Twitter account for sale
Make una no mind Sega, sega don dey see money from the jagaban of lagos

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by Mynd44: 7:14am On Feb 07, 2021
bigeliot:
I don't understand, as in the toll gate should return and continue extorting? What has this panel achieved sef? Make una no blame me o, I no dey follow up since. That gate should be uprooted and buried. Gate of blood
Toll gates everywhere in the world are there to generate money for infrastructure and maintain those you already have.

All over the world toll gates exist and they serve well. The presence of toll gates does not point to extortion. I believe the government should actually concession major highways and let the companies raise tolls to generate their funds back. That will increase the quality of road and also provide a better road network in Nigeria.

As to Lekki Tollgate, it is a "crime scene", LCC commit any crime so why punish them in perpetuity? Remember that there are also Nigerians who are employed at the tollgate

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by Maxymilliano(m): 7:15am On Feb 07, 2021
Segalink was never in support of the Endsars protest ... So no surprise here

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by buckeyemedia: 7:15am On Feb 07, 2021
bigeliot:
Was that useless endsars protest about Lekki Toll Gate, What concerns Lekki toll gate, if not your passionate bigotry hate for Jagaban Tinubu ?, of all the assets in Lagos State belonging to the Federal & State Government Airports, Ports, Alausa, NPA House Marina, it is Lekki toll gate were money is collected these criminals went to? & the irony is that 95% of the so called endsars protesters don’t live on the island, secondly the remainder 4% don’t even have cars, so what is their business with toll gate? Busybodies.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by Nobody: 7:15am On Feb 07, 2021
MONEY YAFF EXCHANGE HANDS AND POCKET.
MOST OF THESE ACTIVIST WILL BE WORSE THAN BUHARI IF GIVEN POWER.. ORDINARY TO DO THE RIGHT THING, BABA IS BLOWING GRAMMAR LIKE SIREN

78 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by capitalzero: 7:16am On Feb 07, 2021
He called the protests insurrection and few days later government treated protests as such. He had issue with feminists coalition even before the protests. They argued over sundry issues- trump election, dbang
rape case etc. Feminists hijacked the protests because they were providing aids-medical, legal etc- to the protesters in many states.
Sega believes in advocacy while some other leading figures in protests believe in protests.
He is a member of x generation-lost generation. Xgen are conservatives unlike millennial (y) gen who are aggressive. Most protesters belong to y gen while most people ruling the country belong to xgen- they are conservatives.
Caveat: there are always to exception to every rule.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by janedonez(m): 7:16am On Feb 07, 2021
Aww

1 Like

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by Fixey: 7:17am On Feb 07, 2021
Here
Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by FlordFlorez(m): 7:17am On Feb 07, 2021
shocked
Dunno what could make him take this decision.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by Fixey: 7:17am On Feb 07, 2021
Mynd44:

Toll gates everywhere in the world are there to generate money for infrastructure and maintain those you already have.

All over the world toll gates exist and they serve well. The presence of toll gates does not point to extortion. I believe the government should actually concession major highways and let the companies raise tolls to generate their funds back. That will increase the quality of road and also provide a better road network in Nigeria.

As to Lekki Tollgate, it is a "crime scene", LCC commit any crime so why punish them in perpetuity? Remember that there are also Nigerians who are employed at the tollgate

As usual government apologist and APC stoggee please point us to toll gates around the world inside the city... Collecting tolls and it's financial situation aren't publicly diclosed

Amount it cost to fix the road

Loan to be repaid to the creditors

The amount paid monthly and the percentage of the monthly tools that goes into that

Amount left to be paid and number of years it will take to complete payment

IF YOU CAN ANSWER THIS. OR THE LAGOS STATE COMMISSIONERS OF FINANCES IN THE A PAST 12 YEARS CAN ANSWER THIS PUBLICLY I WILL BUY YOU A BOTTLE OF WINE

IF YOU CAN'T, PLEASE STOP COMMENTING ON ISSUES YOU DON'T HAVE SOUND KNOWLEDGE ABOUT. CAUSE ALL YOU TYPED ABOVE IS CLEAR WHITE WASHING OF EXCESSIVELY EXACTING ON PEOPLE

IN EVERY 12 THERE'S ALWAYS A JUDAS... WE KNOW THE ONE'S THAT STAND FOR THE GENERATION AND THE ONE'S WHO ARE TO WHITE WASH AND BEHAVE AS OMOLUABI

ONE DAY MAY GOD GIVE YOU A NORMAL MIND AND HEART

PEACE

101 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by joinpreneur(m): 7:17am On Feb 07, 2021
It is well.
Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by helinues: 7:18am On Feb 07, 2021
Maxymilliano:
Segalink was never in support of the Endsars protest ... So no surprise here

He was initially but backed out after FG disbanded SARS

8 Likes

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:18am On Feb 07, 2021
Those weaponizing the mob and emotionally confusing the public are those painting the wrong picture of an alleged vote between LCC & the Youth. This is not the situation. Those resorting to gaslighting are toying with you. Read the ruling ��
No matter what, Wailers will always wail.
It is in their DNA.
Fortunately, there is nothing we can do about it.

We moveeeee

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by Flier: 7:18am On Feb 07, 2021
bigeliot:
You mean they should not collect the money they used to construct the road? Or pay the investors or creditors
Black man with black brain,so if one investor help us to sort out our bad road problem or electricity problem,you will tell him not to erect toll gate or sell prepaid?
Nonsense! The toll gate must return until the investors are fully paid,that is how it’s done in developed world.

21 Likes

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by BassReeves: 7:19am On Feb 07, 2021
seunmsg:
I see nothing wrong in Segalink’s decision. Four other people also voted to return the toll gate to LCC so what’s the fuss?
I don't either

4 Likes

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by CodeTemplar: 7:19am On Feb 07, 2021
he did well. the tollgate happens to be a crime scene and has little to do with LCC if not for their cover up of the events of that night. The army will be happy now because it is as good as a closure to the saga for them.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by TitanzStudio(m): 7:20am On Feb 07, 2021
am not surprise That Nigeria for u

2 Likes

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by Emily22(m): 7:20am On Feb 07, 2021
Nigeria, I can never and will never sacrifice anything for this country...

Because those you believed you are fighting for (70%) will go against you at the end.

R.I.P to those that died during the #endsars stunt, they wasted their lives for nothing.... Absolutely nothing......

Few days after the whole shit, all ya Endsars influencers were clamouring for twitter verification (blue stars).

Few days after, we all moved on leaving the parents of those that died during the campaign to carry their burden..
I rem people talking about mental health on Twitter, diz are clowns that did not step a foot outside there home throughout the campaign..

About Sega, the guy is like a cutlass with two sides, don't be surprised if they offer him a political position in the nearest future..

.I guess he is a lagosian and you guys expect him to go against Lagos....During the Endsars, he was careful with his nonsense vocabularies in order not to provoke those at the top.

Please don't mention me...today is Sunday...let's keep it holy

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by ALISMILE(m): 7:20am On Feb 07, 2021
Any reasonable well-meaning lagosian will support the return of commercial activity at the lekki tollgate.
That's a place where millions ofnaira is generated daily for road maintenance and other government obligation.

Most people clamoring for it's outright scrap are not lagosians and they should focus on thier respective states

11 Likes

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by Duridadi: 7:20am On Feb 07, 2021
grin...Next

1 Like

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by iambabaG: 7:21am On Feb 07, 2021
As baba don loose relevance..
The thing dey pain am for body.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by OkutaNla: 7:22am On Feb 07, 2021
Na dem sabi. Make dem cancel diasef.

3 Likes

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by chukwuibuipob: 7:23am On Feb 07, 2021
grin grin sad guy man don go collect.He cannot kill himself.Sunday IGBOHO still the best for now.Fear Sege banza grin

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by CodeTemplar: 7:23am On Feb 07, 2021
Mynd44:

The problem with our own tollgate is corruption. Unique corruption. Take a look at PHCN has increased bill led to improved service? That's what we risk if we allow hurriedly formed suite case companies actually owned by govt officials run tollgates. They will use inflates contract to kill the effectiveness of the tollgate.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Last Photos Of Yakowa & Azazi / Okupe To EFCC: I’ve Heart Problem, Please Don’t Detain Me / "Tormentor Of Muhammadu Buhari" - Reno Omokri's Twitter Profile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.