Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,655 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Buhari Live In Lagos (pictures) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Live In Lagos (pictures) (19342 Views)

APC Youth Forum With Buhari-live Pictures / Muhammadu Buhari Live – How Impressed Was I ? / Buhari Live On Channels TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Live In Lagos (pictures) by opalu: 12:22am On Apr 07, 2011
Aisha2 Said: Sorry dear, i lost 2 phones during the Save Nigeria Group Rally, but it was worth it then.

I CAN NOW SEE WHY YOU WANT THE LOAD OF A PRESIDENT TO BE REMOVED FROM ASOROCK! WHEN THE HEAD BECOMES A LOAD, THEN IT SHOULD BE OFF-LOADED

Re: Buhari Live In Lagos (pictures) by Sensicut(m): 12:24am On Apr 07, 2011
This is d time to false the hardest face of bastard pdp out of gorverment because.obj leader of sniper.babangida lecturer of 419.gej master of the most lavish money in hole world.apa buruku omo oninakuna god will surely purnish them & bless nigeria.amen.amen.amen.amen
Re: Buhari Live In Lagos (pictures) by ideylaff: 12:27am On Apr 07, 2011
@ jason123, no wahala, Bottomline is Nigeria should come out better after the election. A strong opposition in 2011 will help bring out the best of PDP in 2011. But just for the records, it is completely untrue that Nothing good can come out of PDP. All that is bull. It is an insult on people like:

Donald Duke,
Amaechi,
Ribadu,
Okonjo Iweala,
Sanusi Lamido,
El Rufai,
Soludo,
Deziani Madueke,
Akunyili etc.

who were appointed by and have served under the PDP led governement.

Even if you dont like PDP, it is wrong to cast both the wheat and the grass into the same fire. Mind you, lots of people in CPC today are people who were once in PDP. Are you saying all those who came out from PDP into CPC are bad? If so, why do you want anyone to vote your party. 1 tree cannot make a forest. I am happy however that for once the democratic process is coming alive.

Please Please don't insult us by naming Donald Duke amongst the bright ones, some 1 who used all his states resources to build Tinapa (white elephant project)that was a waste,  when he could have used the resources to fix the poverty and educational challenges that were starring him in his face.

Who dey visit the Tinapa (much expensive than a 2 week holiday abroad) that he build on his ego trip. the project should have bn in phases.

No be only lion dey Kenya Games Reserve and dey make more from tourism than the whole 9ija put together.

Sorry Duke was and is a noise maker playing to the gallery. I was not one of the ones bn fooled, I could see right through him, 

Building cable cars in a country that has no power, (LOL) I watch and see people praising him and I think they dont know
the amount of underage Prostitution going on in Cross River due to negligence of Education in Dukes time.
I have videos of schools with no chairs and black boards in that state. Yet he uses peoples money to invite Maxi Priest to come and sing @ their so called 30 day dance of shame called Carnival

A state where they do 30 days shame dancing and call it carnival  sad sad

What a very productive way to shut a state down for 30 days.

He has so brain washed the people dancing with his wife in town like the head clown. and calling it Tourism shame, His successor Liyel Imoke too has joined
the same bandwagonw as well, Using the so called Carnival to steal state money angry with his wife shaking her big bosom all over town in the carnival train,
year after year idiots,

The fella Duke even uses state money to organise one yeye silly mountain marathon (obudu race) and boasts in shame that its the most expensive mountain cross country in the whole world in terms of prize money, 1 yeye oyinbo boy go come win amd and we pay them the prize money in dollars call world press to come and see , all these in the midst of poverty in his state,  Talk about getting your priorities right, afterwards for the night party , he picks up his saxophone with his daughter and they start to blow one kind yeye tune,  to the galerry,  what a shame,

The total prize money for the 6th Obudu Mountain Race has been increased.  This has become necessary with the introduction this year of the women version of the African Nation’s Mountain Running Championship.

The total prize money has gone up from $245,500 to $278,000.  The prize money for the 1st – 10th position for the 6th Obudu Mountain Race however remain the same, graduated from $50,000, $20,000 and $9,000 respectively for 1st – 3rd positions.  The prizes for 4th -10th remain at $4,500, $4,000, $3,000, $2,500, $2,000, $1,500 and $1,000 respectively.

According to William Archibong, the Chairman of the Local Organizing Committee, “the increase in the total figure is necessitated by the addition this year of the female team version of the African Nation’s Mountain Running Championship.  The prize money for this event is also the same for both the men and women”.

4 get Deziani Madueke I begii, she is just all talk and English with nothing upsupstair, she can carry on boning GEJ to retain her Petroleum Portfolio. we all know anyway,   embarassed
Re: Buhari Live In Lagos (pictures) by ektbear: 12:30am On Apr 07, 2011
Golden post from Eziachi.
Re: Buhari Live In Lagos (pictures) by EzeUche(m): 12:35am On Apr 07, 2011
Eziachi reminds me of my uncle who support Buhari. He makes valid points, but just like my uncle, Eziachi is part of that generation that suffered during the civil war.
Re: Buhari Live In Lagos (pictures) by dayokanu(m): 12:38am On Apr 07, 2011
Eziachi:

My brother/friend, If I can tell you how really worried I am for the Igbo nation now you cannot believe it. This year/election alone whatever remain of Ndigbo in their so called Nigeria has been decimated.
First they pushed off ogbulafor for trying to say the truth and overnight they hanged a corrupt charges over his head and he went silent. In comes Okwy nwodo, willing and able to dance to their tune with the first music of zoning is dead and the rest is now history.
When they got their wish, Nwodo misunderstood his important when he tried to instill real democratic process against the mighty governors and he was immediately told that he was no longer needed. The governors made Jonathan and Jonathan promised them automatic ticket or the chance to choose their successors, so who is Nwodo and Jonathaan immediatly sacrificed him.
And Nwodo was handed out the most disgraceful treatment ever to be metted out to any NIGERIAN politiician since Shugaba.

So in just one stroke NDIGBO practically killed zoning, so a northerner get nwodo's position. Why not? after all zoning is dead and they will even get the biggest shock after the election because after all zoning is dead.

But don't get me wrong, I am not an advocate of zoning as a means of finding good leaders but this is NIGERIA, to survive you have to know how and when to play the game to survive. Now as we speak, Ndigbo is dead in PDP and what did the oppostion from Igbo land did courtesy of APGA? We don't have a presidential candidate- Jonathan is now one of us and he is our inlaw, he will get our 100% vote and Oheneze seconded with amen because as they madly believed GEJ will handover to them in 2015 and then went up north promising CIROMA and others, that by 2015, the presidency is there own for take.
whether this last gimmick by APGA/OHANEZE has the final blessing of Our IKEMBA, no one can tell as PETER OBI is now more PDP than Jonathan himself, how quickly people forget. So Ndigbo has succeeded in putting all their eggs in one basket and their is no backup left.
Compared that scenario to the Yoruba's. Love them or hate them they understood the politics of crooked Nigeria. If Buhari is to win, hurray! they are number two without asking. If Jonathan winS, Obasanjo is still in charge. No matter what happened in this election, both Buhari/Jonathan has vow not to be involved in 2015 and if their words is to be kept, the YORUBA has a standby and untainted gold bar like candidate positioned for 2015 in Fashola.

If this election is to end up in a run-off, ACN populated by the Yorubas will be the bride and meanwhile there is every chance that they will recover everything they lost in 2003 in Yorubaland because JONATHAN dare ot rig there as he is desperate to get their vote to upset Buhari, so any rigging like that of 2003 is a dooms day for him, so he was willing to sacrifice the likes of Gbenga Daniel.

Look at even our backyard in Akwa Ibom, ACN is well positioned today to snatch it away from Akpabio/PDP and only few months ago, there is no such thing as ACN over there. What stopped APGA harvesting what ACN is now reaping in Akwa Ibom? Bad politics and bad leadership. What stopped Peter Obi becoming a Tinubu in Igboland when our icon is ready to do anything for him? Lack of foresightedness.

So after this election, whatever remained of Nigeria, Ndigbo may find themselves where they were in 1970 despite what my generation has suffered and endured for this generation and if Ojukwu finally is to die? Its not even worth thinking about.

Great post by Eziachi. Great post.

Most ppl dont understand the politics of Nigeria.

If GEJ wins, I would like to reference Eziachis post in 2015 when the chicken come to roost
Re: Buhari Live In Lagos (pictures) by Kilode1: 12:38am On Apr 07, 2011
Eziachi:

My brother/friend, If I can tell you how really worried I am for the Igbo nation now you cannot believe it. This year/election alone whatever remain of Ndigbo in their so called Nigeria has been decimated.
First they pushed off ogbulafor for trying to say the truth and overnight they hanged a corrupt charges over his head and he went silent. In comes Okwy nwodo, willing and able to dance to their tune with the first music of zoning is dead and the rest is now history.
When they got their wish, Nwodo misunderstood his important when he tried to instill real democratic process against the mighty governors and he was immediately told that he was no longer needed. The governors made Jonathan and Jonathan promised them automatic ticket or the chance to choose their successors, so who is Nwodo and Jonathaan immediatly sacrificed him.
And Nwodo was handed out the most disgraceful treatment ever to be metted out to any NIGERIAN politiician since Shugaba.

So in just one stroke NDIGBO practically killed zoning, so a northerner get nwodo's position. Why not? after all zoning is dead and they will even get the biggest shock after the election because after all zoning is dead.

But don't get me wrong, I am not an advocate of zoning as a means of finding good leaders but this is NIGERIA, to survive you have to know how and when to play the game to survive. Now as we speak, Ndigbo is dead in PDP and what did the oppostion from Igbo land did courtesy of APGA? We don't have a presidential candidate- Jonathan is now one of us and he is our inlaw, he will get our 100% vote and Oheneze seconded with amen because as they madly believed GEJ will handover to them in 2015 and then went up north promising CIROMA and others, that by 2015, the presidency is there own for take.

whether this last gimmick by APGA/OHANEZE has the final blessing of Our IKEMBA, no one can tell as PETER OBI is now more PDP than Jonathan himself, how quickly people forget. So Ndigbo has succeeded in putting all their eggs in one basket and their is no backup left.

Compared that scenario to the Yoruba's. Love them or hate them they understood the politics of crooked Nigeria. If Buhari is to win, hurray! they are number two without asking. If Jonathan winS, Obasanjo is still in charge. No matter what happened in this election, both Buhari/Jonathan has vow not to be involved in 2015 and if their words is to be kept, the YORUBA has a standby and untainted gold bar like candidate positioned for 2015 in Fashola.

If this election is to end up in a run-off, ACN populated by the Yorubas will be the bride and meanwhile there is every chance that they will recover everything they lost in 2003 in Yorubaland because JONATHAN dare ot rig there as he is desperate to get their vote to upset Buhari, so any rigging like that of 2003 is a dooms day for him, so he was willing to sacrifice the likes of Gbenga Daniel.

Look at even our backyard in Akwa Ibom, ACN is well positioned today to snatch it away from Akpabio/PDP and only few months ago, there is no such thing as ACN over there. What stopped APGA harvesting what ACN is now reaping in Akwa Ibom? Bad politics and bad leadership. What stopped Peter Obi becoming a Tinubu in Igboland when our icon is ready to do anything for him? Lack of foresightedness.

So after this election, whatever remained of Nigeria, Ndigbo may find themselves where they were in 1970 despite what my generation has suffered and endured for this generation and if Ojukwu finally is to die? Its not even worth thinking about.

Quoted with Respect and for Posterity!
Re: Buhari Live In Lagos (pictures) by dayokanu(m): 12:43am On Apr 07, 2011
In a corrupt regime. The same ppl benefit and mostly Yorubas and hausas.

Only removal of corruption and the ruling PDP class can bring benefits to SE, SS and minorities.

A lot of Hausas and Yorubas are well positioned to benefit from the perpetuation of the corrupt PDP rule.

Bode, OBJ, Afolabi etc. Make I no too yarn
Re: Buhari Live In Lagos (pictures) by LSU: 12:43am On Apr 07, 2011
The new edition of the best seller excerpts written by AUTHEBURCKLEY, expanded by ABDULMALIK LARRY KRAUS ZUBEIRU is out jus now, it has sold more than 1000000000000000000000000 copies, but for our teeming supporters of good conscience and some urchins (leftists) this copy is free of charge* no tax,

" added 31 REASONS WHY BUHARI DOES NOT DESERVE YOUR VOTE

In my books, Buhari is a pretentious anti-corruption fighter. The trajectory of a man's journey in public life matters. For the following reasons I cannot vote for Buhari:

1. He is an oligarch who does not believe in equality before the law. The way he jailed Lateef Jakande, Jim Nwobodo, Ambrose Ali, Pa Adekunle Ajasin, Chief Ayo Ojewumi on cases that had no foundation and allowed Awwal Ibrahim, the then Niger State governor, who was arrested in Heathrow Airport in London with 14 million pounds sterling and several millions of Niara and dollars to be put under house arrest is my evidence. He also allowed Shehu Kangiwa, Sokoto State Governor who conducted and supervised the famous Bakolori Massacre of poor peasant farmers who's land were appropriated without compesation to remain under house arrest.

1(a) Ayo Ojewumi became blind as a result of his imprisonment over false charges and died shortly after.

1 (b) Prof. Ambrose Alli also became blind as a result of this false imprisonment. When he died, he had only one undeveloped plot of land to his name.

1© Pa Adekule Ajasin was never the same after his eventual release and remained sickly for the rest of his life. Whe he died, he never had any property anywhere in the world except the one he had built from his sweat as long term teacher and school principal in Owo township.

2. He put in place a retroactive law that killed three men, innocent men in my book, by public execution.

3. He jailed Ndukar Irabor and Tunde Thompson of the Guardian on stories that were factually true under Decree 4. He had told the Nigerian journalists then that it did not matter whether the story reported was true or not, if his regime did not like it, the writer would go to jail.

4. He supervised the smuggling of 53 suitcases filled with cash through the MMA against the protests of General Tunde Idiagbon and ironically, Abubakar Atiku, the then Director General of the Customs who later became the Vice President and a compromised politician himself. This smuggling of the suit cases was supervised by his ADC, Col. Mustapha Jokolo.

5. He jailed Fela Anikulapo -Kuti on trumped up charges under an emergency law which prompted the sentencing judge to confess that he was ordered to do so and apologised to the late musician. It was Buhari's administration that said it has "decided to deal with this Fela problem once and for all."

6. He convinced all the northern political leaders against allowing the National Identity Card program because according to him, this would unravel the myth of a Northern population majority

7. He is an Islamic fundamentalist, the Bin Laden of Nigeria, who told his northern followers never to vote for anyone who was not a muslim.

8. He is a coup plotter.

9. He has never been able to account to Nigerians what he did with the 20 billion Naira of the Petroleum Trust Fund of which he was the chairman under Sani Abacha.
9(a) He has not been able to point to any project that he prosecuted outside the Northern Nigeria with the so-caled trust fund.

10. He was in full support of all the atrocities of Sani Abacha against the Nigerian people. There is no single record of his criticism of Sani Abacha during those dark days when Nigeria was on precipice. It shows that he is a patriot of convenience and as such unfit to lead the country.

11. Buhari, as part of his tribalistic practices placed President Shagari under house arrest inside a palatial mansion in Ikoyi while he locked up Shagari's Vice, Alex Ekwueme in Kirikiri Prison. Shagari is Hausa/Fulani like him while Alex Ekwueme is an Igboman.

12. Ikemba Emeka Ojukwu, another Igboman who returned from 13years exile just a little over a year then was as well locked up in KiriKiri Prison by mean-hearted Buhari.Up till today we are not told what was Emeka's offence.

13. Busari Adelakun died of ulcer because Buhari refused him to be taken out of prison for immediate medical attention.The then Governor of Ogun State,Bisi Onabanjo suffered similar fate which we were told led to his untimely death.

14. Buhari ransacked the house of our late sage, Obafemi Awolowo and confisticated his International passport. Which civilized democratic society would elect the likes of Buhari as President,the same individual who overthrew an elected President? Never!

15. Plus Buhari having Sam Mbakwe in jail, went for one of Mbakwe's wives. He established himself again for what he was/is letting Mbakwe receive in jailhouse news of the death of another of Mbakwe's two wives. One (I can't remember his name now; Odenigbo?) also died in jail.

16. Buhari's henchman and sponsor, CPC governorship candidate for Kano State, is Mohammed Abacha, the same person that had/ran a personal killing squad, coordinated the killing of Kudirat Abiola & attempted to kill Ibru; and also stashed money in underground tanks, all less than 13 years ago, Nigerians have very short selective memory. Shame

?17. Buhari discriminated against persons from other ethnic groups/faiths; and that as PTF Chairman, he employed an overwhelming number of Fulani/Hausa/Moslem people at the detriment of other groups and concentrated PTF projects in the Nort, h. If in doubt read El Rufai's testimony where he wrote about Katsina boys who used the money they made at PTF to bankroll Yar'Adua's election in 1999.

18. Buhari is unforgiving. When he "took over" by coup in 1983, he even remembered an article written a very very long time ago by Bisi Onabanjo ('The Mallams are coming') and a later one in which Onabanjo wrote that people should watch out for that "gangly officer from the north" after Buhari gave a no holds barred speech at some Army functions where he was reported to be very openly pro Fulani and pro Islam to the exclusive of all else and also talked about termination of democratic rule. For that, Onabanjo got one of the harshest jail terms and treatments.

19. Buhari intolerance is worse than Obasanjo's. When he was adopted as the ANPP's candidate on the night of the party's Primaries without prior warning to the other candidates (and a few of them protested), Buhari got up and made a speech that those people must be disciplined. I subsequently saw him on BBC's "hard talk" and he frightened me and the interviewer with his archaic and fundamentalist intolerant views. His understanding and articulation is very much in doubt.

20. The evil genius, IBB and his crew similarly ran rings around Buhari. On the 10th anniversary of Abacha's demise, Buhari said that Abacha stole nothing from Nigeria! Despite millions of Dollars recovered from banks around the world and the Abacha family signing a formal agreement to return over $1 billion dollars, Buhari still said that Abacha's stealing remains an unproved allegation!!!! Why? Because Abacha set Buhari up like an emperor and let him use oil money from the Niger Delta to develop the North without supervision or questions.

21. Buhari snubbed the same Nigerians he now wants their votes by refusing to appear before Justice Oputa Truth and Reconciliation Panel. Despite the fact that Buhari knew how inportant reconciliation is to the stability of democracy. Buhari has never apologised at anytime.

22. Buhari executed Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) and Bartholomew Owoh (26). To put it quite plainly, one of those three – Ogedengbe - was executed for a crime that did not carry a capital forfeit at the time it was committed. and At the time Ogedengbe committed the crime it did not carry that punishment. If we must live as civilised citizens we must go by the rules. Article 11.2 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights reads: "No one shall be held guilty of any penal offence on account of any act or omission WHICH DID NOT CONSTITUTE A PENAL OFFENCE, under national or international law at the time when it was committed. NOR SHALL A HEAVIER PUNISHMENT BE IMPOSED THAN THE ONE THAT WAS APPLICABLE AT THE TIME THE PENAL OFFENCE WAS COMMITTED. Killing people with retroactive laws is not the civilised thing to do - and for as long as we will have people who refuse to see the truth only because their heroes are inching to rule when they have not purged themselves we will continue to wallow in misery.
23. Let’s informed Buhari that Lateef Jakande’s $60 million metro rail project for Lagos, which he cancelled immediately after he over-threw the Second Republic, has now accumulated a debt profile of over $3 billion for Lagos State, making the state the most indebted state to Paris Club in the federation.
24 let also remind Buhari that Gbolahan Mudashiru, his Military Administrator for Lagos State, alerted him on the clause in the contract agreement that would yoke the state to this debt, if the contract was cancelled unilaterally, and that he replied Mudashiru, that he didn’t care a damn.Though the fund for the execution of that project which would have given the people of Lagos an intra-city light train transport system would not have come from Buhari’s Supreme Military Council, General Buhari, as Military Head of State, cancelled this wonderful project of the state government, with ethnicity on his mind.
25. Let us again tell him that his action of jailing Dr Alex Ekwueme, then Nigeria’s vice president, from Anambra, and keeping President Shehu Shagari, from Sokoto State in a house arrest in Ikoyi was also ethnically fired.
26. So also was the shorter end of the stick he handed the South, as chair of Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF), in the execution of projects.
27. Shagari’s regime (1979-1983), incurred Buhari’s wrath when it decided to investigate the US$2.8 billion that disappeared from the Midland Bank, London account of the Nigerian National Petroleum Cooperation, (NNPC), during General Obasanjo’s era as military head of state that preceded Shagari’s. Dr. Olusola Saraki, Turaki of Ilorin, was the majority party leader of the Senate at the time and he headed the Senate Committee set up to trace the stolen money after some three years of clamour for such an investigation by members of the civil society. The money was traced to the Midland Bank London branch fixed account of Buhari, Obasanjo’s appointee as military head of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company. The Committee’s report was presented to the Senate during the tail end of Shagari’s regime in 1983, so the House decided to deal with the matter soon after the 1983 general elections.
28. He locked up without trial, politicians and critics including Fela Anikulapo-Kuti, notorious for clamouring for the exposure of the oil money rogue. Vera Ifudu, who was an NTA reporter then, was sacked through his prodding as military ruler, for reporting what Dr. Olusola Saraki had told her in an interview about how the missing money was traced to Buhari’s account at a Midland Bank London branch. Vera eventually won her case of wrongful dismissal in court against the NTA and was financially compensated.
29. Abacha rehabilitated Buhari with the chairmanship of the Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF) before he (Abacha) died in 1998. When Obasanjo returned to power in May 1999 as civilian president, he found that over 2.5 billion naira had not been properly accounted for in the PTF and that there was not much on the ground to show for the colossal expenditure the agency was claiming. On the day Obasanjo announced the scrapping of the PTF, a non-staff brother-in-law of the boss, allegedly serving as his conduit on some PTF projects, died suddenly from what appeared to be heart failure.
30. Buhari’s conflicting statements on the money laundering charges involving his ADC in 1984 on the 53 suit cases saga, has indicted him.
31. He should reveal to us his health status… Buhari at 69 yr old is a clear liability on Nigeria and Nigerians is Nigeria a health insurance scheme?

If Nigerians reward dangerous, insensitive, dishonest, mean, cruel, partial, egoistic, religious, fundamendalist, conscienceless human beings like MOHAMMADU BUHARI with the presidency of Nigeria with his kind of track record, then why do we still wonder why Nigeria has not and will not make it?

I can not in good conscience support Buhari's candidacy on the above grounds. I wish we have intelligent people who know what democracy means. I wish we have civilized minds. However, I am 100 percent sure that Buhari will never again rule Nigeria.
It is clear that apart from the states of the North-West and North-East, his Congress for Political Change (CPC) would hardly earn 25 per cent of the total number of votes cast in the remaining states of the federation. By implication, two zones just cannot earn Buhari the presidency he is looking for, no matter their voting strength.
Re: Buhari Live In Lagos (pictures) by ektbear: 12:44am On Apr 07, 2011
dayokanu:

Great post by Eziachi. Great post.

Most ppl dont understand the politics of Nigeria.

If GEJ wins, I would like to reference Eziachis post in 2015 when the chicken come to roost

If GEJ wins, is 2015 completely out of the question, though, for Igbos? The Igbo will put forth their candidate, northerners will put forth their own. . . but northerners will be completely united behind their own candidate, rather than the situation now where there is some indecision.

Imo, we should wait and see how GEJ does in each state before foreclosing the possibility of Igbo 2015.

I do agree that GEJ is more likely to the strategy "use and dump", as OBJ did to Yoruba. But what if he doesn't?
Re: Buhari Live In Lagos (pictures) by ideylaff: 12:55am On Apr 07, 2011
@ jason123, no wahala, Bottomline is Nigeria should come out better after the election. A strong opposition in 2011 will help bring out the best of PDP in 2011. But just for the records, it is completely untrue that Nothing good can come out of PDP. All that is bull. It is an insult on people like:

Donald Duke,
Amaechi,
Ribadu,
Okonjo Iweala,
Sanusi Lamido,
El Rufai,
Soludo,
Deziani Madueke,
Akunyili etc.

who were appointed by and have served under the PDP led governement.

Even if you dont like PDP, it is wrong to cast both the wheat and the grass into the same fire. Mind you, lots of people in CPC today are people who were once in PDP. Are you saying all those who came out from PDP into CPC are bad? If so, why do you want anyone to vote your party. 1 tree cannot make a forest. I am happy however that for once the democratic process is coming alive.

Please Please don't insult us by naming Donald Duke amongst the bright ones, some 1 who used all his states resources to build Tinapa (white elephant project)that was a waste,  when he could have used the resources to fix the poverty and educational challenges that were starring him in his face.

Who dey visit the Tinapa (much expensive than a 2 week holiday abroad) that he built on his ego trip.

The project should have bn in phases. Finish off 1 phase start to generate money from 1 and use it to build the other phase,

Noo he wanted to finish it all in one go so his name could be on the records to say Donald Duke finished this, what a fool for a young lad,

Build Cable Car dey put Coat of Arms inside am for President OBJ to see and swell for head, on top nothing

check ot the so called Tinapa , middle class man cannot even afford to go for 2 days and yet he thinks its a laudible project,

No be only lion dey Kenya Games Reserve and dey make more from tourism than the whole 9ija put together.  sad

Sorry Duke was and is a noise maker playing to the gallery. I was not one of the ones bn fooled, I could see right through him, 

Building cable cars in a country that has no power, (LOL) I watch and see people praising him and I think they dont know
the amount of underage Prostitution going on in Cross River due to negligence of Education in Dukes time.

I have videos of schools with no chairs and blackboards in that state. Pupils sitting on bare floors to listen to lectures.

Yet he uses peoples money to invite Maxi Priest to come and sing @ their so called 30 day dance of shame called Carnival

He has so brain washed the people dancing with his wife in town like the head clown. and calling it Tourism shame, His successor Liyel Imoke too has joined
the same bandwagonw as well, Using the so called Carnival to steal state money angry with his wife shaking her big bosom all over town in the carnival train,
idiots,

The fella even uses state money to organise one yeye silly mountain marathon (obudu race) and boasts in shame that its the most expensive mountain cross country in the whole world in terms of prize money, 1 yeye oyinbo boy go come win amd and we pay them the prize money in dollars call world press to come and see , all these in the midst of poverty in his state,  Talk about getting your priorities right, afterwards for the night party , he picks up his saxophone with his daughter and they start to blow one kind yeye tune,  to the galerry,  what a shame,

The total prize money for the 6th Obudu Mountain Race has been increased.  This has become necessary with the introduction this year of the women version of the African Nation’s Mountain Running Championship.

The total prize money has gone up from $245,500 to $278,000.  The prize money for the 1st – 10th position for the 6th Obudu Mountain Race however remain the same, graduated from $50,000, $20,000 and $9,000 respectively for 1st – 3rd positions.  The prizes for 4th -10th remain at $4,500, $4,000, $3,000, $2,500, $2,000, $1,500 and $1,000 respectively.

According to William Archibong, the Chairman of the Local Organizing Committee, “the increase in the total figure is necessitated by the addition this year of the female team version of the African Nation’s Mountain Running Championship.  The prize money for this event is also the same for both the men and women”.

i dey laf ooooo, pleazee pleaze 4 get Deziani Madueke I begii, she is just all talk and English with nothing upsupstair, she can carry on boning GEJ to retain her Petroleum Portfolio. we all know anyway,   embarassed
Re: Buhari Live In Lagos (pictures) by AljUche: 1:10am On Apr 07, 2011
ideylaff:

Who dey visit the Tinapa (much expensive than a 2 week holiday abroad) that he built on his ego trip.

The project should have bn in phases. Finish off 1 phase start to generate money from 1 and use it to build the other phase,

Noo he wanted to finish it all in one go so his name could be on the records to say Donald Duke finished this, what a fool for a young lad,

Build Cable Car dey put Coat of Arms inside am for President OBJ to see and swell for head, on top nothing

check ot the so called Tinapa , middle class man cannot even afford to go for 2 days and yet he thinks its a laudible project,

No be only lion dey Kenya Games Reserve and dey make more from tourism than the whole 9ija put together.  sad

Sorry Duke was and is a noise maker playing to the gallery. I was not one of the ones bn fooled, I could see right through him, 

I have videos of schools with no chairs and blackboards in that state. Pupils sitting on bare floors to listen to lectures.

Yet he uses peoples money to invite Maxi Priest to come and sing @ their so called 30 day dance of shame called Carnival

idiots,

The fella even uses state money to organise one yeye silly mountain marathon (obudu race) and boasts in shame that its the most expensive mountain cross country in the whole world in terms of prize money, 1 yeye oyinbo boy go come win amd and we pay them the prize money in dollars call world press to come and see , all these in the midst of poverty in his state,  Talk about getting your priorities right, afterwards for the night party , he picks up his saxophone with his daughter and they start to blow one kind yeye tune,  to the galerry,  what a shame,

i dey laf ooooo, pleazee pleaze 4 get Deziani Madueke I begii, she is just all talk and English with nothing upsupstair, she can carry on boning GEJ to retain her Petroleum Portfolio. we all know anyway,   embarassed

you must be sick in the head to call duke's project a white elephant project

do you not know that without an international airport, how do you expect such place to grow

was it not this same PDP that frustrated duke out of the project angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Buhari Live In Lagos (pictures) by jason123: 1:34am On Apr 07, 2011
EzeUche:

Eziachi reminds me of my uncle who support Buhari. He makes valid points, but just like my uncle, Eziachi is part of that generation that suffered during the civil war.

So, do you believe his post or you think its rubbish

If you believe it, then, what is the next step to take??
If you don't, we shall wait after the election and 2015, won't we?

BTW, can you remember . . .about 2 months ago when I first posted this same thing?? What was your reply In fact, that character called Onlytruth said I hated the Igbo nation and that if his "enemies" are having unrest over this issue, it means Ohaneze is doing something right". Now can you remember??!

The truth is that the status quo does not suit anyone! Everyone wants a free and fair environment, a corrupt reduced environment, a moral conscious environment. That will be the best bet for everyone because if we should continue with this "chop make I chop mentality", it will only end in our demise. Support the Nigerian youths not paid internet propagandist!
Re: Buhari Live In Lagos (pictures) by ideylaff: 1:40am On Apr 07, 2011
you must be sick in the head to call duke's project a white elephant project

do you not know that without an international airport, how do you expect such place to grow

was it not this same PDP that frustrated duke out of the project

@ Alj Uche ,  me Sick haba, no need for bad language, my bro,  sad

when we speak we speak with figures, facts and experience,

Duke embarked on that project without proper due diligence, we told him the amount he was borrowing from the World Bank was just to much burden for the state to bear and all he needed to do was do the project in Phases

Build one and generate revenue to sustain another but he went on building all over the place like an fool

eg: Their is a honey making factory in Tinapa that employs people, we said to him make the factory bigger, start to make honey and other stuff you can sell/export to generate revenue and then the money coming in is used to service another part of the project,

na he just ignored us all

what was Liyel Imokes cry as soon as he took over, he said there is no money in the treasury,

Duke might have meant well but his ego got in the way by trying to Finish Tinapa in one whole swoop.

Ok back to your line of argument, of no airport,

Will you take an Hippopotamus to an Area where there is drought or no water/pool at all and expect them to survive, naaaaaa

PDP did not frustrate Duke, he himself was leading himself blindly, why build like a bush man and then think of Airport afterwards,  look at Tinapas
1st plan it was phased but Duke thought Rome was built in a day.

The oyinbos even told him sir, why dont we build operate , generate revenue and build afterwards, he said naaaa in the presence of his wife

Na we start am an we go finish am kinda ego got in the way, 

Go to Kenya and see only Lions and Tigers generating money for tourism with less capital expended in the whole experience.

he must have thought Disney was built in one day,

Have u bn to Disney b4 u will see that year after year they add a new ride or new experiences
to the  park to make it more interesting and eventful, They did not build Disney in 1 day

I am not talking of Tinapa from you tube video or NTA /CNN advert, I am talking 4rm facts based on experience

That is all Im saying and I think I deserve an apology for you to call me sick just because u don't agree with my line of thought

I wont engage you in that uncouth manner, naaaa

NB: A white elephant project = A rare, expensive possession that is a financial burden to maintain

Re: Buhari Live In Lagos (pictures) by AljUche: 1:45am On Apr 07, 2011
ideylaff:

Sick haba, no need for bad language, my bro,

when we speak we speak with figures,

Duke embarked on that project without proper due diligence, we told him the amount he was borrowing from the World Bank was just to much burden for the state to bear and all he needed to do was do the project in Phases

Build one and generate revenue to sustain another but he went on building all over the place like an fool

eg: Their is a honey making factory in Tinapa that employs people, we said to him make the factory bigger, start to make honey and other stuff you can sell/export to generate revenue and then the money coming in is used to service another part of the project,

na he just ignored us all

what was Liyel Imokes cry as soon as he took over, he said there is no money in the treasury,

Duke might have meant well but his ego got in the way by trying to Finish Tinapa in one whole swoop.

Ok back to your line of argument, of no airport,

Will you take Hippopotamus to an Area where there is drought or no water/pool at all and expect them to survive, naaaaaa

PDP did not frustrate Duke, he himself was leading himself blindly, why build like a bush man and then think of Airport afterwards, look at Tinapas
1st plane it was phased but Duke thought Rome was built in a day

Go to Kenya and see only Lions and Tigers generating money for tourism with less capital expended in the whole experience.

he must have thought Disney was built in one day,

Have u bn to Disney b4 u will see that year after tear they add a new ride or new experiences
to the  park to make it more interesting and eventful, They did not buuld Disney in 1 day

I am not talking of Tinapa form you tube video or NTA /CNN advert, we are talking 4rm facts based on experience

That is all Im saying and I think I deserve an apology for you to call me sick just because u don't agree with my line of thought

ok sorry for such language

i am trully sorry brother, next time i would be more civiled cheesy cheesy cheesy smiley wink
Re: Buhari Live In Lagos (pictures) by ektbear: 1:48am On Apr 07, 2011
@ideylaff: You paint such a negative picture of Tinapa. Is it doing that poorly? undecided I have some friends who visited it over Christmas break, and they really enjoyed it, thought it was great.
Re: Buhari Live In Lagos (pictures) by jason123: 1:56am On Apr 07, 2011
ekt_bear:

@ideylaff: You paint such a negative picture of Tinapa. Is it doing that poorly? undecided I have some friends who visited it over Christmas break, and they really enjoyed it, thought it was great.

That project needs revival mehn!!!! I really had high hopes for it. I think what it needs is an airport nearby and something else to attract people eg trade.
Re: Buhari Live In Lagos (pictures) by ideylaff: 1:57am On Apr 07, 2011
@ideylaff: You paint such a negative picture of Tinapa. Is it doing that poorly?   I have some friends who visited it over Christmas break, and they really enjoyed it, thought it was great.

naaa Ohh of cos you can have fun there, I was looking @ Tinapa as a project in its entirety which was solely to generate revenue, boost tourism and provide employment at the sametime.

yes when I've bn there a few times as well I saw foreigners /visitors sparingly too but not in the magnitude as expected,

will you fly in go thru stess @ MMA and then head for Tinapa by road, naaaaa

Just like you can say MMAirport 2 is a failure cos the airport is not generating the expected revenue, he over built.

not according to the plan on paper, now Banks are calling back for their loans, and  they have no revenue to back it up or meet up to payments.

My bro you wont buy a Dog and then build a kernel for it afterwards, in the real sense of how things are meant to be done

I really dreamt of how Tinapa was going to boost tourism and put Calabar on the World Map, but Duke had other plans, like I said Disney was not built in a day,
or as they say Rome was not as well

Mid last year, I got wind of the problems facing the multi-billion dollar Tinapa Business and Leisure Resort in Calabar, Nigeria. “The shops and stalls are closed and the place is deserted and there’s much going on”, I was told then. In fact, my source tagged the Tinapa concept as another white elephant Nigerian project.

Then, I didn’t want to believe given the strategic importance of project. But now, Loses N219b Yearly On Tinapa) is forcing me to think otherwise: “The Tinapa Business and Leisure Resort, built at an estimated cost of $450 million (about N54 billion), is not operational”
The Tinapa business resort was commissioned by the Federal government back in April 2007. It was billed Africa's largest resort at the time and promised so much. It's 4 years now and little is heard of the place except for the various issues and counter issues maligning it's success.

Tinapa was built at a cost of about $450m (N70b) at today's cost. It is set on a site of about 265 hectares and includes, Shopping Complex, hotels, Studio complex(for film making), Arcades, Parks etc. People who have been there attest to it's beauty and potential to transform the entire region and Nigeria as a whole. So far all but the Retail outlets have witnessed significant patronage. Even at that the overall patronage is very low.

Why is it witnessing low patronage considering it's immense potentials? There a number problems affecting the success of the complex which honestly shouldn't be. For example, the distance from mainland Calabar to Tinapa is like 25km. That is like 21/2 times the length of 3rd Mainland Bridge. It cost N3000 a drop to get there and another N3000 back. Imagine you are going for some window shopping, it'll cost you N6,000 already. It even gets worse for visitors outside Calabar. Flights in an out of Calabar are not as frequent and flexible as it should be. The distance from the airport to Tinapa is another cause for concern.

Another major impediment is the lack of major retail outlets and anchor tenants. Anchor Tenants are shops like Walmart, Shoprite, Primark who occupy large floor spaces and command the ability to draw a lot of shoppers. Without them, it's hard to see the traffic required for other tenants to market their products. Lack of constant power supply is also a problem in Tinapa. It's strange this is a problem as managers of Tinapa insists there is "uninterrupted power supply".

Re: Buhari Live In Lagos (pictures) by ugostefano(m): 2:00am On Apr 07, 2011
i have a friend whos is from the niger delta he used to live in PH cos his parents works in one of the oil companies but this guy hates pdp becuase of what odili did to them and also one of his parents got kiddnapped the other day(last yr). he laughs at me for supporting goodluck and he tells me bayelsa is underdeveloped even though they have the smallest population.

i cant renew my nigerian passport meaning i cant travel to nigeria because thier e-passport machine is down.
most nigerians here dont support goodluck only a few with ties to present goverment.

i wish nigerians should vote for whoever is sincere and have a good motive for the country because we have lagged behind in so many aspects like infastructure developments, health(here health is free for me just present my health card), good education and transportation less road accident we have lost alot throught eg. dagrin(he could have been alive if there was a good health system).

under pdp we lost many of thier own through health care even though they were flown aborad from treatment eg stella obsanjo. yar adua. miriam babaginda, they should have use the resouces to build a good health system even for thier loved ones.

12 years of pdp we cannot point any aspect of the sector that benefited from it and i feel to make our democray strong we should give room to oppostion even if is for a single term look at USA . lets us take nigeria foward and forget personal interest but a collective interest for one other despite ethinic and religious background.
so pdp you make way for a while.
Re: Buhari Live In Lagos (pictures) by OAM4J: 2:04am On Apr 07, 2011
Eziachi:

whether this last gimmick by APGA/OHANEZE has the  final blessing of Our IKEMBA, no one can tell as PETER OBI is now more PDP than Jonathan himself, how quickly people forget.  So Ndigbo has succeeded in putting all their eggs in one basket and their is no backup left.
Compared that scenario to the Yoruba's. Love them or hate them they understood the politics of crooked Nigeria. If Buhari is to win, hurray! they are number two without asking.  If Jonathan winS, Obasanjo is still in charge.  No matter what happened in this election, both Buhari/Jonathan has vow not to be involved in 2015 and if their words is to be kept, the YORUBA has a standby and untainted gold bar like candidate positioned for 2015 in Fashola.

Whao! Excellent analysis and thought provoking. Wish this piece can be distributed to every Ndigbo.
Re: Buhari Live In Lagos (pictures) by TNUBU4LIFE: 2:11am On Apr 07, 2011
IF ELECTION IS DONE TODAY ON NAIRALAND,BB WILL WIN,WHY NOT?

JARUS=MAURICE IWU

AISHA2= MADAM AYOKA ADEBAYO(DISGRACED IDO OSI/EKITI -WONDER REC)
Re: Buhari Live In Lagos (pictures) by EvilBrain1(m): 2:29am On Apr 07, 2011
Epic post by Eziachi. He just compensated me for all the mindless cra.p I've had to read from other posters. A true diamond in the rough.

I was shocked that those APGA people were dum.b enough to endorse Jonathan. Everybody knows that if you get in bed with PDP, you're going to get forked. Just ask the Alliance for Democracy. I guess we've seen the last of APGA. PDP is going to eat their lunch and drink their fanta.

Too bad.
Re: Buhari Live In Lagos (pictures) by honeric01(m): 2:35am On Apr 07, 2011
Now see a confident president to be walking with action. cool

Re: Buhari Live In Lagos (pictures) by honeric01(m): 2:36am On Apr 07, 2011
Cross section of the audience at Ember Creek

Re: Buhari Live In Lagos (pictures) by honeric01(m): 2:38am On Apr 07, 2011
Mrs Bakare seated with the audience at Ember Creek for the Youth reception of BB in Lagos

Re: Buhari Live In Lagos (pictures) by honeric01(m): 2:39am On Apr 07, 2011
The ecstatic audience at City Hall, Lagos for the CPC Town Hall meeting

Re: Buhari Live In Lagos (pictures) by honeric01(m): 2:40am On Apr 07, 2011
What's happening on Facebook and Twitter? CPC Presidential Candidate, Muhammadu Buhari, checks social network event uploads on Ipad! Photo by: Kayode Ogundamisi.

Re: Buhari Live In Lagos (pictures) by honeric01(m): 2:41am On Apr 07, 2011
BB having a chat at the Lagos Town Hall meeting

Re: Buhari Live In Lagos (pictures) by honeric01(m): 2:43am On Apr 07, 2011
Gen. Buahri, addressing the audience at CPC Town Hall meeting at City Hall, Lagos Island

Re: Buhari Live In Lagos (pictures) by honeric01(m): 2:44am On Apr 07, 2011
cool cool cool cool cool cool

Re: Buhari Live In Lagos (pictures) by honeric01(m): 2:45am On Apr 07, 2011
BB seated at the rally venue

Re: Buhari Live In Lagos (pictures) by AljUche: 2:59am On Apr 07, 2011
those people look igbo

i think jonathan was right

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

ENUGU KILLINGS; Charity Begins At Home Not Only In Chibok. Reno Omokri. Picture. / Lawyer Sues FG, 12 Northern States For Sharing In VAT Realised From Alchohol / No Elected Public Officer Should Earn 10 Times More Than Minimum Wage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.