Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,035 members, 7,845,358 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis (25224 Views)

Amaechi: My Presidential Aspiration Not A Personal Ambition + Why I'm Contesting / COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu / Time Will Tell On My Position In APC, Says Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by wink2015(m): 7:55am On Feb 08, 2021
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Minister of Transportation, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi on Sunday said his position as Transport Minister won’t allow him to speak on the farmers-herders crisis in the country.

It will be recalled that a former Governor of Jigawa State, Sule Lamido, has berated Amaechi and other APC leaders for being indifferent over the Fulanis’ travails in the South-western region of Nigeria, despite supporting President Muhammadu Buhari to win the presidency in 2015.

Lamido said that Buhari came to power with the support of Tinubu and other politicians in the south and noted that those who supported him had failed to protect his people when they were in difficult situations.

But speaking in an interview on Channels Television programme ‘Sunday Politics’, Amaechi said while he wasn’t afraid to speak on any matter, his duty as a Minister of Transport has placed a limit on him as he can only make comments on the transportation sector.

“I had a private chat with Sule Lamido and I told him that there is virtually nothing new in Nigeria that I have not spoken about. I have spoken literarily on everything and I think it is his agemates that are discussing this issue. Let them speak while we the younger ones watch our elders and follow them and listen to what they say”.

“When I was governor, I had a general location in making conversation but as a Minister, I’m reduced to focusing on transportation and delivering on transportation. If Sule Lamido calls me out on transportation, I will be glad to take him up on that”.
https://www.independent.ng/my-position-as-minister-wont-allow-me-comment-on-herdsmen-crisis-amaechi/

His silence is golden.

At least for 2023 presidency for which he is being assumed to be one of the aspirant and Buhari 's choice.
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by cybarinem(m): 7:58am On Feb 08, 2021
OneTemplate:

Why are some of you so unreasonable? It is like many of you have never had a responsible job or position in your life. How can you be in a government and be openly rebellious against it?

Can you be critical of your boss and his company daily and still be drawing salary from him monthly?

I see a lot of Nigerians making this demand on the likes of Osinbajo, Amaechi etal without them realizing they are just being as lawless as the rest of our society.

Anyone who remains part of the PMB government cannot attack it. They must resign first to be able to do that.

Was he not part of pdp when Jonathan and his wife became his every morning chewing stick? Or he had no boss then abi?
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by cybarinem(m): 8:01am On Feb 08, 2021
Was he not part of pdp when Jonathan and his wife became his every morning chewing stick? Or he had no boss then abi?
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by cunicinni12: 8:07am On Feb 08, 2021
Hahahaha... funny Amechi how come your office is limited to transportation and you can talk about the affairs and leadership style of Rivers State Governor or are you thinking what I'm thinking? Please focus transportation minister.
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by Gerrard59(m): 8:12am On Feb 08, 2021
I pity folks who still have hopes in Nigeria. Amaechi is a Nigerian elite who cannot in the face of persistent herdsmen crises resign his position to make a statement that he disagrees with the current administration's side regarding the crises. Nigerian elites are a bunch of overrated monkeys who spew stoopid statements and unintelligent. Anyway, Nigerians aren't intelligent people, so I'm not surprised.
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by Layoo91: 8:17am On Feb 08, 2021
If tinubu said this, most of igbo pple will start abusing him...now ur brother said this rubbish...u cant talk...
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by obailala(m): 8:32am On Feb 08, 2021
Gandollaar:
Didn't government officials appointmented by Trump disagree openly with him?
The book of wisdom says "there's a time for everything under the sun; a time to sleep and a time to rise... a time to speak and a time to be silent."

Amaechi is an employee of the govt; you and I know very well that this is Nigeria, not the US. And under the peculiar Nigerian context, publicly attacking his boss would absolutely not solve anything or have any positive impact whatsoever on the lingering herdsmen crisis. Rather it would only earn him political crucifixion.

You and I already know this but you desperately want him to speak up so he would be pulled down so you can revel at the downfall of one of your enemies. But unfortunately for some of you folks, Amaechi isnt a foolish man not to know this; foolishness didnt get him to the level he is today.
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by Tzar(m): 8:32am On Feb 08, 2021
Rotimi, you are just a shallow beneficiary of the rot! How does politics & your political position stop you from saying the truth?!
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by obailala(m): 8:39am On Feb 08, 2021
cybarinem:

...and of course he received back to back political and even physical attacks for that till he was literally pushed away into political oblivion. If not for the formation of APC in that period, he probably eould have been buried following those actions. But now you want the same man to play the same stunts when he's got no political backup plan?.... Such foolishness did not get him to the level he is in life today.
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by Neddyogu(m): 8:39am On Feb 08, 2021
Transportation keep u dia. Well, a dog with a bone in his mouth doesn't bark and doesn't bite!
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by OROSUNBOLB(m): 8:40am On Feb 08, 2021
Southern Politicians are mostly fools ! Isn't it obvious that this clown knows the truth but has chosen not to say it. What's difficult for anyone to say that the fulani herdsmen are killers and are menace to Nigeria.

There is no way people will not eventually take laws into their hands in solving the problems of these murderous herdsmen.

The day of rage against the fulani herdsmen is very near,it will be merciless and very bloody !
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by obailala(m): 8:57am On Feb 08, 2021
Reference:

And what is wrong with political office holders being 'mauled' or 'hated' as you put it. Are they not servants. Do you love or hate your servant? Is that the basis of your relationship with your workers... No.

You love your relations but relate with your servants on the basis of performance commending them when they perform and berating them when they mess up or fall below expectations.

Amaechi may not be held liable for a view on a goverment he serves. My servant will be fired if he or she expresses opinions concerning service to me in public however to berate hapless citizens calling them haters for demanding explanations of public officials who are paid at public expense is just stupid.

We all own this country and those in authority are placed there and paid by the citizens of this country who have every right to demand accountability. How can you call your boss a hater for demanding to know how and why you do what you do when you serially fail and waste his resources....

Anyone expecting praise from the people in the midst of he worst state this country has ever experienced in its history is crazy, period.
I said what I said because it simply is the truth. Those urging Amaechi to speak here are those who hate him and want to see him pulled down so they can revel at the downfall of one more of their enemies. But then, everyone has a right to love or hate whoever they want, so you're right.

But remember, Amaechi isnt a foolish man; foolishness didnt get him to where he is today. The book of wisdom tells us there's a time for everything under the sun; a time to sleep and a time to rise... a time to speak and a time to be silent. Amaechi is an employee of the govt; you and I know that publicly attacking his boss would absolutely not even solve anything or have any positive impact whatsoever on the lingering herdsmen crisis. Rather it would only earn him political crucifixion. The man has simply refused to be as foolish as some people desperately want him to be so I understand the frustration.
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by Jerrypolo(m): 9:05am On Feb 08, 2021
gfon:
Okay...but you can comment on 2021 prado jeep

Asin Prado Jeep = "Transportation matters"���
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by Olaideolayemi(m): 9:30am On Feb 08, 2021
Na lie oooo.he dey fear...
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by Nobody: 9:49am On Feb 08, 2021
babatee90:
Some people here are just so angry...no one is saying he should speak out against or attack the government he’s part of...we are only saying he should speak on the herdsmen crisis

What do you want him to say? Announce that herdsmen are acting with impunity because one of their own is President and an 'enabler'?

What exactly do you want Ameachi to say and what good would it do him or me and you?

Don't we have a legislative arm charged with oversight and checks-and-balance marshaling of our executive arm?

Why don't you ask them, with their legally weighty and official voice, to speak instead of harassing Ameachi and putting him in an impossible position?

Tell us exactly what you want Amaechi to say and what good that will do given he is only a Minister Buhari can sack instantly unlike for example the President of our Senate Buhari should fear and have no power over.
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by Rufai1314(m): 10:01am On Feb 08, 2021
Remains silent, but when the violence starts it will consume everyone whether you are poor or rich.
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by icedbreez(m): 10:11am On Feb 08, 2021
Sellout
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by LamidicownuBSS: 10:32am On Feb 08, 2021
I said it, when d killing was rampard in d north,
Some shallow brain in d south here on nairaland keep saying, let them kill themselves, that is not our concerns.

It is now coming to u gradually, una never see anything
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by LLMG: 11:09am On Feb 08, 2021
After selling your conscience and betraying your own people for nothing, what will you have to say.
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by StaffofOrayan(m): 11:20am On Feb 08, 2021
Oga shut up!
They don't care it's simple as that,
If you like become the poorest in the world, if you like you die
After all they are the best paid in the world for doing a very bad job

OneTemplate:

Why are some of you so unreasonable? It is like many of you have never had a responsible job or position in your life. How can you be in a government and be openly rebellious against it?

Can you be critical of your boss and his company daily and still be drawing salary from him monthly?

I see a lot of Nigerians making this demand on the likes of Osinbajo, Amaechi etal without them realizing they are just being as lawless as the rest of our society.

Anyone who remains part of the PMB government cannot attack it. They must resign first to be able to do that.
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by puzzlegate(m): 11:57am On Feb 08, 2021
COMPAQ:

Actually a very good and mature response from amaechi. Let those whose job it is to speak on fulani matter do so. Must we all speak on a simple matter?
. Herdsmen killing is a simple matter ?
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by puzzlegate(m): 12:07pm On Feb 08, 2021
obailala:
The book of wisdom says "there's a time for everything under the sun; a time to sleep and a time to rise... a time to speak and a time to be silent."

Amaechi is an employee of the govt; you and I know very well that this is Nigeria, not the US. And under the peculiar Nigerian context, publicly attacking his boss would absolutely not solve anything or have any positive impact whatsoever on the lingering herdsmen crisis. Rather it would only earn him political crucifixion.

You and I already know this but you desperately want him to speak up so he would be pulled down so you can revel at the downfall of one of your enemies. But unfortunately for some of you folks, Amaechi isnt a foolish man not to know this; foolishness didnt get him to the level he is today.
Oga, what do even mean ? So speaking Against herdsmen is speaking Against the government ? How ? Is the government behind herdsmen really ?..... This is baffling to say the least !
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by LordOfTheGame: 12:58pm On Feb 08, 2021
A proverb in my place said that a person who is chewing something does not blow the fire. grin grin grin

Amechi is a conscienceless mofo.
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by tyav7: 1:15pm On Feb 08, 2021
Ortom is vindicated, finally finally.
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by profbray(m): 1:17pm On Feb 08, 2021
A close mouth is s close destiny
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by obailala(m): 1:47pm On Feb 08, 2021
puzzlegate:
Oga, what do even mean ? So speaking Against herdsmen is speaking Against the government ? How ? Is the government behind herdsmen really ?..... This is baffling to say the least !
Oga, use your tongue and count your teeth; stop feigning ignorance on the reason Amaechi has opted to restrain his tongue on this. If you were in his position, you yourself wouldnt be silly enough to run to the media to run your mouth on certain issues. So stop acting surprised like you dont know the answer to these questions you ask.

Amaechi isn't the only human in Nigeria that has a voice and he's said it clearly he isnt the best person to comment on certain issues. If anyone is angry Amaechi isn't commenting, what stops you from commenting?

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by Whoube99(f): 2:01pm On Feb 08, 2021
Abeg go look bush idiot
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by shegzydave(m): 3:47pm On Feb 08, 2021
Yes because in less than 24 hours you will be removed as minister
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by NSK4U(m): 4:16pm On Feb 08, 2021
Iamgrey5:
Eyah this should also be applicable to Osibanjo most of you always hate

You are talking nonsense.

Osibanjo's case should not be brought into the picture.

Trader money Vp who can't account for money distributed!
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by Iamgrey5(m): 4:18pm On Feb 08, 2021
NSK4U:

You are talking nonsense.

Osibanjo's case should not be brought into the picture.

Trader money Vp who can't account for money distributed!
You are his accountant that you know he couldn't account for it.
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by IMASTEX: 5:03pm On Feb 08, 2021
bolaayenimo:
Comment = sack letter+EFCC
grin grin grin
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by benzyluv(m): 8:53pm On Feb 08, 2021
���������� ����� ������� | ������ �� ��� ���� ���������

MILLIONS OF NIGERIANS IMPACTED BY ESP/COVID-19 STIMULUS PACKAGES

How FG is preventing retrenchment in the Private Sector

Over 5million farmers enumerated

30,000 N-power exited beneficiaries hired as Agric enumerators

About one million already received govt’s cash under Survival Fund, CBN intervention

3200 hectares being cleared for farming

344km roads under construction to link 500 markets

Broadband penetration now 45%

Federal ministers and heads of agencies are reporting further progress in the implementation of the Economic Sustainability Plan of the Buhari Administration as Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, presides over a meeting of the Economic Sustainability Committee earlier today at the Presidential Villa.

Highlights of the reports presented to the Committee include the release of N37B for the Survival Fund covering such schemes like N50,000 Payroll Support for three months to over 300,000 beneficiaries, one-time grants of N30,000 to about 100,000 artisans, and 100,000 business name registrations paid for by the Federal Government.

While the Minister of State for Industry, Trade & Investment Ambassador Mariam Katagum reported the progress of the Survival Fund to the Committee, the Central Bank Governor, Godwin Emefiele also reported on the bank’s intervention including disbursement of over N192B for household/MSMEs grants to 426,000 beneficiaries across the country, with plans to do over N100B more in that category named Targeted Credit Facility.

The CBN Governor also disclosed that under the collateral-free Agric-Business/Small & Medium Enterprise Investment Scheme, there are ongoing grants of concessionary loans from between N150,000 to N2.5million. In that category, the Governor disclosed that over N106B has been disbursed so far to over 27,000 beneficiaries.

In the Agric sector, Agriculture and Rural Development Minister, Alhaji Sabo Nanono also reported that under the ESP, a total of 5.4million farmers have now been enumerated to get the support under the plan. He added that for the enumeration which involved geospatial tagging, almost 73,000 N-Power volunteers were trained and 30,000 of them deployed to 774 Local Government Areas. For the purposes of funding through the CBN, the Minister disclosed that 2.9million of the farmers have had their BVN enrollment validated.

Also, the clearing of 3,200 hectares of land for farming is ongoing in several States including Edo, Plateau, Ekiti, Cross River, Ogun, Kaduna, Kwara, and Osun States while rural road constructions have reached about 28% completion covering 344km, linking about 500 markets across the country.

The Minister for Communications and Digital Economy, Dr. Isa Pantami also briefed the Committee that broadband penetration in the country has moved from 38% last year to 45% now, while over 170 institutions have been registered to conduct the NIN. He also said Telcos would be licensed for the enrollment, while over 1060 registration centers have been activated across the country for the NIN. He reports that a total of 56.18million NINs have been collected by mobile network operators.

Others who briefed the Committee included the Labour, Employment and Productivity Minister, Dr. Chris Ngige, and his Minister of State colleague Mr. Festus Keyamo, SAN. In his presentation, Dr. Ngige listed the Federal Government’s efforts to prevent the retrenchment of staff in the Private Sector because of the COVID-19 pandemic. He listed some hotel companies who agreed not to retrench and it was also disclosed that bankers have all committed not to retrench staff at this time.

Works and Housing Minister, Babatunde Fashola reported on the ministry’s coordinated FG Public Works Programme, while Mr. Keyamo reported on the progress of the Special Public Works that hires 774,000 workers across all Local Government Areas of the country.

Other presentations were made on the Rapid Response Register launched recently by the Vice President and the Social Housing Scheme of the ESP.

Other ministers at the meeting were the Industry, Trade and Investment Minister, Otunba Niyi Adebayo and Petroleum Resources Minister of State, Mr. Timipre Sylva.

Laolu Akande,
Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media & Publicity,
Office of the Vice President.
8th February 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Stephen Odey On Supreme Court Judgment: Why I Won’t Vacate My Seat – Senator / Rufai Hanga: Tinubu Completely Sidelined, Suffering Silently In APC / Again, Pastor Reno Omokri Caught Spreading Lies And Fake News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.