Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,133 members, 7,845,760 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis (25229 Views)

Amaechi: My Presidential Aspiration Not A Personal Ambition + Why I'm Contesting / COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu / Time Will Tell On My Position In APC, Says Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by JooEeL(m): 12:45am On Feb 08, 2021
Say what you like, he's still better than Wyke

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by Seyzcham91(m): 12:45am On Feb 08, 2021
you get it! they don't care for us

we are worthless to them

he just express what and how a typical Naija politician is to us

Nonsense and Politicians serving themselves and pocket in the guise of serving the people
viyon02:
Indirectly saying he can't compromise his position for his people. My people that is just the mind set of every politicians in this country, evil men with evil minds.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by jaxxy(m): 12:45am On Feb 08, 2021
Does that make any sense? This unofficial oath of silence can destroy the country. Everybody must speak bt constructively.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by Simplyleo: 12:46am On Feb 08, 2021
OneTemplate:

Why are some of you so unreasonable? It is like many of you have never had a responsible job or position in your life. How can you be in a government and be openly rebellious against it?

Can you be critical of your boss and his company daily and still be drawing salary from him monthly?

I see a lot of Nigerians making this demand on the likes of Osinbajo, Amaechi etal without them realizing they are just being as lawless as the rest of our society.

Anyone who remains part of the PMB government cannot attack it. They must resign first to be able to do that.
OneTemplate:

This is the most critically intelligent response so far. Amaechi and others who want to criticize the Government have to first remove themselves from same government by resigning.

It is not tenable to openly and publicly undermine a government you are part of. It is not done. Resign and then be free to take a stand against the government.

Do you guys expect a lecturer to be criticizing and attacking his university from the lecture podium daily?
Since the day Buhari became president elect, nairaland ceased to be a place for reasonable and educative discussions. Stop wasting your time explaining the acceptable conduct of anyone in position. To them, everyone in govt should talk like the albino fraudster hiding in London.

Additionally, from comments, it is no brainer that most of them dont have any reasonable formal appointments either in the govt or private sectors.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by Tonero231: 12:48am On Feb 08, 2021
You are right Mr. Amaechi. U are just observing table manners. It is not good to talk while eating

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by Beey(f): 12:54am On Feb 08, 2021
We know you are tied. You have sacrificed your voice on the altar of greed and money. That’s why you cannot point out societal evils for what they are. You’d rather turn a blind eye & look the other way, because you cannot afford to offend your master. Such a shame! It’s like our African leaders have been bewitched. My native Kenya is no better!
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by JackStephans(m): 1:03am On Feb 08, 2021
butterfly777:
Then resign

With that, you make a huge statement about yourself and the government.
who? Amaechi? Hmmm
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by Sleekfingers: 1:11am On Feb 08, 2021
thatigboman:
didnt u see govt officials disagree in public with trump. Highest he would sack them

he should resign first, before making such comments......

The issues about the farmers and herders crisis is a very sensitive issue.....,

so the governors all need to come out and do the necessary.....just like what benue state governor said....but sadly most of those governors aint talking.......

Yes, he is the minister,,,,,he can talk to buhari behind close doors......u dont espect him to take side.....he is the minister of the federal republic of nigeria, not a southern minister.....

buhari should come out and address the issues.....but he is playing deaf and dumb.....yeye president........e

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by OpinionCounts(m): 1:30am On Feb 08, 2021
thatigboman:
didnt u see govt officials disagree in public with trump. Highest he would sack them

Sane government officials even resign when they are convinced that things are not going right.

Nigerian politicians are just dead men walking.
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by BobbyZrealist(m): 1:36am On Feb 08, 2021
OneTemplate:

Why are some of you so unreasonable? It is like many of you have never had a responsible job or position in your life. How can you be in a government and be openly rebellious against it?

Can you be critical of your boss and his company daily and still be drawing salary from him monthly?

I see a lot of Nigerians making this demand on the likes of Osinbajo, Amaechi etal without them realizing they are just being as lawless as the rest of our society.

Anyone who remains part of the PMB government cannot attack it. They must resign first to be able to do that.

That guy is right.
Sycophancy is ingrained in our DNA here in Nigeria.
How many officials resigned from Trump's cabinet? Because they disagreed with him on certain issues.
Even in some African countries they do so.

So since they won't resign?
Out of greed and selfishness.
They should STFP, now and forever.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by onuman: 1:44am On Feb 08, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

https://www.independent.ng/my-position-as-minister-wont-allow-me-comment-on-herdsmen-crisis-amaechi/

But your private jet is ready waiting to smuggle you out of Nigeria any day Fulani of Islamic Sharia criminal justice system with its Herdsmen and ISWAP/Boko Haram overruns all of Nigeria.

Mr See nothing and Say nothing.

That’s OBJ at Kuje prison under Abacha gulag. OBJ escaped death by a whiskers. Your kin, Ken Wiwa, couldn’t.

Kwontinue.

Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by Yankee101: 1:48am On Feb 08, 2021
Then you better not come contesting for president
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by ddeola: 1:51am On Feb 08, 2021
These are the sycophants in Buhari's govt who cannot tell Bubu the truth. Your people dey wait for you after this govt so kontinuu...in Madam Patience voice. sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by onuman: 1:52am On Feb 08, 2021
saheedbadmus:
The only thing I have to say is that Iya mbe fun gbogbo eyin arije ninu madaru asaju (leaders ).. you people only care about your self family and pocket.. u all care less about the masses being killed day by day by these so called herdsmen

Amaechi and Wike are in a contest for which of them shall serve the interest of Arewa better in order to be crowned a VP or even president in 2023.
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by cococandy(f): 2:01am On Feb 08, 2021
If your position can’t let you say the truth what good is it?

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by vioment: 2:11am On Feb 08, 2021
That's intelligent.

But you can still say fg law is the only legit law of the land, in conjunction with state law.
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by ngwababe(f): 2:15am On Feb 08, 2021
This man sef.
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by Nobody: 2:18am On Feb 08, 2021
ddeola:
These are the sycophants in Buhari's govt who cannot tell Bubu the truth. Your people dey wait for you after this govt so kontinuu...in Madam Patience voice. sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

How are you sure he does not tell Buhari the truth privately? As far as I know, Amaechi has done well with his ministerial portfolio. Improving our transport options and infrastructure is first and foremost the remit of his job.

You and other Nigerians are not there with them.privately so why do you choose to believe Ameachi cannot/does not tell Buhari the truth? Have you all considered that Buhari may just not be interested in anyone's opinion and is only focused on his own agenda?

Amaechi gave the right and decorous response fitting of his office as a Minister of Transport in the present APC ruling Government.

Anyone who is mad he is not uppercutting PMB in public is simply unreasonable. It is not done like that anywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by babatee90(m): 2:19am On Feb 08, 2021
Some people here are just so angry...no one is saying he should speak out against or attack the government he’s part of...we are only saying he should speak on the herdsmen crisis

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by Nobody: 2:26am On Feb 08, 2021
I don’t have to read the post to understand there’s a conspiracy going on that no one in power can talk about it, everything is falling apart and this puppets can’t rebel and fight the system, I wonder what exactly they are promised to turn a blind eye to the country burning and everything is in chaos, every citizen feel so disconnected with this country, we just live to see another day, for a cold bottle of beer a brother will kill his brethren just to plant another human in power above him.
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by BruncleZuma: 2:38am On Feb 08, 2021
You sabi where your butter and bread dey come from ...not surprised.
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by elmessiahs(m): 2:48am On Feb 08, 2021
OSCARINE LINES

jump and pass statement from a jump and pass minister who prefer cow ahead of humans
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by Kenn55: 3:07am On Feb 08, 2021
OneTemplate:

How are you sure he does not tell Buhari the truth privately? As far as I know, Amaechi has done well with his ministerial portfolio. Improving our transport options and infrastructure is first and foremost the remit of his job.

You and other Nigerians are not there with them.privately so why do you choose to believe Ameachi cannot/does not tell Buhari the truth? Have you all considered that Buhari may just not be interested in anyone's opinion and is only focused on his own agenda?

Amaechi gave the right and decorous response fitting of his office as a Minister of Transport in the present APC ruling Government.

Anyone who is mad he is not uppercutting PMB in public is simply unreasonable. It is not done like that anywhere.

Bros, there is no right or wrong here, it is a matter of conscience. For someone like me, i can't close my eyes to evil on the alter of being in government, my conscience will not allow me. We are talking of human lives here. Have we lost our humanity? Of what use is holding on to power when your country men are dieing needlessly, you look the other way just because you do not want to offend anyone for your own benefit. It is because people like him and other southern politicians are silent that is why the fulani's are very comfortable doing what they are doing

There is no better time to show courage than when it has become issue of life and death of the people you represent. People of good conscience need to speak up now and take a stand today not tomorrow. The highest that would happen is that you are sacked. We all saw how some Trump's own appointees disagreed and countered him openly about the election. He fired the homeland security chief because he countered him on the election, William Barr had to resign because he disagreed with him etc.

Anyway, i may be wrong sha. Probably i am using myself to judge others who have sold their conscience to the devil himself. We should all know that people who see evil and keep quiet are as guilty as people who are commitng the evil. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by orisunmibare01(m): 3:07am On Feb 08, 2021
This is where you have to give it to America. They don't freaking care about the position. The allegiance to the country is just too much.
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by obyrich(m): 4:36am On Feb 08, 2021
OneTemplate:

He is part of the Government so cannot criticize it openly. That would be tantamount to undermining the Government he works for. If he wants to do that then he has to resign.

What we ask members of the government to do in Nigeria is not done anywhere in the world. In any case most politicians are not more evil than ordinary Nigerians even if ordinary Nigerians like to think this is the case.
What of Garba Shehu and other people who have been speaking up in favour of herdsmen?

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by COMPAQ(m): 4:40am On Feb 08, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

https://www.independent.ng/my-position-as-minister-wont-allow-me-comment-on-herdsmen-crisis-amaechi/

Actually a very good and mature response from amaechi. Let those whose job it is to speak on fulani matter do so. Must we all speak on a simple matter?
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by Randy111(m): 4:55am On Feb 08, 2021
Eyaaaa. Amaechi's foolishness has really grown out of proportion. So your position as a minister has gagged your mouth? If you think you have something meaningful to say that will eventually change things for good then resign the speak up.
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by pickatyouu: 5:24am On Feb 08, 2021
The politician are out for their own selfish interest. Until a herdman kill your family. Then you would be forced to speak out

Check my signature if you have a car and interested in installing a tracking device. It might interest you
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by Gandollaar(f): 5:25am On Feb 08, 2021
obailala:

This is common sense! but you cant exactly expect sound reasoning from people who are angry, or have been blinded by hatred.

There are thousands of other notable persons who are better placed to speak freely about the current crisis in Nigeria; the only people losing sleep over Amaechi not talking are his sworn enemies who are simply desperate to see him mauled.
Didn't government officials appointmented by Trump disagree openly with him?
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by Richy4(m): 5:26am On Feb 08, 2021
OneTemplate:

He is part of the Government so cannot criticize it openly. That would be tantamount to undermining the Government he works for. If he wants to do that then he has to resign.

What we ask members of the government to do in Nigeria is not done anywhere in the world. In any case most politicians are not more evil than ordinary Nigerians even if ordinary Nigerians like to think this is the case.

What you should say is that he sees nothing wrong with what the govt of the day is doing... that's why he cannot say anything.. because any minister who does not agree with certain polices, normally resign and explains why...Stop acting as if you have not heard of ministers resigning or leave public offices when they did not agree with the government of the day around the world.. saying what you don't know or heard off with confidence is just annoying... Use google sometimes sad
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by Gandollaar(f): 5:27am On Feb 08, 2021
JooEeL:
Say what you like, he's still better than Wyke
But wike has rendered him IDPed in Rivers State politics grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Explosion Rocks Kogi Government Office / Aisha Buhari Arrives Washington DC / Sing National Anthem In Yoruba Daily, Gov. Ambode Tells Lagos Principals, Teache

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.