Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (247) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (963460 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Obcglobal(m): 4:25pm On May 19, 2017
adedapodvirus001:
please house, my birds are affected with Newcastle disease. which antibiotics should I use. can I combine amoxycol and doxygen
never you vaccinate already sick bird because if you do, you may loss all your investment ok. First give them anti-biotics like doxy gen 20 20 to suppres the new castle disease first ok.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 7:16pm On May 19, 2017
treasure1990:
Hi am new here I really want to start a poultry farm my question how much will it cost me to start with 500 birds broilers.? From kano
Estimate between N1000 - N1300 per Bird
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by lanre2009: 7:46pm On May 19, 2017
What will be the likely profit on each of the birds?

EMMAACHILE:

Estimate between N1000 - N1300 per Bird

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jay7(m): 6:07am On May 20, 2017
lanre2009:

It depends on the market value in your area do your feasibility studies and know how much buyers are willing to buy a bird of 2kg and above.

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 7:30am On May 20, 2017
lanre2009:

Depending on final size. Dressed weight is sold for averagely 900/bird.
Meaning estimated sale of 1800 for a 2kg dressed bird

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bigthingz: 7:40am On May 21, 2017
Good morning house . pls my 7.5 weeks pullet have salmonella according to the culture conducted on them . we have been treating them for coccidiocis initially for 3weeks BT cudnt see improvement so we had to run culture test. The problem now is we are yet to administer fowl pox to them because of the mortality we are picking as a result of their sickness. Will delaying their fowl pox affect them...or should we go ahead and administer it to them as suggest by a vet. The medication prescribed to us for the selmonella is .....can't remember exactly BT starts wit flo..pls any advice is appreciated
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by alakara(m): 7:42am On May 21, 2017
bigthingz:
Good morning house . pls my 7.5 weeks pullet have salmonella according to the culture conducted on them . we have been treating them for coccidiocis initially for 3weeks BT cudnt see improvement so we had to run culture test. The problem now is we are yet to administer fowl pox to them because of the mortality we are picking as a result of their sickness. Will delaying their fowl pox affect them...or should we go ahead and administer it to them as suggest by a vet. The medication prescribed to us for the selmonella is .....can't remember exactly BT starts wit flo..pls any advice is appreciated

Don't vaccinate sick bird.Treat them first afterwards vaccinate them.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Turks: 8:20am On May 21, 2017
Sangrovit is all you need. Read up on Sangrovit. Your number one choice for salmonella treatment.
bigthingz:

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Josephamstrong1(m): 8:56am On May 21, 2017
bigthingz:

Isolate the healthy ones for FPV.
You can't wait till all are healthy.
Let's check it this way. Fowl pox vaccine is due to be administered. Now you still waiting for them to recover from cocci disease?
Don't ever wait for fowlpox to infest your birds...That will be the end.
Wen the sick ones recovers from the cocci then go on wt the FPV.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bigthingz: 8:55pm On May 21, 2017
alakara:

Don't vaccinate sick bird.Treat them first afterwards vaccinate them.
thankx
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bigthingz: 9:01pm On May 21, 2017
Josephamstrong1:

Isolate the healthy ones for FPV.
You can't wait till all are healthy.
Let's check it this way. Fowl pox vaccine is due to be administered. Now you still waiting for them to recover from cocci disease?
Don't ever wait for fowlpox to infest your birds...That will be the end.
Wen the sick ones recovers from the cocci then go on wt the FPV.
thanks alot
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by twoMcfemad: 11:54am On May 24, 2017
Live matured broilers for sale. Location is Mowe Ofada Road, Ogun state. Call 08062929892. Thank you!
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 11:59am On May 24, 2017
A NEWLY BUILT 7,500 BIRDS CAPACITY POULTRY HOUSE WITH 4 ROOMS AND ONE TOILET AND ONE BATHROOM ON A FULL PLOT OF LAND AT APATA ASABARI AREA KUOLA CLOSE TO AKALA EXPRESS AND OBASANJO HATCHERY IBADAN FOR SALE AT 3.5 MILLION ASKING PRICE. FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL 08020917141.
*I tried attaching the pictures but not uplaoding,u can also add me on whatsapp then I send u the pictures*
THANK YOU

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by segun1976: 5:42pm On May 26, 2017
Oluwajomiloju20:
A NEWLY BUILT 7,500 BIRDS CAPACITY POULTRY HOUSE WITH 4 ROOMS AND ONE TOILET AND ONE BATHROOM ON A FULL PLOT OF LAND AT APATA ASABARI AREA KUOLA CLOSE TO AKALA EXPRESS AND OBASANJO HATCHERY IBADAN FOR SALE AT 3.5 MILLION ASKING PRICE. FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL 08020917141.
*I tried attaching the pictures but not uplaoding,u can also add me on whatsapp then I send u the pictures*
THANK YOU

I am interested in this but please confirm the details provided above. 7500 birds? Is it battery cage or deep litter system? Is the facility fenced?

Thanks for your prompt response.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Babacele: 10:32am On May 27, 2017
POL @16 weeks for sale. We supply any where in the country. serious people only please. free consultancy services available too. thanks.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Chibenze(m): 6:22am On May 28, 2017
one of my turkey (4months old) is weak nd dull not eating . pls what is the medicine to give to save the life and others, the poo is watery and whitish with some green colour. help
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by baggiosne: 4:40pm On May 29, 2017
Chibenze:
one of my turkey (4months old) is weak nd dull not eating . pls what is the medicine to give to save the life and others, the poo is watery and whitish with some green colour. help
pls house,I discovered an inccessanT wet litter in my farm for a month now,my discovery is dat d birds poo is always watery thou normal in colour....pls what can I do to mak dia poo thick again,somebdy shld help me I beg oo
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bolapfish(m): 10:09am On May 30, 2017
Babacele:
POL @16 weeks for sale. We supply any where in the country. serious people only please. free consultancy services available too. thanks.

How much?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by baggiosne: 9:38am On May 31, 2017
baggiosne:
pls house,I discovered an inccessanT wet litter in my farm for a month now,my discovery is dat d birds poo is always watery thou normal in colour....pls what can I do to mak dia poo thick again,somebdy shld help me I beg oo
why pple dnt reply dis day again?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tasho105(m): 7:38pm On May 31, 2017
Hi guys,new to poultry biz.i got 50 broilers and 5 foreign turkeys from poutry plaza.They are 9 days old today.Lost 1 turkey and 3 broilers so far,others look great.I have been feeding and giving them medications and Vaccines according tto what i learnt from nairaland.i gave them gumboro vacc today being the 9th day.hope i am on track.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by gboye1999: 1:59am On Jun 01, 2017
Bekenma12:

We have all kind of nipple drinker and cages

Just a question? How much do your cages cost? I can see the sizes and number of birds but cost?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by afosoft: 11:17am On Jun 01, 2017
fungle:

like i said i have a fledgling in Anambra and i need the best day old i can get, they tell me Agrited is the real deal.

What is the quantity of the birds you need. Layer/broiler or cockerel. I can deliver to asaba or onitsha and you pick it up from there. Good birds good source. call me 08038636142, 08181149796

For alll your day old chick at good price. Call me 08038636142,08181149796. Delivery is Nationwide.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by abbeyforex(m): 3:10pm On Jun 01, 2017
6 sets of this imported layer's cage available for sale in Ibadan . Pm me on whatsapp for more info. Contact on my signature.

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by eddyline(m): 6:01pm On Jun 01, 2017
came back to meet my birds looking paralyzed. can't stand on two feet. what could be responsible? how do I handle this?

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jun 01, 2017
the facilities is not fenced but maximum 1000 and security guaranteed I did over giant 3000 turkey there and none got lost.. and it deep litres
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jun 01, 2017
A NEWLY BUILT 3,500 BIRDS CAPACITY POULTRY HOUSE DEEP LITRES AND THE FACILITIES IS NOT FENCED BUT MAXIMUM SECURITY GUARANTEED (IT AN O.P.C TERITORY ) WITH 4 ROOMS AND ONE TOILET AND ONE BATHROOM ON A FULL PLOT OF LAND AT APATA ASABARI AREA KUOLA CLOSE TO AKALA EXPRESS AND OBASANJO HATCHERY IBADAN FOR SALE AT 3 MILLION ASKING PRICE. FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL 08020917141.
THANK YOU
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jfkenny(m): 5:08am On Jun 02, 2017
Good morning all..i need help, I spread carbide residue around my pen, the next morning they all became terribly sic.. They lost their weight.. Two died.. Any remedy, who has had such experience..
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by baggiosne: 10:37am On Jun 02, 2017
jfkenny:
Good morning all..i need help, I spread carbide residue around my pen, the next morning they all became terribly sic.. They lost their weight.. Two died.. Any remedy, who has had such experience..
frequent wet litter's solution caused by watery fowls poo....pls any solution to dis,help! Help!
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nbg4real: 8:55pm On Jun 02, 2017
I had similar case, deworb them, give them antibiotic that contained tetracycline for 5 dayz and then liver tonic.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by baggiosne: 10:11pm On Jun 02, 2017
Nbg4real:
I had similar case, deworb them, give them antibiotic that contained tetracycline for 5 dayz and then liver tonic.
tnk u,I'm So grateful 4ur response
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kofo101: 11:46am On Jun 04, 2017
fnk:

True.
been your follower in here, Can you forward the reports for a prospective starter to me as you copied ppl too.
smattad@hotmail.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by manya(m): 3:41pm On Jun 04, 2017
Please is there any one in the house that can help me with a solution to making my own feed in my poultry farm, in a small way? I have only 3000 layers. The availability and cost of feed is is diaturbibg my business.
I know i can source maize and GNC, but i dont know the other ingredients and how to cpompound them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.