Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,344 members, 7,843,016 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control (28435 Views)

Incitement And The 2023 Polls - Segun Awosanya (Segalink) / Segun Awosanya Withdraws From EndSARS, Declares Movement An Insurrection / Akin Alabi's Tweet About SEGUN AWOSANYA Segalink, That Put Him In Trouble (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by Opexzy: 7:23am On Feb 07, 2021
An average Nigeria can not think for himself... An average Nigerian is influenced by majority opinions even if its insane... Ask them while they are dragging this man for his honest opinion; they will start spewing emotionally inclined garbage.

All over the world tollgates are being operated and nobody seems to raise a brow about it, simply because it's normal.. Should we now turn Lekki Tollgate to a shrine where ritual rights will be performed to appease the phantom 78 masacred protesters.

LCC is a company that have employees, why then should we continue to block the source of income of people because some of us can't just reason for ourselves.

Enough of this heard-mentality, it's sickening and it's not a positive indicator of progressive minded people.

4 Likes

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by buckeyemedia: 7:24am On Feb 07, 2021
southniyikaye:
MONEY YAFF EXCHANGE HANDS AND POCKET.
MOST OF THESE ACTIVIST WILL BE WORSE THAN BUHARI IF GIVEN POWER.. ORDINARY TO DO THE RIGHT THING, BABA IS BLOWING GRAMMAR LIKE SIREN
You ain’t any better, actually he is the Top Bunch, whilst you are the Munch Bunch.

2 Likes

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by juman(m): 7:24am On Feb 07, 2021
Yeah.

Lekki Tollgate should return back to business.

1 Like

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by obiekunie2: 7:25am On Feb 07, 2021
ndi SW. . . grin grin

carry their matter for head at your own risk...

them go soon throw that fulani hunter under the train by themselves! cheesy cheesy
Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by hush15: 7:25am On Feb 07, 2021
Mynd44:
Previous thread: https://www.nairaland.com/6402487/endsars-lcc-repossesses-lekki-toll

Yesterday at the Lagos State Judicial Panel on Restitution for victims of police brutality and other related matters, the panel voted 5-4 in favor of returning the toll gate to Lekki Concession Company (LCC) after the company filed an another application for it to be returned. What surprised a lot of people is the the self styled convener of EndSARS, Segun Awosanya (Segalink) voted in support of returning control of the toll gate to LCC as it was believed that with his stance on youth activism, he will vote on holding on until the panel is concluded or atleast some submitions are made

https://twitter.com/dondekojo/status/1358127359493341189?s=19

He responded to comments generated by the public thus:

https://twitter.com/segalink/status/1358188776472870916?s=19

Panel of none effect. I dey wait for their conclusion whether it will shake heavens or just another timewaster.

They will probably award a few sum of money here and there but they can't do anything to the military, they can't do anything to the governor wey constitute them, they can't do anything to anything except make them give those offended small change.

At that panel, I expect them to convict then disband the toll gates but that's wishful thinking abi na

2 Likes

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by daddytime(m): 7:25am On Feb 07, 2021
Maxymilliano:
Segalink was never in support of the Endsars protest ... So no surprise here

He Wasn't happy that he didn't get to be the face and at the forefront of the protest.

He was pissed at the competition and decided to play the spoiler.

It is usually about them and how they can milk a situation to further benefit their personal greeds.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by Nobody: 7:32am On Feb 07, 2021
KEEP YOUR RANTING TO YOURSELF, I HOLD NO POLITICAL POST AND I HAVE INTEGRITY, ASK AROUND
buckeyemedia:
You ain’t any better, actually he is the Top Bunch, whilst you are the Munch Bunch.
Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by chukwuibuipob: 7:32am On Feb 07, 2021
Mynd44:

Toll gates everywhere in the world are there to generate money for infrastructure and maintain those you already have.

All over the world toll gates exist and they serve well. The presence of toll gates does not point to extortion. I believe the government should actually concession major highways and let the companies raise tolls to generate their funds back. That will increase the quality of road and also provide a better road network in Nigeria.

As to Lekki Tollgate, it is a "crime scene", LCC commit any crime so why punish them in perpetuity? Remember that there are also Nigerians who are employed at the tollgate
U are on point.Nobody said they shouldn’t toll gate.Do U know how much commuters pay daily on that road? Why not reduce common man suffering.A 50/100 Naira is still reasonable
Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by Chirowman(m): 7:33am On Feb 07, 2021
Sometimes when I hear people call Activism or Activist I laugh because it doesn't exist in Nigeria .all wants to cash out with Activism with the big opportunity in activism , activism is second Cash cow for those that knows the business and they cash out in millions either From Government or donation.all this one chance activist garnering 15 minutes Fame and money. May God protect us from unknown enemies

4 Likes

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by Nobody: 7:36am On Feb 07, 2021
daddytime:

Wasn't happy that he didn't get to be the face and at the forefront of the protest.

He was pissed at the competition and decided to play the spoiler.

It is usually about them and how they can milk a situation to further benefit their personal greeds.
Exactly. That petty midget was very unhappy that the protesters stopped calling him left, right, centre. That's why he started talking against the protest. He's done well for himself. I hope Jagaban greased his palms very well, for all it's worth. undecided
Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by seunmsg(m): 7:36am On Feb 07, 2021
hush15:

Panel of none effect. I dey wait for their conclusion whether it will shake heavens or just another timewaster.

They will probably award a few sum of money here and there but they can't do anything to the military, they can't do anything to the governor wey constitute them, they can't do anything to anything except make them give those offended small change.

At that panel, I expect them to convict then disband the toll gates but that's wishful thinking abi na

What exactly do you want the panel to do to the governor and the military?

1 Like

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by RexTramadol1: 7:37am On Feb 07, 2021
Shey make dem go kill am because he voted ni for return of LCC ni

Cos I don’t understand why we should be sentimental about things that require common sense

1 Like

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by Basher8583: 7:39am On Feb 07, 2021
chukwuibuipob:
grin grin sad guy man don go collect.He cannot kill himself.Sunday IGBOHO still the best for now.Fear Sege banza grin

Why are you Igbos attracted to iliterates

1 Like

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by greenguy: 7:41am On Feb 07, 2021
Segalink that never supported it's convening at Lekki toll gate in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by Myer(m): 7:42am On Feb 07, 2021
bigeliot:
I don't understand, as in the toll gate should return and continue extorting? What has this panel achieved sef? Make una no blame me o, I no dey follow up since. That gate should be uprooted and buried. Gate of blood

Was the purpose of the endsars protests against Lekki Tolls?
Why should operations not be restored?

Segalinks has done nothing wrong here.

1 Like

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by Basher8583: 7:43am On Feb 07, 2021
CodeTemplar:
The problem with our own tollgate is corruption. Unique corruption. Take a look at PHCN has increased bill led to improved service? That's what we risk if we allow hurriedly formed suite case companies actually owned by govt officials run tollgates. They will use inflates contract to kill the effectiveness of the tollgate.

Stop looking for excuses.
What has LCC or Leki toll gate got to do with Endsars. Who asked you idiots to camp there if not for ulterior motives.

Everything to you is corruption since you are naturally corrupt.
I pray they increase the toll so you all suffer for the damages done to the infrastructure.

3 Likes

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by walozanga(m): 7:44am On Feb 07, 2021
Fixey:

As usual government apologist and APC stoggee please point us to toll gates around the world inside the city... Collecting tolls and it's financial situation aren't publicly diclosed

Amount it cost to fix the road

Loan to be repaid to the creditors

The amount paid monthly and the percentage of the monthly tools that goes into that

Amount left to be paid and number of years it will take to complete payment

IF YOU CAN ANSWER THIS. OR THE LAGOS STATE COMMISSIONERS OF FINANCES IN THE A PAST 12 YEARS CAN ANSWER THIS PUBLICLY I WILL BUY YOU A BOTTLE OF WINE

IF YOU CAN'T, PLEASE STOP COMMENTING ON ISSUES YOU DON'T HAVE SOUND KNOWLEDGE ABOUT. CAUSE ALL YOU TYPED ABOVE IS CLEAR WHITE WASHING OF EXCESSIVELY EXACTING ON PEOPLE

IN EVERY 12 THERE'S ALWAYS A JUDAS... WE KNOW THE ONE'S THAT STAND FOR THE GENERATION AND THE ONE'S WHO ARE TO WHITE WASH AND BEHAVE AS OMOLUABI

ONE DAY MAY GOD GIVE YOU A NORMAL MIND AND HEART

PEACE

YOU ARE YOUR FATHERS SON

2 Likes

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by Fixey: 7:44am On Feb 07, 2021
walozanga:

YOU ARE YOUR FATHERS SON

Thank you Sir
Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by bewla(m): 7:47am On Feb 07, 2021
BassReeves:
An example of gaslighting. If a boyfriend knows that his partner is very close with her parents, and he tries to disrupt that relationship, it could be gaslighting. He might try and poison the way his partner feel about her parents by creating lies. Maybe he'll say that his partner's mother told him something upsetting.

Now what has 'gaslighting' have to do with all this for SegaLinks to be hiding behind the word? Where is the 'gaslighting' in all of this? You voted in support. Stand by your vote. C'est fini!
Well am not well informed

was the parnel for end Sarz or for closing of lekki tollgate

why close it in the first place
I believe it was was just a rally point when we thought we have something to fight for which is
ENDSARS

if this it then his vote got nothing to do with lekki opening

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by Ayobami7(m): 7:48am On Feb 07, 2021
注意
Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by MrNipplesLover(m): 7:50am On Feb 07, 2021
That tollgate must not function till the end of this world.

No more stupid tollgate fee/ticketing.

If that tollgate reopens, lagosians must reject and protest.

We must not gree for that gate to be functioning.

#SayNoToLekkiTollgate. angry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by MrNipplesLover(m): 7:51am On Feb 07, 2021
bigeliot:
I don't understand, as in the toll gate should return and continue extorting? What has this panel achieved sef? Make una no blame me o, I no dey follow up since. That gate should be uprooted and buried. Gate of blood

God bless u abundantly.
Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by Jostoman: 7:53am On Feb 07, 2021
But they should not worry the day of judgement is coming and for segalink we are not surprised because Yoruba are full of trators
Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by fabianiyobosa(m): 7:55am On Feb 07, 2021
Mynd44:

Toll gates everywhere in the world are there to generate money for infrastructure and maintain those you already have.

All over the world toll gates exist and they serve well. The presence of toll gates does not point to extortion. I believe the government should actually concession major highways and let the companies raise tolls to generate their funds back. That will increase the quality of road and also provide a better road network in Nigeria.

As to Lekki Tollgate, it is a "crime scene", LCC commit any crime so why punish them in perpetuity? Remember that there are also Nigerians who are employed at the tollgate

Which infrastructure has Lagos state government built with the proceeds from the toll gate? Name 5!

3 Likes

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by Mitsurugi(m): 7:57am On Feb 07, 2021
post=98822377:

No matter what, Wailers will always wail.
It is in their DNA.
Fortunately, there is nothing we can do about it.

We moveeeee

Yes! Moveeeee back into the kitchen where you belong.

2 Likes

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by CodeTemplar: 7:57am On Feb 07, 2021
Basher8583:

Stop looking for excuses.
What has LCC or Leki toll gate got to do with Endsars. Who asked you idiots to camp there if not for ulterior motives.

Everything to you is corruption since you are naturally corrupt.
I pray they increase the toll so you all suffer for the damages done to the infrastructure.
Your father the king idiot maker should be asked if tollgate is suppose to switch off cameras and lights before army starts shooting?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by lakefist(m): 7:58am On Feb 07, 2021
seunmsg:
I see nothing wrong in Segalink’s decision. Four other people also voted to return the toll gate to LCC so what’s the fuss?

LCC is a corporate entity with staff, creditors and other responsibilities to cater for. Why is nobody thinking about the staff and other responsibilities of the company? Did LCC commit any crime at the top gate scene to warrant a complete shut down of their business? The company is even a victim in all of these as far as I’m concerned. We can’t shut down a company’s business forever out of sentiment.

While the panel continue to sit, the company just like every others should go back to their normal business. When the panel is done, government should implement their recommendations.

I see nothing wrong too.

3 Likes

Re: Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control by Fixey: 7:59am On Feb 07, 2021
Opexzy:
An average Nigeria can not think for himself... An average Nigerian is influenced by majority opinions even if its insane... Ask them while they are dragging this man for his honest opinion; they will start spewing emotionally inclined garbage.

All over the world tollgates are being operated and nobody seems to raise a brow about it, simply because it's normal.. Should we now turn Lekki Tollgate to a shrine where ritual rights will be performed to appease the phantom 78 masacred protesters.

LCC is a company that have employees, why then should we continue to block the source of income of people because some of us can't just reason for ourselves.

Enough of this heard-mentality, it's sickening and it's not a positive indicator of progressive minded people.

Comment only on issues you have adept understanding of Oga

And stop guilt tripping people for having sound doctrines which you seemingly lack

point us to toll gates around the world inside the city... Collecting tolls and it's financial situation aren't publicly diclosed

Amount it cost to fix the road

Loan to be repaid to the creditors

The amount paid monthly and the percentage of the monthly tools that goes into that

Amount left to be paid and number of years it will take to complete payment

IF YOU CAN ANSWER THIS. OR THE LAGOS STATE COMMISSIONERS OF FINANCES IN THE A PAST 12 YEARS CAN ANSWER THIS PUBLICLY I WILL BUY YOU A BOTTLE OF WINE

IF YOU CAN'T, PLEASE STOP COMMENTING ON ISSUES YOU DON'T HAVE SOUND KNOWLEDGE ABOUT. CAUSE ALL YOU TYPED ABOVE IS CLEAR WHITE WASHING OF EXCESSIVELY EXACTING ON PEOPLE

Please tell us the intracity toll gates around the world whose financial. Books are completely closed

Just 2 please

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2023: Rochas Okorocha Declares bid To Run For President / Kwankwanso Says He Won't Be Any Candidate's Vice, Says He Is Sure Of Winning / How God Used Fayose To Pronounce Me Speaker – Dogara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.