Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Two Marriages And Still No Greencard - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Two Marriages And Still No Greencard (3156 Views)

Guys, Can You Marry This Pretty Lady In Order To Gain USA Greencard??? / Did My Nigerian Husband Marry Me For Love, Greencard, Or Both? / Just How Much Insults Are U Ready To Tke From Ur American Wife because Of Greencard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Marriages And Still No Greencard by justthink: 5:44am On Apr 07, 2011
So here is the short version:
Naija man (NM) meets American Lady(AL). Within weeks of dating NM proposes marriage for greencard. AL declines and they stop dating but reamain in contact strictly as friends only. NM finds someone else to marry but the marriage ends in divorce before he can obtain green card. NM later starts relationship with AL and she gets her pregnant but demands that she aborts child. AL declined to get an abortion. AL told NM and his family she would return to her own family to help raise the child. The family AL advised him to marry her, take care of his responsibilities, and get the green card too! A month after the child was born, NM convinced her to marry him. No wedding, no family or friends invited. Within days the green card application was submitted. Unfortunately, it became clear NM was purely interested in getting a green care especially since the child was born a girl. NM became intensley disrespectful and emotional brutal to his new wife. He began calling her vile names, staying out all night, even allowing his male friends to verbally attack her in front of their child. Eventually AL experienced some intensed depression and returned to her hometown with her child. She asked NM if he would attend marriage counseling with her to get help for their relationship. NM said that he would NOT and that she should be prepared for more of the same treatment when she returned. NM added that he would continue his behavior until she had another child with him. She told NM that she was going to divorce him and withdraw the green card application. NM laughed and did not believe her.  Soon after his divorce papers arrived and some months later he received notice that his green card application had been withdrawn.
NM has had many immigration complications because of it. Although, AL and NM divorced they have remained courteous because of their daugther. However AL went through a few difficult years trying to get over the emotional abuse but eventually made peace with the past. NM refused to apologize for his actions and continued to justify his actions saying that his behaivor is acceptable in his culture. He said that men rule in Nigeria.
Now 10 years later, NM has recently requested AL write a letter of character on his behalf for immigaration purposes. The reasons are extensively complicated but lets just say that immigration is not looking favorably upon the twice divorced Naija man who has already been sponsored for twice as well. AL thought she had put the events of the difficult marriage behind her. But once NM contacted her with this new request she realized she still harbored some negative feelings about they way he treated her.   He needs help but I don’t think he is sorry from what I know about the matter at hand. What can Naija man do to make ammends?
I also dont want to see my friend  foolishly allow herself to get used by her ex.
Re: Two Marriages And Still No Greencard by fstranger3(m): 5:55am On Apr 07, 2011
^^^

This is how Mrs, Chima is going to end up unfortunately. ( No offeinse)

Sup Mrs. Chima, hows life taking care of 5 kids from 6 different baby daddies?
Re: Two Marriages And Still No Greencard by fstranger3(m): 5:57am On Apr 07, 2011
Tell the NM to marry another Akata for the papers. Just give them few cash and it would all be sorted out.

1 Like

Re: Two Marriages And Still No Greencard by justthink: 6:36am On Apr 07, 2011
That is not an option for his particualar case because he married twice already and immigration denied his case. His situation is suspicious and immigration requests are being constantly denied. The ex wife included a letter accusing him of fraud when she contacted the immigration office to stop the green card process. She made some damaging statements agaist him and I guess he has had many problems since. I remember when this all happened. She endured a lot from him. He really messed himself up bad.
Re: Two Marriages And Still No Greencard by LordReed(m): 7:11am On Apr 07, 2011
What does he need the reference for a new application?
Re: Two Marriages And Still No Greencard by aminalib(f): 7:15am On Apr 07, 2011
well he did that to himself, i do not feel sorry for him one bit, an evil person is an evil person no matter wat, even if he was seeking just his card he could have treated her better,
Re: Two Marriages And Still No Greencard by MrsChima(f): 7:25am On Apr 07, 2011
fstranger3:

^^^

This is how Mrs, Chima is going to end up unfortunately. ( No offeinse)

Sup Mrs. Chima, hows life taking  care of  5 kids from 6 different baby daddies?

Did you get a date in Chicago/Indiana after being rejected and begging yet?   grin grin grin grin grin  Still waiting on that visa huh?

Is that how many kids you want to adopt with your gay lover?  No damn wonder you scamming.  Good luck!  Try not to get shot.   cool
Re: Two Marriages And Still No Greencard by freecocoa(f): 7:45am On Apr 07, 2011
NM is really mean and AL should be cautious or avoid him totally if she can.
Re: Two Marriages And Still No Greencard by Thirst4Lif: 7:58am On Apr 07, 2011
The ex wife included a letter accusing him of fraud when she contacted the immigration office to stop the green card process. She made some damaging statements agaist him and I guess he has had many problems since.

Good for her!
Re: Two Marriages And Still No Greencard by justthink: 9:54am On Apr 07, 2011
Lord Reed you asked:
"What does he need the reference for a new application?"

His case is not typical and unusually complicated. For instance, many spouses withdraw greencard applications if a marriage ends. But in NM in this case was married to 2 different women!, within 2 years!,
Even though a child was conceived with the 2nd wife, her letter to the immigration office exposed what was happening in her life. At some point a court hearing was scheduled and NM abeg AL to come to court o please. Ex wife did not appear for his case. I think that is when things got really difficult for him.
I remember up until then he was very arrogant and unapologetic to her. But then just like now her needed her help and try to show her a different face but she did not believe him. I did not believe him either but I did not want say much about it.
As soon as he realize she was not going toassist him, he immediately returned to his normal attitude.

I think he wants her to write a letter that says she did not mean what she said years earlier, He may want her to take back her previous statements. He tells her that the letter she wrote is the main obstacle that prevents his case from moving foward. AL tells me that her ex husband has been really nice and sweet in recent phone conversations. I think he is pretending as he did many times before. She is a good and dear friend with a sincere heart and I don't want him to get to close to her again. I do not trust his intentions not at all. You know how a person can behave well when they want things from you but once the have it, some will not hesitate to show what a fool they have made of you. She is doing very well and I think he will disturb her progress sad to say.
Re: Two Marriages And Still No Greencard by 677ano(m): 11:09am On Apr 07, 2011
just think:

So here is the short version:
NM refused to apologize for his actions and continued to justify his actions saying that his behaivor is acceptable in his culture. He said that men rule in Nigeria.

The Nigerian man you have referred in this post must have forgotten that he in not living in Nigeria and Men do not rule in the USA.
please ask the lady not to offer him any help in getting a green card if he has killed her as a result of the abuse she received from him will she be there for him to ask for help?

He is on record with the immigration on two failed green card application how does he think he can get a green card as a wife abuser and a fraud?

He should park his bag and go to Nigeria and be ruling women there. What a nuisance.
Re: Two Marriages And Still No Greencard by 190: 11:43am On Apr 07, 2011
NM should have known that GREENCARD nor easy

Them nor dey Pluck am from tree!! grin grin grin
Re: Two Marriages And Still No Greencard by obowunmi(m): 1:10pm On Apr 07, 2011
Lol at 190
Re: Two Marriages And Still No Greencard by MrsChima(f): 1:50pm On Apr 07, 2011
677ano:

The Nigerian man you have referred in this post must have forgotten that he in not living in Nigeria and Men do not rule in the USA.
please ask the lady not to offer him any help in getting a green card if he has killed her as a result of the abuse she received from him will she be there for him to ask for help?

He is on record with the immigration on two failed green card application how does he think he can get a green card as a wife abuser and a fraud?

He should park his bag and go to Nigeria and be ruling women there. What a nuisance.

Easy killer easy. You right about the ruling women in America is like trying to find clean water in certain regions.
Re: Two Marriages And Still No Greencard by jaybee3(m): 1:51pm On Apr 07, 2011
^^
Do you wanna know the tribe that accepts women maltreation as a norm?
Re: Two Marriages And Still No Greencard by MrsChima(f): 1:52pm On Apr 07, 2011
jay bee:

^^
Do you wanna know the tribe that accepts women maltreation as a norm?

Jaybeeians?
Re: Two Marriages And Still No Greencard by jaybee3(m): 1:53pm On Apr 07, 2011
worrevaaaa chicken
Re: Two Marriages And Still No Greencard by MrsChima(f): 1:54pm On Apr 07, 2011
jay bee:

worrevaaaa chicken

I guess you won't tell me huh?
Re: Two Marriages And Still No Greencard by MrsChima(f): 2:00pm On Apr 07, 2011
jay bee:

worrevaaaa chicken

Coward.
Re: Two Marriages And Still No Greencard by 25omega(m): 2:00pm On Apr 07, 2011
NM is a classic example of you reap what you sow. He has made his bed now let him sleep in it
Re: Two Marriages And Still No Greencard by MrsChima(f): 2:02pm On Apr 07, 2011
25omega:

NM is a classic example of you reap what you sow. He has made his bed now let him sleep in it

Exactly. There are millions of NM around the world either reaping or will reap. Karma is a biatch and she never bleeds.
Re: Two Marriages And Still No Greencard by Pennywise(m): 2:03pm On Apr 07, 2011
Lost case. Bring NM home
Re: Two Marriages And Still No Greencard by MrsChima(f): 2:03pm On Apr 07, 2011
Pennywise:

Lost case. Bring NM home

Who will support NM when he comes home?
Re: Two Marriages And Still No Greencard by Pennywise(m): 2:04pm On Apr 07, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Who will support NM when he comes home? 
NM will survive. He has to somehow having squandered every opportunity his god gave him
Re: Two Marriages And Still No Greencard by MrsChima(f): 2:07pm On Apr 07, 2011
I guess the marriage scam is out of the question huh?

It is possible for him to "ashawo"?
Re: Two Marriages And Still No Greencard by Pennywise(m): 2:11pm On Apr 07, 2011
^^^If I was the immigration officer handling his case I will write a few things about him that will make alarm go off each time someone looks at his profile. Of course he will already be home
Mrs.Chima:

It is possible for him to "ashawo"?

What language is that. Where in Nigeria are u from
Re: Two Marriages And Still No Greencard by MrsChima(f): 2:15pm On Apr 07, 2011
He is already flagged.  I think once a person is "charged" with fraud via Immigration they are shunned for life.  No Immigration office in the world will look at him differently that if they give a bleep. 

With the rep that African men have as a whole not saying it the truth for ALL but too many have tainted the rep for the good ones.  Thus Immigration being eager to "deny" the visas. Unfortunately.  Some of them already parading that proudly on this site which is sad.
Re: Two Marriages And Still No Greencard by Pennywise(m): 2:18pm On Apr 07, 2011
This individual is beyond rehab. And frankly speaking the comfort he seeks might be in naija afterall.
Re: Two Marriages And Still No Greencard by MrsChima(f): 2:18pm On Apr 07, 2011
Pennywise:

^^^If I was the immigration officer handling his case I will write a few things about him that will make alarm go off each time someone looks at his profile. Of course he will already be home
What language is that. Where in Nigeria are u from

That language is Dsense the Nut.   I am not in Nigeria.
Re: Two Marriages And Still No Greencard by jaybee3(m): 2:19pm On Apr 07, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Coward.
Wearing the badge with my head held high
Yeah Yeah troublesome tongue
Re: Two Marriages And Still No Greencard by MrsChima(f): 2:20pm On Apr 07, 2011
Pennywise:

This individual is beyond rehab. And frankly speaking the comfort he seeks might be in naija afterall.

He has no choice.  I am sure his family will understand and offer assistance.
Re: Two Marriages And Still No Greencard by MrsChima(f): 2:20pm On Apr 07, 2011
jay bee:

Wearing the badge with my head held high
Yeah Yeah troublesome tongue

Pennywise, this AFRICAN BROTHER right here is not the good ones I speak of.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dealing With A Jealous Sister-in-law / Is He Normal? / Help!!..pls!!...bleeding Heart!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.