Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,903 members, 7,817,677 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (244) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (965145 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by obiageIi(f): 10:22pm On May 05, 2017
Turks:
They'll never grow with this formulation. It's an imbalanced formula.
The kind of combo people feed their birds on nairaland is just amazing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 10:37pm On May 05, 2017
obiageIi:

The kind of combo people feed their birds on nairaland is just amazing
Raw beans is harmful to poultry just like humans.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bigthingz: 10:02am On May 06, 2017
Good morning house. My 5weeks pullet have chronic coccidiosis that's what the pm reveals..and are dyeing. The seems to have resistance of coccs drug...pls any suggestion what I should give them?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Turks: 10:08am On May 06, 2017
Have you tried an organic approach?
bigthingz:
Good morning house. My 5weeks pullet have chronic coccidiosis that's what the pm reveals..and are dyeing. The seems to have resistance of coccs drug...pls any suggestion what I should give them?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by topmantee: 10:44am On May 06, 2017
Fresh medium sized eggs available in our farm off Abeokuta-Shagamu expressway .....contact AK on 09069423065
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 11:38am On May 06, 2017
bigthingz:
Which drugs have you given to them?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Rexology: 12:03pm On May 06, 2017
Please house between Broilers (for meat) and Layers(for egg) which one has the shortest pay back period and higher profitability?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 06, 2017
Rexology:
Please house between Broilers (for meat) and Layers(for egg) which one has the shortest pay back period and higher profitability?
Broilers
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bigthingz: 1:18pm On May 06, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

Which drugs have you given to them?
diclosole last week and maxicocc this week
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 1:39pm On May 06, 2017
bigthingz:
I advise you take other drugs like embazin forte and use the right dosage (3ml/5 liters) for three days.

High or low dosage could make your chicks resistant to the diclosol.
The recommended dosage and Administration is below and its given continuous for 2 days

Add 1 ml DICLOSOL liquid / 4 liters of drinking water (2.5ppm) for 48 hrs.

In severe cases :
Add 1 ml DICLOSOL liquid / 2 liters of drinking water (5ppm) for 48 hrs.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Fongido(m): 3:54pm On May 06, 2017
EMMAACHILE:
What I still suspect is still temperature of this season and feed.
Coccidiosis affects the growth of chickens
Thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Jofez: 5:13pm On May 06, 2017
bigthingz:
I'll advice you administer alongside with Admacine in case it happens to be enteritis. It has similar symptom with coccidiosis
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by soloniger(m): 6:09am On May 07, 2017
soloniger:
My friend in kano want to sale his 7 week boilers, what is the average price per kilogram, please?
sold at N800/kg is it fair?, though made some profit
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 10:33am On May 07, 2017
soloniger:
sold at N800/kg is it fair?, though made some profit
Lokoja is 1000/kg for dressed weight
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by OlujobaSamuel: 12:18pm On May 07, 2017
Pls I need help.
My birds are dying. I discovered fowl pox infection in some birds about two weeks ago. Treated them with Pox off, Viramix and Antibiotics for about 4days, I gave them once in a day and thereafter give them Vitamin(Samovit plus Superliv), but I discovered that few were not eating again as they ought to. I suspected that the combination was too powerful, so I stopped and continue with the vitamin.
However, the birds(layers and cockerel) are still lacking appetite and are dying.
I also noticed that there is reduction in egg size, thus affecting my selling price.
What can I do to rectify this problem.
NB: The cockerels were not having signs of the pox, I only gave them as preventive measures. I vaccinated them together.
I also have broilers', although younger than the duo, but there were not affected as I never gave them the drug.
Thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by topmantee: 6:42pm On May 07, 2017
Fresh medium sized eggs available in our farm off Abeokuta-Shagamu expressway .....contact AK on 09069423065
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 7:28pm On May 07, 2017
OlujobaSamuel:
Pls I need help.
My birds are dying. I discovered fowl pox infection in some birds about two weeks ago. Treated them with Pox off, Viramix and Antibiotics for about 4days, I gave them once in a day and thereafter give them Vitamin(Samovit plus Superliv), but I discovered that few were not eating again as they ought to. I suspected that the combination was too powerful, so I stopped and continue with the vitamin.
However, the birds(layers and cockerel) are still lacking appetite and are dying.
I also noticed that there is reduction in egg size, thus affecting my selling price.
What can I do to rectify this problem.
NB: The cockerels were not having signs of the pox, I only gave them as preventive measures. I vaccinated them together.
I also have broilers', although younger than the duo, but there were not affected as I never gave them the drug.
Thanks
Details needed
How many dead? What is their mode and poo like? What feed are there on?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by OlujobaSamuel: 7:42pm On May 07, 2017
EMMAACHILE:
Details needed How many dead? What is their mode and poo like? What feed are there on?
4dead comb turns whitish watery greenish white mixture a private feed mill(samsol) approved animal care formula I've been giving them for a month plus, and i give same to the broilers
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 07, 2017
OlujobaSamuel:

4dead
comb turns whitish
watery greenish white mixture
a private feed mill(samsol) approved animal care formula
I've been giving them for a month plus, and i give same to the broilers
The watery white/green poop means the chicks are not eating well. Its better you serve some good multivitamin with a chick mash feed. If possible, buy a commercial (Chick Mash) to confirm whether its from the feed.

White comb? Could be favus, a fungus
What others Signs apart from the White comb? Powdery spots/wrinkled crusts, Feather loss, Thick crusty skin or Loss of condition.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Turks: 8:04pm On May 07, 2017
1) you have to be wary of them feed millers. No biosecurity whatsoever in place.

2) Looks like you have a case of NCD on your hands
OlujobaSamuel:

4dead
comb turns whitish
watery greenish white mixture
a private feed mill(samsol) approved animal care formula
I've been giving them for a month plus, and i give same to the broilers
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 07, 2017
Turks:
1) you have to be wary of them feed millers. No biosecurity whatsoever in place.

I will recommend gumbocine to treat it in case it is a fungal infection.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Turks: 8:07pm On May 07, 2017
I agree. Admacine or Gumbocine + Polidine for 5 days should do the trick. After which he'd have to administer La Sota to the whole flock.
EMMAACHILE:

I will recommend gumbocine to treat it in case it is a fungal infection.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 07, 2017
Turks:
I agree. Admacine or Gumbocine + Polidine for 5 days should do the trick. After which he'd have to administer La Sota to the whole flock.
Lasota vaccine again?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Turks: 8:10pm On May 07, 2017
Yessir. Lethargy has set in alongside green poo. Those are pointers. The Fowlpox is something else all together which can be treated after they must have improved.
EMMAACHILE:

Lasota vaccine again?

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by OlujobaSamuel: 8:29pm On May 07, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

The watery white/green poop means the chicks are not eating well. Its better you serve some good multivitamin with a chick mash feed. If possible, buy a commercial (Chick Mash) to confirm whether its from the feed.

White comb? Could be favus, a fungus
What others Signs apart from the White comb? Powdery spots/wrinkled crusts, Feather loss, Thick crusty skin or Loss of condition.
yes, those conditions are present
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by OlujobaSamuel: 8:31pm On May 07, 2017
Turks:

their bags come with an animal care seal, but i will still need to watch out also.
NCD? i seriously hope not.
thanks, will work on the 2points raised.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by OlujobaSamuel: 8:34pm On May 07, 2017
Turks and EMMAACHILE, thanks, will work on your suggestions and revert back here.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by OlujobaSamuel: 8:37pm On May 07, 2017
Turks:
should i administer the La Sota immediately(6th day) or after how many days?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 8:45pm On May 07, 2017
OlujobaSamuel:

Its best on the 7th day. The 6th day should be clean water

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Turks: 8:57pm On May 07, 2017
No sir. Give plain water on the 6th day. And then give La Sota on the 7th
OlujobaSamuel:

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by OlujobaSamuel: 10:49pm On May 07, 2017
thanks sirs. will do as told

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.