Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,861 members, 7,821,005 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists (15796 Views)

Buhari Set Implement Dress Code For Journalists Covering Villa- NigerianTimes.ng / Amaechi/ribadu 2015. Vs Goodluck/sambo 2015 / Goodluck-sambo Bag Of Rice: Pdp Will Not Kill Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by BluStreak(m): 2:16pm On Apr 07, 2011
This is ridiculous. You guys should stop fueling hate for flimsy reasons. Like you dont know there is what they call 'Gratitude'. Editors of various media house converged to honor a call, it is not out of place to say thank you for coming with something. The journalist that took this shot should come out and deny it. They have several terms for it but one common one they use is 'Brown Envelope'. Now all fingers are not equal as some brown envelops my seem way bigger than others. This is the Feds we are talking of here. Don't categorize it as bribe pleeeeeeease.
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:18pm On Apr 07, 2011
@Beaf, where is my share oooh grin
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by biilwwu(m): 2:22pm On Apr 07, 2011
The money was given to them, for them to go and transform Nigeria.
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by Ibime(m): 2:25pm On Apr 07, 2011
Jonathan will bribe the whole country till we're in debt.

This is not news. We all know GEJ is the master of politics of settlement.
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by emekagh(m): 2:26pm On Apr 07, 2011
Refer to the picture on page one.

Shouldn't the man in the picture be coming out from the 'state house', perhaps in company of other compromised journalists?
Why is he alone, with a nondescript bag, heading into the 'state' instead of out of the place.

Secondly, does it mean that if I can 'manufacture' similar pictures with BB souvenirs,  handset, laptop, and hard currency, BB is doing worse?

This is just a lame attempt at calumny. A six year old can do a better job.

For this lame attempt, GEJ will surely garner more votes.

May Goodluck be our portion, now and in the coming years. Say 'Amen' Nigeria
[center][size=20pt]
Fresh Air 2011!
[/size]
[/center]
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by lwise(m): 2:32pm On Apr 07, 2011
I wonder if some ppl think with thier azz.Hav we all forgotten hw how sahara report lied about the debate question.Is the picture evidence shown above enough for thier claim.Lets take time to scrutinise any report from Sahara b4 we jump to conclusion.
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by Guyman02: 2:33pm On Apr 07, 2011
That bag contains perhaps gifts to hard working journalists who may have followed the President around during his campaign tours, just like they are doing to BB and Ribadu.
Afterall, we get indoctrinated by news from CNN and Aljazeera telling us about how Ghadaffi is killing civilians and NATO bombing his presidential palace to 'protect civilians', with no mention of Saudi Arabia killing civilians and invading Barhain.

Nigerian journalists are better than foreign media that you believe their biased stories; they are known to report facts or they will rather keep quiet than shamelessly report bias stories like CNN or Alj.

Did you see GEJ at the venue? NO
That man wearing caftan in the picture and holding a bag looks very much like a CPC thug.

PDP will loose may seats at the assemblies and guber, but GEJ will win the presidential elections outrightly!!
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by turboman(m): 2:42pm On Apr 07, 2011
Saharareporters is just being silly. I could take a better picture in my bedroom with a similar bag, an Ipad2 n Dollar bills, GEJ/Sambo t-shirt, etc,  this evidence is baseless and is the least i expect from a medium like SR

BTW was this pix capture with a hidden cam, or did one of the journalist reveal his loot to the public. I bet you this might be the share of an SR field officer

Vote wisely, vote the right candidate for a better Nigeria
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by mrnasty: 2:45pm On Apr 07, 2011
This is simply outrageous!!!
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by Dave6: 2:56pm On Apr 07, 2011
These Sahara Reporters are really doing great harm to nobody but themselves.
How can someone (claiming to be a journalist)  just take a picture of some items and claim they were given to him by some persons. And they expect us to just swallow such gist.
They would have provided pictures of the meeting with the PDP officials.
It may be true, it may not be true. But there is no proof available to back this allegation.
And it's funny this story is coming out a day after names of the contractors for election materials were released by a local newspaper.
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by Blazing99: 3:00pm On Apr 07, 2011
The question is "was there a meeting with Journalists at Sheraton Hotels, Abuja yesterday?" If there was, then some peeps simply being biased-minded, ready to defend GEJ even when he is wrong.

First bribery allegation - offering $50,000 to SNG
2nd bribery allegation - offering money to pdp delegates to gain his notes in the pdp presidential primaries
3rd bribery alleation - bribing men of the press with Samsung tab and N500,000.00 notes.

These are the ones we get to know. How about the hundreds we never knew and may never get to know if these thieves continue in power?
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by Nobody: 3:06pm On Apr 07, 2011
Read the full story;

President Goodluck Jonathan's campaign managers today assembled media editors at the Sheraton Hotels, Abuja and doled out N200,000 each in N500 denominations; a Samsung Galaxy Tab and a pack of lapels.

The largesse was doled out to the editors from room 804 of the hotel at about 2pm today, 6th April 2011.
A source told us that the campaign managers appealed to the editors to try as much as they
could to swat public opinion in favour of the worried president whose popularity is waning for his lack of vision and focus.

According to the source, the editors were enjoined to ensure their reporting was slanted so that PDP victory would be justified even if the process is questionable and fraudulent.
The elated editors filed out from the hotel all beaming and clutching to their loot. It was learnt that the the result from the aborted National Assembly election of 2nd April
2011 with poor showing of the PDP in most states is giving the president and his campaign
managers serious headache. They have therefore decided to deploy millions of naira to buy the media and other institutions
including the police, the intelligence community and the armed forces.

The highlighted part just shows how dense the folks at sahara-reporters are and how gullible anyone who believes this story, the campaign team of GEJ would sit down some journalist and tell them that their principal lacks vision and focus----c'mon

Or would tell them out-rightly that the election is going to be rigged, even if you wanna bribe them do you go about telling them this ?,

Just so funny how some folks on nairaland think,
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by AZeD1(m): 3:11pm On Apr 07, 2011
emeka_gh:

Refer to the picture on page one.

Shouldn't the man in the picture be coming out from the 'state house', perhaps in company of other compromised journalists?
Why is he alone, with a nondescript bag, heading into the 'state' instead of out of the place.

Secondly, does it mean that if I can 'manufacture' similar pictures with BB souvenirs,  handset, laptop, and hard currency, BB is doing worse?

This is just a lame attempt at calumny. A six year old can do a better job.

For this lame attempt, GEJ will surely garner more votes.

May Goodluck be our portion, now and in the coming years. Say 'Amen' Nigeri[/b]a
[center][b][size=20pt]
Fresh Air 2011!
[/size]
[/center]

I would just like all GEJ supporters to tell me something reasonable he did while he was governor of bayelsa state??
As for the bolded part above, Nigeria does not need goodluck cos only lazy people pray for goodluck(not GEJ). Nigeria needs responsible people.
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by rully2: 3:14pm On Apr 07, 2011
Such a BIG shame if this is really true. Anyway, what do we expect from Nigerian Government.

sad sad sad sad

Too bad!!
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by Ayoobscom(m): 3:14pm On Apr 07, 2011
Ever since PDP's existence they have been known for every act of indiscipline

So why sould anyone vote for PDP again

imagine my 5years old boy refering to me as PDP when i tried cheating on him in a WHAT game

Every bad refree in Europe are also called PDP, The image is corruption and so the actors
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by debosky(m): 3:16pm On Apr 07, 2011
Guyman02:

That man wearing caftan in the picture and holding a bag looks very much like a CPC thug.

GEJ supporters presenting their weekly gift of utter stupidity. . . .so only CPC 'thugs' wear kaftans? cheesy cheesy

Money wasted on education. sad
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by Nobody: 3:17pm On Apr 07, 2011
Ayoobscom:

Ever since PDP's existence they have been known for every act of indiscipline

So why sould anyone vote for PDP again

imagine my 5years old boy refering to me as PDP when i tried cheating on him in a WHAT game

Every bad refree in Europe are also called PDP, The image is corruption and so the actors
LOl, smart kid
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by babaowo: 3:22pm On Apr 07, 2011
lai lai lairs ,prove the news?
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by dayokanu(m): 3:27pm On Apr 07, 2011
See shame.

The same Goodluck who told us he spoke to Yar'Adua in Saudi?
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by Pataki: 3:31pm On Apr 07, 2011
debosky:

GEJ supporters presenting their weekly gift of utter stupidity. . . .so only CPC 'thugs' wear kaftans? cheesy cheesy

Money wasted on education. sad
www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by ow11(m): 3:33pm On Apr 07, 2011
babasoty:

The highlighted part just shows how dense the folks at sahara-reporters are and how gullible anyone who believes this story, the campaign team of GEJ would sit down some journalist and tell them that their principal lacks vision and focus----c'mon

Or would tell them out-rightly that the election is going to be rigged, even if you wanna bribe them do you go about telling them this ?,

Just so funny how some folks on nairaland think,

It says ''A source told us that the campaign managers appealed to the editors to try as much as they
could to swat public opinion in favour of the worried president whose popularity is waning for his lack of vision and focus''.

That was a reported statement in the narrative and not a quote from the source. The reporter was obviously mocking GEJ during the narrative and added that bit. It does not mean the campaign managers said so. If at all, the quote was paraphrased and ended at worried president.

The clause 'whose popularity is waning for his lack of vision and focus' is an example of an Adjectival clause!

Do you see why it pays to be attentive during classes and not play pen fight?
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by Exponental(m): 3:37pm On Apr 07, 2011
I'm not surprised, I heard something similar from a Polling Assistant, that PDP members are offering them money.
They told them to accredit registered persons who wont come to vote. Other parties to watch out
The envelop has an undisclosed amount
[size=30pt]P[/size][size=30pt]D[/size][size=30pt]P[/size]!!!!
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by ziccoit: 3:45pm On Apr 07, 2011
ow11:

It says ''A source told us that the campaign managers appealed to the editors to try as much as they
could to swat public opinion in favour of the worried president whose popularity is waning for his lack of vision and focus''.

That was a reported statement in the narrative and not a quote from the source. The reporter was obviously mocking GEJ during the narrative and added that bit. It does not mean the campaign managers said so. If at all, the quote was paraphrased and ended at worried president.

The clause 'whose popularity is waning for his lack of vision and focus' is an example of an Adjectival clause!

Do you see why it pays to be attentive during classes and not play pen fight?

grin grin grin I never eat this afternoon o, if have stomach cramp I will hold you responsible o. Se you hear grin grin grin grin grin grin grin,
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by congoshine(m): 3:47pm On Apr 07, 2011

http://www.dailytrust.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=16267:jonathan-meets-30-parties-excludes-acn-cpc-anpp&catid=2:lead-stories&Itemid=8
[size=13pt]
President Goodluck Jonathan and leaders of the People‘s Democratic Party (PDP) yesterday met with the leadership of over 40 opposition political parties ahead of Saturday’s rescheduled National Assembly elections and sought their support during the election, especially if INEC fails to live up to expectations. The meeting, which was held at the Legacy House between 11am and 1pm, however, excluded some of the foremost opposition parties including the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) and Labour Party. It was also attended by Vice President Mohammed Namadi Sambo, acting national chairman of the PDP Dr. Bello Haliru, members of the National Working Committee and some party chieftains including Alhaji Bamanga Tukur.

After the Legacy House session, the opposition politicians retired to Denise Hotel in Wuse Area of Abuja where they met and shared some logistics. When Daily Trust visited the hotel at 7pm, the meeting was not over but few participants, who refused to talk to the press, were sighted streaming out of the hotel with some consignments.[/size]
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by Demdem(m): 3:50pm On Apr 07, 2011
Guyman02:

That bag contains perhaps gifts to hard working journalists who may have followed the President around during his campaign tours, just like they are doing to BB and Ribadu.
Afterall, we get indoctrinated by news from CNN and Aljazeera telling us about how Ghadaffi is killing civilians and NATO bombing his presidential palace to 'protect civilians', with no mention of Saudi Arabia killing civilians and invading Barhain.

Nigerian journalists are better than foreign media that you believe their biased stories; they are known to report facts or they will rather keep quiet than shamelessly report bias stories like CNN or Alj.

PDP will loose may seats at the assemblies and guber, but GEJ will win the presidential elections outrightly!!

what, i cant believe i read that. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by md4real(m): 3:51pm On Apr 07, 2011
guy, this is not news. this trend is common with Nigerian journalist. it called QUA OR BROWN ENVELOPE. most official give it out to encourage or influence favorable reportage.
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by ziccoit: 3:55pm On Apr 07, 2011
Exponental:

I'm not surprised, I heard something similar from a Polling Assistant, that PDP members are offering them money.
They told them to accredit registered persons who wont come to vote. Other parties to watch out
The envelop has an undisclosed amount

Omo, similar thing happened for my unit o. A man came asking people to put down their names on promise to give them #500 if they would swear an oath that their votes would be caste for PDP. People shouted on him that (Omi ti tan leyin eja PDP) the water has dried off the PDP's fish pond. I later learnt #30,000 was allocated to each pooling unit for the activity.

I foresee a serious civil unrest during this election unless Arm Robbery PDP plays by the rule of free, fair and credible elections
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by congoshine(m): 3:56pm On Apr 07, 2011
Ayoobscom:

Kai ! Oga na wa o ! This one pass be careful  cheesy cheesy cheesy

Exponental:

P[/b]ower to [b]D [b]P[/b]ocket  !!
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by onyengbu: 3:57pm On Apr 07, 2011
[size=14pt][center]Ask yourself one simple question,[/center][/size]

[size=18pt]Of all the people seen carrying the bag in picture, how many has the galaxy tab and the Cash?![/size]

So are you telling me that someone who got the bag cannot place cash and samsung galaxy tab pack beside it, take a picture and start making noise?

The manufacturers of this story are succeeding the smae way the succeded with the independence day bombing and claimed they are MEND.

The thing is, people believe what they want to believe. But who care.

[size=28pt]Sai GEJ![/size]
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by Demdem(m): 4:08pm On Apr 07, 2011
@ onye_ngbu

you too ask ursef this question.

Did GEJ men doll doll out money for the SNG group labelling it as transport allowance?
Did GEJ men bribe delegates to win the Presidential slot of PDP?
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by benzion72(m): 4:15pm On Apr 07, 2011
I have some question. Did journalist collect the Samsung Galaxy and the two hundred thousand Naira each? If they do then it confirm my saying that we do not have Leadership problem but follower ship. The fellow that give the bribe is bad and the collector are terrible.
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by Dave6: 4:28pm On Apr 07, 2011
It says ''A source told us that the campaign managers  appealed to the editors to try as much as they could to swat public opinion in favour of the worried president whose popularity is waning for his lack of vision and focus''. That was a reported statement in the narrative and not a  quote from the source.
The reporter was obviously mocking  GEJ during the narrative and added that bit. It does not mean  the campaign managers said so. If at all, the quote was  paraphrased and ended at worried president.

The clause 'whose popularity is waning for his lack of vision  and focus' is an example of an Adjectival clause!

Do you see why it pays to be attentive during classes and not  play pen fight?

I think I'll take this to the Jokes Section!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

National Assembly Severance Package To Gulp N2.8bn / 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims / 1000 APC Members Defect To PDP In Gombe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.